- Text Size +

Chapter 15: Ansam

            I received a message from the general, requesting all staff from The Elites to meet in the training field upon arrival in the compound. There was going to be a special training session that was mandatory to attend. I slowly approached the training field, greeting people as I walked by. I was able to say hi to the woman that I healed on my first day here. It was nice to see her fully recovered and happy. I finally made my way to the training field. I was greeted with the sight of Ariadne, her friend, Mila, the man we saved on our first mission, and the general.

“Ah Ansam!” the general yelled, signaling me over.

“It’s good to see you sir.” I said, saluting him.

“Yes, it is nice to see you too. Good job on completing that mission you too. You were able to successfully retrieve the VIP without complications, and you were able to eradicate a rising threat; there has been recent reports of enemy soldiers sighted in hidden areas training. Another scout had reported she saw multiple soldiers with the exact same face, build, height and all. With your mission a few months ago, you inadvertently wiped out a main clone lab, wiping out around 40% of the total amount. The leader of the enemies are currently unknown, with their intentions also unknown. Essentially; we know nothing except that they are mass producing clones. But nonetheless, the reason I called everyone back was that we didn’t even have a formal introduction, and that new missions have arisen and we need a team captain.”

“Oh, but general, I thought I was the leader of this team.” I said, confused.

“No, Ansam, you were the leader of that strike mission, not the team itself. It isn’t fair to appoint you when not everyone has truly shown themselves, which you will all do now. All four of you will fight in an all for one, last one standing is the designated team captain. If you cannot recover after a few seconds, you are out. Now, each of you get to a corner and ready yourselves.” The general said, pointing to each of us, showing us our respective corners.

“Now let’s just have a quick introduction.” The general said.

He pointed to me. “Over here is Ansam! Last name currently unknown. He is a powerful warrior capable of bending elements and teleporting! Don’t underestimate him!”

He points to Ariadne. “And over here is the lovely Ariadne Santiago! Daughter of Damien Santiago, she can grow to gigantic proportions and give you a run for your money! Oh, and if my sources are right, she is well adept in over 40 different martial arts!” he said, chuckling.

“And over here!” pointing at Mila “is the best friend of Ariadne; Mila Castellanos! Though only standing at a very cute 4’4, she still packs a punch with her hulk enhanced strength and the ability to fly! Do not let your guard down folks!”

“And finally, last, but certainly not the least,” pointing at the new guy “We have Red! Real name and even gender unknown, Red took a vow of eternal silence, in honour of his family. He is literally the clear-cut definition of a ninja, so don’t take him lightly! Now, enough with introductions, lets fight!” The general yelled, blowing a whistle.

Ariadne immediately dashed towards her friend, initiating a 1 on 1 with Mila, so it looked like I was stuck with ninja boy. They stood still, just watching me – I think. It was hard because their entire body was in a suit, completely shielding us from determining their gender. Moments later, Red began to run, and I mean run. Red dashed across to me, and what felt like 2 seconds, I was already greeted with a katana ready to slash down my body. I was caught off guard, so I had to take the cheap way out immediately. I hate doing it, but I had no other choice. I quickly blinked right behind Red, striking them in the back. They winced a little bit before recovering and striking me with a flurry of slashes. I was able to dodge the vast majority of them, but I wasn’t a god so a few slashes got to me. I wasn’t a pushover though, as I was able to send back multiple hits in return for one nick from their katana. All I had to do was keep dodging to wear them out, and then I was going to strike. Red began to dash at me again, and began striking me with their katana. And then I noticed; this flurry of attacks was slower than the last, indicated they were becoming fatigued. Now’s my chance; I quickly hopped back, giving myself some breathing room. I let Red dash to me and upon the first attack from their Katana, which I noticed they always attempt with a horizontal slash to my chest, I quickly ducked and immediately connected a right hook to their solar plexus. Landing a hit there cleanly can instantly knock the wind out of your opponent – which it did. Red stumbled back, dropping their katana. Now it was time for me to end it. I ran towards Red, jumping into the air and drop kicking them. Red was sent flying backwards, but I conjured wind to blast behind them, sending them right back to me. They flung towards me, landing right into my right jab. They tried to recover by jumping back, but I quickly teleported in front of them, doing a 360 degree sweep, knocking them into the air. I had my back to them momentarily, before ending the fight with a backwards chop, right into their stomach. They fell to the floor, breathing heavily, not even trying to get up. I could hear the general blowing a whistle, indicating Red’s disqualification.

 I began to catch my breath and watched Ariadne and Mila fight. They both looked evenly matched until Mila threw a careless punch and Ariadne countered her hard with a punch to the face. Mila tried to recover by creating space between her and Ariadne, but Ariadne’s strides were too big for Mila to recover properly. Mila then tried to fly away, which was her biggest mistake as Ariadne quickly increased the size of her body and grabbed Mila mid-flight, grabbing her leg and wrenching her to the ground. She slammed Mila into the concrete, so hard it left a crater. If it wasn’t for Mila’s enhanced strength and resistances, I would have thought she had died from that, but I know Ariadne wouldn’t try to kill her friend like that – I hope.

Ariadne blew the hair from her face and smiled, clapping her hands and hopping around like a little school girl. The general blew the whistle, signaling Mila’s defeat. Ariadne immediately turned to me, with a determined look on her face.

“You’re going down Ansam!” She yelled from across the field.

“You so sure about that Ariadne? Your fighting style is pretty weak! I’ll go easy on you don’t worry.” I yelled back, snickering. Ariadne began to run towards me, and so did I, but I had the upper hand. Moments after sprinting at one each other, I quickly teleporting behind Ariadne, sending a blast of wind towards her body, sending her forwards and making a piece of concrete fly from the ground, smacking directly into her, exploding on impact. The impact sent her body flying towards me, so I quickly ran and grabbed her mid-air, suplexing her into the ground. I dusted my hands off, assuming the fight was over, but my cockiness trumped over my intelligence. I was immediately greeted with an elbow to the back of my neck. Shit that stung so much. I turned around to face her, but was immediately barraged with a set of punches and elbows across the face and my upper torso. Her speed was impressive, maybe even faster than me; but I wasn’t giving up. I noticed my feet were completely exposed so I brought my right foot back, making rock cover around the tip of my foot. I made my foot come crashing into her shin. She gave out a large cry, and stopped punching momentarily. I immediately karate chopped her across her throat making her gasp for air. I couldn’t follow up with anything else as I was in an equal amount of pain and I needed time to recover. The fight was just getting started I said to myself, grinning a little bit.