- Text Size +

Into the Light

As much as Nick was irritated with Tom’s impulsive and reckless behavior, he really couldn’t blame him. No. The whole shrinking thing kind of turned their entire worlds upside down and then pulled it inside out.

And now the girls had discovered Tom in the bed of all places, steamrollered apparently by TJ’s gargantuan thigh. Grinning off the side of his face, he nodded slowly. They knew he was here and there was little point in trying to hide from them. Stepping out from the security beneath the bed, he carefully gave wide berth to TJ’s feet which were still planted on the floor.

Standing next to the side of the bed, Asha was the one who spotted him first, “There,” she said, pointing a finger in his direction.

TJ turned. Eyes finding him, she pushed herself back onto her feet.

Nick froze. Looking up at the gorgeous TJ, he was astounded by the sheer magnitude of her presence, so daunting. He felt a jolt in his body as his brain delivered a healthy dose of adrenalin directly into his blood stream. Fight or flight. He did neither, remaining standing and trying to breathe calmly as the gigantic blonde girl crouched down near him.

Smiling, eyes impossibly huge, “Nick!” she exclaimed, voice loud in his ears.

Nodding, he allowed himself to be picked up as she curled her hand cautiously around his tiny form, the smell of soap strong coming off her skin. There was a very profound sense of the sheer power she possessed, like with little or no effort, she could easily crush the life out of him if the whim struck her. It was very unsettling. As she lifted him up, it wasn’t like an elevator ride, more like the slingshot ride at the carnival, the rapid acceleration causing his stomach to drop.

Asha jumped up onto the bed, again on her knees, motioning for TJ to put Nick down on the bedsheet near them.

Penned in by her legs and the blanket at the end of the bed, Nick found Asha to be staggeringly huge at this proximity to him and he tried to smile as she loomed above him. Positioned as she was, he tried not to follow the sight line up the inside of her legs to the clearly visible white cloth covered tringle of her privates. He had no idea of what she might do, then the sobering thought hit him, whatever she wanted.

“Hi Nick,” she said, lips parting into a smile.

“Is Tom okay?” he asked, turning in the direction of Carissa but unable to see the redhead because of Asha’s thigh.

“He’ll be fine,” Asha assured, waving a hand at Nick, How is it that you two are so teeny?” she asked.

Shaking his head slowly, Nick shrugged, “Tom and I figure it might have had something to do with that blow up in chemistry,” he shared.

“Hey, wasn’t Scottie caught in that too?” TJ inquired.

Looking over his shoulder at TJ he nodded.

“Tom is lucky to be alive. Why was he in my bed in the first place?” Asha queried

“I think he was just trying to get your attention,” Nick replied. Was that it? Or was Tom’s true intent a little more personal. Judging by the quirky smile on her face, he suspected the same thought had crossed her mind, that perhaps Tom’s motives might not be quite as innocent as Nick attempted to make them out to be.

“I don’t know how much Tom has told you of our history together,” she said, giving him a knowing smile.

Shaking his head, “Asha, come on, look at how tiny we are. What else would Tom be thinking? He would be like a little mouse crawling over you,” he replied.

“Indeed, you are very tiny,” she acknowledged, expression turning coy.

“Can you help us?” he inquired.

Asha glanced over at the alarm clock on the stand beside her bed, 12:47am, “What can we do?” she queried, shrugging her shoulders, breasts heaving under her nightshirt.

What could they do? “I don’t know, maybe try and contact Hester. Maybe she has an antidote or chemical concoction to reverse the process?” he suggested.

She flicked a look at the clock again, “It’s late, I highly doubt we would be able to get in touch with her until tomorrow,” Asha replied.

They were right. It was a long shot at best. Should the girls get him and Tom to a hospital? Call poison control?

“Maybe it will wear off?” TJ offered.

Shaking his head, “It’s been hours,” Nick replied.

Leaning forward, Asha slid her hands on her knees, looming over him. “How long were you two little boys up here?” she questioned, tilting her head to one side inquisitively.

“Yeah?” verbalized TJ, getting up and sitting at the end of the bed, bringing one leg up.

“Don’t know for sure, I think I passed out by the desk,” he replied, shaking his head and beginning to feel very uncomfortable.

“You avoided the question, how long were you guys up here?” TJ asked.

“Not too long. It took us quite a bit to make it up the stairs,” he replied, nodding in her direction.

“Before we went to bed?” Asha asked, brows rising as she sucked her bottom lip into her mouth.

Nodding slowly, he wasn’t sure where the conversation was going. He supposed the lack of shock they were expressing was due to the discovery of Tom, but there was an unsettling feeling in his gut.

“So,” she said, looking at TJ then to Carissa, who still seemed to be fixated on Tom in her hand, before looking back to him, “you two snuck in here and peeped on us while we were unaware,” she accused, touching a finger to her lips.

What should he say to her, that he wanted to know what devious plots there had been hatching for him? Or that he didn’t trust them? He didn’t think responding honestly would earn him any favors. “We were really just hoping you might be able to help us,” he said, trying to steer the conversation in a different direction.

“But it took you until after we crawled half naked into bed before you could approach,” she clarified.

“Ooh,” Carissa noised, “I think Tom is starting to wake up!” she said, tone excited.

 

Chapter End Notes:

Where to from here???