- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

The introduction of our last major character .

While Bob was getting aquainted with his new friend his girlfriend Rachel was inside making them both some sweet tea.

 

"Honey do you want anything with the tea?" Stepping outside Rachel waited for a response before stepping out further after no answer.  " Where could he have gone?" She dialed his cell ready to pounce on him for leaving without telling her.

 

She tapped her foot against the sliding glass door causing her newly pedicured feet to slip out of her sandals. "OUCH!" Her bare skin came into contact with the hot pavement below.  Hopping up and down like a rabbit Rachel cursed and cussed up a storm.

"Where is that man and why isn't he picking up his phone?"Her face was growing red with anger at Bob's insensitive actions and she dialed up his number one more time making it the third, bypassing the message option each time. She heard the phone ringing and walked outside to where he was last seen.

His chair was still slightly wet from his dip in the pool and she saw his towel on the side. Picking it up she saw the reason he hadn't been picking up his phone. There under his damp towel was Bob's cellphone, wallet and truck keys.

 

Rachel was now beginning to worry as she knew he wasn't in the house and she had her own car keys so there was no possible way he could have driven away. It was also completely out of character for him to leave his wallet out of his presence as he had been robbed once before on a trip to New York.  The smell of chlorine filled her nose and her brain was racked with a combination of concern and intrigue.

 

Looking all around she began calling out his name. " Bobby Thomas if you are hiding and attempting to jump out and scare me you'll be sleeping in your truck tonight.  Come OUT NOW!" She heard her voice crack as she yelled out the last part. If she had any close neighbors they would have come out and wondered why she was screaming. Neighbors.......Neighbors? Rachel turned to her right and looked directly at the large home next to her. It belonged to a wealthy English family who had never even spent one night there since having it built five years ago. Until just recently, now there was that pale skinned girl who Rachel thought was a bit odd. Cecilia she recalled was her name. She had made an attempt to present an olive branch when she moved in but the pale Brit wouldn't accept it.

 

She seemed to have an inner circle of friends consisting of only about five people. Four girls and a guy who dressed like a girl and was in the process of becoming one she recalled hearing.

 

Rachel had heard stories of Cecilia and the fact she considered most American elites as"New Money" and thought the children of said families were below her in some way. It was said she grew up thinking it took at least four generations of money to be considered paved in.

 

She took these as only rumors from some of her chattier friends but still the girl was odd. There seemed to be one point of conflict with her though and that was the fact that she would catch Cecilia looking at her boyfriend while he worked outside or laid by the pool shirtless. It made her uneasy the way she looked at him, licking her lips and twirling her hair in a flirtatious way whenever she looked at him.

 

Rachel looked over the fence and went through the gated entrance after not seeing Cecilia. She studied her backyard and saw a discarded towel and a receipt .The nosy Rachel looked around to make sure she was alone and read the receipt. " Madame LeNoix's specialty shop".

 

"What is all this stuff?" Rachel recognized not a single ingredient on the paper.

Chapter End Notes:

More action next chapter, i'm done with the intro's for now.