- Text Size +
Story Notes:

Yes, this is just a little, simple story without any suspense or anything, it just focuses on the everyday life of a character. It's based on a literary genre of our country (Brazil) in which the stories are about someone's everyday life.

I woke up to the sounds of "Where Are You, Dear General" being played in the city. That song is for our two fathers, Kim Il-Sung and Kim Jong-Il. That was my wake up call every day. I got up from my small but comfortable bed, and went to the window to see my beautiful hometown in a sunny weather, without any clouds in the sky. There were two areas, separated by a river, one for macros (like me) and one for micros. There was a bridge connecting the two areas. One has to really think before crushing a tiny, because their punishment passes down for three generations. That means his whole family joins them at prison. Well, the bridge itself was heavily militarized.

       My breakfast inside my warm kitchen was cereal and yogurt. Since it was Sunday, the Korean Central Television would open two hours and a half later. I also gave my baby monkey Ok her morning bottle (I adopted her since her parents were killed). The picture of Kim Jong-Un near my refrigerator would always remind me of the fact we have one of the largest armies in the world, with 1.2 million active members, both tinies and giants. But you definitely don't want to mess with our ally, China, who has 2.2 million soldiers. 

       I live in such a big world and in such a small country. A small country in which it's my home and I never want to leave. The whole world is a mess, South Koreans and Americans are starving to death. Their governments don't care about their people, while Kim Jong-Un cares about us, and tries his best to improve our country. Same thing with his father and his grandfather. Why are we considered a poor country again? Because the US always shows the bad side of our country, they never show any of the good.

      Suddenly, I remembered something. My tiny friend Myung would come to my house today. That was the rule: Tinies always came to their giant friend's house. Giants never came to their tiny friend's house. That is, macros were forbidden to tresspass the heavily militarized bridge, but micros were allowed to do it. The rule existed to avoid rampages. Also, whenever micros went to the macros' area, they were watched to see if they weren't stomped on. Whoever stomped on a tiny, accidentally or intentionally, would be most likely to be executed.

      Myung came to my house in two hours. I had to open the door for him. Both of us had breakfast together, and he also had cereal and yogurt, but he drank a cup of strong, black, bitter coffee after it. We both kept hearding Ok's squeaking sounds along with other sounds of her climbing her cage in my living room. I decided to give her a bath at my bathroom's sink, and I placed Myung at it too, but at a slight distance from the monkey, so he couldn't get splashed by the water that was giant for him. 

      I loved whenever Ok sticked her tongue out. She also liked tinies, especially Myung, so she was gentle towards them. Once I dried her, she decided to run towards the sofa in my living room. Bringing Myung to watch some TV, I turned it on, and put Ok in her cage once again. But I realized she was also concentrated in the television. Did she like to listen to the national anthem and the songs of our Generals? It seemed like she definitely did. Being only a year old, she was already wise. The baby monkey also loved the Juche Tower plushie my grandma made for her. Inside her cage, she was almost always hugging it. 

      Me and Myung sang all of the three songs (The national anthem, Song of General Kim Il-Sung and Song of General Kim Jong-Il), since we always decided to show revolutionary enthusiasm. After all, the Democratic People's Republic of Korea was a young, but powerful country, in which originated from a revolution lead by our Great Leader. 

Hmmm...yes, our country is young, but it has been a while since it's origin. 70 years.