- Text Size +

The Long Night

Nick was tired, worn out not just by the climb, but also because he’d yet to adapt and his body was still stuck two hours ahead on Minnesota time. Eyes drooping, the sounds of the girlish idle banter becoming distant.

Tom on the other hand, wasn’t sleepy at all. He was fascinated, watching how the girls behaved when they thought no one was watching. The sound of Nick’s breathing changed. Looking over at the other boy Tom saw he was asleep. He suspected Nick was used to feminine attention, but for Tom, hearing the way Carissa spoke about him made him smile, bolstering his fragile self-esteem.

As the night moved on, the girls listened to music and messed around with Snapchat apps, giving themselves pirate beards and Rastafarian hats.

The conversation switched to tattoos and piercings they wanted, TJ confessing that the next thing she was going to pierce was her nipples and promptly pulling up her shirt and exposing her breasts, revealing small pink nipples, pinching each between thumb and forefinger.

Tom nearly swallowed his tongue. It was one thing to see naked girls and watch porn on the computer, but to see real breasts in the flesh was another thing entirely.

By the time the girls had completed their preparations for bed, each was attired in just panties and a t-shirt, all of them sharing the same bed as Asha, sleeping on left to Tom’s perspective reached over and shut off the light.

In the dark, Tom glanced over a Nick, the shape of the sleeping youth in a recumbent position against the desk leg, head off the side.

What harm could there be in just taking a look? Slipping out from under the desk, he moved silently across the floor to the nightstand beside the bed. Nick had used the electric cord to climb up to the nightstand in his room and Tom felt fairly confident he could do the same here in Asha’s room.

Wrapping his legs around the cord, he slowly shinnied his way up, the effort making his sweat, his grip growing tenuous. Finally managing to get atop the night table, he bent over at the waist, hands on shaky knees. Straightening up, he peeked back over the edge whence he had scaled the cord and smiled self-satisfactorily. Moving around the base of the lamp, he stood near the edge by the bed, pausing to regard Asha in the weak light.

In repose, lying on her back, pale lips parted, she appeared so serene, so beautiful. A few loose strands of raven silk across her face. The blanket across her chest rose and fell with the gentle rhythm of her breathing.

Sitting down on the stand, legs over the edge nearest her, he gazed upon her countenance, broad smile on his face.

Glancing back toward the desk, he couldn’t see Nick, but was curious why the boy was reluctant to approach her. Tom had no doubt Asha was a good person and would most certainly help them anyway she could. He could only guess it was because Nick had been hurt before, which might explain those scars on the side of his chest.

Eyes drifting back to Asha, he watched her lips quiver then pull up into a partial smile and he wondered what thoughts might possibly be dancing about in her gorgeous head, what things did she dream about?

TJ, in the middle moved, turning and pulling the blanket off of Asha’s chest. In the pale light, he could discern the outline of firm erect nipples protruding through the fabric of her shirt. The image of TJ’s bared breasts flashed through his mind, making him grin. The smile on Asha’s face melted away, brow furling slightly as she turned toward him, dark hair spilling across her cheek, the warm exhalation of her breath engulfing him, slight hint of minty toothpaste.

He had worshipped her for years, watching her transform from pretty girl into goddess in that time. He really didn’t regret his declaration, though the fallout and teasing from other students that accompanied it had left some furrows in his psyche. While she hadn’t reciprocated his feelings of declared devotion, neither did she spurn or ridicule him for his. It was an important distinction in his mind and kept him his ardor for her alive.

His eyes moved across the wide expanse of her face, from her hairline over perfectly shaped and threaded eyebrows, to her wondrously long lashes, button nose, the small depression of her philtrum flaring out to subtly creased lips. What he wouldn’t give to kiss those sweet plump lips, to feel her kiss him back.

Should he try and steal a kiss? Just one? It would be just a kiss. He wouldn’t do anything crass or vulgar. The idea thrilled him. Leaning forward, he peered into the abyssal darkness of the crevasse between the nightstand and the bed. Could he cross that distance safely? With his great big thick skater legs, Nick probably could. He glanced back at Asha, she was worth the risk. Getting to his feet, he moved back several paces, enough to give his room for a running start. He could feel his heart pounding, both from the thought of the jump and the prospect of the kiss.

Taking a big breath, he bolted toward the edge, like a sprinter out of the starting blocks. Arms pumping, he tried to calculate which foot to launch himself with in relation to the rapidly approaching edge. Timing as best he could, he jumped, pushing off, eyes impossibly round as he sailed over the darkened chasm.

Landing, he ed momentum to pitch him forward, rolling into a ball on the soft sheet near her pillow. Coming to a stop, he abruptly looked in her direction to make sure he hadn’t disturbed her slumber, but the pillow was in the way. Clambering up the pillow, he smiled at her, moving cautiously nearer and close enough to actually be able to touch her. Putting his hands on her ample pouty lower lip, the texture of the lightly lined flesh smooth under his fingers, he touched his lips to hers, like a peck. She swallowed, lips pursing slightly. Making him pull back. Being this close she was so utterly massive, he suddenly felt almost insignificant, thinking if she opened her mouth and inhaled strongly she could easily draw him inside and he would be lost in her. It was all very humbling and he thought maybe this was what Nick was talking about.

He felt her body begin to move as she slid her arm up and under her pillow, rolling back over toward TJ. The unexpected and abrupt movement, threw him off his feet pitching him into the hollow near her collarbone before she turned and he was tossed over the dark valley of the bed between Asha and TJ, bouncing unceremoniously of the blonde girl bosoms taunting his memory and falling onto his back on the bed, the landing knocking the air from his lungs.

Trying desperately to breathe, he understood the grim predicament he found himself in, trapped between two immense sleeping girls who could inadvertently and unknowing crush him to death if they simply rolled over.

 

Chapter End Notes:

At this juncture, feeling kind of torn. I have two directions I'm wrestling with. A) An unaware crush killing Tom and B) outright discovery oof Tom.  Let me know which direction you think you would like to see.