- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

That's right, two of the most plot-respecting writers on this site are collaborating. You just know it's gonna be good!

This will mostly be a setup chapter, because . . . I'll let Choreographer explain it on his turn.

Naomi was glad her alarm on her phone could be played through her headphones. 

It wasn't that Lorelei would be mad at her for waking her up, but the quite sexy redhead simply was not a morning person, and would be likely to take out her early-morning bitch fit on Lucy and Ryan. Naomi had learned to stop trying to control her girlfriend's anger issues and simply avoid stressing her out too much.

With a yawn, Naomi stretched, tapped her phone to shut up her alarm, and got up. She pulled the covers down, exposing Lorelei to the morning air. Again, not to wake her up- it was warm enough that she wouldn't be too cold when she did wake up- but just to bask in her glow for a second. Some days, this morning ritual was all that kept Naomi on task. She fought to remind herself that she was doing all this for Lorelei. 

Naomi bit her lip, thinking that even once she had the money for what she was really after, Lorelei might hate her. It wasn't the first time this had crossed her mind. Eventually, however, Naomi reassured herself by reminding herself that Lorelei loved her, and not just as a fuck toy (and, besides, Naomi loved being treated like a slave just as much as Lorelei loved acting like a Goddess on high). This wouldn't end their relationship. 

With that, Naomi took a five-minute shower, ate a bagel, and shrank two more bagels for Lucy and Ryan. 

Lucy had been a friend of Naomi's back when they were just little kids, before Naomi found out she was one of the few Unbound, who were gifted with some variety of impossible ability. Naomi could shrink things, and learned this by turning her best friend into a personal Barbie doll over summer break. It was only when she had tried to turn Lucy back that she realized that she could only restore things to normal size within 72 hours of shrinking them, and by that point it was too late. Lucy had taken it surprisingly well, and had essentially grown up as Naomi's best friend and favorite pet. It was disconcerting, sometimes, especially when she figured out that while Naomi could understand Lucy, everyone else just heard a string of nonsensical gibberish. Naomi constantly felt sorry for it, but Lucy had confided in her that she felt fantastic being this small, and regularly requested to be treated as nothing more than a pet.

Ryan had been . . . different. When doing a group project together in high school, he had done none of the actual work because he was infatuated with Lucy. When he finally got answers from Naomi on how Lucy had gotten as small as she had, he had actually physically threatened Naomi into making him small enough to be her lover. Sadly, the relationship didn't last more than a month once he could understand her speech, but Ryan had a new crush: the comparatively titanic Naomi. While he eventually grasped the concept that she didn't reciprocate, he had still snuck into Naomi's underwear drawer hoping to be mistaken for a sex toy on several occasions. In fact, that was where Naomi found him now.

Naomi quickly brushed her teeth and went out to work.

\5 Hours Later//////

Naomi Idly fiddled with the little bobblehead she was allowed to have with her by her register.

"Yo! Anyone seen Sammi anywhere?" Jennifer, the assistant manager, called from the other side of the store.

Amid various negatives, Naomi chimed in, "I haven't seen her since her break. She probably went home to sulk."

"Yeah," Greg laughed, "you turned her down again. I saw her undoing the top few buttons of her shirt. She just doesn't stop, does she?"

"No, she doesn't," Naomi sighed, "and I'm in a happy, committed relationship. I've told her that."

Meanwhile, Jennifer clicked her tongue dismissively. "Girl can't finish  her shift, she's getting canned."

"Good," Naomi muttered. Sammi was Naomi's ex-girlfriend, and had actually dumped Naomi because, at that time, Naomi had been a glasses-wearing geek dating a woman who, despite some nasty rumors suggesting the opposite, had actually gotten a breast reduction. Now, a few years later, with Naomi favoring contacts and having slimmed down considerably, Sammi began flirting with her incessantly. However, Naomi was not one to be burned twice, and had perfected the art of tamping down her sexual attraction to reject Sammi over and over again even before she started dating Lorelei. 

Idly, Naomi wondered if Lorelei would have been willing to look past her appearance if they had met eight years earlier than they had.

That train of thought went nowhere, and the rest of that day went by without so much as a single customer walking in. Naomi went to a small fast-food place to eat lunch in the brief half-hour she had. Suddenly, she had a text.

Lorelei::

Hey babe. Got a surprise for you when you get home <3

Naomi read that message six times, blushing harder each time, her imagination running away from her on exactly what Lorelei meant by a surprise. Naomi indulgently imagined herself breaking the speed limit twice over to get home for a quickie before she had to get back to work, but her phone beeped, giving her her ten-minute warning to get to work. She typed out a response on her way back to her car.

Me::

cant wait!!!!

\8 Hours Later//////

True to her word, Lorelei was awake when Naomi got back, and beaming. 

"What's my surprise?" Naomi asked eagerly, having been unable to think of anything else. 

"No hello?" Lorelei asked sarcastically, giving Naomi a one-armed hug. "C'mon, wait a few seconds, we haven't had a real kiss in a week," she added, giving Naomi a joyful bite on the lip.

"Don't do this to me, Lor," Naomi breathed, "I'm too drained to do anything with you, and I don't wanna faint in the middle of sex."

"Spoilsport," Lorelei pouted. Her grin returned, however, and she produced her left hand, occupied with . . . something. 

"Is it a worm?" Naomi asked cautiously. "What am I looking at here?"

Lorelei scoffed in mock exasperation. "I think you of all people would recognize a shrunken person when you see one."

"No," Naomi rejected immediately, trying to wrap her head around the possibility of another Unbound in this city, let alone one with the same power she had, who didn't exercise the self-control she did. Suddenly, she recognized the two-inch person struggling to take in a breath in Lorelei's unnecessarily tight grip.

"Is . . . is that Sammi?" Naomi asked, shocked.

Her heart dropped through her chest when her only response was a squirrel-like chittering.

Chapter End Notes:

Can I write setup or can I write setup?

Silent-One used Baton Pass!