- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Heyo! This is the story  I was referring to after Junebug. I decided to try my hand of having actual literal giantesses in my story.

The narriative won't be as tightly structured as Junebug, but it's built on the character's interactions and their cultureshock into their new enviroment around them. Hopefully you guys like it.

 


 

Nearly the entire township of Bonaventure stood silent. Masses of people waited at the bay, watching the coastline for the arrival of their newest residents. Off in the horizon, they caught their first glance of an impossibly large ship coming towards the shore of the seaside city. The only hint of the true scale of their new giant residents was the house that loomed over the town's impressive hills. Still, the citizens of Bonaventure felt they were ready to meet their new massive neighbors. 

 

They weren't. 

 

Slight tremors shook the ground, forcing a large amount of people to stumble in place. They kept their eyes focused on the passenger ship ahead as it came closer, turning towards the town square that faced the ocean. It was tense few minutes as the giants inside took their time inside the boat. After a few tense seconds, two towering titanesses emerged from the inside. 

 

The first indication that they were foreign, aside from their heights, was their dark skin, their natural brown complexion bronzed further in the tropical sun they were accustomed to, a stark contrast from the paler people in the snowcapped city. The taller of the two wore her hair down, waves of flowing dark chocolate hair that reached the small of her back. The other had her black hair tied up into a messy style with side swept bangs. 

 

They swallowed the scenery, admiring the view of the town without even noticing the droves of people below. 

 

"This is it?" 

"Well, yeah, of course it is. What did you expect?" 

"I dunno, maybe it being a little... you know, bigger?" 

 

"Oh, come on, Robin. You knew exactly what we were in for." 

 

"I know, but... I didn't think it'd be this small."  

"It's cute. Everything's so... adorably tiny." 

 

There was a pause as the two turned to face the diminutive populace of Bonaventure, immediately realizing that they were listening in on the conversation. Sheepishly, they sent a shaky smile before turning back to each other. 

 

"Christ, it's cold. I'm going back inside." Robin choked, attempting to turn back. 

"Don’t even think about it. At least stay long enough to introduce ourselves." 

 

Robin, a little uncomfortable at the collective glares from the people below, focused her attention to the town itself, unimpressed at what her girlfriend Flora considered a charming sight.  

 

The town itself was secluded, shrouded in massive hills that wrapped around the town in a horseshoe that opened towards the sea. As if the town couldn't get  more picturesque, watery accents lined the city as a river flowed from the northern hilltop.  

 

The sweeping vistas were apparently not enough to lift Robin's spirits. Maybe it was the week spent cramped in the ship, but her soured mood was obvious to both her partner and the audience below. A pair of hands wrapped around her own. The woman sighed, feeling the tension in her muscles relax a the touch of her girlfriend. 

 

To the town, Robin's sheer size was enough to leave the tiny people awestruck, but her presentation in wardrobe left them as just as judgmental. Her stained gray sweatpants and off color hoodie pinned her as a slob the second they saw her, a stark contrast to the heavily dressed up woman to her left. 

 

There was a long awkward pause as the two stood on the shore, leaving craters in the sand at their feet. Flora flashed a smile, trying to defuse the tension. 

 

"Hello!" She beamed, kneeling down to get a closer look at the people skittishly standing back. Her legs dug into the beach below, sending a small puff of sand and a shockwave right after. "I'm Flora, and this is my partner Robin. We're your new neighbors." 

 

There wasn't much of a response from the crowd. Flora bit her cheek, keeping patient as she knew beforehand that the town might not really welcome them with open arms.  Still, she had hoped for a friendlier introduction, but she was fine with being the one who was open. 

 

"As some of you may know, we're here from Diamond Shores, one of your sister cities. We're here because I am writing a book on your country's history and their interactions with ours." 

 

Her official tone, while robotic, had put the people at ease somewhat. They had all been informed of the details of the giant's arrival, but hearing in person made it easier to fully comprehend. 

 

In an attempt to build a bridge, Flora inched closer, and instinctively the people began to back away. It didn't take long for them to back into the wall of a bakery, which incidentally barely reached Flora's ankle much to the horror of the tiny populace. 

 

"I won't bite," she spoke up, finding it hard to break through. "I won't hurt anyone." 

"She won't," Robin vouched, "we’re legally obligated not to." 

"Robin, you're not helping." 

 

Sighing, Robin looked up from her phone and down at the people below.  "She really won't, Flora once cried after grazing me with a knife while we were cooking." 

"Robin!"  

 

Laughing, Robin took a light shot to the gut. "She's harmless—see?" 

 

Still, the diminutive people below kept silent, either in fear or abject shock. 

 

Noticing the lack of cooperation, Robin shrugged. If they weren't going to expend an ounce of basic courtesy, she figured she wouldn't give them the satisfaction of getting on her knees like her partner had. Scanning the beach, she looked for an out and nearly rejoiced at the sight of duffel bags and suitcases. 

 

"I don't know about you, but I'm going to put away the bags." 

 

Without much protest, Flora let her girlfriend walk back towards the relatively small boat. She sighed to herself, knowing that it was all up to her to determine whether or not they'd be chased away with pitchforks. Still, she felt it was necessary to establish a friendly relationship from the start with the locals. 

 

For lack of a better phrase, Flora figured she had to be the bigger person, metaphorically speaking. 

 

It was a few painful seconds of waiting before someone decided break of from the pack. She was stiff, craning her neck to look at the giantess on her knees who still towered over her. Her hair was a platinum blonde, tired in an updo with crisp cut bangs hanging over her forehead. Her clothes were simple yet formal. Nervously, the tiny woman stopped short of the massive woman's legs. 

 

"Nice to meet you," she forced out. Her shaky voice and her trembling knees were clear indications that she was at the very least intimidated by Flora. "It's pretty... surreal to see someone your stature, let alone to have you as a neighbor." 

 

She chuckled nervously, looking up to the woman who smiled back warmly. 

 

"Nice save." Flora teased, extending a fingertip, "Nice to meet'cha, Miss..." 

"Angela Aurelie," she answered stiffly, awkwardky returning the gesture by gripping the massive digit with both hands. "I'm the city planner and head of the Community Development Commission." 

 

Flora's eyes sparked in interest, "so you're the one who helped us live here." 

 

Angela nodded, "we're excited to have you here, Miss Reyes." 

 

There was a  slight pause in their conversation, enough to noticeable for both parties involved, yet neither really had anything else to say. The giantess stood up to her full height, her strappy sandals alone dwarfing the little people. Instinctively, she scrunched her toes, earning anxious stares aimed at her digits. 

 

"Well, um... Tonight Robin and I are having a movie night. It's kinda something we do every week, but you guys are all welcome to join. I'm pretty sure we have enough space for a lot of you guys. Oh, and uh, Robin's making brownies, and they are literally the best thing ever. So... um, don't be a stranger. So—tonight at eight." 

 

Unceremoniously, Flora walked off, a slight skip in her step, mostly to cover more ground. Following the beach, she passed the surrounding mountains, a little surprised that the tallest peaks barely reached her knees. 

 

Her house, while modest, still managed to dominate the mountains. She had an active role in designing her temporary home, and she was adamant about taking up the least space possible. It also happened to be one of the most ecologically friendly buildings on the continent, decked out with solar panels and water saving features. 

 

Turning the door knob, Flora stepped in, admiring the homey interior. Luckily for her, the house was furnished with their own personal belongings beforehand. Once again, under her stubborn demand, the moving process was just as discreet as the initial construction of the house. The last thing she wanted was angry townspeople before they even moved in. 

 

The layout was simple, small, and efficient. Bedroom in the back attached to the bathroom, a small hallway that split to the only other two rooms, the kitchen and the living/dining room. Surprisingly, the cramped living quarters was welcomes, bringing her back to her college years spent in dorms, but this time her only roommate was Robin.  

 

She couldn't help but laugh at the thought of a dormitory full of college girls wreaking havoc on the tiny city nearby. 

 

"Robin? You in here?" she called, stepping into the newly christened living room. The place was already cluttered with the last of the moving bags and pile groceries to last a month. 

 

"I'm in the kitchen!" Robin answered, popping her head through a narrow hole in the kitchen, opening into the living room. "Just putting away the food. Mind helping out?" 

 

Flora nodded, reaching for two paper bags. Lazily she waltzed into the kitchen, admiring the new home in it's blank yet welcoming aesthetic. Squeezing past her partner in the tight galley, she dropped her bags onto the kitchen counter before reaching for the fruits and sugary snacks on the inside. 

 

As always, Flora started her storing procedure by unwrapping a pocket of apple pie and biting into it before putting away the rest of the groceries. The pie hung out of her mouth while she stacked a somewhat excessive amount of cereal boxes in a nearby cupboard.  

 

"So how'd it go?" Robin asked, tossing in a jug of orange juice into the new refrigerator. 

"I kinda..." Flora spoke up, muted by the fried food in her mouth. "Inbited erryone to mobie night." 

 

"You what!?" Robin griped, dropping a loaf of white bread. "But that was our thing?" 

 

Flora spat out the pastry before saying, "I know but, but--" 
"You can’t just—UGH!" 

"I'm sorry! I just didn’t know what to do. They were all staring at me." 

 

Sighing, Robin swooped down to pick up the bundle of bread, "whatever. It’s fine, we just have to remember to keep our feet off the coffee table." 

"I also told them you were making brownies." 

"Of course you did. That's what I get for abandoning you, I guess." 

 

Taking a break from the groceries, Robin walked off into the living room, a modest corner restricted to the bare essentials: a couch, a coffee table, a lamp, and a plain "government issue" tv hanging on the wall. 

 

Luckily for Robin, she managed, strong armed to be accurate, to get her large armchair onto the essential's list for the move to Bonaventure. She slumped onto the faux leather seat, sinking into the plush padding before letting out a tired sigh. She ran her fingers through her short black hair, a dramatic display only made to guilt trip her girlfriend. 

 

"Come on, Robbie. Just think how cool it will be for them to watch a movie on a screen larger than their neighborhood. Oh, what if we took them to a movie theater back home?" 

 

Smiling at the thought, Robin rested her head on her girlfriend's side, "don't push your luck. It's a miracle we even got the visas and zoning permits to live here. And that's with my sisters in the Bureau and the Senate. All for your stupid book." 

 

"Love you too." Flora responded cheekily, brushing off Robin's comment. "It’s for cultural exchange and advancement. I'm not just here to frolic among out tiny neighbors to the north." 

"We're not in the Bureau anymore, so you can quit acting like it wasn't your idea." 

 

Leaning over, Robin playfully pecked at her Flora's cheek, before resting her head on her partner's neck. 

 

"You know what I miss?"  

"Frankie?" Flora answered, referring to their pet dog left at home. 
"Well that's a given." Robin shot back. "Aside from him." 

 

"It can’t be your armchair." 

"Oh, shut up," Robin chided lightly, "I'm talking about the little Chinese place on Second." 

"Oh, right. It's Friday, isn't it? I'm sorry, Robbie. I know how much you love that place." 

 

"I hate you." Robin scolded, but the two knew she didn't mean it in the slightest. "We can't even get that shitty pizza you like. You know, the one with the cardboard crust."  

 

"I'll let you pick the movie," Flora spoke up in a whisper, choosing to ignore Robin's comment and extending an olive branch in the form of a free choice of their movie library. 

 

"I always pick it anyway." 

Chapter End Notes:

Hopefully you guys like this story. I've got some fun stuff planned for this. Those of you who are following Riled up, don't worry, expect an update next week by the latest. I plan on having these two switch off each week.

Anyways leave a comment and let me know what you think. It definitely helps keep me going.