- Text Size +

Back to Work

Getting some food in his belly and moving around, Oliver felt the queasiness begin to subside more rapidly and he actually started feeling quasi human again.

Being Monday, he was due to work for Vesper later in the afternoon, so he returned to his dorm and grabbed a couple more hours of shut off to quell the last of the hangover.

When he awoke, he was actually feeling not too bad. He’d left himself enough time to catch the bus and get to the shop.

Stepping through the door, Oliver was greeted by a smiling Vesper. His vague recollection was she had passed on the cocktail shared by the sisters.

“There you are,” she welcomed with a mischievous smile, “after your condition last night I wasn’t sure you were going to be able to come in to work today,” she shared.

Smiling, he nodded at her, “I’m a glutton for punishment,” he said, eyes roaming quickly over her body and seeing the pair of faded jeans and utilitarian white blouse she was wearing.

She laughed out loud, “How very fortunate for you then,” she replied.

“I didn’t know you were still with the sorority, I mean you mentioned you had been with them, but I didn’t that meant still,” he said, slipping on the white apron over his head.

“There are a great many things you’ve yet to discover young man. The world is full of wonderful and terrible experiences,” she retorted with a cheeky grin.

She seemed in a good mood making him think perhaps she was an amenable to conversation, “Pretty wild thing about Cam hey?” he asked.

“Oh?” she queried, looking ravishing as she adopted an innocent look on her marvelous face.

He gave her a sidelong glance, crooked smile on his face, “Come on now, surely you must know what has happened?” he inquiring, fishing while fastening the cloth straps of the apron behind his back.

Moving in very close to him, her eyes alive, “I know exactly what happened to him, I’m just not so sure you do,” she countered with an oddly ominous sounding chuckle. “You might just be probing me, fishing for inside information.”

So she did know! “I met up with Sersei earlier today and she gave me the low down on her brother,” he answered, grinning.

“And what pray tell was it she said that has you all a-tizzy then?” Vesper queried, placing her hands on his shoulders and holding his eyes with her own.

Her presence was making him mildly uncomfortable, “That he had to go home to deal with a familial obligation,” he answered, looking away.

Smiling, she removed her hands from him, left hand grazing lightly against his cheek, “I suppose that is one way to categorize it,” she replied cryptically before turning away.

Oliver shook his head. He knew she had done that on purpose, got up close to him because she knew it threw him off. Grinning off the side of his face, she may have graduated ages ago, but she was still Omega Pi through and through. “How about you share with me the way you might categorize it?” he asked.

Turning to look back at him over her shoulder, she arched an eyebrow and smiled, “You know what curiosity did to the cat?” she teased playfully.

“But satisfaction,” he started.

“Put the poor thing in dire peril twice as fast,” she interrupted, light green eyes glinting with an element of mystery.

What was her game? Stepping out of his comfort zone, he moved close to her, “You can tell me,” he invited.

Smile widening, she turned and pressed her body into him, breasts mashed against his chest, “Look at you, brave little soul that you are,” she purred, draping her arms around his neck.

He could feel his body stirring, responding to her proximity, her scent, her magnetism. Swallowing hard, he nodded. It took every ounce of willpower he could muster to not look away from her eyes. “What happened to Cam?’ he asked, voice catching.

Leaning forward, mouth next to his ear, “He went home,” she whispered, breath hot in his ear before she captured his ear lobe in her teeth and gave it a little nip and then broke away from him, eyes drifting down to his crotch then back to his face.

Oh yeah, there was no doubt in his mind she had felt his turgid muscle straining against the front of his Levi’s.

Color rising to his cheeks, he coughed and turned away.

Looking toward the ceiling, “You are so decadently sweet,” she chuckled amusedly before bringing her head back down to look at him with smoldering jade colored eyes.

“Pure cane sugar, borderline diabetic,” he retorted, trying to mentally will his erection back into flaccidity.

“My poor sweet tooth,” she lamented with an exaggerated pout, “you’d probably give me a cavity.”

Oliver just chuckled awkwardly and nodded, the moment between them dissipating though the erection in his trousers was a full on rager.

“Anyway,” she started, pausing and pointing to the wooden pallet stacked with boxes near the back door, “those will all need to properly stored and inventoried,” she said.

“Yep, I will take care of it,” he replied without bothering to look up at her.

She lingered a moment, eyes roving over the boy, the expression on her lovely face curious.

Busying himself with work helped banish the remnants of his hangover. Finishing his shift, Vesper saw him off with a playful wave.

Riding the bus back, he checked his phone, wondering if there were any further communications from Cam’s phone, whether Cam himself or whomever was hanging onto it. Nothing. Back up in the dorm, the vacant side of the room left him with a sense of emptiness, loss almost. He hoped whatever the situation was surrounding Cam that the lad was alright.

Laying on his side, he looked across at Cam’s stripped bed. He didn’t presume to think the university would allow him to fly solo for the semester when space was at such a premium so anticipated he would be getting a new roommate more than likely sooner than later, probably next day or two. He doubted he would be lucky enough to get someone else as good as Cam, but remained optimistic.

 

Chapter End Notes:

Nexte chapter, Cam realizes his situation is no dream...