- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

The two sisters go see a movie.

"We should wear flip flops so everyone can see our toes," Leslie said, as they prepared to leave. "It's a nice day out anyway."
"Yeah, good idea," Jen said as she slipped on her faded pink flip flops. She had had them for years, and they were pretty worn out, but weren't totally destroyed, so she kept them. 

The two of them had somehow managed to decide on which movie to see, and were now heading out to the theater. Leslie, still new to driving, practically begged Jen to let her take the wheel, but Jen was having none of it. Her car was still fairly new and she wasn't going to risk having anything happen to it. 

The drive to the theater was simple. They chatted, listened to the radio, and soon it was over as they entered the building and got tickets for the movie, before finding some good seats, with a nice railing in front of them. Not only did they not have to deal with someone possibly sitting in front of them, they got to rest their legs up on the rail. And they did so, as the movie started and the room went dark. 

---

Mike was on a roller coaster of hell. And he didn't like roller coasters to begin with. Completely immobilized, covered in purple, and stuck to his sister's toenail, Mike was flung around with the world's best seat belt, keeping him in place as he moved. While far from pleasant, Mike was simply glad that he was above her toe, and not below it. That had been a horrific experience. This was simply unfun. 

While getting motion sickness, Mike's only view was upwards at his sister Jen as she walked somewhere. She seemed so far away, but he had to remind himself he was literally touching her. Not in the way he ever thought he would, but he was. Being right below her, Mike was unable to see her face, being miles above him and being partially blocked off by her breasts. Not that it mattered. Being able to see her wouldn't miraculously make her see him. She had been right next to him and didn't see him. Now he was down here. He just accepted the fact he was stuck.

After several more steps, Mike felt a change of pace, and watched as the foot crawl across the ground, before a giant pink archway passed by overhead. Mike was confused at first. What in the world was that? An arch? There were no arches in his house. But once Jen started walking again Mike figured it out from the sound. The distinctive clap and smack of flip flop hitting heel let Mike realize she had put her shoes on. Which meant...they were going somewhere.

He had never even considered that. She was leaving the house, leaving his only real safe place. He was all of the sudden more glad for this bond of polish that held him to his sister. What if he ended up coming loose while she was outside? Or at some crowded place? He would be doomed. He was also rather thankful for her choice of footwear. Mike recalled the short time inside Leslie's socks. If Jen had worn those, and then shoved them inside a shoe on top of that...It wouldn't have been pretty. He simply tried to look at the bright side of things. He was firmly stuck with his sister, and he would get some fresh air. That was all he had going for him right now, so he held on to it.

The harsh sunlight blasted Mike in the face, blinding him with no means of covering his eyes, forcing him to close them or risk damage. He was left with the motion of Jen walking and slapping of her flip flops as she walked down across the lawn, the smack of the concrete porch changing to the soft crunch of the grass stalks. If she was heading in the grass, she must be heading to her car! This continued until he heard the sound of a door opening, and movement shift as the sun disappeared behind the hulking metal behemoth that was Jen's car.

Mike was given a view from below the steering wheel, as Jen shifted her foot and set it on the brake. He could see her happy and smiling, the opposite of his feelings. The other door shut and Mike was a little shocked to see Leslie climb into the passenger seat, at least from what he could see from his vantage point. It seemed they were having a girl's day. Too bad they didn't know their brother was with them, not that he was bringing much to the table. 

The ride was rather peaceful, given the circumstances. Jen mostly stayed put, only occasionally moving to the brake, but even that was calming. Part of it was his location, not being smashed underneath a body part, but also the nice music they had playing up above. It almost made him feel like he was normal again, and really going on the trip. But just looking at his view diminished that thought and he was reminded of his true position. Nevertheless, he savored this peaceful moment and hoped it lasted. Falling off her toenail was the last thing he wanted when they were out. 

After another trip outside in the sun, a building overtook him and he could open his eyes again. It was almost impossible for him to tell where they were because of his view, but he soon began to understand as his limited range of vision showed rows and rows of chairs. And it became obvious once he was lifted high into the air, and set back down, now staring at his sisters while they sat in seats munching on popcorn and other snacks. 

A movie theater! Well, that would be nice and pleasant. No moving required. He found it kind of unfair that after being dragged all the way here against his will, he wouldn't even get to see the movie, rather just the reactions of his sisters and people behind them, but that was trivial. The next hour or so simply dragged on for Mike. Firmly stuck in place, he could do nothing but stay there in his awkward position, listening to what sounded like a funny movie, and staring at his sisters pay absolutely no attention to him. It was, for lack of a better word, boring. That was, until his world started to move again.

Jen's flip flop foot lowered down to the ground, and Mike watched as her enormous hand approached his location. Only this time, her hand was actually heading for his exact location, not near him. Mike saw her finger mash down onto the nail right next to him and begin to lightly scrape against it. It was a mere itch Jen wanted to scratch, and did it lightly not wanting to chip her nail polish. But, she did chip it, ever so slightly, at the exact spot her brother was. Mike heard a small pop as he very slightly moved, however, he was still stuck to the nail polish. Just a chip of it though. A chip that was no longer stuck to the nail. As such, this chip easily fell from Jen's foot as she lifted it once again to place on the railing. And the chip landed softly onto the floor of the theater below, right beneath Jen. 

Mike was getting worried. He was now on the floor, and no longer on his sister. And worst of all, he was still stuck with a bit of the polish, keeping him stuck in his position and unable to move. Mike was scared. What if Jen and Leslie left, and he was stuck here? More people would come, or they would clean the place up. He didn't like either of those options, but there really was nothing he could do about it, except sit there and wait. And that's what he did. 

The next several minutes let Mike laying there in worry, but it didn't last long as overhead he saw the massive flip flop of Jen's falling towards the floor again. And it slammed down, just a few feet from his position, and the breeze from it hit the chip he was on, and caused it to flip over. And now Mike was face to face with the floor, and it was now he realized just how gross and disgusting it was. Mike knew move theater floors got a bad rep, but know he knew just how justified it was. He could already tell just how sticky it was, from various spills that remained there, and he already felt himself violated by it's filth. And before he could even wonder how it could get worse, it did, as an enormous weight pressed down onto him, and mashed him further into the sticky floor. 

There was nothing but black and pressure for a few seconds, until Mike was ripped from the floor, and brought up into the air, before a half second later he was sent rushing back downwards and slammed back into the filthy floor. And it happened again. And again. As it was, the chip had also gotten the sticky residue on it, and Jen had happened to step on it, and thus was now stuck to the sole of her flip flop. And by extension, her younger brother was also stuck to the sole of her flip flop as she mashed it down uncaringly onto the floor, again and again. 

---

Jen and Leslie walked out of the theater and back towards the car. They had enjoyed the movie, but were ready to get home and do their own thing for some time. The ride home was the same as before, but it took longer as they hit a few more red lights. But they eventually did get home, and when they did, Jen went to her room, kicked off her flip flops, and went about the rest of her day.

---

Mike was continually pressed into the floor by his sister simply walking. Jen was not going easy on her steps, but why would she? Having a living, breathing person stuck under one's shoe, let alone one's brother, was not something that crossed someone's mind. It was just her old shoes, who cared what she stepped on, right? Just a place for dirt, and that's what Mike was becoming as the sticky residue coating his body easily picked up dirt, dust, and other debris from the floor. It covered and stuck to him and the chip around him, turning the purple speck he was into a standard speck of dirt on the sole of Jen's flip flop, fitting in with the hundreds of little specks also there. 

The trip got worse when the plush carpet of the building turned into the brutal concrete of the sidewalk, and the rough pavement of the road. And it got worse still as Jen got into her car, and Mike was shoved face first into the filthy brake pedal. Her car was fairly new, but it had already accumulated quite a bit of dirt and other crud onto the pedals, and her brother was now being mashed into that. Whatever part of Mike's sticky body wasn't covered with dirt, was covered now. And then he was lifted from the brake, only to be slammed into the gas pedal. 

This car trip was much less peaceful and enjoyable than the last. Mike was constantly being mashed between the gas and the brake as Jen needed to switch. The dirt caked onto Mike was only encouraged to stick more to him, sealing him as his fate as dirt even more so than he already was. It bugged Mike a lot. His sister was simply driving, something she didn't several times before, something he did! But now it was an instrument of pure hell for him. He was tired of his. Tired of being literal dirt to his sisters while they just went about their day. Just...tired. But it was not time for sleep yet. 

After a good twenty minutes of pedal switching and dirt mashing, Mike was freed from that hell as Jen made her way out from the car back inside the home. Mike did have two things to be happy about: He had stayed with his sister and returned home and....the sun wasn't in his eyes anymore. Mike felt the familiar crush of Jen going upstairs to her room, but he made no motion of a reaction. Partly because he couldn't move, and partly because he was just drained. And then the flip flop was flung off Jen's foot, landing on it's side, and Mike could only stare out into the world he was no longer apart of. And he simply just remained stuck as a lowly piece of dirt stuck to his sister's flip flop. If that was where he belonged, then so be it. Mike did the only thing he could do, and closed his eyes. 

Chapter End Notes:

End of Chapter 9.