- Text Size +

Sersei the Persistent

Down on her knees, bum on her heels, Sersei rested her hands on her hips. Where the fuck was Oliver? There was literally hundreds and hundreds of places to hide in the basement and he was in none of them. He had to have made it up the stairs. Just because Brooklynn and Monroe didn’t see anything on the stairs didn’t mean he hadn’t gone that way.

Walking over to the stairs, she tried to envision little Oliver adeptly scaling the stairs climbing to the main floor. He would have been small enough to get under the door easily enough. Where would he go from there?

This part of the house would have been foreign to him and he would have been running scared. Would he have attempted to try and get across the floor to one of the appliances? Unlikely, considering there were still several sisters in the sitting room down the hall to her left.

Turning her head to the right, she looked at the stairs leading up to the second floor. Crouching down, she traced her fingertips along the leading edge of the first step. Did he go up this way? Top of the stairs would put him basically outside Maeve’s door on the left, Melody’s a little further up on the right and lastly Teagan’s room was at the bend. Teagan was downstairs helping search, but the others would more than likely be up there.

Ascending the stairs slowly, she looked carefully for some indication of possible passage to confirm he might have come this way. A couple of steps from the top, she side sat the stair, looking along the floor of the hall. Given the Spartan nature of the hall there was nowhere he would have been able to hide. Maeve’s room was dark but light still shone under the door to Melody and Teagan’s rooms. Were Maeve and Elisha back yet from dropping Kent off? Checking her watch, she nodded, had to be.

Getting up, she walked to Maeve’s door, rapping lightly. Receiving no response, she rapped again a few moments later, this time a little louder.

The door opened partway, Maeve running a smoothing hand through her disheveled head of hair, “Sersei?” she said, yawning.

Smiling, “Hi Maeve, I suppose you’ve heard things didn’t quite go as planned with Oliver,” she said.

“Allie told us,” replied the dark haired girl.

“I think he might have come up this way,” Sersei stated.

Maeve frowned. “Up both flights of stairs?” she asked, arching an eyebrow.

Sersei nodded slowly, “I know it’s late, but would you mind if I took a look to see if he might be trying to hide here in your room?” she asked politely.

Reaching over, “Sure, I guess, Elisha and I didn’t see anything when we got back, but go ahead,” Maeve replied, clicking on the overhead light before backing away from the door to allow Sersei access.

“You are a peach!” Sersei stated, smiling gratefully and stepping into the room. “Do you have something to block the door with in case we flush him out? I don’t want him rushing out into the hall.

Nodding, Maeve grabbed one of her bath towels and handed it to the blonde.

Crouching down, Sersei carefully blocked the open space under the door. There was no chance he could sneak out of the room. Turning, she rested her elbows on her knees. “If you’re in here Oliver, come on out sweetheart,” she said sweetly.

Maeve folded her arms under her breasts. “There aren’t too many good places he could hide in here,” she said.

“She’s right Oliver. The only way out of the room is blocked so you might as well just come out,” Sersei invited, shaking her head slowly.

After several minutes of fruitless searching, Maeve stood back up, “I don’t think he’s in here,” she concluded.

Sersei nodded, “I think you’re right, but I’m going to ask Allie if she will let us blockade the doors with towels and do a room to room search. The towels will prevent him from moving from room to room and let us isolate him,” she said, rocking back onto her heels.

“Smart,” Maeve praised.

Getting to her feet, “I really appreciate you indulging my request,” Sersei expressed, smiling graciously.

Maeve waved a hand, “I know you would do the same for me,” she replied, picking up the towel from the hook on the door.

Exiting the room, Sersei made her way back downstairs looking for Allie, finding the brown haired girl on the main floor.

“I think Oliver may have climbed the stairs, then used the back stairs up to the second floor or tried to hide somewhere on the main floor so I would like to block the gaps under all the doors and do a room by room sweep to try and find him,” Sersei stated.

Allie nodded slowly, “Prudent,” she remarked. Spreading her hands, she then shrugged her shoulders, “You know there might be some push back,” she replied.

“Cerys,” Sersei stated, nodding her head and pursing her lips. Edith had decreed the order stood and there was no way Cerys would risk open defiance toward the woman, but that didn’t mean she might not delay in reporting she had found him.

Allie also nodded.

“Cerys is Cerys and there’s not much I can do about her, but I would still like to implement the search if you would allow,” Sersei petitioned.

“Sure, I’ll let the others know and you’ll probably want to get started sooner than later I presume,” permitted the chapter president.

“Yes please,” Sersei replied.

Checking her watch, “It’s getting late, but I’ll let it be known,” she stated.

“Thank you.” A slow smile crossed Sersei’s pretty face as she left Allie and went downstairs to get an armful of the Omega Pi booster towels. The noose was tightening and it would only be a matter of time before she had hot little Oliver in her hands.