- Text Size +


August 4, 2018
Today something strange happened to me.

As you know, today was the day of the stargazing trip. That sounds like a big deal, but it isn’t at all. The class goes out, everyone together, to a farm in town at 9:30 after it gets dark. The teachers set up a couple of small telescopes, and we look up at the stars. Wow.

I was talking with Amber and another friend, Michael. Now Michael was also… not very popular. Unlike Amber, who really did know quite a bit of people, Michael was honestly more of an unknown than me. It might have helped that I was starting to look better after losing some weight while Michael... just didn’t stand out very much. His acne was beginning to recede, and he wasn’t that bad looking. But he was short. Really short. He only stood three inches taller than me. At five foot even.

His interests were also kind of out there. He was strongly into anime, and he got me to watch some. I started to think that some of it was really good. But I was going to keep up with my game shows (yes really) and dramas some as well. And I don’t want to watch puffy cutie magical witch Amie or whatever type of crap he always wants to show me. If I want to watch porn, I’ll just do that. When you’re unpopular, you just have to hang out with whoever’ll take you I suppose. And he is nice enough.

Where was I?

Oh yeah. I was hit by a meteor today.

But it didn’t really hurt.

I had been talking with my friends. But I saw Alice out of the corner of my eye, heading towards me through the flat field. Where do I begin?

Alice, standing at a little over six feet tall, really does not seem to like me. In fact, she seems to hate me quite a bit. She’s always finding some way to taunt me, upset me, embarrass me. And I know that I said I’m an exhibitionist, that I like people looking at me. But it’s shameful really. I don’t like being embarrassed in front of everyone.

She kicked up some dust in the dry grassy field, getting some all over my clothes. I ended up coughing and sputtering. Amber quickly walked over in order to confront her, but I ran off into the woods as it looked like some of Alice’s friends were joining. I really didn’t want to be a part of all of this. I didn’t want to be involved with all of this.

“Where are you going, little Chelsey!” She shouted as I ran off. She laughed as I walked off. It was always so easy for her to get too me. I wished that I could stand up for myself better.

She laughed as she kept running after me. Alice loved holding me down, slamming my face into the ground. Sometimes she just spat on me as I lay on the ground crying. I swear that this has been going on since middle school! Why in the hell does she care about me so much!?

“Where did you go!? You know you can’t hide from me forever, you stupid coward!” Chelsea’s voice grew more distant, as I was indeed, hiding from her. I scratched my legs as I ran through the forest, getting caught in brambles and sticks.

So I ended up going through into another, abandoned field. I sat there for a little while and gazed up at the stars, wondering when people were going to quit taunting me. But most of all I felt embarrassed. Embarrassed about running off. Embarrassed about everything Alice had done to me. And it wasn’t the good kind of embarrassed. I didn’t want anyone looking at me.

That was when it happened. One second I was sitting there, and the next I was laying back on the grass. It felt like everything was being knocked out of me at once. I couldn’t think, except for a split second that this was it. Whatever had come from above certainly must have killed me. It felt like I was outside, floating outside of my body for a moment. Was it a meteor? Something else?

My mind began to go outside of its body… it felt like I was dead. Yet at the same time, every bit of me flooded with energy. The forest looked like it was in the middle of the day. The only thing I can recall is that at that moment I was extremely embarrassed. No… there was something else. My whole body was tingling… I almost felt good. Despite what had happened, everything just felt so real for a moment. Like I could do anything. But soon it began to subside as I returned to reality.

But a second later I was lying back on the ground, just feeling sore all over. It felt like there was something INSIDE me today diary. I walked back without telling anyone what had happened.

Amber and Michael seemed to be really worried about me. I got too upset over the smallest things. But I said some stuff to comfort them. No I didn’t want to go to the teacher because that never does anything.
Half an hour later we drove back, and here I am. I know nobody will believe what happened to me today, so I just had to write about it here. Until next time.