- Text Size +

The Times, They Are a-Changin’

Still keeping possession of Oliver in her hand, Selene seemed unperturbed moving through the forested area naked, stopping here and there to touch or smell different plants and species of trees.

Emerging from the bush near the rear of the car, Selene stopped, eyes on the Chevy Malibu parked off the side of the dirt road. “What manner of conveyance is this?” she asked, wonder in her violet colored eyes.

“It’s a car, an automobile,” Thomasin replied, using the key fob to disengage the trunk.

Walking next to passenger side, Selene trailed the fingers of her free hand over the Northsky Blue Metallic paint. “Astounding,” she remarked.

In the trunk, Thomasin opened her luggage and deposited the void stone before pulling out a pair of slacks, panties, and a blouse. Looking at the perfection of Selene’s breasts, she figured the goddess more than likely did not require a brassiere’s support. Handing the clothes toward Selene, “With what you did to get out of the ground, do you think you it possible to restore Oliver?” she asked.

Handing Oliver to Thomasin, Selene accepted the clothes, fingers feeling the textures. “It is not that simple. The movement of the planet generates considerable energy. Using that, I channeled the latent energy to transform the ground into stairs. It is much more complex with Oliver’s situation and it requires significant precision,” she replied, a puzzled expression on her face as she examined the panties.

Closing the trunk, Thomasin mimed donning the underwear.

Nodding, Selene copied her, slipping on the panties then slacks followed by the shirt. “The under garment is confining,” she complained.

“It’s a thong,” Thomasin replied, moving to the passenger side of the rental car and demonstrating how to use the handle to open the door.

Getting Selene into the car and strapped in, Thomasin handed Oliver back to her and got in on the other side.

Marveling at the interior of the automobile, “The craftsmanship is truly phenomenal,” the goddess commented appreciatively.

“I suppose I have no right to ask, but I am very curious about who put you in the ground? It looks like whoever it was, they put considerable effort into making sure you couldn’t get out,” Oliver said.

Shaking her head, Selene’s face darkened, “I was betrayed by two of my sisters,” she replied in a low voice.

“Why did they do that to you?” Oliver questioned.

“That is a tale for another time,” she replied, voice cool.

Rather than provoke her, Oliver changed directions. “How did you inhabit Larissa?”

“A geological disturbance fractured the altar stone, temporarily disrupting part of the spell holding me,” she answered, distracted by the passing scenery outside the car.

Recollecting the crack across the smooth floor, he presumed that is what she was referencing.

Looking up and over to Thomasin, “You know we might have a bit of an issue trying to get her across the border,” he commented.

Without bothering to look down, “I thought about that,” Thomasin replied. “We could fly domestically in Canada to Abbotsford, British Columbia. I have a contact in the area. We could try to cross the border into Washington State there. Bellingham is just across the line and we could fly the rest of the way from there,” she suggested.

“Like put her in the trunk of the car kind of thing?” he asked.

Thomasin shrugged, “We have moved a handful of liberated males through there,” she countered.

“Cam said he was originally from Bellingham, meaning there might be an Omega Pi presence, namely his mother, there on point for anything or anyone out of the ordinary there,” he offered.

“I’m not sure, Sharon Crawford’s mother Eleanor does not seem particularly enamored with Edith Frost which is why we were exploring inviting Sersei into the fold,” Thomasin replied.

Shaking his head, “Sersei is tried and true Omega Pi. It would be like inviting a fox into the henhouse,” he replied.

“I don’t think we orchestrated this part of the plan very well. I should contact Agnes,” she stated. Pressing the green phone symbol on the steering wheel of the car, “Call Agnes,” she instructed.

“Calling Agnes,” announced the car in a female voice, the response putting a look of consternation on Selene’s face.

Looking down at Oliver, “Whence came that voice?” she asked. Startled when the car’s speakers made a ringing sound.

Raising his hands, “It’s okay, it’s just Bluetooth,” Oliver soothed,

Selene frowned.

“Thomasin, it is good to hear from you. What news?” the disembodied voice of Agnes inquired.

Shaking her head and frowning, “I find this most distressing,” remarked Selene.

“Who is that?” Agnes asked.

“That is Selene,” Thomasin answered, glancing at the woman and giving her a smile.

There was a moment of silence.

“What has happened?” the goddess asked.

“Blessed Goddess,” Agnes addressed, voice filled with respect. “My name is Agnes York and I am your most humble servant.”

“Where is this woman?” Selene questioned.

Seeing the perplexed expression on Selene’s face, “Agnes is far away from here in a place called California. We are able to use devices called telephones that allow us to communicate with one another across vast distances,” Oliver explained, knowing that someway, somehow he and Thomasin were going to have to give Selene a crash course on the technologies of the modern world.

“Things appear to splintering rapidly throughout the sorority. I have had a number of sisters from other chapters reach out in the wake of the dissolution of all the Weeping Stones. While there is considerable confusion, I believe it is imperative for Selene to come here. According to Vesper, Edith seems to have absorbed a considerable amount of power and may have had an unforeseen effect on her,” Agnes explained.

Raising his voice to be heard, “Problem is Selene has absolutely no identification. We can’t even board a plane here let alone cross the border,” Oliver stated.

“Alright,” Agnes relayed. “I will see what arrangements we can make from our end.” With that, she expressed gratitude to Selene and ended the call.

“I think we need to find a library or something to try and expose her to knowledge,” Oliver offered.

Thomasin nodded in agreement.

Becoming animated, “Wait, your phone, we could use your phone to teach her about now,” he suggested.

“In my purse,” Thomasin replied.