- Text Size +

Chapter 6: Ansam

I met up with the general and we began to slowly walk to Ariadne’s “living quarters”. Finally for once we can meet our entire team in peace. We approached the area she was being held in. we opened the door to find a defeated Ariadne. Burn marks were scattered around her body with a soldier recovering off to the side. The other soldier standing by her stood straight and saluted the general.

“Sir! She tried numerous times to grow but we kept repeatedly shocking her. She eventually endure it at one point and grew and injured one of our men, but I was able to subdue her. She is out of control sir.”

The general did not look pleased. Not even a day, and she has caused so much trouble. I don’t see how she is going to fit in with the rest of us. The general seemed to be at his wits end with Ariadne, but he had pressing information to reveal to us and needed to speak.

“Look, everyone. We have no time to bicker and there are more pressing matters in this world. Your friend Mila will not be joining you on this mission. Ironically, one of our best soldiers have been captured and is held captive at a base camp. The task is simple: infiltrate the base and rescue our man. You are weapons free but please I advise you to spare any soldier you fight and bring them back to our base to fight the good fight. That applies to you Ariadne. The man you save will be a part of your team. So get out there and save your man.”

The general gave us one last salute before nodding to the soldier and walking off. The soldier removed the chains from Ariadne’s body and walked away quickly, pulling away his fellow soldier. Ariadne slowly attempted to stand up, but fell down due to the burns from the shockers.

“Here, let me help you up.” I slowly walked over to her and picked up her arm. She quickly wrenched her arm from my grasp and tried to help herself up.

“I don’t need your help.” She was barely able to muster those words.

“Please let me heal you. I can bend water to heal you.” I said as I slowly closed my eyes and began to bend the water onto her. She quickly shoved me off to the side and the flow of the water dropped to the floor she stood in front of me, towering over me. She had to be eight feet tall, and I was a mere five foot two inches. My vision only met her abdomen.

“I said, I don’t need your fucking help.” She said angrily. Her voice, filled with insurmountable amounts of rage, defeat, and sadness. She looked ahead shortly before walking out the room. We had a mission to do together in a few hours and she can’t even stand the sight of me.

Again, I am alone.