- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Allright, this is the last background chapter, next chapter will have real size action!

I looked around and saw that everything was getting bigger, then I remembered, I was getting smaller!


Now, I could go into great detail as to my adventures while I was small, including how I fell off of several surfaces, making me realize that in my shrunken state, I was indestructible. But I will not bore you with that short account, that brings nothing to the rest of this story. So lets fast forward 40 minutes to when I had regrown to full size.


“Well, that was fun,” I said to myself as I was putting my clothes back on. “I cant wait to show this to Catherine, I hope she likes it.”


I had about 2 hours untill Catherine showed up, so I decided to order some pizza and clean up a little bit, as my room, and the rest of the house, was an absolute mess.


The pizza showed up around 7:30, and when I opened the door I saw my friend Kaya standing there, I had forgotten that she worked at the local pizza place.


“Hey Mike!” She said cheerily as I opened the door.

“Kaya!” I said, slightly surprised “I haven't seen you in a while, where’ve you been?”

“My grandparents just moved, so I was down in Rockford helping them out.”

“Well, it’s good to see you back. And just in time for spring break!” I said, slightly sarcastically.

“Yep, that was my one condition for helping out, that I could stay with them until spring break. Its not like any of my teachers actually care about the classes.” She laughed.


“So, you got my pizza?” I asked.

“Men and their pizza, you can’t keep them apart.” She said, shaking her head.

“Hey!” I said indignantly, “This isn’t just for me! Catherines coming over tonight!”

“Whatever, here’s your pizza”

“Alright, have fun over spring break.” I said, starting to close the door

“Wait!” She caught the door “Where’s my hug?”

I sighed and opened the door.


I should explain. When we were in middle school, Kaya and I were in a school play where we had to hug each other several times. Needless to say, it was really awkward, and the other kids teased us about it. So now it’s turned into a running joke where every time we see each other we have to hug. After a while, I think she started to enjoy it, and would constantly remind me.


“Fine” I said

She practically jumped at me, luckily I was more than a foot taller than her, or I might have gotten knocked over. As it was I stumbled a little. She held that hug for a little bit longer than usual, but she finally let go.

“That was to make up for the last two weeks!” She said as she let go. “See ya round!” she turned around and started skipping back to her car.


“Oh, Kaya wait!” I yelled, suddenly remembering something. “I have something to show you! Are you free Monday?”

“Yea, what is it?” She asked.

“You’ll see, you’ll love it. Bye!” And with that I went inside and closed the door.


As I sat inside, finishing set up I thought about what I had just offered to Kaya. I know she’ll like it, but do I really want to share this power this early? These thoughts were pushed out of my mind as I heard the doorbell ring.


I answered the door and saw Catherine, she was dressed in slightly nice clothing, nice enough to pass at a semi-formal event, but perfectly fine for a night of casual relaxation. In other words, perfect for what I had in mind for tonight.


“Hey Mike” She said

“Come on in,” I said, sweeping her in through the door “It’s gonna be a great night” As I closed the door behind me.