- Text Size +

  Minutes later Jessica was standing on the platform for one of Park Incorporated’s industrial vortex generators. For understandable reasons she couldn’t use one of the standard vortex generators and right by her feet were the other agents who were going along for the mission. Each of them had been thoroughly briefed about their respective roles in this operation. For Jessica it was simply to secure the prison’s industrial vortex generator and give additional assistance where she can. It was not much of a task for her and she knew that she would have a more substantial role if she could actually fit into the building. Again she hoped that it wouldn’t take too long.

  The next thing that the agents felt was their bodies flying at what felt like the speed of light. They could see bright purple colours all around them and for them this was something that was normal. It merely meant that they were travelling through the vortex and all they had to do was wait until they reached the other side. Each of them had an unpleasant experience when travelling through for the first time but they had long since adapted and to them it was no different to walking.

  Before they knew it the agents found themselves on ZX-Twenty Two and it looked like all hell had broken loose. They were just outside of the prison complex but they could hear alarms going off everywhere and there was a lot of shouting. They could see many of the prison staff and police outside, they were all wearing riot gear and some of them had looked to have suffered minor injuries. For the moment no prisoner had gotten outside of the prison but it was only a matter of time before they made their way to one of the vortex generators inside and escaped to practically wherever they wanted. The vortex generators inside the prison were not designed for interstellar travel but they were more than capable of transporting to anywhere on Home.

  As soon as the agents appeared they were approached by a couple of people. One particular woman was a middle aged woman who was the warden of the prison while the second was the police chief in charge of the operation. He was an old man who looked close to retirement age. Since he was in charge of the mission Agent Daniels was the one to step forwards to talk to both of them. Despite the seeming chaos taking place all around them the Warden and Police Chief both seemed to be very calm.

  “Agents I’m glad that you have come,” said the Police Warden as he shook the hand of Agent Daniels. “As you can see the situation is deteriorating rapidly, we’re glad that you were able to come so quickly.”

  “You’re welcome and we’ll do everything we can to help you make sure that the situation is resolved as quickly and safely as possible,” replied Agent Daniels. He turned his head to Sue. “First things first, Agent Grimm can you help tend to the injured.” Sue nodded her head and quickly began to multiply herself until there were around a dozen of her. All but the original went to the staff and police that were injured.

  “My thanks and if you don’t mind we need to brief you about the situation at hand before we can send you in.”

  Over the course of the next couple of minutes the agents were shown a holographic map of the prison’s layout. Jessica could see it where she was but since she wasn’t going inside she didn’t really have to pay too much attention. She did so however because there could be something important. The Warden and Police Chief showed them where the riot started and how many of the zones had been completely overrun. The prison’s vortex generators were being guarded but it wouldn’t be long before those guarding them were overwhelmed by the prisoners. Securing vortex generators was of absolute importance and saving the lives of both staff and prisoners.

  When the briefing was over the four agents began to make their way inside of the prison. Unfortunately Jessica had to remain by the industrial vortex generator. All she could do was sit down and make sure that none of the prisoners tried to use it. She thought that it would be unlikely since they would have to go through the remaining police forces and prison staff to get to her and even if they did they would be able to see her from some distance. She just remained where she was and waited for word from the inside. She thought that she might be needed but right now she was no better than a giant statue. She gave a sigh and she felt that her presence was completely unnecessary.

  The four agents that went inside instantly split up. Each one had a Sue clone with them and the original Sue had a clone of herself walking besides her. Her abilities and medical training made her arguably the most valuable agent in all of Park Incorporated. With her the company would never be short of manpower and in times of emergency she could help treat many people all at once. The fact that she could make an infinite amount of copies of herself was nothing to sneeze about.

  Chloe and the first Sue clone were tasked with securing the vortex generator in zone one. They could hear the riot taking place and it did make them both feel a little nervous. They still kept a cool head as they knew that they had been in worse situations than this. Chloe even stated that they could pretend that this was a training session. It was a good way of keeping a calm mind.

  Eventually the pair ran into a group of rioting prisoners in one of the cell blocks. There were small fires all over and when the prisoners saw the two women they thought that they had gotten lucky. Many of them were somewhat battered and bruised from fighting the police forces and each other. None of them really recognised either women of being agents of Park Incorporated. Most were holding simple weapons such as poles and clubs despite being vastly outnumbered neither woman was worried.

  “Hey boys I suggest you go back to your cells,” said Chloe. “I think it would be best for the whole lot of you.”

  “We’re going nowhere you dumb broad,” replied one of the prisoner’s in an angered voice. He began to think about taking them hostage. That way they would have leverage against anyone who wanted to storm them. He knew that the police would try and tackle them while they had hostages. “And I think you’re going to be remaining with us.”

  “I’m sorry but I have a husband at home and I think he would get a little jealous if I stayed with you.”

  The next thing that Chloe saw was the prisoner run towards her with a pipe in his hand. She didn’t move and he struck her right in her side. Sue was considering doing something to help but she knew that Chloe knew what she was doing. Much to the surprise of the prisoner the pipe did strike her but it just moved her midsection and it looked like there was a dent that was caused by the pipe. As soon as he moved it out of the way her midsection reverted to what it had been before. He looked at her in surprise and she looked at him with a smile on his face. It was at this point that the prisoners realised that they were fighting two agents of Park Incorporated.

  “I see,” said Chloe. “This is how it’s gonna be.” She gave a sigh. “Don’t say that I didn’t warn you.”

  With that Chloe began to stretch herself and she even stretched her fist to an enlarged size. With one punch she knocked the prisoner back at the others. It was then that they realised that they were truly in trouble. A couple of them panicked and began to charge at them but Chloe just began to stretch her body out. One by one she began to wrap them up and as her body elongated it looked like she was more like a rubber band then an actual person. The fact that she could stretch herself as far as she wanted was fun for her and at least she was using her powers to help.

  There were still three prisoners left and rather than fighting they decided that it was best to run. They were stopped when Chloe stretched her right arm and began wrap it around the escaping prisoners. No sooner had they been secured the Sue clone began to multiply itself once again and using a small gun she shot each of the prisoners. This gun fired proton rounds but thankfully for the prisoners it was set to stun or else none of them would be living to see another day.

  When each of the prisoners were knocked out Chloe began to retract her body and each of the prisoners fell to the ground. Rather than leaving them there the Sue clones began to secure them in their cells. This left Chloe and one of the other clones to continue on to their designated vortex generator. They did meet a little bit of resistance on the way but nothing that either woman could truly handle.

  Elsewhere Agent Daniels was also making progress, he too was accompanied by one of the Sue clones and he did run into a couple of barricades but using his mighty strength he was able to break them without much effort. He would also run into a prisoner from time to time but he easily dealt with them. Each time a prisoner was knocked out Sue would multiply again and take the fallen prisoners back to their cells. Her abilities were especially coming to use in this situation.

  There was one moment where Agent Daniels did have to stop for a few moments. This was because they could see a prison guard lying on the ground. Quickly the Sue clone went down to it but without saying a word she looked up to Agent Daniels and shook her head. This did upset him somewhat as they were too late to save this unfortunate person. All that could be done for him was to take him out of the prison so that his family knew what had happened to him.

  The entire place seemed to be in chaos as there was no order. Both Agent Daniels and the Sue clone knew that most likely before they reached the vortex generator they would run into more dead bodies. They could only hope that the number would not be too high and that there were some people that could still be saved.

  There was even one prisoner who had been hiding just behind a wall. When he saw Agent Daniels he lunged at him with a knife and tried to stab him. He expected it to go into the chest of the agent and kill him. Instead the knife snapped as if it were made of paper, it was then that the prisoner realised who he was facing.

  “I don’t think you wanted to do that,” said Agent Daniels as he looked at the prisoner who was a scrawny man with spikey hair. He looked completely panicked and he expected to be given a superhuman punch but instead he felt himself get shot by the Sue clone. He felt a stunning surge of electricity run through his body. Only moments later the prisoner fell but at least he was still alive. “Thanks Sue.”

  “You’re welcome,” replied the Sue Clone. “Hopefully soon we’ll be finishing off this madness. I can’t help but think that all this destruction and chaos is depressing.” She multiplied again until there was an additional two of her. Her extra two clones picked up the unconscious prisoner and began to carry him back to a cell. With that the two agents carried on and they hoped that the rest of the mission would go smoothly.

  Outside the prison Jessica sat down on the ground and simply waited. She gave a sigh as boredom began to set in. She still thought that she wasn’t really needed in this mission and that she was just a glorified security guard. She didn’t even think that any of the prisoners would even attempt to get to this vortex generator since there were a lot of police and prison staff in between the prison and the generator.

  Jessica couldn’t help but think about her family back home. She had not seen them since morning and she did wonder if Dawn had missed her. She loved her family dearly, they were the most important things in her life.

  “Err Agent Snape?” said a somewhat timid voice. At first Jessica couldn’t see who was talking to her but as she looked down to the ground she could see a young man standing close to her. He had a uniform that showed that he was one of the prison guards. He had been injured in the riot but they were not life threatening. Normally he would have been sent back to Home but all the vortex generators were in lockdown to prevent any prisoner from escaping.

  “Yes,” replied Jessica. “Can I help you?” She had no idea why he had approached her and at first he thought that there was something wrong.

  “I-I was just wondering if you could sign this for me?” He had what seemed to be a pen and a piece of paper in his hand. He also seemed to be very nervous to be around her and it really showed.

  “Yeah sure but what’s it for?” She thought that it was some kind of important document that needed her immediate attention.

  “I-It’s for myself.” There was a pause for a moment. “I’m sorry I know that I’m not supposed to disturb you while you’re on a mission but it would mean a lot to me if you could give me your autograph. I’ve been a fan of yours for many years and I can’t believe that I’m meeting you in the flesh. I won’t keep you from your duties but I would really appreciate the autograph.”

  “Yeah sure, anything for a fan.” It was far from the first time that she had been asked for an autograph and she knew that it wouldn’t be the last. Unlike most other agents she would have some difficulties using a normal sized piece of paper and pen. Unlike the pens on Earth these pens could write down what a person was thinking. In the case of signatures each one was unique to a particular person which was almost impossible to replicate. As she grabbed the pen she had to be careful not to snap it but to her it was incredibly small. With her additional strength it made breaking the pen a high possibility. All she had to do was hold the pen over the paper and the pen did all the rest for her. Within the space of a second or two it had written her unique signature onto the paper for him. As soon as she was done she passed it back down to him. “There you go and I hope that you’re feeling better soon.” She gave him a pleasant smile so that he knew that she was genuine.

  “Thanks Agent Snape.” The man seemed to be extremely happy to have her autograph. He didn’t want to tell her that she helped him through puberty. He still owned many pictures of her both from recent and from many years ago. It did help that she aged at a very slow rate that made her stay beautiful for more than two centuries. He especially liked the nude pictures of her that she made for the company’s charity calendar along with many of the other agents. Unfortunately for him however her private parts had all been covered up. Needless to say the pictures had left little to the imagination.

  Back inside the prison Agent Rogers and another Sue clone were still making their way to the next vortex generator. There had been numerous obstacles in the way of the pair but with his teleportation abilities they had been able to get passed them with relative ease. There was even one point where a prisoner had grabbed the Sue clone from behind. Agent Rogers was just about to save her but the clone used a judo throw to protect herself. As soon as the prisoner was on the ground she multiplied herself once again until there were half a dozen of them. They surrounded the prisoner who then quickly surrendered once he realised that he was facing superpowered beings.

  Agent Rogers joked on how Sue was a one woman army but it didn’t get too much of a laugh. She had to remind them that they were on a mission so they had to keep going. Only the one clone went with Agent Rogers as the others made sure that the prisoner was secured. They did run into a few prisoners who wanted to get their hands on the vortex generator themselves and get back to Home. Around eight of them tried to attack Agent Rogers at once but he used his teleportation abilities to strike each one. Before any prisoner could strike him he would disappear again.

  It took only seconds for Agent Rogers to teleport to each prisoner and knock them out with a punch to a delicate part of their bodies. He had been taught where to strike a person to knock them out with a single punch. It had been too easy for him to teleport to each of them and knock them out before receiving any injury to his person. He had practiced such feats more times than he cared to remember.

  Sue was a little impressed with what she had seen but they didn’t feel like they had much time to celebrate. They still had a mission to complete and until it was done there was no reason for them to celebrate.

  It took the pair a few more moments to get to the vortex generator but they could already see a prisoner trying to use it. Unfortunately for him he didn’t have the knowhow to activate it and Agent Rogers just teleported to him and grabbed him before teleporting himself and the prisoner back to his original position. He teleported several more times and because the prisoner was not used to such teleportation jumps it knocked him out cold. He then held onto the prisoner as he reappeared right next to the Sue clone.

  “He won’t be causing us any problems,” said Agent Rogers with a small smile on his face. “Now my dear you don’t mind dealing with our friend.” The clone split into three and two of them carried the prisoner away. He was still amazed to see Sue multiply in the manner that she did, he could imagine what could happen if such an ability fell into the wrong hands. In fact any of the agents’ abilities could be devastating if a person with less morals than them got a hold of such power.

  “From the looks of it this place is now secured,” replied the remaining Sue Clone. She then lifted her VSC closer to her mouth. “Agent Daniels this is the Agent Grimm clone accompanying Agent Rogers. We have secured the VSC and are awaiting further orders.” At first there was no reply but it took a few moments before both of them heard a familiar voice coming through.

  “This is Agent Daniels,” replied Agent Daniels through the VSC. “All other vortex generators have been secured. Initiate stage two of our mission. Quell the riots and secure every prisoner in the facility. Not a single one is to be unaccounted for. I will instruct the police forces to assist us at this stage. Good luck agents and may your actions be true and just.”

  With that the clone standing right next to Agent Rogers began to multiply once again. She didn’t stop until there were two dozen of them protecting the vortex generator. This is what happened at the other secured vortex generators inside the prison. It allowed the other agents stop the riot while the Sue clones ensured that the generators remained secure. If they were even overwhelmed they could simply multiply themselves again until they once again had the numbers advantage.

  Not all of the prisoners had joined the riot. Some had seen that it was futile and instead remained inside their cells. One of these such prisoners was Jarvis who had been at the prison since his plans had failed five years earlier. His army of giantesses had been stopped when the agents of Park Incorporated had tracked down his base of operation and initiated a protocol that shrunk them all down to a few inches in size. Only one was immune from the protocol since she had been bigger and stronger than the other giantesses but she was soon defeated by Jessica and has since been in suspended animation.

  The shrunken giantesses had been placed inside a different, scaled down prison where they would be spending a lot of time. Even when they were freed there was no guarantee that their true sizes would be restored. Some of them had even accepted the fact that they were going to remain small forever and had come to terms with it. Some of the shrunken giantesses had even been reformed and when their release date came they would go back into society as law abiding citizens.

  Since coming to the prison Jarvis had more or less been a model prisoner. He mostly kept to himself and rarely interacted with the other prisoners. He felt that many of them would not truly understand what he was saying since he was more intelligent than them and most of them he considered to be brutes. He was more than happy to remain in his cell and simply allow his sentence to run its course. Unfortunately due to his actions he had earned himself a mandatory life sentence so the chances of him ever leaving the prison legally were extremely slim.

  Unfortunately for Jarvis he was not too popular with the other prisoners. Most of them disliked him because of his attitude towards them but for a select few it was more than that. For three prisoners in particular they especially hated him enough to want to cause him serious harm. One of the prisoners had lost his sister because of Jarvis, she was one of the women that had become a giantess and unfortunately for her she had been killed while attacking one of Home’s defence bases. He had been imprisoned when this had happened so he had not been able to say goodbye to her. Also because she was a giantess when she died her body had not shrunk down so giving her a proper funeral had been extremely difficult for his family.

  The trio saw this riot as the perfect opportunity to do what they wanted to Jarvis and get away with it. This event had not been planned and was simply taking advantage of the situation. Each of the three prisoners were hardened men who had been in more than one scrap in their time. They were led by a man who was simply called Ed, he was a large and intimidating man and despite popular belief he had been close to his sister and was still upset that she was gone. He didn’t blame the Home military for killing her, he blamed Jarvis because he was the one who convinced her to go along with it. He had turned her into what Ed considered to be a monster and that if it had not been for him his dear sister would still be alive.

  The cell block that held Jarvis had mainly been untouched by the riot. The vast majority of the cells were empty since those prisoners had decided to join the rioters in the hopes of simply causing mayhem. Jarvis just sat on a chair in his cell reading an article about what was supposed to be advanced robotics although he could see many faults. He knew that the riot would not last long and by taking no part he wouldn’t lose any of his privileges or advantages.

  At the start of the riot all the cell doors had been unlooked and for the prisoners waiting outside it was far too easy for them to storm in and grab Jarvis. Physically he was nothing remarkable so Ed’s two accomplices were more than capable of grabbing both of his arms and keeping him still. Jarvis tried to protest what was going on but his pleas fell onto deaf ears. He did try to struggle but all that got him was a strong punch in his face. It dislodged some of his teeth and he spat out some of his own blood. Ed grabbed Jarvis’s chin and made him look into his eyes.

  “Jean Winters,” said Ed with a lot of anger in his voice. “Do you recognise the name?” His anger was getting so out of control that he was only just able to keep it under wraps. “Well do you?”

  “Should I?” replied Jarvis who was truly confused. For this he received another punch to the face and he gave some cry of pain.

  “She was my sister, you turned her into a monster and then she was killed carrying out your plans. She was the only person who was good to me and you took her away from me.” Ed took something out of his pocket and Jarvis’s eyes widened as he realised that he had a sharpened object. It looked like something that had at one point been harmless but had been sharpened into a deadly weapon. “You took her away from me so I’m going to take something away from you.”

  “Please let’s be reasonable here.” He knew that he was in a lot of trouble and he was trying his best to get out of the situation. Unfortunately with none of his tools that he had previously relied on he was defenceless.

  Jarvis didn’t say another word as he felt the sharpened object get stabbed right into his chest and more specifically his heart. Not a single word came out of his mouth as he felt the pain and the warm feeling in his chest. The warm feeling was his own blood which was pouring out of his wound. Quickly the three prisoners fled as Jarvis fell to the ground. The last thing that went through his mind was that he had allowed three common crooks to get the better of him before his eyes closed for the last time.

  In an undisclosed location on Home a pod lay in a secret bunker that had not been disturbed for a few years. It was a fairly large pod with a well advanced computer right next to it. Both had been dormant for some time but with the events that took place on the asteroid the lights within the bunker switched on revealing that it was completely empty besides this single stasis pod. It was easily large enough to house a small complex.

  The computer right next to the pod began to start up. It was given one specific task by its creator and began to feed data and information into the pod that was right next to it. The process was like nothing that had ever been seen on Home before and as soon as it began the process was over.

  The stasis pod opened up and there was a wall of steam that came up from the opened pod that lasted for a few moments. Next a hand came out from the pod but rather than being made of flesh and blood it was completely made of metal. As the seconds went by more of this thing came out of the pod and there was some groaning sounds as it stood up for the first time in its life.

  This thing had a humanoid figure but was completely made out of metal and wiring. It stood roughly seven and a half feet tall with a shiny metallic surface. It had glowing green eyes and it had a small slot that made its mouth. The mouth couldn’t open at all and all along its body it had sensors that were too small to be seen by the naked eye. It looked down at its hands for a moment before looking forwards.

  “I have work to do,” said the Machine in a cold and unemotional voice.