- Text Size +
Story Notes:

Okay, This story kind of changed from what I had originally planned. I didn't want another sadistic youth, nor a mysteriously shrunk and killed indiviuals.  I wanted something unique, and got a story that isn't the greatest srinking story but still works for what it is.  Hope you enjoy it.

Disclaimer: Okay, in light of recent events I feel the need for an extra long disclaimer. This story is a work of fiction designed for pure entertainment. It is NOT meant to incite any negative or illegal activities. Please keep this concepts on the screen where they belong and not in the real world.  Also, anything recognizable is simply in here for realism.   

The Lonely man

Jeff was a nobody.  Worse, half the time he was less than a nobody.  Even his own family had the tendency to just simply ignore him when he was around.  That's why when he moved out on his own, nobody actually called.  After all, who’s all that concerned with a nobody.  The worst part was that his parents always drooled over his younger sister...the athlete.  So what she went to two Olympics and is working on a third.  In his mind (and in reality) he was just as talented as her in sports...but when it came time to taking it seriously, his parents were more interested in saving time and money for themselves. Ironically it was his sister where all the money went and...well, who cares.  That was years ago.

What I can honestly say is that, when Jeff carried out his little experiment and went missing, nobody cared.

For there was always one thing Jeff was able to do, even with a pair of practically absent-t, baby sister worshiping parents and that was invent things.  At first it was just childhood fantasy more so than invention, but as he got older, and wiser and the internet more of a legitimate source for material, the boy began realizing that many of his so called fantasies where actually decent theories.  So over the years, as girls flew over him like that small airport just below the approach path to JFK (which is a more appropriate analogy than you realize) and as his parent's sort of forgot to call him on his birthday (they actually never called on his birthday) the more time he could dedicate to his inventions. 

Now, after about ten years of hard work, math and tens of thousands of dollars which could have gone to a new kitchen (not to mention plumbing and electrical, a roof, maybe some windows, better landscaping...hey, it’s a HUD home after all) he was ready to test out his device.   The device itself is only about the size of the rundown barn in the back of his house he built it in.  His house is actually an old farmhouse.  A developer bought the land years ago and turned it into a development and even set up a school in the back, a little private school for gifted brats.  Yet they left the farm house for any sucker with a pension for flipping to buy from them.  Well, meet the sucker.

Jess is now closing in on his forties.  There really isn't much to say about him as far as looks.  He started going gray at 25, bald at 30.  No matter how much he works out, he grew a beer belly (and he's not a drinker, but he did get it checked out...its a non-cancerous tumor which is inoperable but will still eventually kill him). He's near sighted thanks to a car accident years ago which the woman walk away from without having to pay a dime and the courts said that, because she was a single mother and was so stressed out that he, the brave man, should pay his own way. Yeah, well, if there are so many single mothers out there then why are there so many guys who like to take advantage of women.  Then again, the number of gays and transsexuals has gone up...just a theory he's developed in his seclusion. 

At any rate, Jeff looked to his machine and took a deep breath. 

"After five years, its ready to test."  He states.  Ten years of planning, five years of construction, nearly a lifetime of math so complex, that Hawking himself would have an issue with it. 

He then looks to the Rabbit he had been prepping for this experiment in its cage.  The bunny literally looks at him with a look of 'Do it, and I'm calling PETA' on its face. And no...he's never done anything to that rabbit before.

"Alright...I'll do it myself.  Why not, I'm already dead anyway."

So he walks up to the machine and inputs what he wants.  He then steps into the mess of computers and boxes and into a electromagnetic nest which is on the business end of several particle accelerators and electro-magnets.  He always knew that this would be an all or nothing test.  He figures that there are only three outcomes:

  1. It works
  2. It doesn't
  3. He dies a horrible, agonizing death

So he's sort of hoping for B at the least.

The machine is on a timer, and a minute after closing the door he hears the egg timer he used as a timing device go off, and that's when...everything goes blank.

Its nearly three hours before Jeff wakes up again.  He looks around a bit, afraid as to what happened.  It takes a few moments for his vision to recover, but when it does, the first think he notices is how tall the room has gotten.  The walls the tables are all at least three feet higher than they were to begin with.  He steps down and walks over to a mirror in the corner of the room and from that plain man whose life was about to end years before he could do anything stands a young boy...a boy who can't be older than five.  His hair is blonde, his eyes blue, his frame slender.  Oh, I should note he HAS a full head of hair, his eye sight is near perfect, and his body is slim.

"It...it worked!"  He yells.  "I DID IT!!!!"

Actually he didn't. He had set the machine to reduce his age to ten, not five, but at that moment in time, he could care less. He bought...no, he invented himself more time. 

After that, he did go on to try and figure out what went wrong.  With a decent idea of how the stock market works, he had the money he needed to live off of, and groceries could always be delivered. So for the next six years, he only exited the house when necessary.  It was actually very hard.  He couldn't enroll himself in school without a parent, he couldn't drive anywhere as he was too short, and he couldn't travel because he was too young.  He figured thirteen physical years would be the magic number.  Yet it was a climb to get there.  He mainly worked on his inventions, but he also went out.  There were plenty of kids in the neighborhood, but they were now all far too old for him.  They tended to pick on him and tease him. Girls, boys, it didn't matter. 

So he found the fountain of youth...and it offered him no reprieve.

Yet soon thirteen did come around, but by this point, he could care less about rejoining the population. He had formulated a plan...the plan to which only a thirteen year old could come up with.  Now, with his new knowledge of particle and biological science, he could create items far faster than ever before. This device had come to him in a dream. 

"Now..." He figured "...I will make everyone serve me with this." The device...a smart watch, but inside was enough technology to do everything he wanted.  For he had long since master shrinking objects, and he had tested it. A simple look over to his new cages proved that.  He had in there a bed, a fridge and a small generator, all of which had been full sized at one point.  Yet, in the bed, he instantly spots two lovers pushing away the covers.  They don't know that he is looking at them through the glass...its a one way mirror.  But the two tiny former prom dates look to each other with some level of disgust. 

'Hmm...at one point you two couldn't get enough of each other in my backyard.  Now look at you.  Your both barely three inches tall.'  Yet as the girl pushed off her covers, something else comes into view...her very pregnant belly.  They have been there since prom back in May.  Well its now October. In the corner are several cloths made...or rather shrunk just for them.  He makes sure that they only wear what he wants.  For her, its dainty little dresses and lingerie that is rather provocative.  For him, he is to dress like someone out of the 1700's...or an ancient Greek, which ever floats Jeff's boat. 

Jeff backs off for a moment and looks to the device on his wrist.  It basically looks like the Microsoft Band...and he did base it on it.  But the interior is basically just a shrunken battleship's worth of modern electronics and equipment along with a nuclear fusion reactor.   So he maneuvers through the settings and hits shrink. The device asks: YOU or OTHER. He hits YOU.

He is then presented with a slider for percentage.  He quickly hits 96%  With that, the barely five foot tall boy slips out of view, dropping towards the floor. From nearly 60" to just about 2.5" in a little under two seconds.  He smiles at his work, but he has things to do...school should be ending soon. So he walks up to the couples, father's Mercedes G-wagon, hops inside and drives off to the doorway he built into his house.  He heads outside and up a few ramps which straddle the side of the barn.  On hot days, the vehicle still can smell a little bit like sex.

"Those two must have really been at it."  He says to himself, recalling that smell which pops up every now and then.  He makes it too the roof and heads back inside of the barn to where his new device awaits...a full functional, miniaturizes Tilt rotor aircraft. It’s the luxury version of the V-22 used by the military.  He saw it once at an airshow and shrunk it down for his usage while it sat at night.  He hopes inside, commands the roof on the barn to open and is gone. His destination is the school, and boy will today be fun.  You see, that little private school has a strict physical activity requirement.  So while school may be ending, the fun part is just beginning.