- Text Size +

Chapter 2: Ansam

“Father?” A boy beckoned.

“Yes son?” An Old man replied.

“Why am I so alone?” The boy asked.

“That is not something I can answer, as the answer will only be revealed to yourself. I cannot affect when or why it will happen, but only you will. Keep searching, and you will find the truth.”

 The man said. He slowly rose to his feet, as he began to walk away from the boy.

“No! Wait! Please!”

The boy screamed, attempting to run after his father. He ran has fast as he could, trying to grab his father’s hands, but no matter how hard he tried, he was always a step short. The boy soon fell to the floor, weeping until there were no more tears left.

“Don’t leave me! Please! I don’t want to be alone anymore! I don’t!” The boy cried.

The man soon left the vision of the boy, leaving him alone, crying on the ground. Everything began to shine with a bright white light, until the boy couldn’t see anymore.

“Gah!” a man shrieked.

“Ansam! Are you okay?” Another man asked.

“Yes, I’m fine. Just another failure in the spirit world.”

“Ah, I see. Well Ansam, it’s just as you told me what the spirit said; don’t rush it. You’ve been at it far too many times in quick succession and you’re failing faster every time you attempt to find answers. Give it a break for a while. Besides, we’re arriving at the base soon.” The man said.

“Wow.” Ansam said with excitement. He let out a sigh knowing he had to give up on finding whatever it is he needed in the spirit world.

“I can’t believe we’re here. A fresh new start. I finally get to use these powers for once. I’m not restricted by the government anymore. Besides, being able to finally use these powers may just unlock some memories in the spirit world.”

 Ansam said, as he began waving his arms around in an odd fashion. Fire began engulfing out of his hands, and soon after the air itself began manifesting around him too. Soon enough, water began flowing around his body as pieces of earth shot out of the ground and moved at his will.

“Hopefully this new life will open up some answers, and finally I will serve a purpose in my life.” He said to himself, as they slowly entered the compound. 

 

Chapter 3: Ariadne

The compound was huge, and I mean huge. You’d think something this big would raise questions and have some curious enough to wander towards it, yet to my knowledge it has not been meddled with in centuries. I couldn’t believe it when I was told this compound has been around for well over 500 years, housing many other people like us; superheroes. To be honest I thought I was the only one with “powers” but truthfully, mine are synthetic so I wouldn’t even technically classify myself as one. I entered the compound shortly after and was immediately given a tour. Mila was snatched away from my side the instant we came so they can get started on her issue with her powers. She’s had instances where she feels like she has an infinite amount of strength and sometimes found her levitating for a few seconds. The scientists are working on trying to awaken these powers, in hope to make her one of us. I was told that superheroes and supervillains have been fighting one another for centuries, before it was all settled during what he called “the great war.” Nearly every single superhero and villain alike were annihilated when the strongest superhero and the strongest villain both used all the power in their reserves in a desperate attempt to finish of each other. Not only did they both end up killing themselves, they send out a resonating ball of energy, blasting out destroying a quarter of the world and what everyone thought to be the entire race of superheroes and villains. Little to our knowledge, some still had the genes within them and everything has been on a small scale for the last 200 years. Nothing really happens anymore between the two; the most you see is a petty crime or something while collar related.

            Anyways, I tuned out immediately the moment the tour guides began flooding me with adoration of my father. The tour was brought to a halt when a rather short man in a military uniform approached me. The tour guides dispersed the second he came.

“Ah, and I can only assume you are the one and only Adriane Santiago?” The man asked, slowly walking towards me

“Yes, that would be me, Ariadne Santiago, in the flesh!” I said in a “high & mighty” tone, giving off a cute bow. The most important thing is to be funny with others, it allows for easy friendships to form.

“Excuse me ma’am but if I recall, I am not some pathetic monarch that sits their ass on a throne all day, barking away useless orders while giving myself an orgasm when the tea bag was left in my tea for just the right amount of time! So you stand the hell up and salute your general!” The, as I can only assume now general said.

So much for making friends. Can’t hurt to try, huh? Well I guess it’s going to hurt now. I quickly rose up and held a salute until he did the same.

“Sir yes sir! I apologize for my ignorance sir!”  I said in a monotone voice. I looked slightly ahead of him because his attempt of a scowl was making me want to die of laughter.

“That’s more like it ma’am. Meet me in the courtyard in 3 hours to meet your new team and prepare for initiation.” He said as he turned around and walked away.

“Roger that sir” I said.

“You stuck up bitch.” I whispered.

The general immediately stopped. Shit.

“What was that ma’am?” The general asked, with his laughter inducing scowl.

“Nothing sir! Nothing at all, sir!” I said saluting again.

He crept up closer to me, watching me dead in my eye. I continually battled my mouth, keeping the smirk off my face as I had no choice but to look at him back in respect. He tried to come eye to eye with me, but clearly that was impossible. He had to be less than five feet, five inches, and I was eight feet tall.

“You and I are going to be best of friends.” He said coldly. He continued to watch me for what felt like 15 seconds before finally turning around and walking away. He got into an elevator and watched me until the doors closed.

Oh for god’s sake I thought to myself. That’s going to be my commander in chief? I’m in for a ride. I looked around for a place to go but was only met with faces of disgust from the staff of the compound.

“What?” I asked, but all I got were looks of shame and resentment before they walked off. I must have really offended them with that stunt with the general. Damn I feel like a dick. I already have the “pretentious spoiled daughter” slapped all over my face. What a great start.