- Text Size +

Vesper’s Office

Oliver was glad the traffic in the store was practically nonexistent as his time to investigate Vesper’s office was very limited. Having worked in most parts of the store, it made sense for him that if there was anything to be found, it would be in Vesper’s office, except he had no clue what it was he might be looking for.

Vesper’s office/work room was fairly large in comparison with the other room in the shop, occupying almost an entire third of the entire space in the store. There were tons of boxes of varying sizes neatly stacked around the room, but Oliver decided to investigate the desk first. Walking over, he sat in her chair. On top of the desk was a cloth shopping bag, containing of all things, candles. Also Inside the tote there was a small, hinged metal box with wax on either side, resembling something someone might use to take an impression of a key or some such. Nothing of value there. Looking down, he tested the top drawer to see if Vesper kept it locked. Finding it open, he pulled it out. Inside were mostly stationary items and stuff one might expect to find in a typical desk. Both of the lower drawers held file folders with invoices and patterns. Leafing quickly through the reams of files, he found nothing he thought connected to anything of importance.

Sliding the lowest drawer home, he shook his head, eyes drifting to her worktable where there was a bunch of medium sized boxes stored underneath. Getting up from the chair, he went over to the worktable and crouched down, examining a few of the different sized boxes stored underneath. Sliding a box off the top of the stack, he set it on the ground in front of his feet and opened the flaps revealing smaller boxes filled with molds and casts for different shaped candles and the like. The next box was the same. The third box also contained molds, except these were smaller. Each box had a name written on it. Selecting one with ‘Kyle’ scrawled on it, he opened the box and slid the mold into his hand. Opening the mold, Oliver chuckled softly. The shape in the plaster cast was a tiny person between two and three inches in size. His first thought was that it might be like a pawn of something for a chess set, or a novelty candle for a birthday cake. He picked out another small box, this one with ‘Steven’ written on it. Same as before, a tiny figurine shape. There were dozens of these smaller boxes in the larger box. Curious. Reassembling the box to the way he had found it, he returned it under the table and replaced the other boxes atop it. There was another box tucked away near in the back rear corner, this one with a smiley face in marker on the side. Down on his hands and knees, he fished out the box, folding back the lid and peering inside.

Reaching inside, “Sweet Jesus,” he muttered, pulling out a transparent blue phallic shaped silicon sex toy roughly eight inches in length. There were three others of similar dimension but colored differently in the box on top of more molds. Examining the toys, he surmised each of the four must be rejects because they all possessed the same hollow depression on top of them. His brain immediately imagined Vesper using one of these on herself and he hastily put the device back in the box, folding the flaps down and pushing it back to where he had found it.

Getting to his feet, he paused to brush dust and debris from his knees. Checking his watch, he frowned and shook his head. She would probably be back soon. Having found her stash of adult paraphernalia, he hoped he could look her in the eyes without blushing.

Exiting her office, he set about cataloging the recent delivery he had helped Aventus cart into the shop. No sooner had he started than the bell above the door in the front of the shop chimed, announcing a customer. Coming out ot the front, he was greeted by Vesper.

“That was quick,” he commented.

“In and out,” she replied, giving him a sly look.

His fertile imagination instantly produced lurid images of her playing with herself in his brain. Clearing his throat, he turned away.

“Any customers?” she asked, walking passed toward her office.

“Nope,” he replied, “but the new order is all processed,” he added.

Setting her purse down on the desk, she nodded, “Good.” Turning back to face him, “You excited for tonight? Maybe you’ll get your third band,” she suggested.

Oliver shrugged, “Maybe,” he conceded.

Vesper chuckled.

“Why is it that the girls make this such a big deal about the bands anyway?” he asked.

“You know sororities. I think it harkens back to an earlier time, you know, one filled with pomp and circumstance, and the nature of rituals. It was around long before I ever went to school and it’ll be around long after this current crop of young women graduate,” she opined.

“They do love them some pageantry,” he agreed, thinking he couldn’t really argue against the possibility she was positing as it seemed feasible enough, but he also couldn’t let go of the visceral feeling of something being not quite what it seemed.

She nodded.

“Who did Bear Briar get his bands from?”

“Um, let me see if I remember the order correctly. Melody, Monroe, and Gianna,” she answered, though by the look on her face, it seemed as if she was not entirely sure she was correct.

He remembered Monroe, vaguely, the large breasted blonde-haired girl from the night they celebrated Cam’s third band. After downing that little drink she had poured for him, everything went south. Tonight would be different. This time he would avoid imbibing their odd little drink and not surrender his senses. The other girl, Gianna, he had yet to meet.

As if reading his mind, “You’ll meet them tonight when the girls toast Bear’s trifecta,” Vesper said.

Oliver nodded. Tonight would be interesting.