- Text Size +

Chapter 2: Iyanna Gets Enormous

 

Iyanna continued to rise. The Russian woman’s expanding figure was still glowing a faint red, and her body was accented mercury blue under the near-full moon. She went from 1000 feet to 3000 feet in a matter of a minute and a half. It was clear that her growth was speeding up. She was going through this all standing up, her knees flexed, and her feet plowing outward, running over houses, properties, streets, and trees. Soon her feet were too big to fit in any streets, and she shifted them warily onto the two largest solid patches that she could find- the local Rattner Park and the area shopping mall, but soon, they outgrew those as well. She watched the rest of the world dwindle before her. Her eyes were large and troubled and her mouth was open in awe. In the span of five minutes, Iyanna had risen to an astounding height of 7,000 feet tall. Her feet didn’t fit anywhere now, so she consented to letting them knock over buildings as they got bigger. And by now it wasn’t really bothering her or hurting her toes like it had been a minute ago. Now, most buildings were roughly as tall as her ankle. Only the tallest skyscrapers on the nighttime skyline exceeded them. It was vaguely anything for her to knock things over with just a foot, like quashing large bits of gravel. At about 10,000 feet, she looked down at her right foot. With her jaw still hanging, Iyanna slid her right foot sideways, wiping out an entire block of brightly lit office buildings like it was nothing. It really was nothing to her, after all. She gasped, an open-mouthed grin of realization flashing over her pretty face, high above it all. Then, still getting bigger, she stepped her right foot forward. She watched with amazement as a dark wave of smoke shot out from beneath her bare foot, followed by a ringing shockwave. Rows and rows of glittering lights went dark in a radius around her deadly step.
At 16,000 feet, the titanic 26-year-old woman finally stopped growing. She felt it come to a stop; her body finally drained of the powerful radiation that had made it grow. The red glow around her died out. She stood there for a moment in eerie silence but for the wind, and looked around her. She had a breathtaking view of the countryside. She saw the moon full in the sky, and she felt so close she could touch it.
She looked down. The world at her feet was nothing more than dotted grids of tiny lights- white, yellow, orange and red.
Then, destroying the quiet tension, Iyanna spoke. And to the people in the surrounding towns below her, her tone was booming.
“OH. MY. GOD… OHMYGOD... LOOK AT WHAT’S HAPPENED TO ME…” she took several casual steps in the dark of the night, trying to maintain her wobbly balance. Her powerful soccer legs sent rumbling shockwaves through her bare and now absolutely filthy feet, crushing buildings and popping the people who didn’t get stepped on into the air like jumping beans. Down at Iyanna’s feet, quite out of her lofty sight, billowing dust and smoke enveloped a horrific scene: airborne human bodies splattered across the concrete, and steel warped and cracked. Water mains burst and cars rolled about like flaming pinballs, buildings falling on them.
“NOW NOW… WHERE WAS I?” Her arms out for balance, she looked around her, and then finally down to her left foot. “WELL, NO MORE OF THAT PROBLEM. THAT WAS JUST, LIKE, TOO EASY…” She took a step and switched her hips. Lifting her hands up casually, she peered down at her feet.
“I WONDER IF THE GANSONS ARE STILL ALIVE…,” she stated simply.
Iyanna wiggled her toes in what was mostly rubble at this point. It was a strange feeling for her, having rubble, char, and dust sifted between her toes. “PROBABLY NOT. I DON’T REALLY EVEN CARE ABOUT THEM ANYMORE- TEEHEE! THEY’RE ALL DEAD NOW! OH, AND BY THE WAY, I’M THE ONE WHO SHRUNK YOUR WINE RACK. AND I ALSO SHRUNK YOUR SON.. HE WAS SUCH A LITTLE PEST.” She was quite pleased with herself, if that wasn’t clear by now.
“WHAT A STUPID LITTLE FAMILY…”
To the thousands of shocked onlookers, the woman’s villainous Russian accent made the whole event seem even more unreal. Baby boomers, especially, were first inclined to suspect it some kind of political attack. A hellish weapon unleashed from the nightmares of their zeitgeist.
Iyanna didn’t consider these things at all. Her head was suddenly filled with only selfish thoughts. She stood there for a while, just gloating. “NOW, THIS IS REALLY, LIKE, POWER,” she boomed. “YKNOW? THIS IS LIKE, SO. MUCH. POWER.” She gave a low chuckle.
Several news and military choppers had quickly surrounded the giant assailant. Beams of light from the aircrafts criss-crossed her mountainous body, illuminating different parts of her. A thigh, a shoulder, a breast. Most of the lights were trained on her face, lighting it from a low angle that gave her a weird, sinister expression.
“OH MY GOD… WATCH …”
She casually lifted a foot, inciting screams from the fleeing people below. Lights from street lamps and building windows highlighted the detail of the destruction that was caked onto her bare sole high above. That was the last view many people had in their lives as she brought it down, stepping on them and the surrounding city block. She then took another step, aiming for a row of particularly well-lit commercial buildings. The lights blew out in a puff of smoke under her foot. It felt so strange to her. From the perspective of the choppers that hovered in the distance, Iyanna looked like she was just going for a leisurely stroll under the moonlight with her arms out for balance.
After another earth shaking minute, the enormous woman put her hands on her hips and her amused smile became stern. She began to scour the ground for something. It was hard to see in the dark, even with the streets before her dotted with lights. Her mane of blonde hair came loose from its ponytail and locks of it were falling in front of her eyes. She reached back with both hands and twisted her hair into a tight ponytail using the hair band on her wrist. She looked like a woman who meant business.
“NOW WHERE DID THAT GUN GO? OH, I’M NEVER GOING TO FIND IT AT THIS SIZE. I MIGHT AS WELL, LIKE, MAKE SURE NO ONE ELSE CAN HAVE IT. BESIDES, I THINK THIS IS THE PERFECT SIZE FOR ME TO LIKE, TAKE OVER THIS STUPID CITY.” And with that verdict, Iyanna stepped her left foot on top of whatever remained of the neighborhoods that the Gansons lived in. Smoke billowed up between her toes, which were grey with debris. Then she twisted her foot back and forth several times, and stamped up and down repeatedly for good measure. Little did she know that the shockwaves of her steps were causing earthquakes of a violent magnitude for several surrounding blocks.
“GOOD,” she said, and she pursed her lips at them in defiance. “THERE’S ANOTHER LITTLE THING I DON’T HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT. OOH, THIS IS TURNING OUT TO BE, LIKE, AWESOME.” The Titaness took a couple steps, feeling the darkened world crunch beneath her feet, and then bent over. “Y’KNOW? THIS IS LIKE, SO COOL! I DON’T KNOW HOW IT HAPPENED- HEEHEE!- BUT I KNOW THAT I’M LIKE REALLY, Y’KNOW… LOVING IT.” She moved her head back, her breasts jiggling in her spaghetti top, and looked at the ground by her heels.
“OH YES, THIS IS A MUCH, MUCH BETTER, LIKE, Y’KNOW… ARRANGEMENT FOR ME.” The woman’s voice was proud, heartless, but most importantly to the ones she was addressing, it was undeniable. They really were no bigger than lice to her, and this was indeed a much, much better set-up for her. For only her.

Chapter End Notes:

 

Iyanna Manralova enters Chicago