- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

"Sighs"

 

Tired ~_~

 

Welcome back people, I'm glad to be back here now to. I wanted to post this last week but I just couldn't find the time, especially since I was not the only one working on it. This chapter, is heavily influinced by Franchise Writer, so please give him a nod as I have. He made this chapter, probably the best one I've ever written.

I had so much fun with it, and we spent hours going back and forth on certain scenes, it just made me laugh so much. XD

I hope you all get to enjoy it as much as we did to write it so please tell me how you feel afterward. I always use Reviews to tell how my story is going and when I don't get very many it makes me think people don't appreciate the chapter or I'm doing something wrong.

I know this isn't the case but its still hard to deal with when I put so much effort into my work. Hopefully I get some decent reviews, I really do want to know what you all think or what you hope to see or even what I should try to change. All input is welcomed.

 

But, speech aside, please enjoy this chapter. I know I did. :3

 

 

 

Walking in relative silence, both Eve and Abby were mute as dark blushes dusted their cheeks individually. Brook had made their departure a lot more awkward than it needed to be…

Resting her chin on top of her arms as she held her knee's against her, the teenager sighed quietly before glancing to the little vampire. After vanishing from the Mermaids caverns, the blonde had taken them back to the Commons, she figured, before walking in a general direction. She wasn't sure where they were headed at the moment though.

‘Well… Anything to break this silence might be good.’ Opening her mouth to speak, Abby was swiftly silenced once more as the child's lips parted before her own. "We're going back to Kari's infirmary. That is where you need to be after all." She muttered quietly before shifting her crimson eyes towards the startled human.

"Y-You're still in my head… aren't you?" Nodding solemnly, Eve closed her eyes but continued to walk none the less. "As long as I have your blood inside me, the bond we formed will be in place. Our minds are linked, our bodies as well. If you need to tell me something, or I you…" ‘Then just think it to me, and we can commune this way if need be.'

Jumping in surprise, Abby shivered as she heard the blonde's voice in her head. So it was true. She had thought she heard her voice in her mind once before, no, more than once. It had been Eve all along. Pushing her legs away from her so she could sit up, Abby looked to the Vampire before scowling.

"S-So, you warmed me that Ebon was coming when she did, right?" Nodding once again, the blonde was silent as her eyes opened back up. "I saw her rushing past here in a hurry. She looked angry… very angry. I needed to make sure your, protectors, knew about it before it was too late. But… I failed in that regard…" She whispered bitterly.

Clenching her fists angrily, Abby scowled at the younger girl before shaking her head. "If you knew she was headed to Kari's cave why didn't you just head there yourself? You're faster than she is, much faster. I didn't even blink and we left Brook's cave in a second!" She snapped.

Glaring back down at Abby, the Vampire huffed as she quickened her pace. "I gave you a way to contact me, Abby. You needed to call me or else I couldn't come. Don't put this blame on me for your ineptitude!" She sneered.

Standing up now, the brunette growled as both girls scowled back at one another. "You could have-" "I couldn't do a thing, you insolent girl!" Eve snapped startling Abby thoroughly. This is the first time the blonde had used that tone with her… she didn't like it…

Fuming silently, Eve closed her eyes before taking a deep breath to calm herself. "Abby… I can't just go into someone else's domain unless I'm invited. That's how Vampires work. I couldn't come and save you until I was called…" She whispered sadly.

Blinking in surprise, the teenager frowned as she tried to process that bit of information. "V-Vampires can't just go wherever they want? They need to be… invited or something?" Nodding begrudgingly, Eve sighed before coming to a standstill.

"My race is one of fickle creatures. We have powers unworldly, and abilities other Hominal and even humans could only wish they possessed. But, for such powers, we must have drawbacks as well. There are certain things that affect us so, the main one being any and all things holy. We can't encroach on sacred ground." She muttered sadly before shaking her head.

Frowning, the shrunken girl nodded as she thought about it. It made sense in a way. Vampires were supposedly undead creatures. Churches had been a safe haven against all manner of beings undead for centuries. Ghouls, Geist, Spirits… and, Vampires did fall under such a category, didn't they?

"I-I can understand the concept… but, what does Kari's domain have to do with religion? She's a Witch, why would her cave be holy ground?" That didn't make sense to her. Sighing, the regal blonde shook her head before gazing back down at her smaller passenger.

"I wouldn't expect you to make the connection; I for one didn't either until I was forced to face the painful repercussions…" She whispered bitterly before shivering. "A person's personal space is theirs. It's the place they can go to calm down, to relax, and to recuperate. It's their shelter, their safe haven… their holy place. To each their own, their homes, rooms, establishments, any form of structure they find peace in… is their sacred ground. It's holy to them, and so, we Vampire cannot enter it without first being welcomed. I cannot go into Kari's caverns as much as I could Casey's or even Nya's. It's the rules that we, the forsaken ones of life, must abide by." She finished quietly before sighing.

Mulling over the long explanation of the rules of undeath, Abby was solemn now. That was something she was completely unaware of. ‘P-People's homes were sacred?' It was an odd thought. She thought only things like Churches could be sacred, but the way Eve perceived it made her think otherwise.

Mulling over the younger girls words, Abby's eyes widened before she looked to Eve for clarity. "S-So, if that's true then how come you could enter Brook's cave without her inviting you? Shouldn't you have been stopped or something like you said?"

Smiling coyly now, Eve chuckled mirthfully before moving her free hand over Abby's head as she gently tapped her. "The relationship me and Brook share is a strong one. I've known her since she first came to live with us, and she has made it more than clear that I am always welcome in her chambers, no matter where they might be. The rules can be bent, but you need to know how far they can go before they break." She smirked.

Pouting as she was petted, Abby nodded before they continued their walk. This was insightful, and it shed some interesting light onto Eve's species. Though, it brought up a couple new ones as well. Glancing back up at the blonde, the smaller girl soon thought about her question before receiving the reaction she expected.

Pausing mid-step, Eve's eyes narrowed as she directed her attention back to Abby now. "You said you died once… was it because you didn't follow these rules or something?" Breathing deeply, the blonde was silent now as her crimson eyes locked with the shrunken girls teal ones.

"I'll tell you about my death… another time. We need to get back to the others now. There will be a lot of questions asked… and I don't care to repeat myself. It's tiresome…" She muttered indifferently. She didn't even try to dodge her question… she simply rejected it.

 

Continuing down the dark corridors, Abby was sullen now as she sat in silence. She wanted to know more about Eve… but, it didn't seem like she was ready to open up to her…

 

She'd just have to be patient… and maybe have faith in her like she should have to begin with…

 

 

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

 

 

Coming to a long corridor with light shining down faintly from the ceiling, both girls stared upwards at the fluorescent fungi that littered the cave. They were most certainly back in Kari's domain now. Stepping towards a large archway, Eve paused before looking at the entrance way.

"Abby… May I enter this dwelling?" Blinking, the teen paused as well before looking up at her guardian confused. "W-Why are you asking me that?" Smirking, Eve chuckled amusedly before shaking her head. "This cave is your home now Abby. You were brought here, nurtured back to health. You rest in these very walls and have been given shelter by their owner. They are as much yours as they are hers. So I ask again… May I Enter freely of your own will?"

Mulling over the child's words, Abby nodded quietly. She didn't think about it that way. There really was a lot of ways Eve could get around her little problem. ‘I-I guess that's how you came in the first time… When I called you, right?' Watching a smirk grace the younger girl's lips, the brunette nodded.

Taking a step forward past the archway, Eve's eyes darted back and forth before she smiled coyly. "If only it were this easy all the time. Oh well…" Walking into the caverns, Abby drank in their visage before smiling. They were just as beautiful as she remembered… though; the room wasn't exactly the same as before.

The large workstation Kari had made was broken in half. Splinters and glass were scattered around, and rocks were broken from the walls. It looked like a war zone in here, not a place to treat people… ‘It was one though…'

Lowering her eyes in sadness, a feeling of warmth surrounded the teen causing a smile to form on her lips. Gently stroking Abby's back, Eve was solemn as well as she saw the upheaval that was caused the last time she was here.

She had hoped the little Witch would have tidied her manor better, but, she no doubt had other matters to contend with. Walking towards the middle of the room where the tunnels around it separated, Eve's crimson eyes scanned each of them.

"Kari, I've returned. Abby's safe, and she's with me now. Come!" Whispering her words, the Vampiress closed her eyes before raising her hand in the air. Watching in confusion as the younger girl stiffened, the brunette's eyes widened now as the wind around them picked up before flying in a gust away from her.

Snapping her eyes open, Eve's hand thrust forward before the wind shot down each of the corridors before all was silent once again. Looking up at the blonde confused, Abby was about to ask what that had all been about before hearing a pattering noise coming from the tunnel to the right of them.

Running into the main chamber that made up her cave, Kari was wide-eyed and breathless as she panted softly. "ABBY!" Looking to the dirty blonde as she ran over to her, the little brunette smiled before crying out in surprise as she was grabbed right off of the Vampire's hand.

Clenching the shrunken teen in both hands, tears streamed down the little Witch's cheeks as she looked down at the smaller girl in disbelief. Scanning her from head to toe, and eventually resting on her new legs, Kari whimpered louder before hugging the startled girl into her chest.

"A-Abby… I was so worried!" She hissed, her breath raspy and dry as she tried to control herself. She had been so scared! Blushing heavily from the franticness of the toddler, a sad smile fell over the brunette before she hugged the younger girl back.

"It's fine Kari, I'm fine. See?" Sniffling as she watched the shrunken human flexing her pale leg, Kari whimpered louder before shaking her head. "I-It's not fine! Y-You almost died… I-I-I'm so s-sorry…" She sputtered before crying even harder.

"No, it isn't fine… but you can't change the past, or, the decisions leading up to such a point. Stop dwelling on such things, Kari. It will benefit you not." Stiffening as she felt a hand resting on her shoulder, the little Witch looked up before paling.

Gulping, the younger girl shivered in fear as she looked up at Eve in terror. "E-E-Eveline…" Ignoring the reaction she had come to accept from some of the other residents of their caverns, Eve sighed before looking down at Abby.

"Her legs have been healed as I promised. She's fine now, so don't whine. It's pointless." She muttered quietly before crossing her arms. Shuddering, Kari looked down before nodding slowly. Her legs did look healed. There weren't any scars or anything!

"H-How…. How did you do it?" This was amazing! Tucking a lock of her blonde hair behind her ear, a fidget of sorts she found herself doing with her bangs, the older girl smirked slyly. "It wasn't anything I did, the power to repair tissue decay isn't something I could have done. You have Brook to thank for that." She muttered reverently.

Looking up at the older Hominal with wide eyes, Kari nodded quickly. "S-She can do that?! B-But, how does she know how to do that! What else can she do! C-Can she heal Najia like she did Abby!" Sighing from the franticness in the younger girl's voice, Eve grew silent before directing her attention towards the brunette.

"Regretfully no. If she could have, I would have brought her to her the moment she returned home. Brook can heal burns quite easily because of her natural affinity towards water. A knife, sword, or spear wound, however, would be more in my domain. But, even with that, she took far too many hits… and amongst other toxicities in her blood…" Eve spat darkly.

Gasping in surprise, Kari shivered before shaking her head. "H-H-How do you know about her b-blood poisoning?" She stuttered out in shock. Only she and Abby knew about it! Crossing her arms, the little Vampire sighed once more, this time out of irritation before shaking her head.

"I'll keep that to myself… But we're getting off topic. Abby is the one we should be focusing on, not Najia." She berated. Blinking slowly, Kari jumped before looking back down at the teenager, the brunette sitting in amusement as she watched both girls interacting. This had been the first time she had ever seen their personalities mix. It seemed Kari's frantic curiosity was as strong as ever… even if she did seem afraid of the vampire.

Stepping past the little blonde as she observed the destroyed caverns, Eve was silent for but a moment as her eyes scanned the wreckage. "You'll need to gather more materials now, won't you? Ebon destroyed a lot of your medicinal supplies when she came through here. This can be rectified but we'll need to-"

Pausing mid-word, Eve's eyes hardened before she stepped to the side… right as a shadow shot out of the ground aiming to impale her. Turning their heads, both Kari and Eve looked down the tunnel the Witch had come from as they saw a lone figure limping forward.

"F-Fuck off, you bitch. A-And leave Abby alone!" Moving to the edge of Kari's fingers, Abby stared forward as her eyes lit up. "Casey?!" Was she alright?! Staggering forward slowly, the redhead came into view as she cradled her bandaged arm, a sling hanging over her shoulder as kept it in place. She looked horrible! Her dress was torn up, her eye was swollen, and she looked just plain battered!

Looking over towards the shrunken girl and her friend, the Dullahan smiled weakly to them before glaring at the Vampire across from them. "W-We don't need you here, get out!" She barked angrily as she made her way closer to them.

Locking her fingers behind her back as she ignored the foul language directed at her, Eve smiled quietly as she stood in place. "No, I don't think I will. I'm right where I need to be. Though, you look to be on the verge of passing out. Shouldn't you be resting or something? What do you think good doctor?" The blonde chided before looking over to Kari.

Fidgeting, the little Witch licked her lips before looking at both girls. "S-She's right Casey, you shouldn't be up and about just yet! You took a really hard-"Shut up!" Eeping, Kari pursed her lips silencing herself as she shrunk away.

Stepping between both of the blondes, Casey growled audibly as her shadow rose up around her. "I'd be damned If I let ya take Abby again. It ain't happening! She ain't yer food or yer property!" She snarled. Chuckling softly, a dark smile spread across Eve's lips as she matched the older girls glare with her own.  "To be perfectly honest, you couldn't stop me even if you wanted to." Stiffening, Casey trembled in anger as she felt the confidence behind the little Vampire's words. It was pissing her off…

"If I so wished it, I could take Abby right out of Kari's hands, whisk her away to my chambers, and do anything I pleased with her. And not you or your friend could hope to do anything to stop me." She chirped jauntily.

Grinning viciously as she saw the redhead's shadow spasming around her, Eve continued. "You can play the guardian, or as I see it, the lovelorn Dullahan… but you're all bark and no bite. I, however… can back up my words with my actions... So don't piss me off, kid." She snapped, her cheerful demeanor dropping instantly startling all present by the instant change in her tone.

"You are the sole reason Abby was put in harm's way. If not for you, I wouldn't have had to intervene to save her…" Eve muttered darkly as she glared back at the Dullahan with animosity in her eyes. Gawking, Casey snarled as her shadow hardened into points before all facing towards the direction of the Vampire in unison.

"THE HELL IT WAS! YOU FUCKING TOOK HER FROM ME YOU BITCH! YER THE DAMNED CUNT WHO STOLE HER!" Matching her glare, Eve crossed her arms before shaking her head. "I had my familiars escort our dear guest to me so we could have a little chat. After which I escorted her back here personally, where she met with Kari and everything worked out how it should have. You, however… went on a bloody rampage and walked straight into Ebon's den. You of all people should know that her sense of smell is the strongest out of all of us Hominal. If you weren't too busy molesting the poor girl then maybe her scent wouldn't have been imprinted onto you… but, no. It's your fault these calamities have befallen you and in turn your friend. Not mine. It's your fault that this trauma was struck to my precious Abby." She snapped, her tone hard and accusatory. She wasn't about to take the blame for the headless girl's asinine actions.

"YOU'RE ABBY?! SHE AIN'T YOURS YOU BITCH!" Casey shrieked as her shadow shot forward. Turning a few inches to the side as she sidestepped each of the metallic spears of blackened mass, the Vampiress couldn't help but smile now. That was what she got from her explanation? How childish…

"Did I stutter? No, I don't believe I did. She's mine Casey, not yours. Finders keepers~." She cooed. Blushing heavily as the argument shifted towards her now, Abby shivered as she saw Casey foaming at the mouth. This wasn't going to end well… How did it even become about her?!

Pulling her shadow back as it reformed, the redhead reached into it before it hardened again, this time taking the form of a large black sickle. When did she learn how to do that?! Pointing the scythe towards the blonde, Casey growled loudly as she flipped her makeshift weapon over.

"She ain't someone's property! Ya can't have her!" Casey shrieked before lunging forward. Grinning widely, Eve's hand rose up as she chose not to move at all. Clenching the hardened blade of blackness as it landed right on her, the younger girl chuckled before shaking her head.

"Don't lie to yourself. You're as open to me as a page from a children's novel… You're just jealous.... You couldn't tell our resident human that you liked her as I have. And now, you're mad that she's spent her time with me… and not you." She laughed before yanking the shadow forward taking Casey with it. Coming face to face with one another as a bright shade of red overtook Casey's face, Eve's grin broadened as she moved her finger in front of the older girls forehead.

"Admit it… you want her to… but you just, couldn't, say it!" Giving the redhead a flick, Casey screamed angrily before lashing out, her shadow slashing towards the blonde but she just couldn't hit her! Dancing around in a cheerful way, Eve laughed jovially as she fluttered backward with the wind right as all the spears of black stabbed into the ground where she had been prior.

"YOU CAN'T HAVE HER! I WON'T LET YA TAKE HER!" Sighing as she turned her head to avoid another stab at her, Eve shrugged her shoulders before walking forward once again. "It's better to let someone think you're moronic rather than open your mouth and prove it to them… I already told you… she's mine! And nothing you say can change it." She chirped before walking right past the enraged redhead.

Shivering as she shook in anger, Casey's eyes hardened before she looked over her shoulder towards the retreating girl. "And what would she want with a wee Lil munchkin cold-blood such as yerself!" Pausing mid-step, Eve's brow twitched before she turned her head back. "I'm sorry, did you say something?  Forgive me; I'm not one to lose my head… because if that was your attempt to provoke me, you're even more foolish then I was lead to believe." She chided quietly.

Smirking darkly, Casey's shadow fell as she turned to meet Eve head on now. She wasn't going to win a fight… but she'd be damned not to lose an argument! "Ya heard me ya pint-sized stiff! Abby ain't the type of girl to go rompin with tots, let alone ah corpse! She wouldn't even give ya the time of day if ya hadn't nabbed her from me!"

Stepping in front of Casey, the redhead being about a foot taller than her in comparison, Eve was silent now as she sized her up. "And you suppose a ragdoll like yourself is better suited for her affections? How naive. A hand-me-down is still a hand-me-down, even if you dress it up in those atrocious linens you call clothes." She scoffed.

Crossing her arms, Casey smirked as she pushed her chest forward. "Keep yer eyes up here. I know ya don't have a pair of these yet but it's rude to stare. Don't worry, I'm sure ya'll get some eventually… oh, wait, no, ya won't…" She grinned viciously.

Clenching her fists at her sides, Eve took a deep breath as she tried to calm herself. That had been a low blow, one she hated to think about. "I'll stick with mine if the alternative is whatever you call those... But My Abby doesn't care about such things. She likes class, I've noticed how she hangs onto my every word~. You, on the other hand, couldn't keep her stimulated even if she were intoxicated. You have about as much sophistication, as a lesser Beastial…" She goaded.

Sneering, Casey lowered her head before a cruel smile fell over her lips. "Yer talkin with blanks, ya ain't going to get any better now than ya ever were. I guess some beings don't age as well as others. Abby doesn't want to look after ya or kiss yer boo-boo's and tuck ya in at night. She's a big girl, unlike yerself."

Feeling the wind around her pick up as it began to lash out, Casey grinned. She was hoping for a reaction like this. Grinding her teeth as her fangs dug into her gums, Eve glared up at the older girl before smiling darkly. She wasn't going to be baited like this.

"It's kind of sad watching you attempt to fit your entire vocabulary into a single sentence, fufufu~. You're immature-" "And yer a toddler." "You're foul-mouthed-" "And you're a walking verbose. Bor-ing~" "L-Loud and brash-" "Snotty and uptight!" "RUDE AND DISGUSTING!" "DEAD AND DECAYING!"

 

"YOU, ARE THE MOST INFURIATING BEING I HAVE EVER ENCOUNTERED!"

"AND YOU, ARE THE MOST ANAL BLOOD SUCKER I'VE EVER SEEN!"

"BRAINLESS HICK!"

"UPPERCLASS BITCH!"

"LIVING DETRITUS!"

"ROTTIN CUNT!"

"YOU'RE A REPULSIVE, USELESS, ABHORRENT CHILD!"

"REPULSIVE?! REMIND ME, WHICH ONE OF US IS THE WALKING CADAVER!"

 

Coughing in pain, Casey let out a throaty pule as her face was clenched between the blonde's fingers. Raising her foot upwards, Eve slammed the sole of her heel into the redheads gut launching her body away and into the far wall embedding it in. Fuming hysterically, Eve's eyes glowed a bloody red as she snarled in rage.

Clenching her fingers tighter around the crying girls face, the Vampiress hissed as she bared her fangs. She was pissed! She wanted to snap this piece of trash in half! She wanted to shred her to pieces! She wanted to crack her skull like glass in her hand-

 

"EVE!"

 

Feeling her breath hitch, the glow behind the vampire's eyes began to fade as she heard the angry cry behind her. Keeping her fingers clenched around the grunting redheads head, the blonde looked over her shoulder she saw Kari cowering on the floor in sheer terror.

Standing up angrily on her palm, however, Abby was blushing furiously, and glaring up at her. "PUT CASEY DOWN THIS INSTANT!" Silence permitted the room now as both girls stared at one another. Fuming in silent hatred, Eve's hardened eyes eventually gave way before she closed them.

Letting her fingers loosen, the younger girl dropped the Dullahan's head on the ground before turning away. "A-A-As you wish… Abby." She had lost it… her composure. She had been baited. Crawling off the wall in pain, Casey panted on the ground as blood dribbled past her lips.

Staggering over towards her head, her body fell a few times before eventually getting to it. "Y-Y-Ya call me brash, but yer insane! I won't let ya take her… s-she's not yers!" Casey spat as she cradled her head painfully.

"CASEY, KNOCK IT OFF!" Blinking slowly, the redhead guided her blurry vision upwards before looking over at Abby and Kari. "W-What…?" "Knock it off! Stop harassing Eve!" Gawking, the younger girl was about to speak again before Abby butted in.

"THAT'S ENOUGH!"

Falling mute, the whole room went silent as all eyes turned to the shrunken human as she glared at both girls equally. "Stop acting like little children! This is neither the time nor the place! Don't pick a fight with Eve Casey, she isn't using me as food, or abducting me! And Eve, cut it out! You can't just swing at someone because you're angry! Don't antagonize Casey back just because she does it to you!"

Lowering their heads, both the blonde and redhead shifted their gaze as they were berated. It didn't feel good to be called out by a human of only three inches in stature. Looking back and forth at each of them as they said nothing, the brunette nodded before crossing her arms.

"Look, I don't care if you girls have some kind of a feud going on, but right now, this is not the time or place for such petty squabbles! Have you forgotten why I'm even here?" She snapped causing all eyes to widen, if only slightly for some.

Turning towards the unconscious Kitsune in the room, their anger, both silent and nonverbal died off. She was right after all. Gently clutching the Witch's finger as Kari continued to whimper, Abby looked away from Najia as she shifted her vision over to the blonde Vampire to the side of her.

"Eve, It's time you start explaining yourself. There are some things that need to be addressed… and now's as good a time as any." She had questions. They had questions. Until one side gave, none of these girls would be able to cooperate. She needed to be the voice of reason… even if it wasn't her place to get involved in the first place…

Crossing her arms, the regal blonde nodded as her eyes shifted away from the Human. She couldn't meet them after her sudden outburst and reaction… it was humiliating, to say the least. "You're right… it's not. So let's get on with this then… Regardless of our, prior, introductions… we've all gathered here for a reason. Said reason, is currently lying behind us recuperating. Until Najia can fully recover, we must look after ourselves… we must do it together, especially now that one of our own has forsaken us…" Eve muttered darkly earning a look of confusion from the rest of them.

"The hell does that mean? Are you still trying to pick a fight?!" Casey snapped earning a scowl from Abby in turn. Sighing, the younger girl cupped her brow before gently shaking her head. "Be silent, I don't like wasting words on those whom can't understand them the first time. It might be hard for you to use that brain of yours since it isn't attached to your body, but you must at least know who I mean…" Eve snapped.

Furrowing her brow, both Casey and Kari looked towards one another before Abby intervened. "Ebon, right?" Nodding, Eve smiled silently as she finally met the teenagers teal eyes with her own. "What the crap does that have to do anything? For all, I care that scaly bitch can slink off to whatever hole she crawled out of after she tried to fry Abby!" The Dullahan barked.

Looking towards the older girl in understanding, Eve and Kari both nodded as well, but the little Vampire sighed none the less. "I can agree to that, but none the less we are currently divided. And now, we're in trouble. We needed Ebon whether you realize it or not."

Gawking, Casey was about to dispute such a notion before Kari spoke up for the first time drawing all eyes towards her. "S-She's been hunting for us… Every day she goes out and brings us back food to stall our Energy from running out. B-But, she's not going to help us now because of what happened… is she?" The little Witch whispered earning another nod from Eve in return.

"Correct. Suffice it to say that after our last meeting, Ebon has turned her back on us. She even said so herself. She'll no doubt leave us alone, for now. But time is the enemy in the end. Both for us, and for Abby." Looking to all the girls present as she felt her words sinking in Eve continued now that she had their undivided attention.

"We cannot replenish our Energy, well, most of us. But certainly not all of us. Each of us and all our friends or acquaintances here in these caverns have a limited supply of essence still within them. Without food to prolong the drain we all feel they won't last very long. Need I say what happens once we run out…" Eve warned earning a scowl from Casey and a whimper from Kari.

"W-What happens… D-Do you just, die…?" Looking to Abby now, Eve shook her head gently before closing her eyes. "Some Hominal do, but otherwise no. It's rare to simply fade without essence but none the less all of our kind, both Hominal, and Beastial need it. If we keep it in check, we can live normal lives and go on our merry way. If we run out, however…" She paused as her eyes took on a darker turn.

"We'll become Feral." Shivering, the brunette looked to each of the girls in confusion, but, they all looked troubled by the statement. "W-What do you mean? Aren't Beastials feral? Do you… become, beastial or something?" She didn't understand.

Sighing, Casey moved her head up towards her neck before her shadow started coiling around her to hold it in place. "No, don't be daft. We can't change species ya eejit. What the bloodsucker means is we lose our damned minds." She muttered begrudgingly earning a look of surprise in return.

"W-W-When one of us, one of our species I mean, don't get essence… we become fixated on getting it. The hunger… I-I-It hurts so much… W-We can't think of anything else but having it… and we'll do just about anything to get it… E-E-Even h-hurt people…" Kari whimpered, her eyes watering as she thought about the horrific outcome.

Staring up at the dirty blonde in shock, Abby was speechless now. This was a thing?! ‘Indeed…' Blinking slowly, the teen looked back to the Vampire as the blonde stared down at her sullenly. "Feral's as you call them are usually Beastials who haven't eaten in a while. This is what causes most humans to assume all of our kind is mindless, savage, Monsters. But, it's simply what we turn into without the aid of Humans, to begin with. It's a vicious cycle… but a burden we are born with none the less. Or, made to take…" Eve spat before shaking her head.

Silence passed over the room now as the implications of their situation became revealed. It seemed things were far worse than they realized… Stepping over parts of the debris scattered over the ground, Eve's hand rose as she pulled over a part of the broken table towards her before propping her rear against it to sit down.

"I sympathize with our mutual hatred for Ebon… but the truth is she stepped up to look after us once Najia came back and fell into her coma. She kept us fed, and frequented this very room to check on her. Can you not say she tried to assist you as well whenever she could Kari?"

Lowering her eyes, the little Witch nodded as she thought back on it. The Dragon girl had brought her herbs that grew locally whenever she went out. Most of them were useless but she didn't know what to look for… it wasn't her fault…

"So what then? We go back and apologize? Maybe toss Abby up as a peace offering?" Casey remarked snarkily before scoffing. What did the Vampire expect them to do?! Ebon had been the one at fault, not them! Narrowing her scarlet eyes, the younger girl shook her head before rubbing the bridge of her nose.

"Of course, I would never put My Abby in harm's way if I could help it." "She ain't yours!" "Stop it!" Growling, Casey nodded as she looked back at the brunette angrily. "Well, ya aren't hers!" Sighing, Abby looked back at Eve before offering her hand forward in an attempt to get her to continue.

"If Ebon won't help you girls anymore, and convincing her to help otherwise isn't an option then what do you have in mind Eve. I don't think you brought this up without some kind of a plan in mind." She knew the Vampire vaguely, but from what she had learned was her mind was as sharp as a dagger. She had something planned or else she wouldn't have intervened prior the way she had that made the Dragon girl cut ties with the others.

Staring over the room quietly, Eve was silent for a few seconds before nodding her head. "Of course. The way I see it now, we lost one source of nourishment so another must be substituted. Hunting can be done, but none of the girls in these caverns could do it as well as Ebon can. So the meager rations we've been enduring up unto this point will be lessened further meaning our feralization will quicken. But, you already know this, don't you Kari?"

Blinking, both Casey and Abby looked up at the little witch as she tried to look away. "What the fuck are you talkin about? Kari, what's she mean?" Licking her lips slowly, the dirty blonde was mute as she felt the attention of the room shifted onto her. "U-U-Uhh… w-well…" "You ran out of Energy when you were treating me… didn't you…?"

Blinking in surprise, the toddler looked down at Abby before nodding in sadness. Looking up at her friend in shock, Casey's mouth hung open now before it clenched shut as she grit her teeth. "What the hell Kari! Why didn't ya tell me ya ran out! For fuck's sake, what's wrong with ya?!" It was dangerous to be running around on an empty tank and the damned boyd had been doing it for three days!?

Shaking her head slowly, the younger girl whimpered as tears swelled up under her eyes. "I-I-I'm sorry… I didn't want to worry you…" She whispered earning an angry growl in return. "Christ, stop being so considerate all the time! Ya need yer Energy as much as the rest of us!" Casey snapped as she staggered to her feet slowly.

Whimpering louder, Kari shook her head before feeling a gentle hand placed on her own. "You gave me some of your Energy when you were treating me. That's why I felt the way I did around you when we first met. You had to know it would drain you… but, you still did it to help me. Didn't you?" Abby whispered as she looked up at Kari quietly.

She really was selfless, wasn't she? Standing over the Witch as she kneeled on the ground with the brunette, Casey stared her down before moving her head forward. "Here, take some already. You can't go struttin and shit while yer on blanks. One snap and ya might do somethin you'll regret later."

Looking up at the redhead's head worriedly, Kari whimpered louder before shaking her own. "I-I-I can't Casey-" "Knock it off already!" Cowering, the younger girl shrunk lower as her friend kneeled over her. Looking between both Hominal as Casey glared at Kari, Abby grew confused.

"W-Why can't you just take her Energy Kari? You girls can share it can't you?" She had seen Eve do that with Brook, and Casey even did it with her. So, what was the issue? Shivering on the floor, Kari continued to whimper as she felt her cheeks heating up.

"I-It's weird… I-I don't like it…" Blinking once, then twice, Abby's eyes widened now as she figured out what she meant. She was embarrassed?! That was her reason not to take the Dullahan's Energy?! Clutching the little Witch's finger gently, Abby sighed quietly as she saw Kari flinching every time Casey moved her head forward.

She could sympathize with her. She had trouble with this as well… though, her most recent encounter with Brook might have shifted her view because of Eve's influence. Not that she would ever tell her that. "K-Kari… I-I can understand your reluctance… But you need Energy. All of you Girls need it. If what you said is true then turning into some kind of, Feral, isn't going to be any better than this. Now please, let Casey help you…" She whispered.

Shaking her head dismayed, the dirty blonde continued to deny her friend before crying out in surprise as her neck was bent upright. "I apologize, but we don't have the luxury to wait." Screaming as her mouth was captured both Casey and Abby looked up in shock as they watched Eve pressing her lips into the younger girls.

Crying out in surprise as she was flung out of Kari's hand as she flailed, Abby screeched as she fell towards the ground. Thankfully Casey had noticed however as her shadow shot up protectively. Sliding into the blackened void as she slid around, the shrunken human eventually landed onto the redhead's palms before she was cupped gently.

"DAMN IT YA CUNT, WATCH WHAT YER DOIN! YA ALMOST GOT ABBY KILLED AGAIN!" Casey snapped angrily as she cradled the smaller girl into her. Ignoring both Kari's screams, and Casey's rant, Eve continued her lip lock for a good thirty seconds before breaking away tiredly.

Coughing as her mouth was released, the younger girl fell forward on the ground as her jaw trembled. Blushing a bright shade of red, Kari's eyes lit up a brilliant hue of magenta before she screamed. Covering her ears, both Casey and Abby flinched from the loud wail the little Witch was making as cried outward.

"K-K-KARI, KNOCK IT OFF!" Shaking her head as tears streamed from her cheeks, the toddler continued to wail before her eyes dimmed and she eventually fell forward. Falling to the floor unconsciously, All eyes turned to Eve now as the blonde stood over the younger girl darkly, her hand raised above where her head had been prior.

Standing up immediately, Casey snarled as her shadow reshaped into their all too familiar spikes, however, the Vampire made no move to defend herself. "I sent her to sleep. She's perfectly fine. The last thing we needed was her to cause Abby to fall into a coma to…" Eve muttered darkly.

Growling, Casey glanced down at her human companion as she saw the brunette cupping her head in pain. She was right… begrudgingly. That had been no ordinary scream. It was laced with the Witch's magic and if it kept up, would have no doubt rendered Abby unconscious as well.

Lowering her shadow back to the ground, the redhead nodded but kept the smaller girl close to her chest as she guarded her. Now that Abby was back in her hands she'd be damned to hand her over…

Blinking slowly as dots danced across her vision, Abby looked back at the unconscious child before shaking her head. "W-W-What d-did you do to her… w-why was she screaming like that!" She sounded like she was in pain!

Crossing her arms, Eve was silent as she chose to let the Dullahan handle this one. She was her friend after all. Scratching her cheek mutely, Casey sighed as she stared back at the sleeping girl. "T-That's uhh… That's a lil hard to explain. Ya see, the boyd kinda, can't handle Essence like we can. She gets hysterical whenever someone tries to give her it…" Casey whispered quietly before shaking her head.

"For as long as I can think the damned eejit would cry and weep when we tried. Eventually, Najia had to stop givin it to her on account of her powers actin up. As ya just saw…" She mumbled earning a nod in return. Glancing between both Kari and Casey now, a few questions came to mind.

"W-Why does she act like that, I don't understand? Does she just hate the Energy or something… or, is it something else?" Rubbing the back of her head tiredly, Casey bit her tongue as she tried to figure out what to say. "W-Well, it ain't the flavor, she no doubt likes that. I've yet ta meet anyone who didn't like Essence. It's more, she just can't seem ta handle how we… ya know… exchange it. If ya catch my drift. Najia had to find an alternative to feeding her since she refused to do it the usual way. She takes it from these flasks she makes and what's done is done. But, with Najia out of the picture, ya can bet she hasn't fed for a while now. And she lied about her reserves…" Casey muttered bitterly.

She had been afraid of something like this happening, but the damned girl said she still had plenty of Energy! Staring down at the sleeping girl with worry, Eve's elegant voice brought her back to reality as the Vampire chose now to join in.

"Regardless, she will be sated for now. I gave her a days' worth. It's not much but it will hold her over and keep her going with her treatments. Her magic is vital to Najia's recover. You are as well Abby, but when you work with a Witch who can use her powers, the results are endless." She muttered truthfully. They had only been treating the Kitsune with modern, human medicine. And while that was working… there were certain… events, which made Najia's recovery much direr now. Though, she would keep them to herself for the time being. Hopefully, it didn't come to what she feared the most…

Nodding remorsefully, Abby's eyes hardened as she looked up at the Vampire. "We will heal her, you have my word Eve. But, I don't know how long it will take. She's recuperating faster than any human I've ever seen… but, I don't know enough about Hominal biology, let alone about specific species to tell you when she'll awaken…"

"And what now then? Do we just twiddle our fingers and wait or somthin? Ya said all of us wouldn't be feedin anymore ya damned bloodsucker. So ya fed the boyd, now how about the other handful of gals? Do ya plan on feedin them all?" Casey muttered snarkily as she kneeled over her friend attentively.

Growling, the regal Vampiress bared her fangs before calming herself as she saw Abby looking up at her. "No… that isn't possible. I have plenty of Energy in reserve for myself and a few close friends. But not enough for everyone… plus, the thought of giving you any makes me nauseous…" She muttered loathsomely.

Nodding in turn, Casey scoffed before shaking her head. "Ya couldn't get my mouth on those rottin lips of yers if ya tried. So what's the plan, oh great and insightful leader…?" She remarked dramatically before yipping as her hand was pinched by the brunette.

"Knock it off Casey. You to Eve. Be serious right now…" Abby muttered before looking back to the Vampire. Chuckling softly, the blonde nodded as she brushed her bangs past her ear. "I was, my dearest Abby. But I digress. Since Ebon is no longer going to be supplying us with an adequate source of nourishment, and no doubt we cannot supply enough for everyone on our own, regardless of our abilities… then a new source of Energy must be found in order for us to remain fulfilled."

Scoffing as a skeptical cough escaped her throat, Casey leveled her scathing eyes with that of the Vampires. "And how the fuck are we to find that so soon? Are we to just, hope the gods bless us with a feast?! Oh great and powerful Eveline, beholder of knowledge and shit, do tell us where this source ya speak of is!" She groaned sardonically.

However, Eve could only smile now as her eyes shifted away from Casey jade ones… and down to Abby teal ones. Blinking slowly, the little Human shivered as the hair on the back of her neck started to rise. She couldn't mean what she was implying… could she?

Furrowing her brow, Casey looked down at Abby as the cogs in her head started to turn before her eyes widened to new proportions. Eeping as the redhead's fingers clenched around her, Casey pulled the shrunken human into her chest before her shadow shot up around her defensively.

"Hell will freeze over before that'll happen ya decrepit bitch!" Sighing, Eve shook her head before crossing her arms. "This does not please me either… but alas, it would be temporary. These girls need their Energy. I can supply enough to maybe two or three of my friends consistently, but even I cannot keep such a feat up as long as Najia could. They need your help, Abby." Eve muttered truthfully.

Shivering as she felt the fingers around her tighten, the teenager was silent as she thought about what she was being asked to do. This, this was ridiculous. Who could ask her to do something so... so… so vile and, depraving! She wanted her to give her… h-her essence to these Hominal willingly and regularly until the Kitsune recovered?! She just couldn't do that… could she…?

"I told ya, It ain't happenin! I won't let ya do something like that to Abby!" Casey growled earning a glare in return from the young Vampiress. "There is little to no other choice for the situation at hand. As I said, this would be temporary so it wouldn't be permanent. But there is, another reason for doing this." Eve muttered sternly drawing both girls' attentions.

Standing up, Eve stretched out her legs before looking towards the entrance of the caverns. "Ebon is still around… we can't forget this fact. Abby, you're still in danger while she's here." Feeling her breath hitch, the brunette shivered as flashes of the Dragon entered her mind.

The pain from her fire… the horrible, horrible pain… it would haunt her no doubt for some time… Feeling a gentle warmth on her back as she was pet reassuringly, Casey leveled her glare at Eve as she pulled the smaller girl closer.

"And what? Ya won't protect her if we don't agree to whore her out!" Casey screamed angrily earning a glare from the blonde. "Of course not! Don't be ridiculous! I will always look after My Abby's wellbeing. But you need to think for once you brainless ragdoll! I need to sleep, I meditate regularly, and I need to go outside these caves at night to feed myself! I won't be around twenty-four seven to keep watch over her! And I know for a fact you can't keep a Dragon at bay… you saw how well that worked out last time." She whispered venomously earning a seething glare back.

"Ebon is smart… she knows this to no doubt. As long as Abby is with us, she won't forget about her. Her hatred for Humans rivals that of you know who's…" She muttered darkly. Nodding bitterly, Casey felt understanding wash over her now.

"So what then, we just got to keep Abby on us at all times then! We can take turns protectin her!" Sighing, Eve shook her head again. This conversation was getting repetitive. "Only I can counter Ebon Casey… You aren't a match for her… not alone at least. And that's why this course of action needs to be the right one. Abby… you need to make some friends." Eve murmured seriously.

Blinking slowly, the little human began to nod as it dawned on her what the younger girl was getting at. There was safety in numbers. It was how these girls had been living all this time… and now, she was one of them. Though the danger was from within, the answer was here as well…

"Y-You want me to, to meet the others… so they'll protect me…?" She whispered in surprise. Nodding, Eve flashed her fangs as she smiled coyly. "Indeed. As I said, I'm more than a match for Ebon, but she will no doubt try and act at times when I'm not around. She can figure this out with time, and we don't know how long it will be till Najia recovers. If you have everyone looking out for you, however… no matter where you are, what time of day it is… you'll be safe. Ebon is strong… but she's not strong enough to fight off a soiree of Hominal and Beastial. She would have to back down. This outcome benefits both us, and you Abby. What say you?" Thinking over the younger girl's words, understanding came to mind as she pieced together where Eve had been going with this. It did make sense… more than she cared to admit. It could work out in their favor… though at what cost…?

Cupping Abby gently into her chest, Casey was silent for once as she thought about the blonde's words. She hated it but they were logical… damned if she'd ever agree though. "L-Look, we can do something else to help Abby. There have to be other ways we can-" "I'll do it…"

Blinking slowly, both Hominal looked down at the little human surprised, before one flashed a grin, while the other gawked in shock. "Are ye mad?! Ya want ta end up licked and suckled until yer raw! What the hell Abby! Ya hated us a few day ago, and now yer jumpin into the fire again!?" Casey snapped angrily.

Shaking her head, the teenager sighed as she felt her cheeks darkening. "I-I… I don't like the idea either… but, if you girls need essence… Then I might be the only choice you have. The last thing I want is any of you turning… F-Feral. Then I wouldn't have just one fire-breathing toddler to deal with but a cave full of who knows what all after me. Do you think they would be gentle with a three-inch food dispenser?" She muttered morbidly.

Biting her lip, Casey glowered in silence. She also had a point. Damn it, why was this making more and more sense? It was insane! Stepping forward, Eve was solemn as she gazed down at the smaller girl. "It would only be for a few days. I can sense Najia's presence returning to her. She's getting her strength back with each passing day. It is the right decision. I hope you understand…" Eve whispered quietly.

Nodding silently, Abby sighed before her eyes hardened. "I-It's fine… If this has to be done, t-then so be it. I'll go along with your plan, but what else? I can't be the only one helping you all. What are you planning to do?" Smiling in amusement, the little blonde nodded.

"I figured you'd catch on. While you are not catering to anyone you'll be helping Kari with Najia's recover. As for myself… and, the ragdoll… we'll be hunting and gathering for both the others and for her…" Eve muttered before pointing to the unconscious Witch.

"She'll no doubt need more supplies, and while my knowledge of them isn't nearly as vast as hers or Najia's might be, I've been around them long enough to know what to look for." She said reassuringly. Stomping her foot angrily now, Casey snarled as she glared back at the Vampire.

"So ya are takin charge and shit! Do ya expect me to just follow along like a wee lil doggy?" "I do. Unless you want to take charge instead. Would you like to go gathering all on your own instead while I sit back and stay here instead?" Narrowing her eyes, Casey ground her teeth before scoffing. "F-Fine then, jeez…" "Good girl."

Screaming angrily, Casey's shadow shot forward before she yipped in pain as her finger was bent awkwardly by the shrunken teen. "KNOCK IT OFF! WE'VE BEEN OVER THIS ALREADY!" Glowering, both girls glared back at one another before they turned away.

"Whatever… So now what? Do we just sit back and wait till the boyd regains consciousness or somethin?" They couldn't do too much without Kari there. Not to mention she needed to be filled in on what was going on now too…

Crossing her arms silently, Eve looked over to the Witch before nodding. "Take this time to recover. You're nowhere near as strong as you need to be. The same goes for you to Abby. Your legs might be fixed but you'll need your rest. I'll keep my eyes on these caves for you all tonight. Rest, recuperate… sleep. We'll start work tomorrow once everyone is at their fullest. I would take this time to prepare Abby. You might have changed mentally because of me, but I still caution you to keep an open mind about what goes on. Alright?"

Nodding darkly, Abby was quiet as she thought about what was going to happen to her over the next few days. She didn't like it… or at least she shouldn't. But, it was just for a little while. She had faith that Eve's course of action was the right one… even if it might be a little unpleasant.

Walking over to the Dullahan casually, Casey stiffened up a bit as her hand clenched up around Abby, but, that didn't deter the vampire much, if at all. Kneeling in front of her so her face was level with the brunette, the younger girl smiled before shaking her head.

"Thank you for your cooperation on this. I promise you, once everything is over, you'll be changed back. You have my word." She said truthfully. Looking back at Eve in surprise, Abby's lips twitched into a smile before she nodded. She had almost forgotten that she wasn't her normal height anymore. It was strange she just got so used to it by now. She would have to be more aware of this since-

Freezing in place as her mind went blank, Abby stiffened as her face was enveloped by a gentle, padded warmth. Her mind just went blank… Pulling back from her quick kiss, the little Vampire grinned before jumping back right as a shadow shot out of the ground where she had been kneeling.

"WHAT THE FUCK WAS THAT! G-G-GET THE HELL AWAY FROM HER YA FLAPPER!" Casey shrieked, her face a bright shade of red as the blonde's laughter filled the caverns. Landing on the ground lightly, Eve gave the smaller girl a wink before her body shimmered and quickly disappeared into thin air.

 

‘We'll spend more time together later, don't you worry~. I'll see you soon, my little amore~…'

 

Coughing lightly as she felt her breath come back to her, Abby shivered before gently touching her cheeks. She could still feel the warmth of the Vampire's lips against her skin. They were most certainly not rotting…

Feeling herself shifted upwards, the smaller girl looked up at Casey's face as the Dullahan continued to blush. "A-Are ya alright? S-She didn't do anything else to ya, did she?" Shaking her head slowly, a sad smile fell over the teenagers face as she looked back to Kari.

"I'm fine Casey… Let's just get ready for bed. You need your rest, and so does she." Feeling her cheeks darken further, Casey scratched her cheek as she felt the faintest hints of embarrassment from her statement. "W-Well… I-I guess if ya say it like that and all... D-Do… Do ya want to spend the night with me? I-I-I mean, there isn't another bed in here or anythin… S-So… I'd feel safer with ya near me… Knowing I'd be able to keep ya safe and all…" She sputtered out.

Feeling her lips twitch into a grin as the smaller girl nodded, Casey smiled. "Alright, let me just put the boyd ta rest. She needs time to come down from her outburst. She'll be fine though by tomorrow." Sighing as she was moved over to the redhead's shoulder, Abby's mind wandered as she thought about everything that was going to happen. Everything that had happened…

They were in for a strange ride from here on out. And hopefully, it would be as Eve said. She'd regain her height, Najia would recover… And hopefully, her death wouldn't come.

 

She would just have to wait and see, how it all would unfold.

 

To be continued.

 

Chapter End Notes:

 

Well thats it, the change is upon us. I can't wait to continue onto the next chapter, but i don't know when it will be. Hopefully you all liked it. I really hope to see some lovely reviews from you all. :D

If not... well, I'll understand.

 

See you again soon!

I hope, xD