- Text Size +
Story Notes:

Written from the pov of anonymous author.

Author's Chapter Notes:

Again this is not about me or from my perspective, any writing is as I found it.

 

 How should I write this out? I am no author nor do I pretend to even dabble in the craft so if any of this comes off as ill conceived or foolish fodder I apologize for my lack of storytelling mastery. I am just a simple man who has come across a world of weirdness and oddities. If you don't believe in the occult or thirld realm witchcraft this will sound quite stupid.

 

For me I was just a working class male two years removed from high school. I had not enlisted in the military or enroll in college. I was a somewhat directionless average guy who got by on average grades and a smart ass sense of humor. I was a average athlete and average to below average student who grew up in a middle class Florida neighborhood.

 

After high school people say you have entered the real world and need to find some sort of direction. For me that was a mnimum wage job at a Burger King while living in my parents back guesthouse. I drove a crappy beaten down '98 Ford Ranger with a run down set of wheels and a crappy 4.1 engine which contsantly gave me fits.

Life was average to poor for me as I was seen as just another never will be in this Orlando suberb. My friends were all still in town and most shared the same lifestyle. We were all 20 year old underachievers with a future paved to nowhere fast but we really weren't concerned as long as we could get our fridges packed with alchohol on the weekends and enjoy the company of the female gender at night.

 

This is where my story begins right here after this sentence period.  Caillou was blaring on my telivision and the Teletubby marathon was about to begin while Hitler, Saddam and Ben Hur were all playing Pac Man at the pizza joint.

 

Sorry I meant the story starts now.

I had just gotten off the night shift on a October night. I had been thrilled with my day of hamburger flipping and looking forward to two well deserved days off in a row. Unfortunately for me all of my buddies were not off and couldn't hang out tonght. Being five minutes past 11 pm there wasn't much open and my parents were both visiting family in California so the main house was vacant and I was told to water the plants and the dogs before going off to sleep.

 

As I got into my truck I checked into my online dating profile which I joined as a joke after breaking up with my girlfriend last week. I posted a gag profile stating I liked pale English chicks who had a fetish for roleplaying. I took a photo of myself wearing a Rod Stewart like wig and chugging a beer.

I was bored so I checked to see if anyone took the bait. Chuckling to myself I logged in my profile name Banana Boy 69 and saw a alert on the message box.

I was both intrigued and surprised at the alert as I had only joined a day ago and according to people who had experience such alerts didn't happen so soon.

Thinking it was a gag message I clicked on it to see who the huckster was, probably some middle aged cross dresser. I moved my finger to click on the message on my phones screen and unlocked the message.

SmileyGirlVRE was the name on the sender line. I chuckled and scrolled down reading the message but before I did I saw she had a profile pic. I expanded it expecting some husky girl or a obvious  photo shop but what I saw shocked me.

What I saw was a surprisingly pleasant looking face. She wasn't drop dead gorgeous like a model or anything but she was pretty in a real world sort of way. She had long black hair which fell around her round face showing she wasn't stick thin but not fat or chubby either. Her face was full and her pale white skin made her hair look darker than night.

She wore no lipstick but her skin showed no need for it as it was perfect almost like a porcelein doll. She had a cute little nose and her natural colored lips were full and stretched in an almost joker type smile. I would have liked to call her eyes brown but they were far darker than that and seemed to be looking straight at me.

I looked away for a moment and read her message. "Hello Ben my name is Sarah and i'd like to role play with you. Message me back and we'll play. Hugs and kisses.

 

My mind went dark for a moment as I clicked back and went through my profile info. Nowhere in there had I given my real name once and yet she had known it. I logged out quickly and threw my phone down inside my truck.

 

I took a few moments and soothed myself as I saw an approaching thunderstorm heading my way. Jumping in the truck and shifting into drive I headed for home thinking of how a random person on a dating site could have guessed my name.  Ben is not really all that odd, it's not like Francouis. Calm down you foolish lug.

 

Author Note: End 1st half.

Chapter End Notes:

I will post the 2nd half next