- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

This chapter is primarily written in past tense, due to the story. Future chapters will be told in present tense.

This is my first story I've written.

Adam:

                Hi. You, the lucky reader, are about to read one of the most interesting events that happened to me and my friends. The group nominated me to start off this Journal, and over the course of the next few months we will all be documenting in it, both our experiences and our viewpoints during our time participating in this event. You might be asking who am I? Who is this group? What is this event?

                Well let me start by talking about myself. My name is Adam, and most would call me adventurous. I like to explore new things and take on challenges, no matter how big. I work as an engineer for a design firm. I have a loving wife named Allison, who is my best friend in life and also an amazing sex partner :). She works as a nurse at a hospital. My other best friend who I’ve known since childhood is James, who is a stand-up comedian and actor. He’s currently a side character in a TV show. He is married to Susan, who is actually an architect that works at the same design firm as me. Susan is an excellent lady who has quite a dominant nature, thankfully I don’t work for the same department as her. The four of us is the group. We do everything together, and I mean everything ;). Allison and I live only a couple of blocks from James and Susan.

                About a month ago, a group of men and women in suits and sunglasses knocked on the door to my house. Allison and James and Susan were in the house with me. I first thought it was the FBI or CIA or MIB or something. They said they were from a company called Global Test Solutions, that had just finished primary testing of their new product and now wanted to get some field data. They promised us that it would change our lives, and at the end they would pay each of us $1 million each. We became interested immediately at that number and let them in. They told us that the four of us were selected because they were looking into potential applications of the product, and determined that the four of us would make a good test case for a particular application: sex. In particular, they were looking for a close group of swingers, and they somehow found out about us (we found out a couple days later that one of our neighbors was an executive for the company, and could hear us. Apparently we were louder than we expected). We became interested in what this product is, and then they dropped the bombshell on us. A shrinking gun.

                I didn’t believe them. Nor did the others. Then they used the gun right there and them on one of their own. We saw with our own eyes one of the men shrink to about 2 inches tall. They restored him almost immediately. We were stunned. I looked at Susan and Allison, and I could see their minds churning, and then it hit me what they were probably thinking about. I suddenly became hard, and a second later I saw the lightbulb go off in James mind as well. We immediately said yes.

                They then explained the rules. The gun is designed to be tamper proof, but any attempt to see the internals or change them results in a $10,000,000 fine. The gun will have GPS, and at any time the company can’t track the gun, or if it leaves the house, we forfeit the gun. Finally, we can only use the gun on the four of us, no one else.

                They mentioned that, when shrunk, our bodies are more densely packed, and thus are much more durable. They said to think of the movie Ant-Man, but without the strength or speed or ability to talk to ants. We were visibly excited. We had to sign some paperwork, and then they left, saying that a package will arrive in one week. They asked us to document our actions with the device, which is what this journal is. After they left, we started discussing the possibilities. There were some very interesting suggestions made that night, and I’m sure we’ll be experiencing many of them. Those discussions led to some 4-way action that night.

                The next day, we decided that we want to explore it fully, and so we built 2 prize wheels (think the wheel from Wheel of Fortune). The first prize wheel had 4 numbers. 1, 2, 3, and 4. The second prize wheel had our names: Adam, Allison, James, and Susan. The first wheel would determine how many people shrank that night. We would spin the second wheel to pick who would be shrunk. We built it in a couple of days, eagerly anticipating the arrival of that package.

                That package arrived this morning, and after this entry is written in the Journal, the four of us will have our first night with the shrink gun. Stay tuned for the first night’s activity.

Chapter End Notes:

What do you think? Please let me know.