- Text Size +

Nick at Night

Letting out a long slow breath, Nick grinned and shook his head. Brutal, just like Tom had said. The girl had left him with a bone. He briefly considered rubbing one out, but decided instead to grab some paper and sit down at the computer table to start mapping out the interior of the room, trying to figure out what he might like to do with the space and cooling off his overheated blood in the process. He didn’t feel the room itself needed to be painted, but it certainly could use a few posters to liven it up, some different curtains, a couple of speakers for his iPod dock might make it passable for the duration of his stay.

Marty made an appearance, popping his head in to let Nick know he had brought Chinese food home supper.

Adding ‘lock for door’, to his list, Nick got up from the computer table. Going upstairs to the kitchen, he found a half dozen already opened circular aluminum pans with a variety of food offerings on the kitchen table as well as plates and cutlery.

Asha and his father were already there.

“It’s just the three of us,” he started, “Calista said she’s running a little behind so she said we should get started, dig in,” he said, using two forks to portion out some chow mien onto his plate.

Dropping into the same chair he’d used the night before, he moved his plate near some magenta colored sweet and sour pork, taking a spoonful before sampling a little bit from each of the other trays.

“How was your first day?” Marty asked, taking a forkful of fried rice.

Nick shrugged, “Okay I guess,” he replied.

Asha smiled, “He did pretty good for his first day,” she offered, nodding her head and winking at Nick.

Marty smiled and nodded before clapping Nick on the shoulder, “I told you it wouldn’t be so bad,” he said.

Nick shrugged again, shoveling some food into his mouth.

“After supper you and Asha can get these dishes down hey sport?” Marty asked, looking from Nick to Asha.

Letting out a long sigh, “Fine, I’ll dry,” Nick said, turning his head toward the girl, “you’ll have to show me where the dishes go though.”

Asha nodded, taking a long noodle between her lips and slowly sucking it up into her mouth.

Nick lowered his head and focused on eating his food.

After they finished eating, dishes stacked next to the double sink inset into the granite countertop, Asha filled the left sink with hot water and a splash of Dawn dish soap while providing Nick directions as to where everything belonged.

Asha washed the dishes, using the retracting spray nozzle to rinse suds off clean dishes in the empty right sink before putting them in the rack for Nick to dry.

As he was drying a handful of cutlery, she moved a plate over the right sink and tilted it, commencing to spray. Instead of the water going down into the sink, it ricocheted off the plate and directly into Nick’s chest and midsection.

“Hey!” he groused, stepping back, looking down at his now wet shirt.

“Oh my, I positively soaked you” she teased with a chuckle, the small spray nozzle still in her hand.

She had soaked him. Spreading his hands apart to show her his sodden shirt, he cocked his head. “I think you got me.”

“Oh, I’m so sorry” she giggled, shaking her head and setting the plate in the dry rack.

Nick frowned. He got the feeling the dousing wasn’t accidental, but he didn’t know for sure.

“If it makes you feel any better,” she said, aiming the spray nozzle at her décolletage, “here.” She pulled the trigger and sent a jet of water down her cleavage. “That’s not as warm as I thought,” she breathed, mouth agape, eyes wide.

Nick could see her nipples tighten, peeking through the thin fabric of her now wet top. He could feel his body beginning to respond.

“Even?” she said, half grin at the corner of her mouth as she leaned forward and replaced the spray nozzle.

Nick shook his head then picked up the plate, “I suppose,” he said, turning to his side and away from her to dry the ceramic dish but more to conceal his burgeoning excitement. Putting the plate away, he dropped the dry towel on the counter, “I got to go to the john,” he said.

“What about the dishes?” she asked. “You still need to dry them.”

“I’ll get back to it,” he remarked, drifting off down the hall.

A slow Cheshire smile played across her lips as she watched him walk away. Rough and rugged on the outside, definitely malleable in the inside. Maybe not as hard to bend him as she thought, but definitely fun.

Nick did go to the washroom, requiring a few moments for his condition to subside before taking a leak. Washing his hands, he looked into the mirror, frowning at the huge wet spot on the front of his shirt. Was she fucking with him or was he just being overly sensitive? He didn’t know. At least she wasn’t being a bitch. That was a plus because given her position amongst the school’s elite, she could easily have totally sabotaged him there.

After about five minutes he returned to the kitchen, peeking around the corner. The rest of the dishes were washed and in the rack, but Asha had gone.

“Hey there Nick,” said Calista from behind him, startling him. Seeing that she had surprised him, “Sorry,” she offered with a smile as she entered the kitchen, dressed in a charcoal grey pantsuit.

“Just didn’t hear you was all,” he replied, abashed.

She was about to ask about his day, but pointed at the water strain on the front of his shirt, “Let me guess, Asha?”

He shrugged, slipping his hands into his pockets, “No big deal,” he answered.

Calista smiled, “Be careful, she’s a lot like her mother and she can be very aggressive when she’s got her mind set on something,” she warned with a wink, coy little smile at the corners of her mouth.

“Um, thanks,” he said, nodding. “Like mother, like daughter,” he said.

Chuckling to herself, she touched his cheek, “You are a dear,” she said before moving over and checking the refrigerator.

Returning downstairs to his room, he peeled his shirt off and threw it on his pile of laundry needing to be done and flopped onto his bed. Grabbing his iPod, he put in his earbuds and tuned it on. A slow smile spread across his face, Soulstripper by AC/DC, how appropriate.

 

Chapter End Notes:

I know it's taking a bit to get there, just hold on, it's coming and fairly soon... :)