- Text Size +
I sat, confounded, trying to watch Episode III. My wife watched it beside me, her hand in mine, as nonchalant as though nothing at all had just happened. But I'd seen it. Everyone in the audience had seemed to see it, hear it, watch it... a preview showing Elly as the five-hundred foot woman, destroying New York in a rampage of violence and sex. She'd crushed tanks and helicopters, used a building to masturbate herself, posed naked with one foot on the roof of a domed government structure... and nobody else in the theater seemed to remember.

The movie drew my attention in spite of myself. I watched Obi-Wan and Anakin fly their fighters among battling capital ships, an astounding combination of music, sound and beautiful visuals, and hope swelled that this would finally be the movie I'd been waiting for. Then the buzzbots hit and I knew it wasn't going to be perfect. It seemed like the two Jedi said the word "buzzbots" thirty times in two minutes, just to emphasize that dignity would be lacking.

They burst into General Greivous's ship, rescued the Chancellor, killed Dooku and rode the flaming remains of the spacecraft down through the atmosphere of Coruscant, and then something exciting happened.

I swore I felt Elly's hand on my arm a split-second before it happened; as I saw the unbelievable on the screen for the second time that night I reached over to feel her empty seat. It was still warm, as though she'd stood up a heartbeat earlier- but I hadn't seen her go. She was just gone.

Or, rather, she was in the movie. The half-destroyed starcruiser's plummet had ended when my wife, at least two thousand feet tall, caught its flaming remains with both hands. It was the size of a basketball to her, though it seemed to have the proper heft to be expected from a metal object. Elly was still naked, or naked again, depending on your perspective... she stumbled backwards after making the catch, hugging the ship to her breasts, unbothered by the flames. One bare foot stepped through a domelike metal structure, punching through the great dome and exploding the walls below it.

Elly said, "Be more careful where you put your toys, boys," and grunted with the effort of throwing the ship- again, like a basketball- toward a point miles away. The blazing wreckage crashed and bounced, strewing bits of itself across hundreds of streets, finally sliding into the wide base of the Imperial Palace.

As the Palace came down, my wife caught up with her missle and stood over the remains. She grew again, expanding until she could place one foot on either side of the mile-wide bonfire that had been the Republic's center of government. The rising heat from the fire stirred her neatly-trimmed pubic hair and she giggled. "That tickles."

Elly bent at the waist, presenting her naked rump to the camera, and spread her arms wide. As she did this, she grew even more, tripling her already unimaginable height. Her fingers dug into the metal skin of Coruscant as she brought both hands together, scooping up a square mile of infrastructure and smaller buildings. The viewpoint on the screen switched to a small triangle-topped tower; a man in a silver tunic was standing on a balcony, watching the wave of destruction approach just ahead of my wife's right ring finger. He leaped desperately to his death and the "Wilhelm scream" could be heard along with the rumbling cityquake.

She rose up, holding an irregular section of the city between her hands. It was the size of a small town. Elly asked, "Enjoying the view, lover?" Then she pushed her hands together, curving her fingers like claws, and crumpled the metal and stone in her grasp until it was nothing but rubble. She winked at the camera and said, "There's more where this came from... but this is enough for now."

I blinked, the screen flickered and I was once again watching Anakin land the fire-ship on a runway, and again, only Elly and I knew what had just happened.

I whispered, "Am I hallucinating?"

She shook her head. "No, we're slipping sideways, kind of. And then we're coming back where we left off."

"That doesn't make sense."

"Then pinch yourself, Davy, you must be dreaming..." Her tone was one of disappointment. I somehow thought I was failing a test. She went on, "I thought you'd like it as much as me."

I gulped and said, "Uh... yes."

Elly leaned close enough that her red lips were brushing my left earlobe. Her breath was cool. She asked, "Do you think I'm sexy as a giantess?"

Talk about something new... but even if it hadn't been strangely exciting, I'd have answered the same way: "I have never wanted you more than I want you right now."

I could feel her smile against my ear. "Well, wait for the movie to get out, at least. Fresh!"