- Text Size +

Chapter 1: Ariadne

I didn’t ask for this life.

It’s funny you know, majority of people in this lifeless world would do anything in their power just for the feeling of riches and fame. Well I can tell you first hand that it’s a pathetic life. there’s nothing to gain out of this life of fortune other than the constant pressure of people watching your every move, and the moment you screw up, it’s plastered everywhere in the world. I’m probably the most credible source for this, being the daughter of the richest man in the world; Damien Santiago, with a net worth of 300 trillion, yes trillion, not billion. I don’t much care about my father, and if you ask him the same thing, he’d almost pause for a second, contemplating if he had one. The bastard, all he wants are boys to carry on his legacy, as if three sons weren’t enough. Whatever though, he doesn’t care about me, and I can say ditto to that. I only care for my mother, and that’s all, not my father, not my brothers, not any of the billions of people watching my every move. I sought out to at least make my mark as the daughter of the richest man in the world, and soon enough, I became probably the greatest mind this Earth has currently to offer. I graduated University with my PhD in sciences, and won one of the most prestigious science awards ever to be handed. How you ask? Easy. I created a serum to be able to manipulate the host’s height, amassing to hundreds of feet, without any complications, as well as the ability to shrink back to size at will. I was immediately approached for the award, but I quickly declined after learning that you must surrender your creation to be given the award and be credited in history. The bastards, it’s all just a ploy to steal your years of work, all for a shitty piece of paper and a measly piece of tempered glass.

The true moment that stole the show was when this pathetic “scientist”, if you even want to call him that, attempted to steal my serum and attempt to duplicate it and publish himself for the credit. I chased after him and the weasel pulled a gun on me and fired. It entered my chest and I fell to my knees. My entire body filled with rage as my creation was being taken away from me. Though when I came to my senses and opened my eyes, I realized I was a giant. I watched the scientist as my gargantuan body towered over him. So I did what any rational person would do in this situation and I stomped the fucker into the floor. Nothing was left but red paste left on the concrete. I can’t believe it, my creation actually evolved within me and become one with myself. I was in absolute ecstasy with this. I couldn’t fathom what just happened, however, it was short lived as I was greeted with a countless number of volts being driven into my back. I collapsed and couldn’t remember anything after that. I woke up to the sight of a man claiming be a part of a top secret task force, and they needed me and my “expertise” on their team. I was reluctant to join as it was yet another man just using me for their intentions, but hey, how could you resist the immunity of being a giantess whenever you want and no laws affect you? I just needed one more thing; I quickly got my best friend Mila and set out for the base camp.

If there’s one thing to stick by, then I would have to say it’s this: No matter how much a person changes, whether it be their appearance, voice, the clothing they wear, whether it be they suffered loss, heartbreak or experienced an insurmountable amount of joy, people will always stay the same on in the inside, the true self no one will ever know.