- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Now we take a look at Lesley's visit, from the perspective of Laurenville.

Some of the citizens of Laurenville followed the gaze of the new goddess towards the south end of town and many of them even realized what she was looking at.  However, few drew the conclusion of the next chain of events.  The next seconds would seem like hours for the doomed citizens of Laurenville. With a movement like lightning, the goddess slightly elevated an enormous foot, revealing her gigantic brown flip flops to even those previously too close to see below her shin.  Then the goddess swung her foot at the orange sandals in the middle of the city, her own footwear dozens of feet above the tops of the larger skyscrapers.  The contact of rubber on rubber echoed like thunder to the nearly microscopic people, and the brunt force slid the orange sandal into its mate, leveling everything between them.  The displaced air from Lesley’s own foot was a hurricane of winds, blowing cars and people into buildings blocks away from the point of contact.  The orange flip flops were like impossible bulldozers, rumbling through the city like death.  The incredible grinding noise of concrete, steel, and flesh could be heard for five miles in any direction, the wails of people staring 300-foot high orange impending doom head-on were only drowned out by exploding highrise buildings and shattering glass, followed by silence as the wall of orange rubber rolled onward at unthinkable speed.  On the edge, debris piled up fifty feet high and was ground underneath the sole of the sandals.  Those far enough away to flee had mere seconds to hammer down on the accelerator or turn and run, but it was all in vein as the wall of destruction collided with the baby blue flip flops nearby.  The total momentum colliding with the stationary blue footwear caused the second pair of flip flops to shoot skyward, wedging the leading orange sandal beneath the first blue one.  Hundreds of people in the area where the arch of the sandal curled inward saw the underside of the blue flip flop when it was launched in the air, but they then exploded as the debris field rolled onward.

            To the south, the onlookers of those first three seconds of mass destruction soon became more than bystanders.  The murderous goddess reached her mile-long foot past the initial destruction and over the city.  Men gasped and women screamed as their sky turned brown.  The three round plugs holding in the strap were each five blocks in diameter, and the tiniest imperfections on the smooth sole seemed like canals and trenches on an upside-down plain.  People raised their arms over their heads in resistance, but the instoppable force did not notice.  A devastating local earthquake rocked all the buildings near to the impact, and towers that weren’t crushed by the shoe tumbled from the shaking.  The impact of the foot sent an even greater air disturbance out from around, and dust and debris blew through the air, covering everyone nearby in a grayish powder and hurling buildings, people, and cars dozens of yards.  Above the crunching sound of destruction, people nearby could hear the compression of the rubber and stretching of the straps of the sandal as the full weight of the young woman came upon the foot.  As she made her next step, she lifted her heel to make her third step, and a near-deafoning slirp echoed through the entire closet.  The upward motion of the flip flop stirred up even more dust and debris, and in another instant the foot was gone from sight.  Far above the survivors hung a denim-clad towering thigh and large, curvy ass. 

            Two more such devastating steps had the goddess standing over the towering heels in the south of town.  The seconds following the initial attack caused the entire city to go into panic, and everyone near the sandals set to running about with absolutely no idea what to do, other that watch the approach of the woman.  With her standing directly over them, thousands of people looked straight up, craning their necks to see past the cuff of her jeans.  Then like a meteor, her enormous body curled in on itself, falling towards the ground, and an impossibly huge hand reached out for the earth.  The fingernails and tips of skin dug deep into the depths of the city, disintegrating whole buildings like sand.  Her other hand flew forward and snatched the black heels, followed by the white twin shoes.  The shifting of her weight caused her right foot to slide three blocks to the east, leveling even more city.  As she rose, thousands more perished as she pivoted on the ball of her foot, dragging the sole of the flip flop in a circle, swabbing the closet floor once more.  Another gigantic crushing step and she was gone, leaving the city horribly scarred.

            The dead numbered in the tens of thousands.  Emergency services would have been stretched thin working one footprint, much less half a dozen.  Fires raged on the edges of the craters.  The whine of sirens rang over the crackling of burning debris.  Hundreds more died in severely damaged buildings that collapsed as the twisted metal fatigued.  Patients bled to death from the shortage of bandages, and the wounded piled up.  The distant booming of the voices of the goddesses was completely ignored while even the undamaged portions of town focused on the trajedy.  News crews flew helicopters and small airscraft overhead, observing the five mile long trenches dug by the sliding flip flops, and the mile long holes compacted by the striding giantess.  Five minutes later the pandemonium continued, and then Lauren appeared, towering over the city.  The citizens shouted skyward for help, for care, for assistance, even though she could not hear them.  The people wanted, needed, desired her help.  Men, women, and children had a defeated, begging look upon their faces, looking into the eyes of the young blonde.  In return, they received a smirk, then a mild grin, as Lauren looked at the microscopic devastation in her city.