- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Molly heads to a work meeting.

"I see I wasn't invited to the movies," Molly said, after hearing what her sisters had done earlier. 
"Well," Jen said, picking up a few assorted items from her floor to put away. "You didn't help us clean the house."
"Fair enough," Molly said. "Anyway, I just wanted your advice on what to wear."
"Oh yeah, you have that thing. Isn't this for work, though? Why does it matter what you wear? Is it a boy?"
"Maybe," Molly said hiding a grin. "He only sees me in my uniform, now he can see what I really look like."
"Who is this boy? Is it that Thomas guy?"
"What? No," Molly said. "I think he was fired anyway. He hasn't shown up for work in days. Kind of vanish off the face of the Earth. Anyway, which shoes go with this outfit?" She held out a two different pairs of flats while holding up a nice blouse. 
Jen leaned in a little closer, before deciding on a pair she thought looked best. Once happy, Molly left to get ready to head out and attend the meeting at her job. Jen meanwhile took the flip flops she was holding, that she had previously just left discarded on her floor, and placed them proper in her closet. She then went about her day as normal.

---

Mike felt like a common piece of dirt. No. Mike was dirt. He felt as if he and chip of polish had been embedded into the soft foam of his sister's flip flop, but to be honest he had no idea. His view was so limited and everything around him looked the same. Did it matter though? For all intents and purposes, he had been embedded to the dirty sole. His sister had trampled on him like he was nothing, but was this his life now? He always thought that soon he would just get big again, but would he? Would he ever get big? Or would he just spend the rest of his miserable, short life as dirt on Jen's shoe? He didn't know. He wasn't even sure if he wanted to know the answer. All he could do was just stay stuck there until something happened.

He had no idea how much time had passed. There was no means of telling time down here. No means of gauging events. All he could really tell was when Jen came in or out of her room. That didn't tell him much of anything. So he just stayed there. Seconds felt like minutes, minutes felt like hours. Boredom was taking hold of him. He wasn't sure what the worse pain was. Being trampled by his sister, or being unable to move anything but his eyes. Torture is torture, whatever shape it takes. And this was plain torture. 

After some unknown amount of time had passed, Mike felt the weightless feeling as he was lifted high into the air. Vertigo set in as he was moved about rapidly after spending so much time immobile. Through what he could see and make out, it seemed Jen and Molly were talking. About what, he didn't care. He briefly made out the form of Molly as he moved about. It looked like she was holding stuff. When the world finally settled, he was facing Molly and saw she was holding a pair of shoes and some shirt. Mike was pushed forward a little and found himself staring down at the opening to her shoes. Well, it was a good thing he was embedded to Jen's flip flops. Except...he wasn't as stuck as he thought, as Mike and the polish chip fell from Jen's flip flop and floated gently down into one of Molly's flats.

Mike looked up from inside Molly's flat as she made no notice of the tiny object falling into her shoe. He began to slide down towards the toe section of the shoe as Molly's face vanished from view. Well, this wasn't good. Mike had to deal with feet before, and with shoes before, but never feet inside of shoes. Maybe she just wouldn't wear these shoes! But then, he'd still be stuck in here. It wasn't like he could really move. So he did nothing. And then the shoe he was in was titled back, and he found himself tumbling back towards the other end, until it leveled out, and he was left staring up at his sister.

She looked down at his position with a smile on her face, as if taunting him of his position. But she was nonethewiser. And soon her face was covered as her foot, speckled with bits of dirt here and there, became his sky. And the sky was falling. The toes Mike was already familiar with turned towards him as if they wished to end him, but they did not, rather landing ahead of him. But the sky continued to fall, and tilt around Mike, until the only thing he had left to see was the dirt-ridden heel of her foot. And then that swiftly collapsed on top of him with it's crushing weight, forcing his face and body into it's caked in dirt.

For the next fifteen or so minutes, Mike was eating foot. Molly pulled no steps as she moved about. Human being beneath her foot? Her own brother, nonetheless? Such thoughts never even entered her mind. Her steps only made a clack as they hit the ground, and she in no way heard, or even felt, the miserable sobbing of her brother against her heel with every step she took. On occasion her heel slipped out, albeit briefly, of her flat, and with it, her brother was taken up with it, now a fixture on her heel, before being slammed back down. The back of the polish chip had collected dirt as well, and was now blending in with the dirt already on her heel. Mike had now fused with her foot, become one with it. He was no longer her brother, he was dirt that would one day get cleaned off. 

But it still didn't end, and Mike was crushed and battered for several many more minutes. Mike couldn't believe his sister was simply going about her day as normal. How could a normal day for her, be such hell for him? It was unbelievable, and yet, it was happening. This was his reality. And he couldn't see how this was going to end.

---

Molly had just finished the meeting she had for work, and was sitting at a table. Darrin was right over there, but she was a little to nervous to go over and talk to him. Her legs crossed, and shoe dangling from her toes, Molly mindlessly reached down and starting rubbing her heel. She wasn't really even aware she was doing it, focusing more on the boy. Her friend Agitha sat down at the table across from her with a sandwich she had just gotten, and urged her to just go and talk to him. 

Molly removed her hand and, briefly seeing a piece of dirt or whatever, flicked it over her shouldn't, not even paying attention to where it landed. After taking a bite of her sandwich, Agitha again urged Molly to just talk to him, and after a couple tries, she got up, and went over to him. 

---

Mike no longer felt the constant berating pressure beating down upon him, but he was still firmly squished into his sister's heel, and thus couldn't see a thing. All he could really smell was foot for that matter, and it didn't particularly smell good. Without warning, his home was invaded, and Mike and the chip where ripped from their dwelling, and uprooted from Molly's foot by her finger, and soon Mike began rising. Before he could even be happy about being removed from her foot, he caught the glance of Molly looking down at him, before he was violently removed from her finger and falling elsewhere.

Mike wasn't sure where he had landed, but it looked like a spongy landscape. He did know who he had landed near, though. Looking up from his position, he saw the massive form of his sister's coworker and friend, Agitha. She was looking over to the right, paying no attention as her fingers gripped the landscape Mike was on, and brought it up towards her mouth. And then Mike knew he was on a sandwich, a sandwich heading straight for this girl's mouth. And he could do nothing.

Mike felt his heart beating faster than he ever thought it could as he was lifted up, and approached Agitha's awaiting maw. This was it, was it? After everything, he was going to be eaten. Not even by his sister's, or mom. Just by some girl. Maybe it was better that way? Mike couldn't bear to watch, and shut his eyes tight as he went closer to her slowly opening mouth. And then he felt the bread around him curve inward, but he was not dead yet. Opening his eyes, Mike was greeted to a sight of a white wall in front of him, as he was pulled back. He not only saw, but heard the slice of turkey protest fruitlessly as it was torn apart by Agitha's teeth, and sucked into the cavern of death. And he was held eye level with her mouth, and could only watch in terror at the massacre going on inside the cave, seeing bits of turkey and bread torn to shreds and ravaged and mangled and mixed with saliva becoming a giant mess of gook and mush before it vanished behind the horizon that was her throat. And Mike could do nothing but wait until it was his turn. 

Mike was moving again, and he knew this was it. He prepared as best as anyone could seconds away from death, but then, it stopped. He felt himself lowered a bit and, looking up, saw a face of mild disgust staring down at him. This was changed to two giant digits entombing him, removing him from his bread landscape, before he was carelessly tossed away and towards the floor. 

It hadn't hit Mike yet, with what he had just gone through, but now safe from that situation, it started to dawn on him, and he became worried. He was no longer with Molly. He was on the floor, by himself. What if Molly left, what would happen to him? He wanted to call out to her, do something, but he could do nothing. He found himself wishing Molly would step on him, and carry him back. He didn't want to think of what would happen otherwise. 

Chapter End Notes:

End of Chapter 10.