- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Chapter 16: Ansam

            I managed to recover faster than Ariadne and I began to run towards her. I went in for a straight hook to her stomach, enveloping my fists in flames, she quickly dodged it, striking at the joint in my arm, nearly dislocating it. Ariadne was hitting all of my vitals and slowly tearing me apart; I needed to end this soon. She clapped her hands on my ears, stunning me and kicking me in the stomach, sending me to the ground. I fell on my knees, gasping for air. I was thinking about my next move when I noticed my shadow being taken over by something else. I quickly turned around to find a gigantic hand coming to squash me. I quickly teleported away and watched Ariadne, standing at around 20 feet. She looked at me with a devious grin, with the intent of winning; but I couldn’t lose. I thought about the fact that due to her size, she is going to have a while to recover from her strikes. I quickly began to flow wind around me; I was readying my final move: I was going to create enough wind to send her flying into the air, knock her back down and make a pillar of Earth shoot up from the ground, hopefully finishing her off. Though I underestimated my foe as I was struck with something of immense power. I could feel my body being sent flying away, seeing Ariadne watching me, standing in the stance as if she just kicked a soccer ball, this time I was the ball. My body collided with the walls of the training field and I fell to the floor. My god that hurt so much, but I wasn’t ready to give up. I was slowly bringing myself to my own two feet until my body instantly gave way. I was forced to the ground on my back, and I tried to get up but something soft, yet so deathly heavy pinned me to the floor. The whistle blew, signaling my defeat. I opened my eyes to find a giant butt being raised from before my eyes.

That didn’t just happened; I lost by being sat on? That had to be the most embarrassing defeat ever. She shrunk down to 8ft before jumping around in joy. Congratulated by Mila and Red. She gave Mila a bear hug uplifting her. She shook Red’s hand and they both bowed to one another. I slowly approached her. She was still talking to Mila.

“Hey, well played Ariadne. I let my guard down too many times and underestimated you. You’ll make a great leader.” I said, somewhat bitterly. I felt happy for her, but at the same time I wanted to win. She turned around and instantly gave me a hug, gripping me tightly towards her body. I was only 5 feet, 8inches so when she hugged me, her breasts were being squished into my face. I can’t deny it was a wonderful feeling. Though I noticed she hugged me far longer than the standard hug called for.

“Thank you so much for such an amazing fight. Sorry I had to sit on you!” She said, releasing herself from me, giggling.

I scratched the back of my head “Ha-ha, nothing to worry about, as long as you win, doesn’t matter how you do it.” I said, smiling. She gave me back a smile; and I could guarantee it wasn’t forced. The look on her face was so welcoming, and her smile created dimples. For once in my entirety of knowing her, I made her smile.

Finally.

The moment of happiness was short lived though, as the general was being told something through a whisper from a staff member. His smile from our battle was immediately whipped away when the staff member stopped talking. He quickly beckoned us over and explained everything; the villains we have been dealing with that we know thing about is thought to be behind a recent crime that is taking place in the city. A group of men claiming to have superpowers stormed the largest bank in the city, and have taken innocent people hostage. They want to extract all of the money out of the bank and get out or else hostages will die. We were also informed that hostages are strapped with bombs and some of the villains are armed with bombs on them too, so if anything happened to either one, the bombs are going to go off and thousands of people will die. This was our first official mission together as a four.

It was time we showed our worth to the world.