- Text Size +

Stan by Me

Oliver felt deeply conflicted, relieved and angry. Relieved to see his mother but bitterly angry over the betrayal, like a calf lead to slaughter.

Hurrying across the floor, Samantha practically flung herself into the chair letting her purse fall to the floor and putting her hands on the table, “Oh baby, sweetie, I am so sorry,” she blurted, voice breaking with emotion as she addressed both men.

“You’ve got some explaining to do,” Stan stated.

“I know, I know, oh god, I am just pleased you‘re,” she paused.

Stepping forward, eyes narrowing, “Okay?” Oliver snapped.

Sam nodded, moisture welling up in her eyes. “I know how you must feel,” she empathized, sliding her hands across the table to cup Oliver in her right, Stan in her left.

Shaking his head, Oliver stepped out of the way, “You have no idea how I feel, what they did, and if you do know, then more’s the shame on you!” he accused.

Feeling uncomfortable, Larissa grabbed her package of cigarettes and quietly slipped out the back door. Taking a seat on the stairs, she lit up a smoke. This whole thing was a messed up situation but fuck was she horny.

“I deserve that,” Sam sobbed.

Walking over to his son, “Oliver,” Stan said softly, placing a hand on the boy’s shoulder.

Sloughing off the older man’s hand, Oliver moved closer to his mother, “You hugged and called me your little man and then threw me to the wolves like a table scrap!”

“There was a plan,” she replied, voice feeble.

Shaking his head, “Yeah, I saw how that worked out for Cam just before he died,” he snorted.

Sam leaned back from the table, “Cam? Cameron Crawford? He’s alive,” she provided.

Oliver hesitated.

Nodding, “He’s alive, saved by Cerys. Right now there are sisters preparing to restore him,” she supplied.

A mocking grin appeared on Oliver’s face, “Alive? I don’t know where you’re getting your information, but Cerys ate him,” he replied bitterly.

Raising her hands almost defensively, she fixed her looked squarely on Oliver, “I know, that’s how she was able to smuggle him out of the house with arousing suspicion, honey, it was supposed to be you,” she assured. “She made a judgement call and I’ve been told she thought she could get you both out.” Turning to look at Stan, “That’s why I wanted you to stay away, I didn’t want to put you in more danger,” she said.

Pursing his lips, “Ah,” Stan noised. “I couldn’t just sit by. Your sisters were going to miniaturize Kent, but I swiped their glowing blue rock thingy.”

Sam glanced back toward the door, “Is that Vesper’s stone? In the car?”

Oliver shook his head, “Sabina’s.” Cam was alive?

Bringing her hands to her face, Sam shook her head.

“Can you use the juice in that rock to maybe fix us?” Stan inquired. Why the hell couldn’t he tear his eyes off Sam. God she was beautiful. Was she blushing? Is that why she hid her face? Was it the stone? Whatever it was, he could feel his body beginning to respond.

“I can’t, only a keeper has the ability to manipulate the power. Thomasin. Cam is with her right now. I need to get you both to her with that stone. Maybe, just maybe,” she breathed, hope sparking in her glistening eyes as she lowered her hands

Trying to fight off the growing sensation in his loins, Stan pursed his mouth, consternation on his face, “What about Kent, he’s a good kid,” he countered, trying to focus an image of the lad in his mind but losing the battle and desperately wishing to reunite with Sam.

Averting her eyes, Sam shook her head, “Sorry, there is only so much I can do.” Why did Sabina’s stone have such an incredibly potent effect on her? She knew she needed to explain, accept responsibility for her actions, but she could feel herself beginning to drift as the effects of desire wrapped deliciously around her. She wanted Stan. Letting out a long breath, she tried to bring herself back to moment. Was she wet?

Scowling, Oliver could sense something happening between His mother and Stan. In the week he was at the Omega house, he knew what was happening and Stan was like a deer in the headlights. Clearing his throat noisily, “Hey, shouldn’t we grab Deacon and get on our way?” he asked.

Sam blinked, “Deacon?” she questioned.

“He’s somewhere in the back with Cady. He’s safe. I’m just wondering if it might not be a little,” he paused, grinning mischievously, “wiser to wait for the cover of darkness and travel at night?” he offered.

“I think we should probably go now,” Oliver encouraged.

“Night would be safer,” Sam opined, tapping a thoughtful index finger against her lips.

Shaking his head, “Are you two for real right now?” he challenged.

“What?” Stan asked, making a face.

Rolling his eyes, Oliver pointed at Stan’s groin, “Oh I don’t know, that,” indicating Stan obvious arousal.

Looking down, “Oh that,” Stan chuckled. “It’s a nervous condition, happens all the time.”

Manufacturing a wry smile, “Swell,” commented Oliver before looking up at his mother.

“It is the power of the stone,” she informed.

Oliver nodded. “Speaking of the power of the stone, I think maybe I saw your goddess. She looked at me,” he advised.

A quizzical expression appearing on her face, “What, you saw her?” Sam queried.

“In my dream,” he added.

Having difficulty trying to concentrate, Sam shook her head. Did it mean something? Was it a byproduct of the stone? Sometimes keepers speak of sensing the goddess, but no one ever claimed to have actually seen her. Strange. The ache between her thighs was growing and her resolve seemed to be failing. She wanted Stan, needed him.

Eyes on Samantha, Stan moved close to Oliver, “Listen, give your mother and me a few moments to settle our differences and then we’ll set out, okay?” he offered.

Sensing this was as close to a compromise as he would get, Oliver nodded hoping to god Stan did not use the term cock block.

Grinning, Sam swept Stan into her right hand, gently curling her fingers around his tiny body. “Do you know where the,” she paused then chuckled softly, “no, I suppose you wouldn’t. I’ll find it,” she finished, exiting the kitchen.

Oliver looked toward the ceiling, laughing almost maniacally, a strange warm sensation creeping over his body. Frowning, he looked back down at his hands. What was this?