- Text Size +

Subjective Evaluator Bias

Despite Hester suspecting Scott’s surreptitious intent, she did find herself a little surprised at her body’s physiological reaction to his praise. While she understood the biological processes involved, it was quite another to feel a gush of serotonin released into her system. She liked it.

Looking at her own reflection, she smiled, trying to see herself through Scott’s eyes. Given the symmetry of her face, she supposed she did qualify as attractive.

She was under no illusion that Scott was adapting to his limitations and changing strategy. On some level, she did find the words appealing. That said, it did not lessen her frustration toward him for disrupting her attempted chemical experiment.

Walking back into her room, she jotted down some notes in her spiral bound journal, glancing up to see Scott with his tiny hands pressed against the glass side of the aquarium looking in her direction.  How he and potentially Nick had been so reduced was still a matter of some curiosity. Why the release of energy alone should have been significant and should have had some discernable effect, but there had been none, just shrinking. Getting up, she took her notebook and pencil and moved closer to the tank.

Scott grinned as she walked up, “I wasn’t sure when you were going to come back anytime soon, but I’m glad you did,” he said.

“Are you frightened?” she asked, reaching her right hand into the tank.

“Not now,” he replied, moving closer to enable her to pick him up.

Scooping the tiny youth into her hand, he was light, though perhaps not as much as he should be at that size. She considered the molecular compression may have made him denser than he would normally be at full size. Would it affect his durability on a scale she might be able to detect? Moving over to her bed, she climbed onto it and sat cross legged, setting him near her feet outside the corral of her legs and placing the notebook on her thigh.

Looking around, Scott maintained the smile on his face. It was working, she was falling for his charm he though inwardly. If he could keep her buttered up and off balance, she might be persuaded to contact his folks. “I don’t know, maybe it’s the light, or my new found perspective, but I repeat my earlier wow,” he commented, grinning and shaking his head.

Tilting her head to the side, Hester smiled, “Perhaps,” she said.

“No two ways about it girl, you got game,” he added.

Setting her book and mechanical pencil to the side, she leaned forward, elbows near her knees, “And what game is that?” she inquired, head bird tilting to one side.

As she loomed over him, he chuckled, “Just that you’re a double threat. Gorgeous and more than likely the smartest person I know,” he offered.

“Considering your reputation with the girls at the school, I must say I find the veracity of your words to be in question,” she advised.

Raising his hand to the side of her head, he swept it back through his hair, he had been with a fair number of the girls at the school, using the potential future his arm represented as a means of getting a lot of action. There was no point denying it, so he tried to turn it to his advantage, “It’s true, girls have thrown themselves at me, and I enjoyed it, but don’t think for a minute those girls didn’t have designs of their own. Aspirations linked to what my arm could do and the life it could bring. They used me and I used them. This is different, right here, right now. If I never get put back the way I was, my arm has no future, no major league prospect. I really don’t think you might consider my words a sugary attempt to try and get into your panties,” he chuckled. At his size, obviously that wasn’t his intent.

The thought hadn’t occurred to her either, until now. She had never before intimate with a boy before, in fact no boy had ever tried to woo her with words. She felt warmth in her privates. What might it be like put him there? She could document the experience as part of her scientific study. She could also test her theory on his density and durability as part of the shrinking process. While she the idea of Nick touching her there only heightened her arousal, as an addendum to her observations of the shrinking, Scott would do as an alternative.

Scott could tell the gears were turning inside Hester’s head and suppressed a smile, leaving her to try and come to terms with his ploy. Whether he was small or not, the poor girl didn’t have a chance when he plied the charm. Like putty in his hands. He would be home before sunrise.

“I think so,” she commented, nodding to herself as if coming to some mental conclusion in her mind.

“What’s that?” he asked, coyly arching an eyebrow, confident she would be more inclined to help now that she was wrapped up in his guile.

Looking down at him, the more she thought about, the more inquisitive she became. The hornier she became. “Your words have stirred me,” she conceded, nodding again.

Victory! He kept his face a blank mask, stifling the urge to hoot and holler or gloat for having outwitted supposedly the school’s smartest girl. Stupid Nerdgirl. A little razzle, a little dazzle, and all the bitches just couldn’t resist Scottie the Hottie. He was actually kind of surprised how quickly she folded. “So you’re going to contact my parents and get them over here to pick me up?” he asked expectantly, feigning an appreciative tone.

Hester chuckled and shook her head, “No,” she said softly. Sucking her bottom lip into her mouth as she studied him a moment.

No? What the hell? She had said his words stirred her so now what? What was she waiting for? He didn’t let his confusion show on his face as she slid off the edge of the bed.

“You’re going to be my first,” she said, unbuttoning her top.

“First?” he inquired.

“Uh huh,” she replied.

First what? Then it occurred to him.

 

Chapter End Notes:

Next chapter, Tom, Carissa, and TJ, part 2