- Text Size +

I cannot and will not take any credit from the source material that I used for the following writing. I have become quite a fan of the writings of who is known as BBL or Zimmer. His imagination set forth into his tales speak to me like few other stories do. In fact, if I had a Top 10 most imaginative and exciting stories in my collection, his entries would take up half the list.

It wasn’t until I came across one of his stories called Going Down. It has been amended and reimagined by other great writers, but the version I found first was an incomplete one. This one seemed to stop the plot dead in its track, and then resume with new characters in different situations. Being a stubborn reader, I did not want to simply look for another version (which I found anyway).

So I took it upon myself to continue the plot and try to bridge the gap to where the story eventually continued. The following chapters are mine alone and may use some names, but some were changed to keep my spellcheck from freaking out.

A little background to those who may have never read the whole story Going Down, or any of its other versions: Rob Charmers was working construction when he accidently struck a canister that consumed him with gas. Weeks passed and our protagonist begins to shrink much to the chagrin of his wife Louise. They make the best of situations every time he gets even smaller. Then one day a secret meeting with a mysterious woman promises a cure only if they break into a secure military installation and steal the proper antidote, only for the plan to backfire with Louise mistakenly taking the antidote and growing to even bigger giantess size. This is where the story I found stopped...

And now...

 

Going Down

By BBL

Alternate chapters by youribasic


Part 16

Commander Berry met with me the next day. It was a private meeting without Louise so he would have my undivided attention. He sat at a metal table with very little on it, flanked by a couple aides. On his right was Captain Williams, a black man in his forties with a clipboard I could have played handball on. He would be the logistics officer. On the commander’s left was Captain Hayes, a brunette woman in her thirties that acted as the commander’s field liaison. She was not ugly by any means but her uniform did little to showcase her feminine charms.

“Hello again, Mr. Charmers. First I would like to thank you for meeting us like this. The purpose of this inquiry is to get as much information to help as many people as possible. May I present to you Captain Williams, who was the last subject to be part of project Infiltrator.”

“It’s good to meet you Mr. Charmers. I can honestly say that I know what you might be going through at this moment in your life.” Capt. Williams said. “We as the powers at large would like to apologize for any inconvenience that this ordeal has caused you and your family.”

“And to my left I would like to present Captain Hayes. She is my field officer that reports directly back to me.”

She smiles to me an angelic smile, as one who would never hurt a fly, or a tiny man for that matter. I hope that was just a facade because I couldn’t think such a lovely vision before me could make it through rigorous officer training and still remain so beautiful.

“I’m glad to meet you Mr. Charmers. It’s a shame what has happened to you because project Infiltrator was cancelled recently and no one was affected directly or indirectly. By seeing you there at two inches tall I can see that we were in error.” She showed an heir of disappointment on her part. She really felt personally responsible, but how could she?

“I have tried my best to come to grips with my new situation! I shouted with hands cupped around my mouth. “Aside from returning back to normal, I would like to know how this all came about! I hope I’m not asking too much!”

“No not at all, Mr. Charmers.” Capt. Hayes said.

“Please, call me Rob!” The two giant males share a goofy expression with each other. They’re probably thinking that my last name suits me perfectly. Maybe I will open up better with their female comrade.

“Alright Rob, you can call me Janet.” Our waning formalness must have put her at ease because that smile returned. “First Rob, can you tell us where this initial contact with the gas occurred?”

“It happened when I was clearing a lot downtown! I was moving rubble around when my shovel caught the canister and pierced it near the end, releasing this gas at me! My initial reaction was to cover my mouth but it was too late. I had sucked in quite a healthy dose!”

Capt. Williams drew my attention away from Capt. Hayes’ hypnotic blue eyes. “So Rob, how long did it take you to reach this final size that you are now?”

“About six weeks, Capt. Williams! First it was noticeable then it became gradual! My wife had the hardest time trying to keep up appearances with her diminishing husband! No one we talked to would give us a straight answer!”

“That’s because no one outside the military but a few scientists truly know the scope of the project.” Comd. Berry said. “The project would otherwise be so effective that in the wrong hands, it could prove to be the end of all humanity as we know it. That’s why we stopped the project. We started to have lapses in security as more and more people, including those with nefarious intentions, learned enough of the project to pose an immediate threat to national security, human security for that matter.”

“So I’m a casualty of a war not being fought, with a weapon no one should be using?!” My blood was starting to boil.

“Rob, please take note that the military and government did not mean for this to happen to you.” Janet said, trying to ease my anger. I couldn’t stay mad as long as I looked at her face. She couldn’t possibly mean to hurt me. “We want to try to correct all the wrongs that this circumstance has caused.”

“The bottom line is,” Comd. Berry interjected, “that funding for the project became so massive that the government couldn’t sustain the necessary security protocols to keep it secret any longer. The general population would not want to pay so much more in taxes to fund a project they’re not allowed to know about.”

“So why are you telling this?!” I ask dejectedly because I felt the citizens around me had let me down.

“Well, Rob it had become known to us shortly after the project was officially cancelled that there was an accounting error regarding the remaining units available.” Comd. Berry said. “Someone on the inside changed numbers to reflect the product remaining was finite, when in fact there was product unaccounted for.”

Capt. Williams continued to brief me. “As a member of the Infiltrator team I was privy to knowing how much of each gas was available and administered. It was then too late to match the numbers of what we had available, and what we thought we had.”

“So what does this have to do with me?!”

“Rob, Capt. Williams and I have determined that eight canisters, called Alter units, are missing out there. It is our opinion that you came across one of those missing canisters.” Janet said somberly. “Again this was an oversight on your military’s part and we are deeply sorry.” She was playing good cop in this interview, then again they all were.

“I see, what a way to get involved in something bigger that I could ever know!” This response caused a short giggle from Janet, but stopped instantly, embarrassed.

“Well that brings us to the events of yesterday Mr. Charmers.” Comd. Berry got serious again. “We here would like to know how you knew where to find our remaining canisters. Only someone in close proximity to the project would know such intelligence.”

I didn’t want to blow up Louise’s cover story, but deep down I felt that these giants could see right through me. Plus I didn’t want to lie to Capt. Janet because she seemed so sweet. If I lost her trust I would never be able to live with myself.

“Well to be honest, my wife allowed our doctor to reach out to the medical community, in hopes of getting to the bottom of my shrinking! What we received was a communication from a woman claiming to belong to a short person society! Louise wanted any help that could soften the blow of our situation!”

All three giants focused their attention on me. Janet leaned forward so close that I could smell her breath. It was of course a minty scent, probably from a breath mint.

“At the insistence of this mystery woman, we met in a local park! She called herself Miss Smith! She seemed to know exactly what was affecting me, and wanted to wrong some right she made!”

“Did you get a look at her Rob?” asked Capt. Williams.

“No, I was uh...hiding in my wife’s cleavage out of sight!” As I said this it sounded utterly preposterous. Both male giants raised their eyebrows, while Janet cracked a smile wider than I was tall. She wondered how ingenious my wife was.

“Rob, we have surveillance video from months ago, shortly after the announcement of project Infiltrator’s cancellation. We would like to know if you recognize anyone on this tape.” Capt. Williams places a laptop on the table towards me, with a screen as big as a drive-in theater. He presses play on the video and plays.

The video shows three women walk into what looks like a storage bay. I recognize it as the same storage bay that Louise and I found the canister that sprayed her with the enlarging agent. Minutes pass and then the women exit the bay carrying what look like two liter bottles of soda, two women carrying two canisters each, while the third watches the corridor and pass keys them out the building.

Capt. Williams paused the video. He zooms in on the woman not carrying canisters. “Do you recognize her Rob?”
A long hard look confirmed it for me. I knew who this woman was.

“Yes, I know who she is Capt. Her name is Gloria Smithers! She is my boss at the department store I worked at!”

“Are you sure this is the same woman that you work for, Rob?” asked Janet. “Up until six months ago she was an outside contractor that worked for the company that supplied the canisters.”

This can’t be the same person. The Gloria Smithers I know was in charge of the clothing and shoe department at a small department chain. As I start to recall any and all interactions between me and her, I realize that she seldom spent much time at the store itself. It turns out she had inherited the chain from her parents when they died. Even as I started shrinking, she seemed to be indifferent about my plight, maybe putting on an act to appear worried for me.

“I think this is the same person that Louise talked to in the park that day” said Janet. “Louise hadn’t met your boss yet, but Gloria obviously knew who she was. I’m willing to bet that she set the two of you up to fail, to cool the trail we had on her. Perhaps she meant for you to get caught coming back for more canisters like the first heist.”

Janet was making more sense than I wanted to believe. I barely knew my boss of three months but never would I think of her as some diabolical villainess hell bent on world domination.

The proof was there on the screen, blown up at the face to identify the guilty party. Gloria Smithers, formerly my simple boss for a dead end job, was actually a disgruntled contractor with access to world changing technology.

“You said there were eight canisters missing! I only see four being carried out!

“The Alter units can be also be manipulated in size” said Capt. Williams. “The enlarging canisters were most likely shrunken and hidden in their pockets from view.”

“Rob, you don’t know who the other two women are?” asked Comd. Perry.

“No, they don’t look familiar! Oh wait! The one behind Gloria! I know her, that’s her daughter Annabel! She was in the store once for shoes!”

“Annabel, huh? Her real name is Marlene, and the other one is Paula. Marlene is her adopted daughter and Paula is her right hand gal. Paula has a rap sheet that includes petty theft and resisting arrest.” Janet was painting a broader picture of this all female crime dynamic led by my former boss.

“So why don’t you just arrest her?! You know where she is!”

“It’s not that simple Rob. Simply arresting her and her cronies will not nullify the threat” said Capt. Williams. “We have intelligence that she has retrofitted a shrinking canister into a warhead to put on a missile. We fear that if she is successful in launching this missile, the dispersal of the gas would impact millions of humans, shrinking them down to two inches.”

Janet hides her mouth with her fist, contemplating the vision of a country of tiny helpless people. I begin to grasp the scope of the bigger picture. It was never about me. It was always about Miss Smithers.

Comd. Berry continues, “You see Rob, the prospect of a nation of tiny citizens becoming so vulnerable to attack by our regular size neighbors, is an end result that cannot be allowed to happen.”

“What do you expect me to do about this?! I’m only two inches tall!” I had a point of contention. How could I defeat a legion of two hundred foot tall women?

“We have a daring plan if you are willing to do what it takes for your country” said Comd. Berry. “Captain Hayes…” He gestures to Janet to take the lead. She leans forward again, this time her uniform contorts over the table top as her restrained breasts almost rest on the table. The ribbons above her breast pocket bend up from the womanly shelf formed from her innocent movement.

“Well Rob, we propose that you return to the department store and find out more about Gloria’s plot before it’s too late. I thought I could smuggle you in unnoticed as a shopper looking for shoes. This would allow you to infiltrate her domain and get us some intelligence.” Janet tried to contain her enthusiasm about the smuggling part. It was after all a logical plan of attack.

“I don’t know about that! Why can’t Capt. Williams here do the mission?! He knows the first thing about being this size!” I was weighing the options in my head. I kept thinking what would happen if I got caught.

“Trust me Mr. Charmers, I wish I could” said Capt. Williams.

“Well there you go Commander! You have a volunteer in your own ranks!” I was convincing myself not to do it, but falling on giant deaf ears.

“You see Commander? I knew he wouldn’t want to do it. He knows it’s a suicide mission, and frankly I don’t blame him. Now if you’ll excuse me” Capt. Williams stands up. “Good luck Mr. Charmers in whatever you decide.”

When the briefing started I was the last party to arrive, so I didn’t see the giants come in. When Capt. Williams got up to depart he had to use a crutch under his right shoulder because he was missing his leg above the knee. He limped out the back door, leaving behind Comd. Berry and Capt. Hayes.

“You’ll have to excuse Capt. Williams. He has been through more than any combat soldier I have ever met.” Comd. Berry said. “I wish I had more men like him.”

“What happened to his leg? IED exploded in Iraq? Friendly fire? ”

“You’ve forgotten Rob, he was the last soldier used in project Infiltrator. He lost his leg when he was two inches tall.” Janet shared this bit of background about him with sympathy. Her big blue eyes glazed over, fighting back tears.

I had managed to survive my ordeal mostly in the company of friendly yet playful giantesses. I can only imagine what hardship Capt. Williams had to endure at my present size.


Part 17

Later that day I met with Louise in the hangar. Janet had brought me there in a padded capsule she held in her hand. The accommodation was fine but not what I was accustomed to. I had hoped to hitch a ride on her person, but thought that would have been forward of me. I mean she was my new friend not my wife.

Louise was sitting up with her head mere feet from the rafters of the hangar. Her legs were stretched out straight extending halfway through the interior, like two perfectly tanned small submarines docked together at a blue mooring that was her pleated skirt. She couldn’t hide from anyone now, especially me as I used the speaker system located at the far side of the hangar.

“Louise, it’s me Rob! How are you coping?”

“I’m doing well, all things considered. You wouldn’t believe how boring it is to be cooped up inside this dog house.”

I never thought that a structure able to park multiple airships could be referred to as a dog house. I try to contain myself and appear serious.

“Honey, Comd. Berry sat down with me today to discuss what happened between us and the mystery woman!”

“But Rob, I thought my story was adequate enough so we wouldn’t implicate her” she said. “She was the reason we had a chance at all of returning you to normal.”

“Well babe, what I found out about her today will make you wish you hadn’t returned that call!”

“What do you mean?”

“I mean she set us up to get caught! She used to work at the facility as a private contractor, so when the funding ended, she helped herself to some canisters for, how can I put this, ulterior motives! She wanted us to get caught so her trail would be lost!”

“Baby if that’s true, then this is my fault” Louise started to well up and lose her composure. “If I hadn’t agreed to follow my heart and trust that woman then we wouldn’t be here like this.” Her tears ran down her cheeks, each one could fill a crock pot in my size. “With you so tiny and me so huge”

I had to calm her down, but I couldn’t be with her physically, not at this time. “Honey, please calm down! We both wanted this! We both share some blame for trusting strangers in our moment of weakness!”

“If only I knew who she was” Louise was now acting irrationally, tapping her fingers against the far wall of the hanger, causing the whole structure to vibrate.

“Honey, we know who it is! You won’t believe it! Talk about a small world, not for me of course!”

That statement was for Louise’s benefit. She cracked a smile and wiped away her tears. It was amazing to actually hear the air whoosh as she simply moved her arm from her side to her face.

“Who is it Rob?”

“It’s my old boss from the department store, Gloria Smithers! She stole canisters from the storage bay before they missed them! Before I even met her, I found one of these canisters that sprayed me with shrinking gas! The military believes she might be fashioning a weapon of mass destruction!”

“Oh no baby, how do we stop her?”

“They devised a plan for me to get back to the department store and find out more about her intentions!”

“Honey it sounds dangerous. You are so tiny to her. If you got caught that would be the end of you. I would never have said my goodbye” Louise was getting emotional again.

“I didn’t accept the terms of their plan! They will have to find another way to catch her!” The statement seemed to put her mind at ease.

“Rob baby, what’s going to happen to us? I feel like such a burden to need so much food and drink at my size. I’m sure I’m putting a drain on somebody’s wallet to keep me alive” Louise was now making sense. Who would be on the hook for her large wellbeing? “I don’t want to have to hide in this shelter for blimps. Or am I now a blimp as well?”

“You are not a blimp Louise! Stop thinking that! You are my wife, at any size, at every time, until death till us part!” For the first time after weeks of amazing debauchery at different sizes, I felt I had to say what I truly felt always. This was my wife no matter what happened from now on.

“Thank you for keeping me company Rob. I need this time to remember the familiar aspects of my life still exist, even if they don’t appear familiar.”

“I’ll talk to you again soon honey! Please get some rest!”

“Oh Rob baby, could you get me just one thing if nothing else?”

“Sure honey anything!”

“See if you can bring me a bottle of liquid marked ‘smaller’.”

“Okay, I see what I can do! Talk to you soon, Alice!” I disconnect the speaker and leave the hangar. Janet waited for me outside and presented the capsule for me. If this was normal size it would be like a landing module from a space mission. Never the less it was my mode of transport now.

The next morning I awoke in my makeshift room on top of a lab table. The room had all four walls and a clear ceiling with holes to keep the air coming in. It also had formal lavatory services that cheered me up. I was getting tired of relying on someone to bring me to a gigantic toilet and do my business without falling in.

I couldn’t sleep well, not because of the room, but because of the prospect of remaining this size forever. Would I be content to spend the rest of my life on a lab table between flasks and jars? Would I be merely a curiosity for scientists to marvel at and test theories on? Was I truly still a man, or something considerably less? I had to talk to someone.

Janet arranged to transport me to an office on the other side of the complex. She opened the capsule and let me out in front of a sign that was taller than me and wider than a house. It said Capt. Jared Williams.

Janet sat down in a chair behind me away from the desk. I walk around the huge nameplate towards the middle of the desk. There I come across a folder marked ‘Smithers G. Project Infiltrator’. It was like a manila folder parking lot that could hold ten of my size cars on it. I look around and saw a portrait of him, his wife and their two children. The picture could have doubled as a billboard on the side of the highway.

I heard the door open behind us and it was in fact Capt. Williams. He limped with his crutch behind the desk and plopped down on his chair.

“Thank you for seeing me Capt. Williams! I wanted to talk to you about your experiences in project Infiltrator!” I stepped away from his family picture and toward the folder.

“Well thank you for your interest Mr. Charmers, and please call me Jared.”

“Thanks Jared! I have had some time to think about what was said yesterday, about how critical the timeframe is for such events to occur! I want to hear from someone who has felt the scale of the world that I feel now!”

“Well Rob, there was a time when project Infiltrator was a viable realistic measure to combat the Cold War. At its height there were dozens of scientists on the project. To keep as secretive as possible scientists were only permitted to contribute to selective parts of the process. No scientist would know the complete process for fear of losing the technology to our enemies.”

“You mean this process of shrinking and enlarging was actually used in the field?!”

“Not quite Rob. When the project was ready to deploy there would be eight to twelve subjects, as we were called. Only four to six of us would be used at a time because of the expense of the product and its delivery system. Plus the fewer subjects were used, the higher percentage of the mission being successful.”

“You were one of these subjects Jared?!”

“Yes, one of four soldiers from different branches, we were selected for our fitness and ability to recover quickly from fatigue. Unfortunately the shrinking process was not quite perfected yet, as you might have noticed. How long did it take you shrink all the down Rob?”

“About six weeks Jared!”

“It took me four weeks. It was the most surreal four weeks of my life, maybe anyone’s life. I’m sure I don’t have to tell you about new experiences with everyday things do I?”

“Ah no! I had my run-ins with doll clothes and giant toilets and being stuck in precarious places!” I heard Janet snicker behind me. I turn around and she plays it off as a half sneeze.

“Well Rob, nothing prepares you for unique scenarios during the shrinking process. When I was three feet tall I was spanked by my six year old son for talking to him like his father. It is all about perspective, like when my eight year old daughter’s playdate friend mistakenly collected me as one of her dolls to come home with her.” Janet tried hopelessly to keep from giggling. “Capt. Hayes you don’t have to be here if you’re not going to take this seriously.”

“I’m sorry Jared. It does sound surreal that a man of your inner strength and fortitude could have endured such extraordinary circumstances.”

“Needless to say her mother almost had a heart attack when she saw all ten inches of me trying to escape her daughter’s room! She eventually warmed up to me when she started dressing and undressing me like a black Ken doll. My wife eventually found me during a cookout, tied to a bottle of mustard with a rubber band. She confronted the mother and what happened next was otherworldly!”

“What do you mean?!”

“I mean the catfight over a four inch man that only rivalled fictional battles between titans. The sounds of slaps thundered overhead as my wife recovered me. I had never felt more love for my wife than I did at that moment. She was my savior from this giant world.”

I knew where Jared was coming from. I had my silly exploits because of my size that most times I couldn’t control. At times I was merely an object and not a person. Janet crossed her legs as the story was getting her confused with different feelings she couldn’t identify. Was she proud of Jared’s tenacity or his wife’s loyalty?

“By the time I became two inches tall I had become accustomed to being in a giant world. No training could prepare for the physical and psychological impact of seeing giant and sometimes huge objects move with such grace and speed and power. My son made amends with me and learned to be careful when I was around. Of course, he was six years old and boys would be boys. Once he would stick me in the cockpit of his toy F-35 fighter jet and whisk me around as if I was flying it! Talk about needing a barf bag!” This last bit of sharing was meant to excite a laugh from his captive audience. Janet and I were just gob smacked at the abuse a tiny yet grown man could endure.

“What about, you know, being intimate as you shrunk?” Janet beat me to the question. I turned around to acknowledge her good question and notice her face getting flushed. Maybe she was being too forward with the married Capt. Williams.

“Well if you must know, my wife found me repulsive at four, then three feet tall. She felt she didn’t want to feel like she was with a small child. My frustration would mount and I had to release myself on occasion. One such time I was caught finishing myself by my daughter when I was eighteen inches tall. She thought I was leaking fluid so she picked me up and brought my nakedness down to see her mother. Let’s just say my wife would therefore never neglect her marital role in our relationship.”

Janet took a deep breath so loud that we both heard it. She might have enjoyed these memories of Jared more so.

“Your size difference does test your faithfulness in your marriage!” I said as if I was pretending I was so faithful to my wife, when in fact the last couple of weeks would have gotten me divorced many times over.

“It only brought us closer in ways that conventional relationships had no precedence anymore. My final night at home the kids were at sleepovers and my wife would give herself to me uninhibited. It was an adventure like none other; having your wife allow you to explore her body as a landscape rather than a partner. Whether it was trekking along long legs with knees as waypoints, drinking from a belly button disguised as a shallow well, scaling the soft peaks of my wife’s glorious chocolate bosom, or testing my breathing inside her prodigious womanhood. It was an experience that dreams are made of, but science had executed.”

I couldn’t help but feel a little aroused at the vision of such behavior. It could also be that he was remembering similar events with his wife Louise, not to mention teenagers Gaynor and Mandy. He still hoped that she would never find out.

Janet kept crossing her legs back and forth, trying not to appear that the latest revelations from Jared had given her a rise. She stood up awkwardly and turned for the door.

“Is there a problem Janet?” asked Jared. “You look a little flushed. Are you coming down with something?”

“No I’m fine. Is it hot in here? I have to go splash my face real quick. I’ll be right back.” She heads for the door and almost misses the handle. She regains herself and exits out to the corridor.

The both of us look at each other and burst out laughing. We had become kindred spirits. Even though we hadn’t met before two days ago, I felt we shared more than any friend I still had from grade school. We didn’t wait for Janet to come back and kept up the conversation.

“So Jared, how did you lose your leg?!” I was cutting to the chase. “Was it during some sex romp with your wife or mishap with your kids?!”

“Neither, in fact I wish that could have happened. At least there would have been compassion from the offending parties. No Rob, this happened in between training missions. I had been two inches tall for about three weeks. Part of our training was quite inventive. We had teams of four used to complete otherwise normal tasks of a normal person.” Capt. Williams continued. “One task we had to sneak across the base undetected by any cameras. Another task had us scale up a cliff sized countertop. Each exercise was to test our resolve and commitment to work as a team. After a while we could trust each other with our lives.” Capt. Williams was sounding proud for his comrades in arms. “One night we had to perform the silliest of missions.”

“What was that Jared?!”

“The mission was to simply turn on the TV in the officer’s lounge. Now at six foot six it involves a couple steps, bending down on the couch, grabbing the remote and pressing it on. But when you’re only two inches tall, it takes over an hour of reaching the couch, and climbing the front side to the pillows. It took all four of us to flip the remote over to see the buttons. We took turns trying to press the power button on. It wasn’t until two of us mustered enough power with our four hands to activate the TV.”

“That is amazing! A team of tiny super soldiers reacting to a giant world! I’m surprised that the project didn’t stay afloat!” I was impressed with Capt. Williams. Even at two inches tall he was a man’s man.

“Like I said before, what happened between training missions is the result of what you see today.” Jared’s voice became serious. “One day we were granted leave so we could spend some time with our families. It had been weeks since we were separated and I wanted to be with my giant wife again.”

I was getting mixed signals here. His serious tone didn’t match where my dirty mind was heading. He was going home to his family. He should have been happy.

He continued. “The four of us boarded a transport lovingly nicknamed ‘the football’. It was a brown oblong vehicle with padding inside and out so the occupants could be transported safely. Minutes later we were on the move, but we didn’t end up on the shuttle for the welcome center. We ended up in someone’s car, placed on the passenger seat. Through our limited portholes we were able to make out the giant driving us off. It was Gloria Smithers!”

“Oh my God, this bitch’s actions knew no bounds!”

“It didn’t stop there Rob. She took us back to her home where her daughter Marlene was waiting for us. Gloria simply shook us out of our transport onto her queen size bed, which might as well have been a raised soccer field. The four of us ran in separate directions to get away but it was just too far. Huge hands from above came down and caught us all.”

I try to imagine the monster giant that used to be Annabel towering over me when I was five feet tall was now Marlene, the two hundred foot evil goddess with evil sexuality in her heart.

“The two giantesses took turns pairing us up to do ‘extra training’. Some of us were forced to undress Gloria as she lied on her back, with us teaming up to pull her mighty bra off. We had to carry on conversations while each of us balanced on different nipples. Then we were made to compete with each other to see whose nipple would arouse first.” Jared was recalling this like it happened yesterday, and it was affecting him.

“Another one of their games was to have Marlene lie down and have teams of two ride on her outer labia in the task of not falling into her womanhood. She made this difficult by contracting her muscles, getting aroused by its hot wetness, causing an earthquake effect. At one point one of us lost his footing and started to fall into the Marlene chasm. It took all three of us to pull him out, but doing so meant climbing over her pulsating clitoris for traction.”

I knew this was a heartfelt yet life threatening ordeal that Jared was confiding in me, but I couldn’t help fight back an erection building in my loose trousers. I hoped he didn’t notice. At this time it would be a sign of disrespect.

It was about that time that Janet returned from the bathroom, refreshed and composed. She returned to her seat behind me and chimed in. “Okay, fellows. Where were we?”

“I was just getting to the part about how I lost my leg” Jared said. “After the last escapade with Marlene we were going to revolt and try to get away. Gloria asserted her monumental authority over us and snatched us up in one hand. She yelled to Marlene to set up a sauce pan on the stove. Gloria opened her palm to see us four cowering together. My humanity was almost gone, and I felt my brothers in arms felt the same way. She breathed more instructions at us with a scent of scotch over us. She was going to test our resistance to extreme temperatures.” Jared takes a deep breath and continues. “We were taken to the kitchen where we heard the sauce pan start to sizzle. In a quick moment we were dumped onto the hot surface as if we were mere chopped vegetables.”

Janet must have heard or read about this story from a third party because she was getting distraught. I’m sure she knew how this story would end.

“We landed on what looked like cut pieces of chicken breast, looming like small icebergs strewn across the pan. A command from above said to try to last as long as possible. We started by climbing any chunk of chicken near our respective positions. The chicken was seasoned with powder and herbs, making it hard to stay on. Our plan was to make it to the edge before the chicken cooked through, and us in the process.”

What erection I once had was long gone. If Jared wasn’t the one telling the story I would have sworn that he didn’t make it up. Janet reached near me and pulled a tissue out, the size of a cotton tent for four, near the edge of the desk and wiped her eye. She was obviously moved by this tale of survival.

“As we each moved toward our goal of the edge of the pan, Gloria would move the chicken chunks closer to the middle. I heard screaming behind me as one of us falls off his chunk and gets buried by another chunk! That was Capt. Tanaka’s last breath as he cooked to death under three inches of chopped poultry. We had to persevere and continue. We moved as a team moving from chunk to chunk until we ran out of fowl real estate. It was a considerable jump to the edge, about eight feet. I would try it first as I was the jumper of the team.”

I was now rooting for Jared to escape the hell that was a giantess’s boring weeknight dinner. Janet held her head in her hands because she knew how the rest of the story unfolded.

“I jumped for the edge and made it, clinging to the pan’s outer border. I could see over the side and it was maybe a ten foot drop to the stove top. I gesture to the other two to try it, hoping I can help catch them to the edge. Capt. Torres was next and took one leap and made it to me. We were almost there. We don’t leave anyone behind. Next was Capt. O’Brien.”

Janet knew the climax to this tragedy was coming and tried to stay still.

“O’Brien leaped off the chicken and landed on top of us. The weight of him was too much for us and caused Capt. Torres to lose his hold on the pan and fell back down into the hot oil. I also couldn’t manage to stay up and fell, only that most of me fell on top of Capt. Torres. My right leg was still exposed and bathed in hot oil as Capt. O’Brien reached down to get me. The screams of Torres burning under me still haunt me to this day.”

I now can’t fathom how lucky I have been up to now. Had I been so fortunate to survive at two inches tall that what I now heard was chilling me to the bone.

“It was O’Brien that pulled me up and in another heroic movement, heaved me over the side of the pan, landing on the raised stove top just short of the roaring burner. I scream up to O’Brien to jump towards me so I can cushion his fall. Then the unexpected happened. Gloria started to shake the pan back and forth in order to fully cook the chicken. That movement was enough for Capt. O’Brien to fall out the pan, but into the twelve foot wide flame, effectively incinerated him like the blast back from a rocket. His human scream simply, abruptly ended.”

“Stop it! Stop it! Shut up! Please just shut up!” Janet screams and runs out the door in a huff.

“What was that all about Jared?!” I ask feeling worried for Janet.

“Capt. O’Brien and Janet were seeing each other for over a year when he volunteered for the project. She always objected and swore she would never handle the man she loved as some insect or piece of jewelry. When news came of our accident, she swore to get restitution for her lost lover. That’s why she volunteered for this detail Rob.”

It was the first time since forever that I learned something personal about someone, without getting personal with them. Sure I would love to be held by Janet, allow me to roam her body and perhaps make her feel bigger than she really was. But she had no desire to act out such perverted feelings such as handling small men and putting them in their place. I misjudged Janet, and would have to help her get some closure, but as an understanding friend, not some sexual pest.

“So how did you escape Jared?! Surely you were now grossly outnumbered!”

“It was dumb luck Rob. When we didn’t arrive at the welcome center Capt. Torres’ wife called command wondering what was the holdup. Comd. Berry then had the security cameras checked and isolated the football leaving in a car. They ran the plates and tracked Gloria down to her house. In the meantime I had to find cover before I was garnish for their chicken. I crawled about twenty feet to the unused burner next to it, hoping they were not cooking a side dish as well. I remained there for the two hours until the Military Police raided the home. Unfortunately the giantesses had left recently, probably to set up shop at the department store. When they searched the kitchen they looked only on tables, chairs and cupboards. I had to summon all my strength to drag myself from the burner and get anyone’s attention. It was only by mistake that an officer loomed over the stove top and commented on the red line on the stove between burners, that looked like it was made with a grease pencil but in fact it was my blood trail from my leg. Over here! The officer yelped, and I was saved.”

“Did she ever get prosecuted for triple homicide Jared?”

“Of course not, Rob. The deaths of three officers, my friends, were ruled accidental during training exercises. Their wives were given flags, medals posthumously, and full pensions. What they had lost that day no human could ever return. Men gave their lives so I may live on.” Jared started to tear up.

How could such a tough looking, battle tested soldier be reduced to tears? Losing his friends in combat was one thing, but watching such a preposterous event unfold before him would have made a weaker man question his sanity and humanity. There was no way I would ever doubt Jared’s opinions about anything again.

Jared collected himself enough to continue. “She is still out there Rob. You know this, as well as I do. We the collective military forces are committed to bringing Gloria Smithers to justice for the crimes against humanity she has committed, not to mention the terror she is poised to inflict on our country.”

There was no need to sell this idea to me. If it meant closure for Janet, the officers’ families, and of course Jared, then I was all in. “Okay Jared, when do we get started?!”

I had another meeting with Louise that night. I didn’t let on what I would be doing in the morning. She didn’t need to know anything that would alarm her and cause her to act irrationally. A girl at her size acting crazy is bound to cause some serious damage and attract attention. In the interest of national security, I was not to divulge any details of my secret mission behind enemy lines to my giant wife. I reassured her that we would soon be together again. She had to be strong for the two of us.

The next morning was the day. I had very little quality sleep. I just kept thinking about the stories that Jared shared with me the day before. Some of them seemed so improbable to live through with any dignity, but he had. He seemed to be able to collect himself daily in order to live whatever normal life was now afforded him. He met me at the lab table.

“Rise and shine hero. Today’s the day you save the world.”

“Aren’t you getting your hopes up a little early Jared?! I mean we haven’t even left the base yet and you’re handing out medals!” I was trying to soften the mood because I could feel the tension in the air.

“You have to think positive. If you don’t you are doomed to fail. Now if you are ready to go please make yourself comfortable in the capsule. I’ll take you over to the welcome center.” Jared was feeling better today, perhaps from the talk we had yesterday. Maybe he treated it as a therapy session because he sounded so upbeat and positive. I think he needed to share his own personal hell with others so he could mature onward as a human being.

“What about Janet? I thought she was going to transport me!”

“She will meet us in the welcome center. She is running late, trying to find the perfect outfit for, you know your mission. I think she has come around regarding the gravity of this situation, and will do whatever it takes to make sure we are mission capable.”

I think what Jared was telling me in so many smart words, was that Janet may have loosened up regarding handling small men. After hearing what happened to her beau Capt. O’Brien I knew she wanted some degree of revenge. I just hoped she can keep her emotions in check.

About half an hour later we arrived at the welcome center, a large lobby with adjoining rooms on the sides. We occupied one of them, waiting on Janet to arrive. And boy did she...

To be continued?