- Text Size +

Scott

Scott awoke with an audible groan, startled to find himself bereft of clothing. Turning his head sharply to the right, he was greet by two gigantic hazel colored eyes staring at him from behind thick glasses. Each orb appeared equal in size to his entire torso.

“Argh!” he screamed, his own eyes wide round with abject terror as he pushed himself backward away from the giant face, stopping only when he struck a cold transparent surface.

“Subject appears in an agitated state,” Hester commented, leaning back and making a notation in her journal.

“Nerdgirl?” Scott babbled, recognizing the face, shaking his head as he looked at her.

She smiled. “Do you know your name?” she inquired, head tilting to the right slightly.

“What’s going on?” he asked, voice high pitched and full of panic.

Letting out a sigh, “Do you know your name?” she repeated.

“You know my name, Scott, Scott Turcott,” he said, looking left the right. Realization came to him. He was in a dry aquarium, some kind of multicolored fine particulate sand beneath his feet.

“Subject is self-aware,” she commented, making another notation.

Pushing his back more firmly against the glass, he rose to standing, “Oh my god Hester, what’s happening?” he beseeched. “Am I inside an aquarium?” he asked, snapping his head back and forth.

She smiled again, “I used to have a pet fish named Pasteur, but he died,” she answered.

“No,” he wailed, “this can’t be real, it can’t be,” he added, shaking his head.

“Subject is becoming emotional, usual denial as a primary coping strategy,” she stated, writing more in her journal.

“Hester, please,” he said, walking forward over the colored sand, “You have to help me,” he said, voiced choked with emotion. It had to have been her concoction in chemistry, had to be. In his mind, it was the only logical thing that might explain what was happening.

She angled her head to the opposite side, “Why?” she asked, reaching up and pushing her spectacles back up onto the bridge of her button nose.

He dropped to his knees, hands clasped together in supplication, “It’s not right,” he said, “not natural.”

She smiled, revealing small even white teeth, small for her, frightening for him each tooth looking larger than his entire head. “This is astounding, transcendent,” she said.

“Whatever you did to me, please, undo it,” he begged.

“No,” she replied.

“Please, I’ll give you anything you want, just make me back the way I was,” he said, attempting to negotiate.

“Unfortunately I need to examine the science that did this to you in order to try and find a remedy,” she explained.

“Fix it!” he screamed, tears streaming down his face.

Tilting her head again, she chuckled, “Getting irate will not hasten my understanding of your situation,” she said.

“Take me to my house, to my parents,” he stated.

“No,” she answered.

“What do you mean no?” he challenged.

“I should think that at your current academic level, athletic exceptions included, the word no should be fairly self-explanatory, though, I suppose in your defense, it is not one you are accustomed to hearing very often,” she replied.

He stared at her hard, giving her a look of ill intent, “If you don’t get meet out of here right now, I swear,” he seethed, lips curling up.

“Feel free swear as you will, to use whatever profanity you choose to help you process the situation, though, I must say, the use of expletives is an indication of a poor vocabulary and impoverished linguistic skills,” she responded.

“Hester, please, take me to my parents, they can get me help,” he said, tone returning to pleading.

She shook her head.

“When I get out here, I promise I’m going to tell everyone what you did, that you did this thing to me and then put me in here and tortured me,” he spat.

“Torture?” she inquired.

Grinning almost manically, “That’s right, I’ll tell them all sorts of twisted things, make you look like a crazy psycho,” he asserted.

Pursing her lips, she leaned forward again, “I shall excuse your comportment for the moment due to the unusual circumstances of the situation, it must be very difficult for a mind as small as yours to comprehend,” she advised.

“How about fuck you! Comport that,” he snorted.

She smiled, “I think perhaps in your current state of discombobulation, you fail to appreciate the gravity of your predicament.”

“Yeah?” he sniped. “What about Needledick and Tom? They were caught in your toxic cloud too. You have them stashed away in another fish tank somewhere?” he indicted, swing his head from side to side wildly trying to look out through the glass.

Her brows rose, she hadn’t considered that fact. “Nick?” she said, visualizing him reduced to the same size as Scott. Not that she didn’t care about Tom, she just didn’t know him.

“Yeah, what about him you giant sized evil cunt?” he impugned angrily.

Eyes narrowing, she shook her head. “I urge you to be more civil,” she said, tilting her head to the side.

“CUNT!” he screamed, elongating the word and pressing his hands up against the glass separating them.

Getting up from the table, she turned and walked away.

“Hey, where are you going?” he demanded.

Ignoring him, she left the room. If Nick was small, he might need her help.

“Nerdgirl!” he hollered, but she was gone, he was alone in his tank. Dropping to his knees, he cradled his face in his hands.

 

Chapter End Notes:

Next chapter, back to Nick and Tom...