- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Chapter Synopsis: Kira is diagnosed with a condition called Microsis, which causes the patient to shrink down to roughly an inch in size. Her girlfriend, Holly, has troubles adjusting to her new stature.

It was definetly odd when Holly carried her girlfiend Kira, wearing nothing but the tiny hospital gown she was given, out of the hospital in her hand. When the doctor told her Kira had been diagnosed with Microsis, she laughed think it was a made up disease, but there Kira was, standing only 1 inch tall, sitting comfortably in the palm of her girlfriend. There was no known cure for Microsis, but the good news is that it wasn't fatal. The doctor gave her a booklet, detailing on how to take care of her, and one of the tips was to carry her as gently as possible. The plan was to have Holly and Kira visit Kari's family for a week or so to help her adjust to her new size and have her know she had support as she struggled with her condition.  Holly opened the car door and placed Kira on the dashboard. "I... uh... don't know where you should sit" said Holly, looking for a place. "How about the cup holder?" suggested Kira. Holly gently picked her up and placed her in the cup holder. "Are you sure you're safe in there?" she asked, concerned. "Yep! It's actually pretty comfortable in here" Kira replied, assuring her.

Kira sat down with her back against the edge of the cup holder, wiggling her tiny toes. Holly couldn't help but smile at her, and went to try and tickle her but remembered that wasn't exactly a good idea. "Alright, our flight leaves in about 2 hours. We better head to the airport now" she said, starting up the car. Kira nodded, looking around her. She was bewildered by how the world looked from her new perspective. A small drop of coffee was the size of a large puddle now. She stuck her finger in it, admiring the ripples. A small bread cumb was now a big meal for her. She took a bite out of it, immediately spitting it out due to the stale and slightly moldy taste. She then gazed up at Holly, her girlfriend who was previously only 2 inches taller than her was now 71 inches taller than her. The two of them were planning to start getting sexually active, but now that was nearly impossible.

They arrived at the airport after about 20 minutes. "So I read the booklet the doctor gave me while I was in the waiting room, and he said we can still interact in a fun way if you know what I mean, but nothing all that sexual" informed Holly. Kira nodded, glad that they weren't completely isolated from each other. Kira climbed onto Holly's palm again, which was now sweaty from gripping the driver's stick the entire ride. "Oh, sorry" said Holly, placing her in her other palm. Kira wiped the sweat from her feet, tripping in the process. She barely stayed on her hand, almost plummeting to the asphalt of the parking lot. "Careful! You know what the doctor said, you're much more vulnerable at your size!" warned Holly. She then placed Kira in the pocket of her jacket. "Hey, what are you doing?" asked Kira, annoyed. "I need to hide you in my pocket, that way I only need to pay for one plane ticket." "Oh, that makes sense" Kira replied, picking up a wad of lint the size of her head. Holly walked up to the front desk of the airport, towing her luggage behind her. "1 ticket for the 3 PM flight to Toronto please" she asked the clerk. The clerk smiled and nodded, and they went through the usual ticket purchasing procedure. While they waited in the security line, Holly unzipped her luggage slightly. "Hide in here for a second while I go through security" she told her. Kira nodded, climbing in. She hid in one of Holly's socks, which still had the smell of her feet. Kira took a long sniff and layed on the comfortable fabric. "This really isn't all that bad" she said to herself. Holly herself wasn't so sure if she liked the scenario. Kira was still herself, but it was going to be a lot harder to have fun with her at only 1 inch tall. No longer could they play video games together, cook together or do anything really aside from talk or watch TV. She frowned at this idea.