- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

 

It feels good to see this story thriving even if I'm not here. Well, thankfully I'll be heading back soon. Got the for sure we're going home in November so expect me to be writing back to my usual schedule once that happens. :D

But I do want to thank Franchise Writer for taking over in my absense, I have personally but I can't say it enough. He's been helping me ever since I started and even now he still keeps me going. XD

This chapter was intresting to read to say the least and I look forward to what you all think. Either way it should be a fun time and I'm eager to know what he still has planned for Eve.

But, let me not rabble on, lets get to the fun part!

 

Enjoy~

 

 

 

*"So my family had their precious *Heiress* back, a title that seems to hold more value than the person it’s given to. But, I wasn’t all there, if you catch my drift. The illness I developed sealed my fate. And that Vampire from before knew it. With my death, came about the sad turn of events that led up to me finding myself in these caverns amongst these other Monsters you’ve come to know.

 

And, the tragic realization… that I was no longer considered human, in my parent's eyes…*"

 

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

 

 

Two weeks later…

 

Moving around the upper halls of the manor, Caitriona kept a calm face as she tried to ignore it, ignore what everyone here had been listening to for the past three days. Dusting off the mantle over a rich fireplace, the head maid paused as a loud crash rumbled through the wall as bloodcurdling screams rang out all around once more.

It was the young mistress throwing another temper tantrum again. They were increasing by the day, and now, by the hour. Sighing, the auburn-haired woman tucked the small ruffle of feathers she had been using beneath her arm before pacing towards the young blonde's bedchambers.

Eying the door broken off its hinges as one of the other staff members clenched his dislocated arm in pain, the redhead walked past him indifferently as she peered into the room. Rocking back and forth on her bed, Eveline panted through her teeth as she gripped her head. She felt, so, hungry… it, it hurt…

It was driving her mad. In her room, once pristine and pamper, was now a mess which the likes she had never made. Dishes of food of all forms were shattered on the floor. Plates and glasses had been thrown against the wall. The curtain as well had been nailed down over the window letting in as little light as possible. And now, a new door was needed as well… along with a new butler.

Stepping over part of the mess, Caitriona Looked on at Eveline as she child sobbed. She had been like this for over a week now, hurting... and it was hurting herself too. “It wasn’t to your liking either, was it?” Raising her twitching face up, the child sobbed as she shook her head.

“I, I’m, I’m hungry… p-p-please…” Eveline stuttered out tearfully as her stomach let out an eerie gurgling squelch. Moving her hand up to her chest, the maid bowed before turning around. “I’ll go to the kitchen and have the chef prepare you some more cuisines. We’ll find you something more to your new appetite, I promise.” Smiling weakly at her pseudo-mother of sorts, Eveline nodded as she watched Caitriona walk out of her room before helping the butler up as well as they both walked away.

Rocking back and forth as she waited for her to return, Eveline’s bloody eyes shot around as she heard noises everywhere. Her ears, they were a lot stronger than they were a few days ago. And all this incessant noise was driving her mad!

The birds outside that chirped sounded more like vultures cawing directly in her ears! And the sound of rain was like shots being fired from muskets every time they hit the pavement. Even the sound of people walking up and down the manor stairs sounded like thunder crashing against her eardrums.

Shaking her head as she cupped her ears harder, the blonde licked her lips as she felt her body burning from the inside out. Her stomach, she was so hungry. She didn’t understand it. Every time she tried to eat something, it… it just tasted like ash in her mouth!

Chicken, pork, potatoes, carrots, milk, water! Everything turned to dust once it hit her tongue! She just wanted something to eat! Crying miserably, Eveline fell to her side as she clawed her tattered bedsheets. Raising her hand weekly to her face, the blonde’s eyes radiated crimson as they reflected off her elongated nails. They looked more like claws at this point…

And she kept shredding her bed apart when she slept. This had been the third replacement she had gotten in the following weeks of her recovery… if you could even call it that. She had just traded one plague for another. But worst of all… unlike her prior illness, her parents didn’t come by every day to check on her… in fact, she hadn’t seen either of them in over five days.

Whimpering as she sniveled weakly, Eveline shook her head. She just wanted things to go back to the way they were. Something was changing in her… and she didn’t understand what it was. All she could do was hope…

 

That’s all she had left…

 

 

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

 

 

Standing at attention, Caitriona looked down at Eveline as she watched her, praying under her breath as she waited for either a pleased... or a disgruntled reaction to her new meal. Having one of the few kitchen staff that remained set down something in front of her, the others had quit after being on the receiving end of the child’s wrath, the redhead waited as she saw the blonde lean up slowly. Looking back at them with darkened eyes, along with her messy unwashed locks and feral fangs and nails, even the maid had to shiver.

She truly did resemble a monster. Clenching her hands behind her back, the woman bowed before twitching her neck, a signal for the butler to get out, something he did rather swiftly in fact. He didn’t want to be in her as much as anyone else did. No one in this manor wanted to be near this… thing. But, she would be by the young mistress’s side as long as needed. It was expected of her by Lord Ventris… wherever he was… Not to mention she was her charge, ever since she was born in fact.

Watching as the child was sniffing the brass pan, Caitriona cautiously moved her hand towards it before pulling the lid off. Furrowing her brow, Eveline looked down at the crisp slab of meat in front of her as she scowled, but, she continued to sniff it tentatively none the less. Something was different. It smelled delicious, all the food did… but, something else was there. As she looked over the meat before her, the child soon figured it out.

Pooling beneath the steak was a large puddle of blood. It seemed it hadn’t been fully cooked, or, at least it was served to her red. Looking back at her maid quizzically, Caitriona simply bowed her head once more. “Please, try it at least. I-I have a hunch…” She muttered weakly.

Frowning, the younger girl nodded before picking up the fork beside her new dish, only for the metal bend in half like it was made of paper. She didn’t even know why she tried anymore… this had been the fifteenth or sixteenth one this week…

Looking back at the redhead, she nodded approvingly before Eveline picked up the meat with her bare hands. If her father saw her doing this he’d be appalled… thankfully though, Caitriona didn’t have loose lips. Bringing the bloody steak to her lips, the younger girl sniffed it once again before opening her mouth weakly.

Taking a small bite from the dripping meat, Eveline chewed it cautiously before her eyes shot open. Looking down at it in shock, a crooked smile slowly made its way to her lips. She, she could taste it… it tasted sweet… like, sugar actually. Was meat supposed to taste like that?

Tossing any sense of curiosity out the window, Eveline growled before snapping her teeth around the hunch of meat, her fangs tearing it apart as if it were nothing. Taking a step back as she smiled quietly, Caitriona nodded as she saw the young mistress devouring the bloody steak as if she were a starving wolf… then again…

As she shredded the meat apart with her fingers, Eveline’s smile never faded, even once she swallowed the final piece. Licking her fingers giddily, the blonde even went as far as to start cleaning the platter with her tongue. She couldn’t get enough of this taste!

Moving over to the dish to take it once it looked thoroughly cleaned, Caitriona reached down before jumping back in surprise as Eveline growled at her, her face scrunched into an angry glare as she hissed at her defensively. Moving her shaking hand back behind her, the maid stepped backward before making her way towards the door. She’d have to prepare more for her immediately.

It didn’t look like the blonde was done… and she was afraid to see her hungry again, now that she had a taste for blood…

 

 

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

 

 

Standing over her Master’s study as he wrote on various documents beneath him, Caitriona watched in silence as she waited for him to acknowledge her presence. She had been trying to get his attention for some time now, but, he didn’t look like he wanted to be disturbed. In fact, it seemed like he was deliberately choosing to ignore her.

As minutes ticked by, a quiet sigh escaped the haggard man's lips before he glared back at the redhead. It was clear she didn’t intend on leaving until he spoke to her. “What is it Caitriona, I’m very busy.” He snapped. Gripping her wrists behind her back, the auburn-haired woman bowed before looking back at her Master.

“Sir, the young Mistress has been requesting your presence for days. Perhaps, a break is in order. She really misses you… and, she’s scared…” She whispered. Looking back at his work, Mr. Ventris scowled further before lifting his hand and flicking his wrist. “That’s it? Leave me be, I need to finish what I’m doing. Keep catering to her as ordered. If she wants something she can get it from you. Dismissed.” He barked before silence lingered in the room.

Glaring at the man, Caitriona bowed her head begrudgingly before turning to leave. “As you wish, Sir…” Stepping back to the study doors, the maid let herself out before closing them gently behind her, her face shifting into one of anger once she was out of sight.

 

“I’m sorry Miss Eveline… I tried…”

 

 

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

 

 

*"Weeks went by, and nothing changed. I was catered to by staff and maids alike while my parents never came to see me… not even when I begged. And things only got worse from there. It seemed I had acquired a taste for certain… delights after what Caitriona had done for me. Yet, as much as I treasured her insightful decision at the time… it turned out that it was a grave mistake in the end…

And it pushed me one step further into becoming what you see me as now…"*

 

~

 

 

Standing at the blonde’s bedside as she ate, Caitriona stared down at the ground as she chose not to look. Eveline was getting worse and she knew it. Biting her tongue as she tried to stop herself, the maid soon found she couldn’t. Peeking up at the child as she heard wolfish growls and snarls, the redhead shivered in fear as she watched her shredding the bloody piece of meat in front of her that she had been served for lunch today.

She had been eating the same dish for weeks now, and it didn’t look like she wanted anything else. Grinning as her lips twitched upward on their own, Eveline’s eyes were glowing red as she scraped her nails through the tendons in the meat, the muscles being sliced easily by her hands now as she learned how to use her nails… err, claws?

She didn’t know. But, she didn’t need utensils anymore, no one would give her any. In fact, some of the staff simply threw her food at her like she was some type of animal. But, she didn’t care either. All she cared about was stopping this hunger. It was driving her mad once more.

It seemed no matter how much she ate the pit in her stomach wouldn’t fill up. She needed something else, but she didn’t know what! Lifting the haunch of meat over her lips, Eveline sniffed it gingerly as the tantalizing smell wavered in her nostrils. Growling once more, she snapped at it viciously before ripping it apart till there was nothing even left.

Licking up her hands as she cleaned herself off, Eveline looked back at Caitriona as she saw her peeking looks back at her. “More… bring me more…” She muttered, a guttural growl in her tone as she felt the hunger gnawing at her insides.

Nodding her head, Caitriona moved to leave as she made her way across the massive mess the blonde had been living in. It was disgusting, to say the least, but, she requested it. The smell helped her sleep… It smelled like death…

Watching the woman walking towards her bedroom door, Eveline slowly turned her head as she watched her in curiosity. Caitriona had been her personal maid since she was a baby… So why was it now that she looked so, pretty? So… delicious…

Twitching as her hand slowly rose up, the white of Eveline’s eyes started to glow as well as her entire field of vision grew crimson. All she could see was red. Pausing mid-step, Caitriona furrowed her brow as she balanced on one foot.

Trying to put her foot down, the maid soon found, that she couldn’t. In fact, she was turning around. Finding herself face to face with Eveline, Caitriona shivered as she saw the demonic child staring back at her… eerily…

Sitting upright in her bed as her clawed hand outstretched towards her, half of the child’s face smiled at her while the other was seemingly sneering. What was going on? Pulling her finger upwards as she drew it towards her, Eveline’s eyes glowed brighter as she saw the sweating maid taking a shaky step towards her… and then another… and another after that…

She wasn’t walking of her own accord… Paling as she stood in front of Eveline, the auburn-haired woman gulped as she saw Eveline smiling savagely back at her. As she looked at Caitriona, all she could see, was glowing tendrils of sanguine light, all throughout her body. They were red, and they were like a beacon to her.  It, it was her blood…

Licking her lips, Eveline parted hers as she started to pant hungrily. She looked, delicious… and her smell, it was starting to drive her insane… Leaning her head down for her on her own, Caitriona’s eyes grew hazy as she felt herself slipping into a state of unconsciousness. What was happening to her?

As her eyes blackened completely, the redhead started to move robotically as she lifted her hands up towards her long flowing locks. Gathering them together, the maid moved them out of the way as she displayed her bare neck for the child.

Salivating as she saw the largest cluster of red in front of her eyes drool pooled from her mouth as she leaned down hungrily. Sniffing her skin as her nose made contact, the blonde couldn’t control herself as she shook with anticipation. She was yummy… she smelled so good… she needed a taste… NEEDED A BITE!

Opening her mouth as she bared her fangs, Eveline began to snarl as she moved her teeth towards the redhead’s jugular. ‘Just one bite… just a taste!’ She needed this! As her teeth made contact with the woman’s neck, she slowly began to bite down, before pausing as she felt her hands shaking uncontrollably.

As the red in her eyes slowly began to fade, Eveline blinked drowsily before pulling her mouth back, her saliva still connecting her to Caitriona as she stared down at her Maid in… in shock. What was she doing? Feeling the woman shivering on her lap, the blonde stared down at the redhead as she saw her slowly leaning back up.

As their eyes met, however, a pang of fear was present in both their eyes and her stoic maid of 6 years, was crying. Looking back at the little Vampire in terror, Caitriona whimpered as she felt her body slowly returning to normal. Falling backward's as she landed on her rear, the maid scampered away from her as she panted, what was she about to do to her?!

Lifting her hand towards her maid, Eveline opened her mouth to speak, but Caitriona didn’t wait. Seeing her hand moving towards her again, the redhead kicked off the ground in a fit before crawling to her feet. Running out of the room in a hurry, the redhead cried she tried to get out of the room.

She could feel it… feel the lite prick in her neck… Eveline, her Heiress… she tried to bite her. Crying harder as she leaned against the railing of the double-sided staircase, she soon couldn’t take it. Wailing loudly, she cried. She almost lost her life… to the person, she had been nurturing all her life. This thing was no longer the Eveline she knew… This thing... it wasn't her...

 

And something had to be done…

 

 

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

 

 

*"Word spreads fast in such a small estate as mine. With the few staff that remained, news of what I had done to my most loyal of keepers was out. And with that, the few remaining staff members left as well. No one wanted to be in the same dwelling, as a Monster.

I, I didn’t see much of Caitriona from then on. She showed up a couple times a week at most, and when she did it was only to push food towards me like everyone else did. I wasn’t being treated the way an upper-class woman should be. I was being treated… like a wild beast.

But, that was what I became in the end… and in the end, it became the final nail in the coffin for my father. To him…

 

The Eveline he knew was dead…"*

 

~

 

Looking at the covered window in silence, Eveline glowered as her arms gripped her stomach. The pain was unimaginable. The bloody meat she had been eating didn’t seem to work anymore. It was now beginning to taste like ash too. How could something so juicy and sweet taste… decrepit? She didn’t honestly know. And no one wanted to make her anything else. They didn’t have much of the kitchen staff still remaining. Maybe one, two? She didn’t know, nor care.

All she knew, was her life was turning to hell… and she didn’t understand why. Burying her face up to her eyes in her arms, the blonde clenched and unclenched her knuckles as they popped repeatedly. She could feel her bones popping whenever she moved. Was this healthy?

Looking back towards the window as she heard water pounding against the cobbled streets outside, the child sniffed the air as she smelled the faintest hints of rainfall amongst the other assortments of food and trash that had been piling up in her chambers.

Perhaps, she needed to get out. Staying inside like this couldn’t be healthy. And besides… she needed to find something else to eat soon. No one else would do it for her. Leaning up slowly as she heard her back cracking, Eveline yawned tiredly before stretching her body out.

Pulling the tattered blanket off her as pieces of the cloth fell away, the blonde glared at it before chucking it to the side. Landing on her feet as she crouched, the child rolled her neck before standing up, her eyes almost entirely red as she looked around.

She was getting fed up with only seeing the world like this. How could things have progressed like this? She was unconscious, then healthy, then… whatever this was. What was this illness? Hearing a thumping noise coming towards her door, Eveline's head rose as she shifted her gaze towards the broken doorframe.

Seconds later, someone came into view. Feeling her breath hitch, the blonde’s mouth opened up in surprise before her lips began to twitch into a smile. It was him… “Eveline, y-you’re awake… that’s, good.” Looking up at her father as he stood in front of the room, the child whimpered before nodding happily.

“H-Hi daddy…” Watching the man flinch from her words for some reason, Eveline disregarded it as she continued to stare at him before moving forward. Sweating as he saw his daughter approaching, Mr. Ventris gulped as he felt her hands wrap around his midsection.

Hugging him warmly, Eveline felt her lips trembling as she held onto him tightly. She had missed her dad so much. Why didn’t he visit her until now? She didn’t understand. Sniffling as she looked back up at him, the raven-haired man couldn’t look her in the eyes… her eerie, bloody eyes…

“Y-You’re mother and I have been discussing things recently Eveline… And, we think that perhaps it’s time for us to take you out more. Maybe towards the evening or early mornings, we know you don’t like the light that much. I-If you’re able to walk now, then… perhaps you just need to exercise yourself. H-How does that sound? Just us three…” He all but whispered.

Feeling her mouth open up, Eveline’s eyes lit up as she listened to the man's words. Just the three of them? No staff members tailing around? No maids having to play with her because they didn’t want to? Just her… and her parents?

Whimpering as tears welled up in her eyes, Eveline nodded happily before hugging her father harder, her face burying into his stomach as she cried. “Y-Y-Yes! T-That sounds like fun! P-Please, I want to go out with you and Mommy, just like we used to!” She sputtered softly.

Grunting in discomfort as his spine was clenched painfully, the raven-haired man, stared down at Eveline as he felt guilt wracking him. Why couldn’t she have just been asleep? Patting her head gently, the man nodded as he rubbed her greasy locks.

“It will be fun. We’ll go out starting tomorrow. We’ll do whatever you want. J-Just… just like… just like old times…” He whispered. Smiling in bliss, all happiness Eveline felt… suddenly left her… as she felt the first pain she had felt other than her stomach in months.

Crying out in agony as something stabbed into her back, Eveline looked up at her father in confusion before paling. Crying as he gripped her shoulder, the Ventris head looked away, unable to meet his own daughter's eyes… as he gripped his hunting knife tightly by the hilt… the hilt lodged into his own child's back.

Coughing as something splattered from out of her lips, Eveline began to cry as she saw blood in front of her, her blood…  “D-Dad, daddy?” Gritting his teeth, the man yanked his knife out in one swift motion before shoving Eveline off of him and into the ground.

“Damn it… damn it all…” Cursing under his breath as he tried to hold his composure, the raven haired man screamed before lunging towards the blonde. Looking up at the bloody knife falling down towards her, Eveline felt time seemingly slowing down as she gazed at it.

 

‘D-D-Daddy…?’ 

 

As her eyes turned fully red, her body moved on its own now. Stabbing his knife into the ground where his daughter had just been, the man paled as she vanished from sight. Hearing a growling panting off to the side, he looked towards the window frame as he saw her… no, it.

Cupping the back of her neck where she felt the wound she had received, the Vampire hissed angrily as she backed up. She hurt. It hurt. What was this pain? “D-Dad… daddy… DADDY!” Screaming as the room began to shake, tears streamed down Eveline's cheeks as she cried.

Flailing her head as she screamed, her eyes shot open instantly as her hand rose above her head. Looking up in confusion as he gripped her father's arm, the knife he held raised above her head, anger flared to life for the first time in her life.

Clenching his hand painfully tight, Eveline shrieked before snapping it. Crying out in agony as his arm broke in half, Mr. Ventris fell backward's as he saw Eveline glaring back at him. Panting in pain as blood continued to dribble past her lips, the child shook her head before cupping her arms.

 

“E-Eveline…”

 

Turning her back to her father, the blonde glared at her window before it suddenly exploded outward. Watching the startling display, Mr. Ventris looked towards his the little Vampire, but, she was already gone. Jumping out the broken window, Eveline smashed into the ground painfully before crawling to her feet.

She didn’t know what was going on anymore, but, something was telling her to flee. What was this feeling? Was it, fear? She didn’t understand it. As the rain stained her cheeks alongside her tears, Eveline grit her teeth before running. Hearing the cries of her father behind her, the Vampire didn’t look back.

Her father… her daddy… he tried to kill her… he lied to her… it hurt so much… Rubbing her eyes dry in futility as the rain continued to fall, the child simply fled. She didn’t know where she was going, but, she had to get away… get away from him…

 

Her daddy… no longer loved her…

 

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

 

 

Thrashing around as rain hit her drenched body, Eveline snarled as she looked through the crimson haze surrounding her eyes. All she could see was red. And it was driving her mad. As she turned the corner on the dimly lit street, a building came into view.

Hissing, Eveline took off. Running towards the first lit house she had seen at this hour, the child tore past the area as she entered the yard. However… As her foot made contact with the building, something suddenly happened.

Freezing up, the blonde's eyes widened before she started to convulse. Coughing as blood began to spatter from her mouth, the child shrieked in sheer agony. What was this pain! Crying as blood dripped past her eyes, the vampire thrashed in trauma before falling backward.

Panting as she fell back onto the street, Eveline whimpered and cried as she looked at her foot. Smoke was coming out of it… and it was burning. What just happened?! Sputtering as she stared blankly at the burning ground in front of her, the door to the building soon opened up.

Stepping onto the porch, a trenchcoat-clad man furrowed his brow as he looked around before his vision shifted over to Eveline, all blood draining from his face once he saw her... or more, her glowing red eyes. Reaching her hand out towards the man pleadingly, he soon started to scream.

Feeling her stomach drop, Eveline’s eyes widened as she saw him grabbing something from inside his home. Extending her hand, Eveline cried as she tried to get his attention. “P-P-Please-“ Stiffening as something shot past her head, her jaw started to tremble as more tears began to slide down her cheeks.

Looking behind her at the arrow ledged into the ground, the little Vampire shivered before clenching her eyes. Crying out loudly, she kicked off the ground before crawling away, her pain forgotten as she tried to flee. She wasn’t welcomed here… and she was seen for what she was…

 

She was just... a Monster…

 

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

 

 

~ 3 weeks later ~

 

 

*sniff, sniff…*

 

 

‘Food…’

 

Coming into a clearing a few miles off of Coleraine, the sun was beginning to rise as daybreak broke out over the horizon. As birds began chirping along with different animals awakening, the fields became alive as their day began.

However, all noise suddenly disappeared, all noise except, for a soft… guttural, growl. Raising its head from the patch of grass it was hiding in, a small rabbit looked around before peering off towards the treeline as a pair of red, glowing eyes stared back at it.

Kicking off the ground as it tried to run it was already too late. Snapping the tree behind her in half as she kicked off it, Eveline’s glowing eyes filled her field of vision in red as she saw her food running away from her. But, it wouldn’t get away.

Crashing into the small mammal, the blonde rolled on the ground as she struggled with it before snarling savagely. Sinking her fangs into the kicking creature, she fought for a few more seconds before drinking what she could.

Feeling the last of what she wanted wringing out of the creature, Eveline screamed angrily before tossing what remained away. She was still hungry! Why did it taste like ash?! SHE WANTED BLOOD! Turning around viciously as she looked for something else to drain, the child continued to cough and sputter as growls and vicious noises left her mouth.

Where was all the food… why did it always run? It would never escape her. Jumping as she began to chase anything that moved, her claws dug into the ground for traction as she scraped her way through the field to hunt. She could never stop… never stop hunting… Not until her hunger was sated…

As she ran, however, something soon entered her nostrils… something, tantalizing. Skidding to a stop as she sniffed the air deeply, the little Vampire snarled once more before taking off in a hurry. Some food was nearby. It smelled good…

 

She wanted a bite!

 

 

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

 

 

Folding up her bedroll, as she dowsed the small fire she had been using the night before, a blonde woman garbed in a small yellow dress hummed softly as she tidied up the small section of land she had used for rest the night prior. Rolling the bedroll up and pushing it down to a better size, she nodded before pushing it inside a small burlap sack.

Tossing the portable bed over her back, she quickly got to work cleaning up her area. She didn’t like leaving anything behind. Who knows what might be attracted to her if she didn’t… speaking of…

Narrowing her eyes as she gently kicked the ashes apart, the blonde closed her eyes as she heard an ominous growl rumbling behind her. Turning her head, the woman expected to see some kind of savage beast… but instead, it was simply, a ratty, lone, little girl. She wore a tattered and stripped white dress that had seen better days. Blood and dirt smeared her body in various places as well. Such a strange sight to see, all the way out here…

Panting as her hands extended to her sides, the child continued to growl as she bared her fangs, her eyes like a beacon giving away that she was more then she appeared to be. Taking a few shaky steps towards the woman, Eveline licked her lips as she saw her food in front of her.

She smelled better than the animals she had been forced to feed on for so long. She smelled like real food. And her stomach was screaming at her. She had finally found a meal worthwhile. Showing little to no fear as she stared the child down, the woman sighed before shaking her head.

“A Vampire in the middle of the woods, and during the day no less? What kind of a country have I come to…” She mumbled more to herself than to her new acquaintance. Hearing none of the words the stranger spoke as her body screamed at her, Eveline began to stalk forward as she flexed her claws towards her.

 

 

Just a bite…

 

All she needed…

 

Was just...

 

One...

 

Bite!

 

Kicking off the ground, the little Vampiress screamed in rage as she aimed to take the woman down to the raven-haired. However, she didn’t make it more than ten feet in front of her before something slammed into the side of her head.

Flying through the air and into the tree’s to the far side of them, the woman scowled at where the Vampire had been sent before she shook her head. “Leave her alone… don’t get involved…” Nodding to herself as she tried to heed her own words, the blonde went back to what she was doing before growling herself.

Pivoting around as she extended her hand, Eveline’s neck soon ended up in her grasp as she caught the Vampire midair. “Do you have no sense of self-preservation? Begone!” Tossing the child’s away from her, Eveline flew a few meters away before slamming into the ground.. but her guttural growls only grew, along with her anger and hunger.

Kicking off the ground as she stood back up, the younger girl panted in pain as she felt her vision growing blurry. ‘F-Food… M-My, food!’ Screaming as she took off towards the woman once again, the stranger had finally reached her limit. Twirling around as multiple furry tendrils shot out from under her dress, the little Vampire snarled in surprise as she was suddenly restrained, each of the furry tail like appendages restricting a different part of her body.

Feeling the one around her neck tightening as it began to cut off her circulation, Eveline started to wheeze as she gasped for air. Looking at the Vampire with disdain, the woman soon scowled as she saw something off about her that she hadn’t noticed before.

Watching her eyes as the red began to flicker in and out, the blonde quietly sighed. “If all you wanted was energy then you should have simply asked. Honestly, what kind of loathsome Hominal attacks another out of the blue. This place is strange…” She mumbled once more before bringing the furry tails restricting the nearly unconscious Vampire towards her.

Looking the child over as she observed her appearance, the woman’s frown soon softened before she sighed with regret. “Just what are you doing out in the middle of nowhere? Can’t answer me… can you? Can you even hear my words in there?” She whispered.

Glaring back at the woman as she flexed her fingers, still trying to claw her way towards the stranger, Eveline hissed at her. shaking her head, the woman frowned once more before pulling the child in front of her face. “Perhaps you’d be more willing to talk, after this…”

Feeling the back of her head gripped by her hand, Eveline snarled once more before stiffening. Looking back at the woman in surprise, something that even shocked her feral self, Eveline’s mind couldn’t comprehend what was going on. Why was she kissing her!

Forcing her lips on the younger girl., the blonde woman’s eyes soon began to glow a faint blue as she forced something up from the pit of her stomach. Wincing as she felt her tongue being bitten repeatedly now as the startled girl was brought back to reality, the woman ignored her discomfort as she began to force it into her.

Feeling something other than the woman’s tongue filling the inside of her mouth, Eveline’s eyes widened further. ‘F-F-Food…?’ Something… something was entering her mouth. She could taste it. It tasted good. It was good!

Moaning happily as she finally tasted something other than the ashy bitterness she had been enduring for so long, Eveline squealed as she tried to drink it all. Smirking as she watched the feral girl quickly taking to her kindness, the woman closed her eyes as she continued to feed her.

‘Just how long have you gone without your Energy?’ She was giving her a lot of her own… and it didn’t even feel like she was beginning to feel full yet. Just who was this Vampire? Feeling the spasming twitchy limbs of the child she was restraining slowly fall limp, the woman gently loosed her hold on the girl as she extended her arms.

Falling into the stranger as she continued to kiss her, Eveline’s eyes began to fade back to crimson as her vision grew clouded. She felt, wonderful… As minutes ticked by, the blonde counted in her mind before pulling her lips away from the girl’s to break their kiss.

Panting softly as she felt her Energy almost completely depleted the blonde let out a weary sigh. “There, there… Now, how do you feel little one?” Looking back down at the Vampire, the woman couldn’t help but smile. Sleeping in her arms, Eveline breathed deeply as she laid unconscious, her stomach having finally been fed… and her gnawing hunger finally having been sated.

“Sleep little kit. Rest, and recover.” Wondering whether she should simply leave the stray girl here or take her with her for questioning, the blonde inevitably chose the ladder. She had just invested a lot of her Energy into a child. She didn’t want some other Hominal or Beastial to simply walk up to her while she was sleeping and try to take it for themselves.

No, she’d be coming with her for now. At least, until she woke up. Moving her tail around the passed out child, the blonde gently twirled in a circle before cocooning her completely in the fluffy appendages.  Tugging her pack up a little higher on her shoulder, she nodded before making her way to the trees.

She wouldn’t be able to take the roads with one of her tails sticking out. But, she was fine with that. She didn’t like taking them anyways. As she entered the dense forest the Vampire had come from, the blonde looked over her shoulder as she looked back at the sleeping girl.

Squeezing the child gently, she felt her lips twist into a smile before she began to trek forward.  Perhaps her random act of kindness would reward her in the end. She could always use a traveling companion. It didn’t look like the younger girl had much to go back to...

 

As was the fate, of all of their kind…

 

 

 

To be continued.

 

Chapter End Notes:

 

I like how he found a way to incorperate Najia into Eve's backstory. Originally I planned for her to have her own chapters dedicated to this but after we went over the course of actions I have to agree, I love whats going down now here. Its like a taste of a meal but not fully there. xD

Please tell me all what you think to. I might not be writing currently but I still love reading your thoughts on how the storys pogressing. I'll see you all soon. For now, I have things I still need to attend to...

>.>

 

Buh bye! :P