- Text Size +

Biff didn't know where he was. He was somewhere dark and stifling hot, very crowded. He was in some kind of vehicle or container that jostled around a lot, with large objects that bumped into him and knocked him over whenever he tried to stand. Screaming was useless, as was trying to find an exit - the entire room seemed shrouded in dense fabric. He decided he could only wait things out and hope they made sense later.

His morning had started simply enough. He woke up in his room lined with posters of football players and wrestlers. He stretched his developing teenage muscles, had a shower, and got dressed for the day. At the breakfast table he teased his younger sister, Megan, though she didn't react as colorfully as she usually did. Was that strange? Should he have paid attention to that? He didn't think anything of it at the time. Sometimes she had off-days and wouldn't scream back at him or run crying for her mom, but today she almost seemed like she was hiding a smile. He didn't even notice at the time, thinking about the big game coming up this weekend.

Biff was line defense on the high school football team, so most of his friends were ogrish jerks like he was. They had the run of the school, between popularity and physical intimidation, and so much power ruined their minds. Biff was by no means the worst of the bunch but he was bad enough, picking on his sister and her friends mercilessly. She was a sophomore and he was a senior. Megan's friends had crushes on him for no good reason: he wasn't particularly striking, he was simply on the football team and they were in search of an idol. He made a show of chagrin that they followed him around like ducklings whenever he ran into them, but secretly he was flattered and would entertain fantasies of getting them alone... or all together. Regardless, he treated them with as much contempt and dismissal as he did his own sister.

However, once he got to school that day, they weren't quite so annoying, at least not in their usual way. Instead of thronging around him and asking him stupid questions just to get some attention from him, they stayed in their little groups and grinned at him, turning away whenever he looked at them. At this point he'd started to get concerned about the odd behavior but his buddies found him and distracted him from prolonged thought.

"Biff! Biffster!" they chanted, hustling him down the hallway like bulls. "You all ready for the big game in two days? You gonna keep us safe while we do all the work?"

He laughed and planted his feet, effectively stopping them in their tracks. When he started to push them backwards they broke apart on all sides and he charged through, stumbling to recover himself. They laughed about it and joked around some more. One of their group reached out and knocked the books out of a much smaller kid's hands. The kid stared at them in a mixture of fury and fear before finally bending down to reassemble his homework and scuttling away. This entertained them greatly and sustained the breeze of mirth they rode that day.

Biff happened to glance down the hallway after the kid and caught the image of Megan's friends staring at him silently. They were not laughing or smiling, but stared at him with dark eyes. Biff was a little shaken by this, as he assumed that by dint of being a high school football player the whole world loved him automatically and he could do no wrong. It was a little unnerving to see a group of former admirers turn so dark on him... But again, before he could think about it too long, his friends jostled him out of his dark reverie and dragged him off to class.

The rest of the day went fairly smoothly and he quite forgot about the morning's upset. He waved his friends off and went to the parking lot for his car (he made his sister ride the bus so as not to be seen with him), thinking about calling some of the cheerleaders up this afternoon and arranging for multiple dates over the weekend. He unlocked his car door and was sitting in the driver's seat with the door closed before he noticed anything was wrong.

Megan was sitting beside him in the passenger's seat. "Hi, Biff," she said frostily.

He stared at her in confusion and mounting outrage. "Megan... Megan!? What the hell are you doing here, runt? Get out of my car!" He drew back to hit her when he felt two little mounds of cold metal on the nape of his neck, heard the stifled giggles of girls in his backseat, and then his body shot through with hundreds of volts of electricity.

Things got hazy at that point. He remembered sitting on a huge platform of leather or plastic with an enormous wall of the same behind him, and then his entire body was squeezed by... he didn't know what. It was warm and soft, but so completely massive that it nearly engulfed his entire body. The girls' giggling was everywhere, resounding in his ears, and he thought he heard Megan saying, "Here, you guys take him, I'm sick of him." Abruptly gravity shifted, wind rushed around his head, and the enormous fleshy grip around him released momentarily. All he knew was rushing air and tumbling gently through space before slamming into a broad, fabric-covered wall. He tumbled into a larger sheet of fabric and immediately settled into a valley of warmth.

He couldn't tell what was beneath the huge sheets of cloth but they were two long, massive, soft hills or ridges that ran along either side of him. His ears exploded with more squealing, and the valley he rested in rumbled and jostled with violent activity. He thought he heard a girl's voice shrieking, "Eeek! He's on me! Get him off! Get him off!" and impossibly more laughter, before another fleshy grip seized him and crushed the air out of his lungs. Before he blacked out he dimly perceived being thrust into the room in which he currently found himself, and that was that.

There he was, not knowing where the hell "there" was nor understanding precisely what had happened. All he knew was that when he caught up with Megan she was in for the beating of her life, and he probably was going to direct his friends to mess up her little friends as well. And nothing had better have happened to his car, that was for sure.

He had no idea that in scant minutes, that stupid car was going to be one of the last things on his mind.