- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

This chapter is mainly focused on building the world and explaining the terms that will be used regularly throughout the story. As the story progresses, the chapters will become more geared towards showing the characters interact with the giantesses around them.

 

 

*Like the rest of my stories, this one will also be heavily oriented on foot/sock fetishism. If that's not your cup of tea, please go elsewhere. With that being said, I will try (emphasis on the word, try, to incorporate more diversity to this story (E.g. bare feet, butt stuff, etc.) In the meantime, feel free to leave me some feedback and I hope you enjoy!

***

Since the "Schismatic Shift" in humanity, the presence of Gigants had changed the natural order. At some point during the twenty-second century, a new chemical crafted by MIT researchers had leaked into Massachusetts' public water supply. During the first few weeks, nothing changed; life went on as normal. The major shirt occurred about a month after the outbreak: as the chemical began to spread throughout the globe, billions of men began to witness an incredible reduction in size, some shrinking as small as 6 inches in height. By the time three months had past, the average height of the majority of the male population was about 3 inches.

 

The general public was terrified. Scientists from the most prestigious universities raced to find a cure to the epidemic, but to no avail. Like some of most infamous diseases, "nanoitis" (or NTS for short), as it eventually became known as, often transformed and adapted to the human body; thus, many vaccines and cures proved futile against its effects. Whereas women seemed to be immune to the effects of NTS, men suffered a great deal because of it. A year after the outbreak of NTS, the average height of the adult male was approximately 1.5 centimeter, which it has remained ever since. Many people tried to find natural ways to "beat" the virus (usually by avoiding water); however, as one may suspect, these efforts never proved to be successful. Even newborn infants were impacted by it; very rarely were boys born at a height larger than .5 millimeters.

 

After a few decades, like with many diseases, the global panic began to subside and society began to adapt to the new size of men. Communities were built for men to live in harmony; however, some opted to stay with their now gargantuan relatives.

 

Eventually, accommodations were made so that men could continue to co-habituate with women (whom were now known as Gigants).  Communities known as "Burrows" were built all around the globe. As with most commodities, the locations and conditions of Burrows depended upon one's class. The upper class usually either had private Burrows built inside their mansions or gated ones found in high-class hotels and fancy clubs. Some even created ones that looked and felt like their only miniature city (complete with skyscrapers, stores and streets). Conversely, the lower class Burrows were typically built in run-down buildings, sewers, or alleyways.

 

These Burrows were no stranger to controversy as it left many men susceptible to various predators like insects, birds, and rats. Two schools of thought began to evolve from this matter: The Gigants who believed that men should still be treated as equals, known as the Brobdingnagians (after the moral, kindhearted characters in Jonathan Swift's Gulliver Travels), and the Gigants who believed that men lost their humanity the moment they lost their height, known as the Amazonians (after the mythological race of warrior women who forbade men in their society). While some women remained neutral to the debate, most found themselves forced to chose one side or the other.

 

Of course, there were also radicals on each side: in the case of Amazonians (whereas most of them believed that an ultimate schism should be made between their world and that of men, intertwining only when necessary (e.g. mating)), most didn't believe that one should go out of one's way to harm men; However, the Titanide party were radicals whom believed men to be completely subhuman on par with bugs, and thus, wanted not a schism, but rather an enslavement of all males. Many were known to capture men and keep them as servants, and while this practice was frown upon by society, very rarely were the laws that forbade this enforced, or even in the cases of some U.S. states like North Carolina and Texas, even passed into legislature.

 

Believing that the murder of a man was the same as the murder of a bug, many of the Titanide argued that a man's death at the hands of a Gigant should not be punishable by law. Some of the Titanides, known as Laestrygonians (or Laes for short), took this school of thought to the next level by opening restaurants that served men in dishes. While many of these restaurants were illegal and considered unorthodox by the general public (even the Amazonians), they were still quite the prevalent issue in today's society. In fact, very rarely were Laestrygonians actually arrested for eating men. It was somewhat of a common belief that most women had, at one point in their lives (in some cases, by accident) devoured at least one man. Thus, usually the ones who were reprimanded under these laws were the ones who were known by many to eat large quantities of men (~2,000+). An estimated 23% of the leading causes of Gigants-related deaths of men were believed to have stemmed from the Laestrygonians.

 

In the case of Brobdingnagians, whom believed that men and Gigants should live in harmony together, the radicals in their doctrine took a stance that was actually somewhat similar to that of the Titanides. Dubbed "Nanophiliacs", these people believed that, while men were still indeed human, their rights should be placed in the hands of their Gigant counterparts. Nanophiliacs were infamous for capturing men and keeping them as pets and toys, allowing them very little freedom. This was also frowned upon by society.

***

 

Now, in the year 2175, life for women had seemingly changed for the better. Crime rates dropped dramatically over the past century (especially in terms of high class felonies such as murder and rape.) The vast majority of countries have converted to matriarchal societies, and, while a handful of men still held influential positions in society, women had quickly rose to the upper echelon and dominated the majority of successful positions (e.g. CEOs, doctors, politicians, etc.)

 

The world of athletics was no exception. Devon and Desmond Smalls had heard stories from their grandfather (who had, in turn, heard of them from his father) of what life used to be like in the pre-Schismatic Shift era. Stories were told of men towering over Gigants and dominating the world. They heard stories of the world spectating as men as tall as 7-feet-tall played sports like basketball, soccer, and football. But, as the size of men diminished over time, so did the relevancy of men athletics. Of course, organizations like the NBA and NFL still existed; however, it wasn't long before the world realized that men the size of pill bugs playing those sports tended to be a lot less…exciting to say the least. Meanwhile, watching women the size of metropolises play these same sports gave way to a whole new era of athletics (the amount of money the Gigant executives funneled to these organizations for marketing, stadiums, and the like also, of course, played a large role in the increasing popularity). According to their grandpa, whereas sport leagues like the WNBA used to be somewhat of a joke among men in the past, nowadays watching those games was like watching gods clash on a cosmic scale.

 

***

Standing a little shorter than the average, at 1.35 centimeters, Devon had always been a little intimidated by Gigants. Horror stories of the evils that Gigants were capable of were in no short-supply in the Burrows (especially regarding the radical Titanides, the cannibalistic Laestrygonians, or the "self-proclaiming saviors" known as the Nanophiles).

 

He and his brother, Desmond had grown up in a small, middle-lower class Burrow named Starstreet, located in a small alleyway in the city. While there was the occasional roach, mantis or crow, that would swoop in and attack the community, Starstreet was well-guarded by the local police force. It was built in a small alcove in the alleyway, so very rarely was it subject to an encounter with an unaware Gigant.

 

They were raised by their father and grandpa. Their mother, as they learned when they were in their teens, was an avid member of the Titanides. After falling in love with their father and giving birth to them (Devon first, and then, three years later, Desmond), she found herself conflicted with the strong love for her family and her devout stance on her beliefs. Unable to come to grips with herself, she disappeared one night, and was never heard from again. A week after the Gigant police officially declared her missing, their father, fearing that her Titanide mother and sisters would soon arrive to take over the studio apartment where she had lived, grabbed the boys and some of their belongings and fled across town to Starstreet. Since then, they have lived with their gramps in peace, with very minimal interaction with the Gigants.

 

Devon was never much of a sports fan in his teen years. Sure, he'd watch a soccer game on the tv here, play a pick-up game of basketball there; but he was never the type of guy who considered himself a "fan" per say. His passion was more oriented towards literature; specifically, he loved to read and write. When Dev turned eighteen, he decided that he wanted to go to UCH, or the University of Charlotte, to study literature. He knew that, though the school had a great educational program, it was also co-ed, which meant that he would need to confront his fears and general distrust of Gigants.

 

These feat was a lot easier than he initially thought; during freshman orientation and over the course of his first year at UCH, he made plenty of friends, including numerous Gigants. While he was far from being the most popular student on campus, he certainly felt that, by the end of his freshmen year, he knew about 5% of an overall class body of about 12,000 students.

 

Most of the Gigants he knew were very friendly and outgoing; even the ones who identified themselves as members of the Amazonian party tended to be surprisingly respectful to him and the other men. One Gigant in particular caught his eye: her name was Jess. She was about 5'8 in height, which, at his perspective was roughly the size of a skyscraper. She had light-brown skin and black hair that was fizzy and kept in a tiny ponytail. She had a long face, with a big smile, two bubbly eyes, and a small, bulbous nose. Every time she saw him, she would greet him by yelling, "Devie!" She then run up to him, usually oblivious to the other tinies running for cover, and pluck him into her arms for a hug that often caused his body to go numb (both figuratively and literally). While Dev, like most men, had enjoyed pornographic images of Gigants in the past, Jess was his first real crush. As such, usually when they spoke, he stuttered and spoke softly, promptly her to often reply in her signature loud-but-affable tone, "Repeat that? I couldn't hear you! Speak up!"

 

There's an old belief that a crush usually starts to fade after the third month. Dev felt that there was some truth to this mantra; as he hung out with Jess more, he started to become more cognizant of her flaws. She was very clumsy at times, often to his expense. Quite often, he found himself running away from her massive feet as she obliviously scanned the area for him. Another flaw was her regard for personal hygiene. As a member of the women basketball team, she was very often coated in sweat whenever he saw her. The worst days were the ones where he would agree to meet her in the student lounge of their dorm, and, having just returned after six hours of practice, she would plop onto the couch, completely oblivious of his tiny body struggling underneath her immense weight and the mesh short-clad butt of hers that was drenched in sweat as well. Usually, on those days, he'd stay trapped under her for hours as she watched a movie or check her Facesnap or Tweetagram profiles. Still, he was sad to learn early the following year that she had transferred, especially since he had decided, prior to arriving on campus, that he was finally asked her out on a date. Strangely though, despite Jess transferring, Dev considered, looking back, his sophomore year to actually be his greatest. That was the year he learned of his true life calling: Sport journalism.

 

***

 

Early that year, after he had watched one of the women basketball games, he had decided to write, out of shear boredom, a blog post on the UCH sports team.  The appearances of the courts had change very little over the years; the court floors were still wooden, the UCH Lionesses Logo was painted on the center of the court in the school colors (bright yellow and white), and the skylights rained down upon the entering crowd as if the heavens opened and released its magnificent radiance. The most striking differences were linked to the FOTW.  In order to accommodate the male fans, attached to the railing surrounding the upper section in the gym was a shuttle to the gym's Fly-On-The-Wall (or FOTW), a special, rectangular barrier made of plastic with a large window facing the court. As Dev entered the area, he was completely taken back by the atmosphere. Inside the "FOTW" was plush, dark cobalt carpet, state-of-the-art sitting, and the sweet scent of cotton candy and popcorn wafting from the concession counter. As he was waiting to be served, he noticed a sticker on the window stating that it was "shock-proof" glass. Shrugging off the implications of the message, he took his box of licorice and cup of water, and took a seat in the front row. He noticed that, out of the hundred seats available, he was one of three people who decided to sit in the front row.

 

"Man, I envy your courage.", he heard remarked from one of the students walking past him.

 

"Had to grab the best seats in the house." He replied in a slightly overconfident tone.

 

The kid chuckled and turned to him. "This is your first b-ball game, isn't it?"

 

Dev blushed a little. "Is it that obvious?", he joked.

 

The kid chuckled again and pointed to the side of his chair. There was a pair of headphones connected to the seating.

 

"You're gonna need those, bro." was the last thing he said as he shuffled up about 5 rows and found a seat near the aisle.

 

Dev placed the headphones around his neck. He wondered if he really was gonna need them. Just then, a sonorous horn thundered throughout the gymnasium. The loud blast was followed by roars of the Gigant fans seated in front of the container. Their shouts and cheers almost immediately deafened Dev, and their jumping on the stands shook the facility with the magnitude of an active volcano ready to erupt at any given second. He hastily placed the headphones over his ears, and emitted a sigh of relief as the noise was dumbed down to a more bearable level. He then turned to see that many of his fellow men were joining the insanity; luckily, their size did not cause him to go deaf or fear for the constitution of the FOTW.

 

Watching the titans play was much more exciting than Devon had anticipated. Watching something so big move so fast and jump so high was absolutely awe-inspiring. Even from where he sat, he could tell that the athletes towered over the Gigants he has been used to seeing. Not only that, but he was surprised to see that, despite the stereotypes of women ballers being ugly, that was not the case with most of his school's roster. Aside from the storm of sweat that coated the players and their intimidatingly competitive demeanor, Dev thought most of the players to be cute.

 

After the game ended, Dev found himself standing among the crowd of fans, cheering and stomping the ground with exuberance. It was that moment when he found himself in love with the sport: everything from the ambience to the players. After posting to his blog, he decided that he wanted to see more of the action. On a whim, the question, "Why not try journalism?" popped into his brain. He decided that it wouldn't hurt to try, and so the following semester, he signed up for a course in journalism 101. After taking the class with Dr. Lester, one of the college's best instructors, he was convinced that his heart belonged in the realm of journalism. However, he found himself hesitant to forgo his love for literature. Thus, he determined that the best choice for him would be to major in Sports Journalism and downgrade Literature to a minor. The rest is history.

***

Devon lied on his couch, staring at the messages app on his Samsung.

 

"No new messages." the screen read.

 

Devon sighed and pressed the top button on his smartphone, putting it to sleep. He then rose his head, glancing out his glass side-door. Dark-orange light coated the sky as the sunset fell upon the horizon. He turned on his phone again, wondering what time it was.

 

"6:06 pm."

 

He sighed again, straightening his body on the sofa. His leg, having fallen asleep, trembled as he attempted to readjust it.

 

He glanced at his phone again, fearing this time that Ariel forgot.

 

Forgot about their meeting. About their "arrangement".

 

"The basketball game began at 3:30 pm.", Devon thought, "Shouldn't it have ended by now?"

 

 

As Devon was growing impatient, he heard a knock on the front door. He sluggishly rose from the plush sofa and dragged his feet to the door. The person he was waiting for was not going to be using the front door, he thought to himself. He checked the peephole and confirmed his suspicions; it was Des standing with his signature blue and silver camera hanging from his neck. As Des rose his hand to knock again, Devon opened it and welcomed him inside.

 

"So, she ain't here yet?", Des asked.

 

"Trust me: when she gets here, you'll know.", Dev responded with a hint of irritation in his voice.

 

They sat on opposing ends of the sofa, checking their phones. Des texted Ariel, "Bro here. Where are you?"

 

Of all the players, Ariel tended to be the hardest to get in touch with; her phone was a model that was about nine-years-old. Many of her friends implored her to buy a new one, but she just didn't have the time or the money.

 

Devon sat on the sofa with his arms closed.

 

Desmond glanced at his sibling. "What wrong with you?", he inquired.

 

"Nothing…", Dev responded slightly exasperated, a pinch of frustration lurking in his tone. He sighed, then continued, "it's just…they are all like this, you know. I mean ALL of them…don't get me wrong, I'm not mad…it's just frustrating, you know…I hate it when other guys don't respect my time, but when they do it…I don't know…it's just not as condescending." He turned and saw that Des was nodding in agreement, his attention partially focused on what his brother was saying, partially on his phone.

 

Dev finished, "It's like they all don't see us as people. The only difference is that Amazonians aren't afraid to admit it."

 

Des snickered, "Bruh, you already know they gonna reply. It was a tough game against Meteor State. My friend says that when they were leaving the court, she overheard them talking bout how they couldn't wait to see ITSOG tonight."

 

Devon shuttered a little bit. He began to reflect upon the decisions he has made and the crazy path his career has taken.

 

***

 His career path had not taken the turn he'd initially hoped for during his time in school. He graduated with a 3.1 GPA; he later discovered that, in order to get a well-paying job as a sports journalist, one was going to need both connections and a stellar GPA. He had no connections and his GPA, while impressive to many, was still not quite enough to be competitive. Thus, upon graduation, he moved in with Desmond, whom had just finished his freshman year.

 

The two of them lived in a well-to-do Burrow called "Jack's Treehouse"; its rent was affordable, and it stood just downhill from the campus dormitories, making it a popular choice among the students.

 

Desmond, like Devon, was a good student hoping to start a career in sports journalism. He, however, lacked his brother's overall love for the game. What drew him to the field were the women.

 

Desmond was different from Devon in so many ways that it was common for them to hear someone ask, "Are you guys really related?" Unlike Devon, who looked mature, slim, and stood at 1.35 cm, Desmond had a baby-face, had a "big-boned" frame", and was a little taller than he was (standing at 1.4 cm). Also, unlike his brother's somewhat reserved personality, Desmond was much more outgoing, especially with Gigants. The ladies found his charm cute, and often, almost daily, he heard girls cry about how they would love to take him home and keep him. Lastly, whereas Devon did not particularly have a huge thing for Gigants, Des embraced his macrophilia (most men had no choice nowadays but to do so.) He, in particular, enjoyed the thought of a giantess dominating him, especially when she used her feet to do so. He was never outspoken about his fetish for sweaty socks and feet, but many of the Gigants he was close to knew about it; provided that he felt close to her, Des was always willing to give his Gigant friends a foot massage. This only made him all the more popular among the Gigant students.

 

Devon and Desmond, despite their differences in personality, turned out to make a great team. After a couple years full of job rejections and the mundane monotony of his part-time job in a local retail shop, Devon finally decided to start his own news reporting company. He named it, "In the Shoes of Giants", with the company's mission to reveal a day-in-the-life of random Gigants around campus. He hired Desmond initially as his cameraman (and only employee); however, all of that changed two months after they opened for business.

 

The first two months were quite unsuccessful. At first, the brothers had a handful of Gigants volunteer to do stories for them, but when it became evident that the stories were selling papers, the number of volunteers dwindled. One day, that all changed. Des was one day making a trek to Taco King to get some dinner, when he was suddenly confronted with a series of tremors. Being surrounded by Gigants, he originally thought nothing of it. It was when he heard a "Aww, look how cute he is!" that everything changed.

 

He got home late the next day, and told Devon nothing about where he had been. All he would tell was that ITSOG was in business, and that their luck was about to change tomorrow morning. Dev kept pressing him for details to no avail. Finally, that morning at 9:00 am, Des woke Devon up. "Get dressed; we're gonna be late, and if we're late, we don't get paid." Des said as he shook his brother. Dev, although still quite drowsy from his rude awakening, was admittedly puzzled and curious about the new, mysterious assignment. He got dressed, brushed his teeth, and together, they jogged out the door.

 

As they made their way to the exit of the Jack's Treehouse, they stopped and waited for the shuttle to arrive. As they waited, Des turned to his brother and said, "So, I figure, since we're now partners of in the Shoes of Giants, I'll fill you in."

 

"What?! What the fuck you talking bout?", Devon replied, perplexed.

 

"I'm your new partner now.", Des replied solemnly.

 

Devon shook his head, and as he was about to open his mouth, Desmond cut him off, "Here's the deal: I have great news, very good news, and, depending on how you look at it, either amazing news or horrible news. Depends on what your opinion."

 

Devon let him continue. He took a deep breath and explained, "So, yesterday, I was stopped by a couple of the basketball players. They were a couple of the newbies. GOD, were they huge!" He raised his right arm as high as he could and said, "I'm talking, like, if they wanted to get rid of this Burrow, all they have to do is send just one of them. Cute as fuck though. Both of them."

 

He saw Dev whirl his hand in the motion to signal "Get to the point", and continued his story, "So, last night, they had just played one of the best teams in the country. I think it was Allister College or something, doesn't matter." He leaned forward.

 

"What matters is that they lost, and of course, they were all pretty pissed about it. When they found me, they were headed over to one of their teammate's place for a little team kickback."

 

Des exhaled deeply and got to the point, " They were honestly about to kidnap me. I could feel it. The two girls I ran into were… well they were both in a crappy mood…but I figured, "fuck it, what's the harm?" He paused momentarily to see that Dev's face was turning red with rage, and then continued, "I went with them to the party…and it was actually pretty dope. Granted there were a few Amazonians there, a few Titanides…but overall, everyone just wanted to have a good time. I told them that you and I ran a little business called In the Shoes of Giants, and before I could explain what we do, one of the girls yelled, "Ohhhh, I've hear of y'all. Y'all are one of those portable masseuses." When she said that, every Gigant's face, and I mean EVERY ONE OF THEIR FACES, lit up, like I told that they had all won an all-expense-paid trip to Paris. Even the Titanides were acting more friendly. They were all clamoring about how sore their feet were and how they could really use a massage…"

 

Devon began to say, "But, you said we weren-"

 

Des interrupted, "Yeah, yeah, I said we weren't…"

 

As Devon began to relax, he heard, "but here's the thing: right when they all started falling back into their bad moods, I said, "Wait now, you guys let me finish; we're more than that. You see, our mission to show the world the day-in-the-life of a Gigant athlete."

 

"No…no, it's not."

 

"Shut-up and let me finish. I said that, and then I told them that we get athletes to interview with us…in return for favors."

 

Devon's eyebrow rose. "What kind of favors?"

 

"I said that we would love to get a one-on-one with each of you guys; just name your price. I turned to the girl who initially brought up the footrubs. A humongous cutie named Kourtney Powers."

 

Devon recalled what Kourtney Powers looked like. He recalled that she was a 6'1 dark ebony Gigant with long, flowing black hair and a pearl-white smile that lit up a room.

 

"The funny thing is, even though she's a Titanide, you wouldn't know it by the way she acts. She's really goofy and down-to-earth. She had me dying when I was rubbing her left foot."

 

"…Why'd you rub her feet?", Devon asked slowly, afraid that he knew where this was going.

 

"Because she agreed to give us an interview after practice today.", Des stated matter-of-factly.

 

Devon rolled his eyes.

 

"You think…that a Gigant…nay, a Titanide…is gonna keep her word…especially when, as you noticed, she's not the kind of person who takes things seriously?"

 

Des looked into his brother's eyes and said, "Look. You and I know damn well that we haven't made a dime since we founded this company. Now, when we finally catch a break, you're telling me that you're not willing to take a risk to make a profit?! Here's the deal: best case scenario is she does the interview, no strings attached. Worst case: she played us, which is also fine. After I rubbed her left foot, I had almost the whole team lining up begging to be next. Unfortunately, it was getting late, so I had to cut my time short. But, I promised them that we'd stop by after practice. I know you didn't want people to think of our business that way…but it’s the only way we can make this work."

 

Devon bowed his head and rubbed his forehead. A reluctant "Alright, not like we have any other options" murmured from his lips. Then, something popped into his head.

 

"Was that all the news? Sounded like you have three things to say.", he inquired.

 

Just then, blocking the sunrise stood an immense, godlike figure in the distance.

 

Des quickly spoke, "Oh yeah."

 

The figure started to move towards Jack's Treehouse. Its steps shook the very foundation of the Burrow.

 

"Let's see…", Des said to himself, trying to remember the key points in his persuasive speech.

 

Booms quaked throughout the Burrow. People stared to scream and panic. The shockwaves rocked the brothers off their feet.

 

As the giantess approached, Des finally remembered what he was gonna point out.

 

"Great news is the head coach was at the party. She's a great person; I have no doubt you're gonna love her. She said that, as long as this stuff stays off the books, we'll be fine."

 

The giantess' shadow began to loom over the Burrow and beyond.

 

"Good news is we'll be getting not only courtside sitting on game day, but also exclusive interviews with the players and maybe even some of the coachs."

 

The two penultimate quakes signifying to the inhabitants that their new god had arrived was the strongest, knocking nearly every man in the Burrow on his ass and trembling every building. Dead silence swept throughout the Burrow. Only two noises broke the quiet. One was stemming from the fabric of the giantess' mesh shorts leg as it rose. The men inside the Burrow wanted to collectively scream, yet none did. All of them froze in terror, as they feared that today, this August morning, was going to be their last day before transcending into the afterlife.

 

The other sound that broke the stillness was Des' answer to the last portion of Devon's question.

 

"The news that you're probably gonna be wishy-washy on is this. Since the name of our company is In the Shoes of Giants…"

 

Just as those words escaped Desmond's vocal cords, the entire ground between jolted violently. A dust cloud swept through the street, and proceeded to coat the entire Burrow in ash and debris. A few moments past, the thunderous howls of laughter shook the young men. Her words, though sing-songy and childish in tune, sent shivers down Devon's spine. The giantess was singing, "I'm gonna get my footrub! I'm gonna get my footrub!"

 

As the dust cleared, the inhabitants began to notice a distinct, thick…odor. The smell of corn chips and malted vinegar enveloped the community. As the men began to collectively retch and cough from the pungency and the humidity, the echoed laughter grew louder, sending even more tremors throughout the community.

 

Desmond covered his nose. "Damn, I knew it was gonna be bad…but not this bad."

 

As he made that remark, a monstrosity that seemed to be the source of the smell descended upon them. It tapped against the granite streets, the magnitude bulldozing the brothers over and sending them flying back a few meters.

 

"Yo Des! I'm ready!", the voice rained down from above. It was low-pitched, yet feminine, and had a hint of a southern accent. The Gigant was easily the largest Devon had ever seen in his life. Her immensity and nonchalance was horrifying to him; yet, he could not help but feel some ounce of calm and tranquility as her strikingly beautiful brown eyes and pearl-white teeth gleaming down upon him. Her body was slender and fit, perfectly snug in her white and yellow jersey. Extending from her mesh shorts were two shaven, toned pillars, each wearing an old, ripe gym sock covering her muscular calves. On her left foot, a colossal pink Nike was still fitted; the other foot was just wearing the sock, resting upon an entire street block, the ground gradually sinking from the giant's weight. Her toes wriggled in the thick yellowish-white cotton fabric, as if ecstatically waiting for the arrival of fresh prey. It continued crushing any debris (and men) whom were unfortunate enough to find themselves under the goddess' monolithic foot.

 

As Devon gulped, Desmond scratched his head. Dev's eyes widened, tears running down his cheeks. He was hoping…nay, praying to God or whatever celestial being in charge of the cosmos to please, please not confirm what he so desperately feared his brother roped them into. His prayers were answered. Rejected, but answered; as the giantess looked down at the two tiny morsels standing by her feet, she grinned and knelt down, her weight crushing even more of the Burrow's remains.

 

 "So, I left out the fact that…um…last night…I only rubbed her left foot…and…"

 

Devon placed his finger over Desmond's mouth. As Kourtney lowered her redwood-like fingers towards them, whispering, "Oh Des!", he knew where their fate was headed. He wanted to flee, but she could easily catch him.

 

He felt her soft fingers as she gently lifted them off the ground. He wanted to yell at his brother for taking his dream and turning it into a punchline, but he couldn't. Part of him truly believed that, deep down, this really was the only way he could become a successful journalist. She lifted them over to the funnel that was her Nike. The beads of sweat Devon saw on her forehead, along with the intense humidity and cheesy stench of the discarded sneaker immediately gave it away: she had just come from practice.

 

As he was being lowered into the cavern, he heard, "Now, my five-minute break's bout to run out, so I'm gonna have to jog back to the gym."

 

As the men reached the floor, they noticed that the sole of the shoe was matted. The atmosphere was like the humidity of the rainforest combined with the stench of a locker room. Underneath them, inside a faded white circle, the number "13" was transcribed. As their new prison began to rock and the light from the opening was replaced by the white behemoth, Dev heard the giantess laughed, "Remember, a deal's a deal. I better feel them rubs and kisses under my toesies. If you guys do that, I'll do your dumb little interview."

 

As she finished, the white fibers in the toe area of her sock captured the brothers and dragged them to the end.

 

Not only did the sock increase the smell tenfold, but the sweat and thick fabric of the sock held Devon in place.

 

Once she felt the two mites under her foot, one under the sole and the other in the crevice next to her big toe, Kourtney smiled contently at her newest companions. The brothers felt the sock pushed harder against as Kourtney tied her shoelaces and began jogging towards the gymnasium.

 

Thus, marked the true beginning of the ITSOG…

Chapter End Notes:

Hope you enjoyed this chapter. Next chapter, we'll follow the brothers as they get a "taste" of the basketball player lifestyle. 

 

*Edits: made a couple edits today; nothing major, just some grammar faux pas I found*