- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Decided to write a chapter from Desmond's perspective this time.

Throughout centuries, societies have told fairy tales and myths of giants. In those stories, they are often regarded as towering, monstrous behemoths who loom over villages, crushing anything that stands in their path. Most Gigants despised this traditional stereotype of giants; however, Beanstalk was not one of them.

 

Charnise Taylor, or "Beanstalk", had acquired by the end of her sophomore year of UCH an infamy of sorts. She had earned her epithet not only from the fact that she stayed at Beanstalk Hall, one of the two Gigant dormitories on campus, but also from the resemblance of her demeanor to that of the giant from the classic tale, "Jack and the Beanstalk". Based on the posts on her social media sites, one would assume that she was kind-hearted, sweet, and bubbly. However, anyone who had the misfortune of meeting her in person knew that it was (for the most part, at least) a façade. In person, she often exhibited a cold and ruthless demeanor towards men. Standing at an imposing 6'2 with a plump, muscular frame, Charnise's appearance bore a striking resemblance to the traditional perceptions of what a giantess looked like. Oddly enough, despite her intimidating demeanor, she was (at least, in Desmond's eyes) not ugly; She bore bulbous, brown eyes and round, chubby cheeks. Her smile was large and bright smile with a subtle gap between her two front teeth. Her skin had a dark complexion, and she wore her long black hair in braided dreadlocks.

 

In Desmond's opinion, Charnise's relentless attitude and behavior towards him and his brother was always a bit off-putting considering her cute, homely look. Thus, when the head coach ordered that he trek to Charnise's dorm and pamper her, he feel a heavy sense of dread overcome his body.

 

He straddled his bike and sighed deeply. He turned over to Devon, who was sitting on the front steps to their new duplex. Lemuria had treated them well for their work. After hearing of the incident at Jack's Treehouse, she hooked them up with two individual apartments at Gulliver, a middle-class Burrow located on the southern border of campus, just a few yards (or miles, from the men's perspective) from Jack's Treehouse, or rather, what remained of it. Gulliver was much more upscale than Jack's and much more secure from threats; it was gated and UCH hired Gigant security guards to watch over it and protect from predators.

 

While they were happy to receive the upgrade, they, along with the majority of the male student body, were hoping to see the school board reprimand Kourtney for the carnage she had caused. When the news broke that she had received suspension from one game, people were both outraged and not surprised. She was, after all, a major player on the basketball team; it was somewhat of a miracle that she received any punishment.

Since the school was, for the most part, run by Gigants, and a stunning 77% of the student and faculty female population identifying themselves as members of the Amazonian party, campus unrest quickly died down and the hope for change evaporated. "All-in-all, this was the best possible outcome.”, Des thought to himself.

 

"You better get going.", said Devon gazing upward at the bright crimson sky, "it's about to get dark out here."

 

Desmond turned to Dev and replied wearily, "Yeah."

 

"Please don't try to bike back here tonight. Just crash at...”

 

Devon was about to suggest he stay at Charnise’s, but quickly stopped himself. “…. David doesn’t live too far from Beanstalk Hall. Give him a call when you’re done over there."

 

He hoped that Des wasn't planning to stay late at Beanstalk Hall. Doing so seemed to be just as risky as trekking outside at night. Their friend, Dave, stayed at a small Burrow next door to the dorm. It wasn't the most secure place in the world, but it was still the superior option, compared to spending the night at Beanstalk Hall or riding back here.

 

"Don't worry," Des said with a smile on his face, "I'm be fine." With that, he lifted the kickstand and took off.

***

 

Beanstalk Hall was about 20 feet away from Gulliver; however, from Des' perspective, it was more like a few miles away. Though the smart move would have been to call the shuttle and have it drop him off at BH, Des' impatient personality had gotten the best of him. He rode his bike as quickly as he could, hoping to beat the sunlight and thereby avoid the dangers of nighttime predators that lurked in the area.

 

By the time he reached his destination, it was pitch-black outside. He heard the owls hoot and the crickets chirp as he stood at the base of stairs leading up to Beanstalk Hall. BH was one of the two Gigant only dorms on campus, the other being Olympus. Both towered over all who stood before them. In the case of Beanstalk Hall though, there was a special gravity associated with the dorm's presence. Being the cheaper, lower-quality option of the two, BH was feared by many students as being the "Belly of the Beast". From the outside, one could hear the chaotic ambience that lurked from within. Inside its halls, Gigants stomped, laughed, and blasted music at full volume as they partied.

 

Des chained his bike to the special bike rack for men bikes, which sat next to a colossal steel structure for the Gigants' bikes. He found the ladder that was attached to the foot of the stairs and began to climb. "I'm gonna be so late.", he thought to himself as he scaled the elephantine brick stairs. Like Jack as he climbed the Beanstalk to the giant's castle, Des felt an odd sense of adventure as he climbed the stairs to the dorm. When he finally reached the top, he checked the time on his phone. "7:56 pm"

 

"Now comes the hard part.", he thought. He lost Charnise's number and now he needed to find a way inside. As he put his phone back into his pocket, he saw a skinny, punk Gigant, with purple hair and a longboard the size of a mountain range, coming up the stairs. As her worn flip flop landed next to Des, he ran to the shoe's platform and dug his fingers deep into the material. The student pulled her ID out of her back pocket and a sonorous "Beep" rang through Des' ears as the front door was unlocked. The sandal rose into the air with the velocity of a plane taking off. Des held on as hard as he could as she walked into the dorm, slamming her left foot down each time with enough force to crush a building.

 

He dismounted from her foot once she reached the elevator. He waved his arms and yelled for her attention. As the girl pushed the button labeled '2', she noticed the tiny speck by her flop. She scrunched down and held her hand to her ear. Very faintly, the voice yelled, "3rd floor please." She extended her hand and said tenderly, "Climb on, I take you."

 

"Tonight's already been confirmed to be shitty considering I have to deal with Charnise.", Des thought for a moment, "Not like I have anything else to lose."

 

He climbed onto her hand and she stood back up to her full height. She stayed on the elevator when it reached her floor. When it reached the 3rd floor, she asked Des what the room number was. "304.", he replied. She nodded and walked down the left corridor, eying the numbers on each door. Finally, at the end of the hallway, they found it. As she rose her hand to knock, he stopped her.

 

"Today's my girlfriend's birthday.", Des lied, his tone tranquil and collected, "She's doesn't know I just flew in to surprise her."

 

The girl leered at him with a suspecting look, as if her intuition was advising her to not trust him. Then, as if that same conscience right at that moment reminded her how little she should care about this random stranger, she lowered him to the floor and waved good-bye. "If he was some random perv, he'll probably end up getting crushed anyway.", she rationalized to herself.

 

Des took a deep breath. He didn't want the girl to hand him over to Beanstalk, especially if it turned out that Beanstalk was in a bad mood. He'd much rather sneak in and gauge how she was feeling before he made his presence known. With that in mind, he walked under the door into the giant's lair.

***

As he walked inside, the deep, pungent odor of vinegar and corn chips immediately assaulted his nostrils. There, sitting next to the door, stood two colossal, dark-blue Nike high-tops. One stood upright while the other was turned on its side. From that one, the smell wafted towards Des, foreshadowing the experience he was about to endure with Beanstalk. The dimly-lit room was very spacious, even by Gigant standards. Two dressers were pushed up against the rigid plaster walls. A 42-inch television sat on top amid bottles of lotion and make-up. On the opposite side sat a black mini-fridge, a wooden desk, and a twin size bed set next to the window. In the middle of the room, on an olive green, plateau-sized sofa, sat the giantess herself, still adorn in her sweaty team gear.

 

"I know the coach to her not to change…but damn…it smells like she didn’t even shower.", Des whispered to himself. Charnise sat languidly on her couch, her feet sprawled out on top of her gray rug. She was still wearing her team's yellow and white jersey, sweat stains surrounding the armpit and neck areas. She was also wearing her yellow mesh shorts, with black leggings.

He walked closer to her, fighting his way through the raggedy, blue fibers of her rug, many of which were the size of sunflower stalks compared to him (some even larger). As Des approached her and wrestle among the dense fibers of her rug, the swampy atmosphere grew more humid and odorous. Her filthy crew socks were armored with a pair of pink fuzzy slippers. Judging by their worn, holey condition, their short length in relation to her soles, and how tightly snug they hugged her feet, Des concluded that she seemed to have outgrown these slippers a long time ago.

 

The mere scale between Charnise and Des sent a shiver down his spine. Even at his full height, the sole of the slipper still towered over him by a solid 10 feet, and its width could easily engulf a city block (or possibly even two.)

Her eyes were drooping, and sitting in her lap was a paper plate with a half-eaten slice of pizza. On the television, reruns of the popular reality show, "Love and Gigants", were playing with the volume on low.

"She's falling asleep", Desmond realized.

As he turned towards the door, a wide smile parted his cheeks. “Whelp, I tried.”, he chuckled as he shrugged his shoulders, “Time to head hom- “

“DESMOND!”

The enormous boom that erupted behind him nearly deafened the tiny speck. His knees started to quiver, and his breathing began to quicken. As he was regaining control of his senses, the sound of creaking furniture echoed behind him and the once-stationary feet began to hover above the ragged carpet, administering powerful shockwaves as they landed next to him. Des fell to his ass and struggled to get up as the giantess leaned over her knees, her wide, signature grin gleaming down upon him.

“H-hey b-b-boo…”, Des stuttered as he tried his hardest to regain his calm, “…s-sorry, I’m l-late…I…I h-had a thing earlier…”

 

“A THING?”, Beanstalk boomed, her Deep Southern drawl emitting a hint of suspicion.

 

Des gulped. “Y-yeah…you see… w-with work and stuff, I- “

 

“IT’S 10:30 DES…”, she replied impatiently. As she tapped her right foot, the shockwaves repeatedly propelled Des’ body off the ground as if he were jumping on a trampoline. She giggled as he bounced up and down; Charnise always took enjoyment over the extent of her power. Many men (and even a few Gigants) were intimidated by her imposing nature. Witnessing how even light taps from her foot rumbled her prey’s entire world gave her a sense of absolute godhood.

 

Des also felt this way; at this moment in time, Charnise held complete and utter dominion over his insignificant existence. It was as if he had been summoned before a monolith, ebony goddess, who was now in the process of judging whether he deserved to live or die.

 

Finally, Beanstalk stopped with the tapping; instead, she just stared at him, waiting to see what he was planning to do. Des took a deep breath and regained his posture. He then begrudgingly walked over to her left foot. As he got to the base of the slipper, he grasped the edge and began to scale it.

 

“WAIT!”

 

The boom alone catapulted him off the slipper. He turned to look at Beanstalk, who was lifting her right foot onto her left knee. As she removed her slipper, she murmured, “I have a better idea…”

 

With complete indifference, she unceremoniously dropped the slipper next to Des. From his perspective, the goddess’ first trial had just begun. The titanic, fuzzy monstrosity was falling towards him at an almost imperceptible speed. Screaming at the top of his lungs, Desmond ran as fast as his chubby legs could take him. As the gigantic monolith was about to land, he hurled himself with every ounce of strength in his body. The Earth shuddered with undeniable fury as the fuzzy meteor landed. As Des started to relax, another meteor landed within his vicinity. As he was regaining his balance, Beanstalk lower her head and parted her lips. 

“Choose.”

A questionable expression took over Des’ face momentarily before it hit him. To his left sat an elephantine slipper and to his right sat a white, mammoth mound, both of which waiting for its prey to enter its chamber.

 

Des palmed his forehead and furrowed his brows. “Fuck, you can’t be serious Charni- “

 

“You were late and now you have to make up for it.”, she replied in a matter-of-fact tone. Bits of moist sedan-sized lint rained from above as she giddily wiggled her long, slender toes. Since that morning, they had been imprisoned in her socks, forced to work, jump and maneuver as Beanstalk went through her daily routine as well as tonight’s intense game against Meteor State. As sweat dripped from the crevices of her toes, Charnise’s plump, leathery digits wiggled in glee as their prize for their hard work was about to choose his medium for punishment: either spend the evening trapped between them in her sock or underneath them in her slipper.

 

“B-but…it’s…I mean…”

 

Des tried to find the right words, but he knew that the giantess had already made her decision; now he just had to make his. 

 

Chapter End Notes:

Next chapter: More feet (shocker, I know.) Not sure which way I'll be taking Des' story, but either way, he's about to have a rough night ;)