- Text Size +

Something Has Got to Give

Eyes on the heated, excited nipple under his hands, Nick slowly shook his head. “No,” he murmured. As erotic and sexy as it was, this was wrong. Like sacrificing his soul, he just couldn’t do it. 

“Don’t stop now little one,” Asha pleaded, tone sultry and full of want.

Looking up, “I can’t do this,” he said with almost a surprise look on his face. Yes, his cock was hard, yes that little voice in the back of his mind was whispering capitulation.

Asha frowned, “What do you mean you can’t do it? Are you kidding me right now?” she demanded, voice growing stern as she stared at the little figure on her breast.

Shrugging, Nick chuckled again, “I can’t do it. I can’t give in. I mean I thought I could, I thought I could just give you want you wanted, but I can’t,” he stated, raising his eyebrows and pursing his lips.

“You’ve started something that needs to be finished, you can’t just quit,” she growled over an evil insistent laugh.

He laughed in return, finding some inner peace within himself for having remained true, “I just did,” he replied.

Shifting herself more upright, he grabbed hold of the protruding flesh to prevent from tumbling down her body. “You will finish this!” she asserted, pointing a finger at him.

“Listen, I know you’re going to do what you feel you need to and we both know there’s not a goddamn thing I can do to stop you, but in all honesty, I think I would rather be this small with my sense of self intact rather than surrender to myself you for a chance at restoration,” he explained, shaking his head.

“You are a fool Nicholas Tasker! A complete and utter fool!” she impugned, eyes fierce.

Grinning, he nodded, “A fool I may be, but at least I remembered who I was before giving in to you.”

Reaching her right hand up, she seized him off her chest, grip firm and uncompromising as she brought him in front of her face. “Do you know the things I am going to do to you?” she asked menacingly, her warm breath rolling over him.

The force was such it was hard for him to breathe, “Probably not, but it really doesn’t matter what you do. You have the power to shatter my bones, pull my arms and legs off, even take my life but even with all your advantages, you can never break my spirit,” he asserted.

“How can you be so bloody stubborn?” she asked rhetorically, shaking her head from side to side.

Grinning, “It’s a gift,” he provided despite the fact she wasn’t actually looking for an answer.

“I suppose if I told you I could keep you forever as my little pet, that your father wouldn’t even bat an eye if I told him you ran away, that wouldn’t bother you?” she inquired.

“It’s true, you could and I don’t think it’s a stretch that he wouldn’t believe you if you told him that,” he agreed.

“You are completely and totally impossible,” she said with a chuckle, face brightening. In all her days, never had she encountered such determined defiance, ever.

“You are not the first to say so,” he replied. What would she do? He fully understood the stand he was taking. She could do all the things he had mentioned to her and so much more he daren’t even consider, but he would not yield.

She stared at him hard, dark eyes boring into him as if seeking a crack in his resolve. There was none.

Suddenly her face lit up, transformed by a smile, “Nick, we don’t have to be at odds here,” she offered pleasantly.

“Fix me and we won’t be,” he replied directly. “No harm no foul.”

Setting down on the bed, she rolled off the side, standing over him, a slight smile on the corner of her mouth, “Alright already,” she said. “You win, I’ll fix you.”

Nick stared up at her. Had he triumphed or was it a ploy? Was she really going to do it or was this just another one of the tricks in her arsenal meant to mess with his head?

Bringing her hands together over top of him, she rubbed them, almost like she was wringing them as she closed her eyes. Her lips were moving, but she wasn’t making a sound he could hear.

Parting her hands, she clapped them together forcefully, making a loud cracking noise. Opening her eyes, she grinned down at him, “There,” she said.

He didn’t feel any different. He thought there might have been a tingle, but nothing appeared to be happening.

“It’s not working,” she said, eyes narrowing, brow furling, tone a mixture of disbelief and anger.

“What do you mean?” he inquired, crossing his arms and making a sour face.

“I mean it’s not working. You should have started growing, rapidly,” she asserted.

Uncurling his arms, he extended them out to his sides, “In case you hadn’t noticed, not growing,” he said, keeping derision out of his tone.

“No, I see that,” she retorted sarcastically. Closing her eyes, she repeated the process. Still nothing, he remained unchanged.

Smiling wryly, “Give it up. You got called on your bluff, let it go,” he said.

“No, you don’t understand. I can do this but there must be something interfering with my ability to alter your size. It has to be whatever it was in that cloud from Hester’s brew that’s blocking it and preventing me from restoring you,” she speculated, nodding slowly.

Nick shook his head. She sounded convincing, her body language too, but as he said to her, the end result was still the same, he was small and the prospect of him being returned to normal were fading like a dream upon waking.

“Dammit,” she cursed, stalking across the room and exiting, leaving him alone on the bed.

Sitting down on the bed, he stared at the open door. What now?

 

Chapter End Notes:

Running into a wall with this one, right about here...