- Text Size +

Chapter 4: Ariadne

More than three and a half hours have passed and I’m sitting in the courtyard, waiting for the rest of my team and my commander to join me. The courtyard was huge, had to be more than 2 full football field lengths long and wide. It was mostly empty, but there were dummies and different shooting ranges set up. I think I was dying of boredom; I had to do something. I walked about, well not that far because I wasn’t trying to explore two football fields of essentially nothing but dirt and targets, but I did end up finding a weird practice area. It was filled with dummies set up in a circle just sitting idle by. There was a button labeled “Push for practice” So I assumed it was target practice or something. I walked up to it and pushed the button. Nothing happened.

“Great, it’s broke.” I thought to myself. “Big ass facility like this and they couldn’t take the time to fix their practice dummies.”

I slowly began to walk away until I heard a weird noise. I paused and looked at one of the dummies. I crept up to it and bent down to look at it closely. All the dummies, which had to be around 10 instantly rose up and stood idle by. I jumped back and watched it now as it adjusted to my height. I poked the dummy and it just plopped back like a floaty. Huh, they were just training dummies, I thought to myself as I playfully punched them. As I went for a straight jab, it seemed that the dummy dodged my punch.

“Huh? Did it just do- nah it couldn’t have done that. Must have been the wind.” I thought to myself.

I thought wrong.

Right after the dummy dodged my second punch, it pulled back and swung, full force into my face. It stunned me that a training dummy would do that so I fell flat on my ass. I quickly got up and readied my hands to block.

“What the fu-” But before I could finish, a dummy from behind swung full force at me, striking me in the back, sending my forwards. Soon after, a barrage of full force dummies began pummelling me into the floor. I tried to block them all, and tried to dodge a few, but these damn things stung. They were only rubber for God’s sake! Soon after I lost my balance and fell on my stomach. I felt so embarrassed that the fact dummies were beating my ass. I opened my eyes and could barely see a few people watching me. My vision isn’t so amazing, but I can tell when someone is laughing.

So much rage built up inside of me, until I couldn’t hold it anymore. I hated being laughed at, let alone being demolished by training dummies. My body began to grow until I was about thirty feet tall. The dummies were unable to compute the height I rapidly grew to but it didn’t matter as I wiped them out in one stomp. I quickly trained my eyes on the people laughing at me; two girls and one guy. I began stomping towards them, oblivious of the other equipment I trampled beneath my feet. The three staff members quickly realized my intentions as they began to run inside. I picked up my pace and started running towards them. Two of the staff members made it inside, leaving behind one of the girls that tripped. I love it, classic horror movie death; the bitch trips and is suddenly unable to run. She tried to quickly gather up all her bearings before running back into the building, escaping the bottom of my boot. My stomp sent out a thundering roar, echoing throughout the courtyard. But I wasn’t just about to give up. I quickly kneeled down and rammed my fist through the compound doors, knocking the same girl that escaped me flat onto her chest. The blast rendered her momentarily stunned as she put up no effort to run away from my blind search inside. I realized I found a foot and instantly grabbed it, squeezing it with my hand. I couldn’t help but to hear the agonizing scream from the woman, but I didn’t care. I slowly dragged her out from safety and back outside, in the grasp of my hand. I brought her close to my face and didn’t wait to let out my wrath.

“You think you can just laugh at me bitch and get away with it?!” I screamed into her face. I received no answer other than the petrified scream of a girl.

“Answer me you whore! Not so brave now when you can easily be my next meal! I should just fucking stomp you into the floor for the bug you are.” I said, as I gripped her even tighter.

The girl said nothing but screamed. I was growing tired of this annoying bitch. I was getting ready to plop her into my mouth when I was abruptly stopped.

“ARIADNE! STAND DOWN! THAT IS AN ORDER! JUST WHAT THE FUCK DO YOU THINK YOU’RE DOING WITH MY STAFF?” the general screamed, across the courtyard. Shit, every time I do shit like this, someone is always there to ruin the fun.

“But they started it! They laughed at me when I was losing to the dummies!” I tried to counter back.

The general watched me for a moment

“But they started it? Soldier did you just say that? You know what, I don’t care. All I know is that you do not treat fellow staff members like that let alone destroy government property! You will put that woman down right now or so help me god Santiago!” The general threatened.

I wasn’t about to let him have the last laugh.

“Ok commander, whatever you say.” I said with a huge grin on my face. I dropped the woman from 35 feet from the air, just as the general asked. The woman began to plummet to the ground. She screamed, nothing new but louder than before. I watched in pure excitement to watch her body go splat, but that was short lived when a man instantly teleported to her, catching her mid fall, and teleporting back to the general and some others.

“You little shit! I’m going to crush you!” I yelled.

What was wrong with me? I was going on a rampage on my own team members. I had no idea what was flowing through me, but all I wanted to do was grow, and destroy. I ran towards them, growing to 50ft. I quickly stopped as I towered over the man and the-should-have-been-dead woman as I rose my foot and brought it down. It was short lived though, as my left leg was swept really hard and my body flew into the air. I was immediately smashed into the ground. The blast sent out a wave of dust, instantly reverting my size. My vision slowly went black. When I woke back up, however long it has been, I woke up tied down with chains and soldiers by either side.

This has been a great start.