- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Leo and Travis enact their plan, but will it backfire, or will it pay off?

---------

Our sisters greet the family at the door, while me and my brother make a run for Mia's bedroom, hoping to stay hidden for as long as we can until they eventually decide to look for us. Beth and Mia know us too well to bother looking for us, since we play this game almost every day. Depending on their mood, they'll either take it in good spirit, scream the house down, or they'll just wait it out until we get bored.

We make it to Mia's room quickly and quietly as we hear Beth tell us that everyone has arrived, her voice audible from downstairs.

With Mia being 18 and a dependable figure for her two younger brothers, you would expect her room to be organised and tidy, however, it is the opposite. The large confined space looks like it recently had it's own personal hurricane sweep through it, throwing clothes, cups and makeup in every direction. Her room looks like a wasteland of fabric and beauty products.

Luckily we know every corner of the house inside out, taking refuge in a hidden space behind Mia's dresser where nobody will find us. With a stash of candy hidden in this space for emergencies, we're planning on staying here for a while. The idea of having to talk to Faye and Kathryn's parents wasn't very appealing.

Me and Travis don't get to talk to many people even though we should be extremely popular. We are a well-kept secret from the world, with the government planning on keeping it that way, we rarely get to talk to new people and when we do it always takes a lot of explaining. The only people who know about us is our family and our friends, which are the other kids who go to our homeschool group.

"You know, we can't stay here all night, I'm hungry and Beth said we're having pizza." I tell my brother, hoping he doesn't plan on staying here too long.

"If they don't start looking for us within the next 2 hours, I guess we can go downstairs." He answers, tempted by the idea of eating pizza.

After an hour, it seemed as though nobody was interested in even coming to see us. Soon after that, boredom started to take it's toll on my brother, so he came up with another plan.

"Hey, I bet we can get Mia's diary under here, I see it hanging off the edge of her bed." He said, pointing towards the bed sheets where the back of her diary could be seen hanging open.

"Sounds good, I've never actually read what she puts in there, probably because she doesn't want us seeing it." I answer, unable to recall ever seeing it left open like that. She must really think we're just sitting in our room pushing golf balls around like we usually do. It's so unlike Mia to let her guard down like this, maybe she's talking with Faye's parents and doesn't want to be rude by ditching them.

Travis and I make our way to her bed, stepping around a pair of discarded socks which smelled strongly of sweat. Travis made a point to pinch his nose and wave at the air as we walked past them.

Finally reaching the bed, we decided to see if our weight could pull the bedsheet enough for the book to fall.

"On the count of three we jump and pull. One, two, three, jump!" All at once we grabbed on to the hanging bedsheet and the diary landed with an almighty thud which we were certain everyone had heard.

We ran desperately for the diary, not seeing the other object which was slowly rolling towards the edge of her bed. The long object hit the carpet rolling, missing Travis by an inch. I gulped when I noticed what it was, a 7-inch purple transparent dildo, sitting there on the floor. Travis ignored it, not having any idea what it was, but glad that it missed him instead of knocking him on his butt. I had no idea one of my sisters owned one of these, maybe even Beth had one, it was a strange and disturbing thought.

It brought back memories of a time when I was at the mall with Faye. She was hiding me in her jacket pocket at the time and she thought it would be funny to take me into a shop which sold sex toys. Faye found it strangely satisfying when I asked her what the big cylinder shaped object was and even more satisfying after explaining it to me. She made me stand next to it while she took a picture, making fun of my size in comparison to a dildo.

Mia must have heard the thud, because footsteps could already be heard from downstairs.

"What the heck is that big purple thing?" Travis asked as we dragged the diary across Mia's room, pointing towards the sex toy.

"You don't wanna know, ask Mia about it later." I reply with a concealed smile, knowing it would be funny to see that conversation.

As we were about to reach the dresser, we could hear quick footsteps making their way towards the room.

We managed to push the diary in to the corner just as Mia burst into the room, her face a mix of concern, shock and anger.

Her first reaction was at the sight of her little secret in plain site in the middle of the floor, her next reaction was when she noticed her diary was missing.

"Ok, what the fuck Leo, where is my diary? How the hell even..." She trailed off with a grunt of frustration as she picked up the dildo and placed it back on top of her bed, hoping we either didn't know what it was or just didn't see it.

From our hiding spot, we could make out her bare feet walking back and forth around the room searching for her diary. First she looked underneath her bed, then each piece of furniture, failing to see us in our corner. She then proceeded to throw clothes around from the floor, making sure we weren't hiding underneath a stray shirt.

"If you two are in here I swear you guys aren't getting pizza tonight." Mia warned, although there was a tone of uncertainty in her voice since she couldn't find us.

Another set of feet entered the room, this time they belonged to Faye, who had come upstairs to see what was going on.

"Hey Mia, what's up?" Faye asked, wondering what all the noise was about.

Mia made sure to block Faye's view of the object on the bed by sitting on it.

"My diary was right here on my bed, but I can't find it anywhere." Mia answers, a little embarrassed seeing Faye judge the messy state of her room.

"Do you think your brothers had anything to do with it?" Faye questions, with a knowing smile. Their voices were easy to make out from here, but I was tempted to look out to catch a glimpse of Faye.

"It has to be them, they're always hiding my stuff and somehow they get away with it. I definitely had my diary right here on my bed. They're like ninjas, except this time they made a lot of noise."

"They must have hid in Beth's room, or your parent's room. I'll check in Beth's room and you check your parent's." Faye suggests, as they split up in search of the diary thieves.

Me and Travis snicker at our successful capture of Mia's diary, now all we have to do is make it out without being caught, maybe slip into our dad's office to pretend we were there the whole time.

The thud of footsteps from the rooms upstairs tells us that they're searching for us, meaning we have a small window of opportunity. We make a break for the door, until we hear Mia call out to Faye.

"I'm gonna check to make sure I didn't leave it in my wardrobe or something, maybe I'm just being dumb." She says, quickly making her way back to her room.

I start to panic knowing we're about to be caught in the act. The distance to the dresser was too far, so I had to make a split second decision.

"Quick, get in these." I whispered, pointing towards the pair of socks right next to us.

We basically dive into each sock, just as the door opens again, this time Mia's footsteps are dangerously close to our position, so much so that we're able to feel the vibrations in the floor.

Drawers are being opened and things are being moved around in her room, until after 5 minutes she sounds like she has given up again.

"Nope, nothing here, those two are definitely behind this." Mia shouts to Faye, who has just finished scouting Beth's room.

"Nothing in there either, where could they be?" Faye wonders aloud, smiling at the idea of a game of hide and seek to find her friend.

Meanwhile, Beth arrives at the scene intent on learning what all the fuss is about.

"Hey, what's going on?" She asks, noticing Mia's defeated expression.

"Leo and Travis have my diary and now they're hiding from us." Mia explains, outwitted by us once again.

"I'll go look for them, let me know if you find them." Faye says, before leaving the room to try and track us down.

Mia and Beth however, are used to this game that we play on most days and are happy to let Faye do the job of searching for once.

"You know, if your room wasn't such a mess, maybe you wouldn't lose things so easily." Beth comments, gesturing towards the piles of clothes strewn across the carpet.

"Lose things? You know I didn't lose my diary. Why don't you help me clean this mess up if it bothers you so much." Mia retorts, not taking Beth's demeaning comments lightly.

The two tiny figures within Mia's dirty socks begin slowly crawling further to the end of the socks in the hopes that they aren't found.

Beth grabs a handful of shirts, immediately along with the two socks, completely unaware of her two brothers who reside in them.

Grabbing handfuls of bras and socks, she piles them together before lifting the stack of clothes and dumping them into the laundry basket, which was originally empty.

"You have an empty laundry basket, yet your floor is covered in worn clothes." Beth remarks, letting her sarcasm go to work on Mia's short temper.

"Maybe if I wasn't so busy washing your clothes, I'd have time to use it." She answers, even though she only recently did the chores for a change. Beth lets it slide, happy enough that she got her younger sister riled up.

Meanwhile within the dark confines of Mia's laundry basket, Leo and Travis are squirming out of the sweaty socks and into an even bigger mass of dirty clothes.

Beth and Mia left the room to go look for their brothers, unknowingly leaving them trapped inside a laundry basket.

"Travis, can you hear me?" I ask into the darkness, my mouth partially covered by some soft fabric.

All that I get back are muffled words which I can't make out, but I know that he's somewhere ahead of me. The feeling of weightlessness has messed up with my sense of gravity, like getting stuck in an avalanche.

I attempt to push through the material in front of me, but I only end up pushing myself backwards into more soft fabric. The heat is insane being compressed by all this material, especially since there isn't much air being recycled. I know that we need to get out of here pretty quick unless we want to asphyxiate amongst our sister's clothes.

A gap in the fabric presents itself, so I pull myself through, making my way towards the source of the mumbling. The smell is especially unbearable being a mixture of every perfume Mia has ever used along with the overwhelming sweatiness of her socks.

Eventually, me and my brother make it to the top of the laundry pile, but with the lid closed, all we can do is wait.

A whole hour later, Faye gave up on trying to find us and went back to talking with our sisters and her parents. Luckily, Mia came back to finish her laundry, carrying us downstairs to the washer before dumping us on the ground amongst all of the clothes. She walked away long enough for me and Travis to get out of there as fast as possible. We made it into the hallway before she got back, completely unaware.

We decided to go talk to everyone in the living room and hopefully convince them that we were innocently playing downstairs in the games room. The games room contains a pool table and miniature versions of most things for us to use.

"Now we have Mia's diary we can unveil all her secrets, it's like the ultimate blackmail." Travis comments, evily tapping his fingers together.

"The only problem is, we'll need to get into Mia's bedroom every time we need to read it and we cannot move it since she'll never expect it to be hidden in her own room." I remind him, also agreeing with the idea of knowing all her secrets.

There aren't many times when we can win arguments with Mia, since she mostly uses her physical advantage to shut us up. This may include intentionally sitting on us, flicking us or simply moving us to a different room in order to win an argument.

"I bet Beth would love to know some of Mia's secrets too, we could even put them against each other." He laughs, excited at the possibilities.

I've got to admit, my brother can be downright evil when he wants to be.
Chapter End Notes:

I hope you enjoyed this chapter, please let me know how you feel about the story so far in a review :) thanks.