- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Inspiration is a gorgeous thing.

***

Sammi was hyperventilating; she was terrified, panicked, frightened, every synonym she could think of applied to her current state of mind. The beautiful redhead that had apparently shrunken her and taken her prisoner was practically omnipotent from Sammi's point of view, and it was all she could do to not imagine the girl simply crushing her with a squeeze of her hand. Sammi's leathery prison jostled her around continuously, knocking her to and fro, against the other contents of Lorelei's purse. It was surreal, horrifyingly rough, and happening all too fast.

 

The once-vain blonde girl found herself rather unceremoniously dumped onto something hard and cold along with a gargantuan flip-mirror, a tube of chapstick, an enormous phone, and several massive coins. She struggled to stand up; all of Sammi's body ached from her journey. She quickly realized that she was on a laminated kitchen counter, and the omnipresent shadow that engulfed her could only be one thing. She turned around and just in time to scream as Lorelei's fingers gripped her, delicately, and lifted her up effortlessly.

 

“W-w-wait!” Sammi cried out. Lorelei studied the little creature and sat herself in a chair, setting the shrink gun aside. “Please don't hurt me.”

 

Lorelei gripped one of the little girl's arms and stretched it out, and did the same with her other limbs. Her eyes glittered hungrily as the girl twisted and begged, but no pain had actually come to Sammi yet – just soul-consuming panic. “I don't think so,” Lorelei breathed huskily. “You're really pissing me off.”

 

“Wh-what did I...who even are y-you...,” Sammi began, and when the redhead's expression turned to fury again, Sammi squeaked. “Goddess! Who...what is your...name, Goddess?” She said, breathing heavy, pale as a sheet.

 

“Lorelei,” She replied. Sammi's stomach plummeted; that was the name of Naomi's girlfriend. This was her competition? “But Mistress or Goddess sounds better. I don't think my name would sound very good coming out of your mouth, and I'd trust you not to forget it.”

 

“Does Naomi know you s-shrank me?” Sammi asked heatedly. Lorelei rose an eyebrow and tightened her grip on Sammi's arm. The blonde screamed and began hyperventilating again.

 

“Don't get sassy with me,” Lorelei said, dangerously soft. “Naomi doesn't even know you're here, much less that I shrank you. Now, your options are thus: pay attention, learn my rules, and be good, and you can play with us...or, be a sassy bitch, talk back to me, refuse to listen, and get torn the fuck apart,” Lorelei grinned hungrily. “Please, oh, please be disobedient.”

 

Much to Lorelei's disappointment, Sammi fell silent and looked down. “Y-yes...Goddess,” She chirped. Lorelei pouted.

 

“Aww.” She said. She dropped Sammi onto the counter and towered over the little thing, folding her arms over her lithe figure. Sammi looked up at the redhead's domineering form and shuddered under her shadow. “For some reason or another, only the person that shrunk you can understand you. You sound like a little dumbass squirrel to everyone else. Oh, and, other shrunken people.”

 

“You have more...Goddess?” Sammi said, blanching. How psychotic was this bitch?

 

Lorelei nodded, but then frowned. “Well, not exactly. They're Naomi's pets.” She grinned at the way Sammi paled further at that statement.

 

“B-But Naomi's so...so nice! She would n-never...she'd never...” Sammi stuttered. The idea of that delicate little girl shrinking people and keeping them as pets was laughable. Naomi was gentle and cute. Lorelei smiled at the little girl's obvious internal confliction.

 

“It's funny, actually,” Lorelei said, idly playing with Sammi as the girl scrambled to avoid her wandering fingers. “One of them she shrank upon discovering she was Unbound; the other one practically begged for it and now worships the ground she walks on.”

 

Sammi's head was swimming. Naomi is an Unbound?

 

“You'll be meeting both of them, and I would advise discretion,” Lorelei stated, taking the moment to pin Sammi down under two fingers. The little blonde struggled and cried. “Lucy and Ryan know to behave, they know to fear me. I don't understand them, but Naomi does. I see the plans in your head, and it's really quite simple – if you convince either of them to tell Naomi what really happened to you, you will wish for death and receive much worse.”

 

Sammi felt her stomach drop again. Lorelei was dead fucking serious, she could tell.

 

“Acknowledge that you understand this most important rule,” Lorelei said loftily, staring down at her new toy. Sammi nodded. “Say the words, little thing.”

 

“I...I understand your most important rule: d-do not tell Naomi the truth about me.” Sammi repeated mechanically. Lorelei's red lips curled into a smirk.

 

“Good, good. Now, there's just one more thing to clear the air about before we can be good, good friends – why were you attempting to steal Naomi away from me?” Lorelei said simply. Sammi gulped, hard. While Sammi struggled with a response, Lorelei's long fingers scooped up her phone and she began to excitedly text her beloved.

 

“I-I--” Sammi began, looking away. Lorelei rose an eyebrow and lowered one hand, poised to flick Sammi across the counter. Sammi quivered in fear. “I miss her!” She shouted. Lorelei paused, rolled her eyes, and let her finger fly. Sammi flew away, rolling gracelessly head-over-heels. The gigantic girl laughed; she'd barely used any force. Sammi sat up, tears rolling down her face. She was bleeding; Lorelei may have broken something.

 

“Fuck,” Lorelei said. “You're so fucking fragile.” She scooped the crying little thing up, and inspected her – must have been a trick of the light, because Sammi was not bleeding at all. Lorelei stared at her closely, and slowly, Sammi's expression turned from pain to fear and hatred. Sammi brought a hand to her nose and then looked up at her captor.

 

“B-but...you b-broke, you broke my...” She sputtered, confused. Lorelei dropped her onto the counter, from higher up than she should have, but Sammi appeared okay.

 

“Answer the question properly. You didn't 'miss her'. If you had cared for her, you wouldn't have broken her heart, bitch,” Lorelei spat. Sammi cowered under the girl's anger. Lorelei balled her hand into a fist and growled. “Arrogant, shallow, disgusting whore.” Her fist lowered as her phone buzzed.

 

Lorelei checked her phone and trapped Sammi's leg with one hand while she typed with the other. Sammi trembled. “Sh-she's so beautiful now,” She said quietly. “I made a mistake--”

 

“She was always beautiful, I've seen pictures of her. But that's entirely beside the point. You couldn't look past a chubbier girl, you couldn't get past your dislike of her glasses. How fucking trivial is that?! She's a saint, and you – you – UGH!” She lifted her hand up and slammed it down. Sammi shrieked and threw herself to the side as Lorelei's enormous fingers crashed down just were her legs were moments before.

 

But her relief at having avoided Lorelei's fingers quickly turned to fear as the redhead, again, scooped her up and carried her away. Sammi felt vertigo as she was lifted far from the counter, and she screamed as she glanced down over Lorelei's petite frame and onto the kitchen floor. Lorelei carried her up the stairs to their bedroom, and opened up a cage sitting on a table.

 

“N-no! Please! Goddess...p-people aren't pets!” Sammi begged. Lorelei laughed a rough, short laugh.

 

“If you're very fucking lucky, cunt, you'll be our pet. But I wouldn't bet on it. So here, let me make a deal with you, okay?” Lorelei slowly turned her hand over, and a hysterical Sammi clung onto her long fingers and crawled onto the back of her hand, begging and shaking. “You can be returned to normal size within seventy-two hours. If you live that long, I promise that I'll restore your height. All you have to do is not give me a reason to end your pathetic existence, and that should be easy enough? Right?” Lorelei giggled maliciously.

 

Sammi nodded and trembled, and then screamed anew as Lorelei flipped her hand suddenly, dropping the two-inch girl into a bed of very tiny mattresses. Despite its size, the inside of the cage seemed extremely well-furnished; it was like a little dollhouse, but with bars. Sammi bounced off one and onto the other, and Lorelei shut the cage shut, a hatch that seemed to be thirty feet above from Sammi's perspective. Lorelei turned on her heel and left, strutting out of the room. Sammi curled up and cried, both out of fear and out of loathing.

 

“H-Hey,” A timid voice said. Sammi looked up, tears streaking down her face. A tall, thin girl wearing a miniscule dress was approaching her. The girl was almost three times Sammi's own height, and moved her sleek, brushed brown hair out of her face, bringing both hands to Sammi's. “Don't cry, please. It makes Lorelei angry.”

 

“What doesn't?” Sammi responded harshly. The relatively tall girl raised and lowered a shoulder.

 

“She doesn't understand me, and Naomi, uh, translates into nice-talk when I respond to her,” She replied. “I'll do the same for Naomi and you, I guess. I didn't know Lorelei could shrink people...” She gulped hard and bit her lip fearfully. “That's not good.” She held a hand to her chin thoughtfully as she considered what Lorelei would do with such powers. Sammi began crying again.

 

“S-She's gonna k-kill m-me...” Sammi sobbed. The brunette girl sat next to Sammi and put a hand on her shoulder.

 

“No, she's not. Just swallow your pride and treat her like she's the best thing in creation, and she'll let you live. Are you a friend of Naomi's? What's your name?” The girl asked quietly.

 

“Sammi,” She said. “Samantha Raleigh.”

 

The girl stood up and folded her arms coldly. Sammi looked at her, confused. “Oh.” The girl replied.

 

“Wh-what's wrong?” Sammi asked.

 

“My name's Lucy. Maybe someone mentioned I was their best friend?” Lucy said angrily, looking at Sammi through cold blue eyes.

 

Sammi sputtered. So this is why she had never met Lucy. “Y-you've been...how long have you been Naomi's...her...”

 

“Her pet, just say it. I wear it like pride. You threw her away like garbage.” Lucy snarled. Behind her, a timid-looking boy, the same size as Lucy, stepped into the room of the cage. He glanced at Sammi and she saw his eyes widen. “I've been Naomi's ever since she found out she was an Unbound. You...you hurt her so badly!”

 

“I'm sorry!” Sammi screamed. She actually meant it this time. Lucy rolled her eyes and turned around.

 

“Just get some sleep, Sammi. Lorelei is going to be back soon and you'll want full energy for that one.” Lucy replied coldly. She headed towards the well-carved, tiny door and beckoned the other boy through it, reaching up towards the green wallpaper and turning the little light off. Sammi curled up under the blankets, sobbing occasionally, but mostly laying there in gut-wrenching terror.

 

She couldn't get over what was happening. How long would it be until it got much, much worse? Could she hold out? Would Lorelei even keep her word?

 

Sammi had barely drifted off when the hatch opened, and long fingers picked her up, right out of bed.

 

Chapter End Notes:

Enjoy, review please, or don't, as you prefer.