- Text Size +

Pete and Charlie

The duo had just ventured into the hallway, pressed up tight against the baseboard when the thunderous sounds of footsteps halted their progress. Trying to seem as innocuous as possible, they watched as Anna rushed passed, tiny figure in her closed fist.

“Holy shit!” hissed Pete watching the girl go as quickly as she had appeared.

“Stupid Eddie,” murmured Charlie, trying to decide whether or not to continue in the path they had chosen or return to the parlor.

Pete snickered, “What do you think he’s going to do her?” he asked, a lecherous grin on his face.

“Were you born an imbecile, or is it something you have had to work at?” Charlie asked bluntly, staring at the bassist, a look of incredulity on his face as he shook his head from side to side.

Pete scoffed, making a noise with his mouth and waving his hand dismissively.

Pointing in the direction of Anna’s passage, “You do realize that delicate little flower of femininity we all drooled over is now the same size as a ten story apartment building. I don’t think Eddie is going to do anything to her. I do however think she is going to do whatever the hell she wishes to him, with him. Our talented lead guitarist should consider himself fortunate if he survives this intimate encounter with his hide and faculties intact,” Charlie started, jabbing Pete sharply in the chest.

Rubbing the spot Charlie poked, Pete frowned, “I was just thinking, you know how he said,” he started before he was cut off.

“Stop thinking! Eddie the rock icon, who has probably had more pussy than Aedin or you and I combined is not in control of the situation, as much as he thought he was going to be. All the little tarts that have thrown themselves at us over the years have surrendered themselves to us, to Eddie, to Aedin, giving away their virtue for a taste of fame or brush with celebrity. Get this through your pointed head, these girls here are not those star struck groupies, these ones are in charge. This whole thing was planned and executed, right down to a T. And now Eddie the horny fuck, who was all over that girl, and she knew it, she had him from the get go, she played him like violin, and what did he do? He bloody walked out there and surrendered himself. At best, he’s a chew toy for her pussy, at worst, what if she eats him or crushes him?” he challenged, ire in his voice.

Pete shook his head, browbeaten by the intensity in Charlie’s delivery of the situation. Pete knew the drummer was right though, they were no longer in the driver’s seat and he knew they didn’t know what these girls may have planned. He looked down at his feet.

Charlie clasped him on the shoulder, “I’m not trying to be an asshole. You know that right?”

Pete frowned.

“We good?” Charlie asked, giving Pete’s shoulder a squeeze.

“Here’s a thought, what if the girls are only looking for Aedin and Eddie?” Pete asked.

Charlie slapped him on the forehead. “Dim bulb, six girls, counting our three fans, Amanda, Karli and Angeline, five dudes, counting us and Gus. Do the math.”

“I do not what the heck has happened to Gus,” Pete said, wondering.

“And nobody has seen Angeline in a while either. So maybe the two of them are gone off somewhere together, I don’t know. Eddie and Anna are living it up as we speak, leaving you, me, and Aedin for Karli, Daphne, Celeste, and Amanda. Three slices of pizza for four mouths to feed. You catch my drift?” Charlie answered.

“I don’t think Karli is involved in the chase, I mean she could have grabbed up Aedin when he went out,” Pete offered.

Charlie nodded, “True, she could have put the glom on him right then and there, but that just evens out the numbers,” he said.

Pete nodded, “Too bad about Karli though,” he mused.

Shaking his head, “What could you possibly mean by that? Like too bad she methodically set us up and played us like marionettes so that now we’re small and fleeing for our lives, or too bad she’s not going to use one of us as a handy wipe for her pussy? You need to rein your shit in man, fuck. I love pussy as much as the next guy, and trust me I do. I just don’t want to fed into one like a goddamn log into a wood chipper,” he growled. “Right?”

Pete nodded mutely, fearing another diatribe should he open his mouth again.

“Good,” said Charlie, “Now I say we keep going the way we have been going, down this hall to that room over on the left and see what’s in there, maybe, just maybe we can get through this shit no worse for wear.”

“Okay,” mumbled Pete, looking in that direction

Crossing the hall, they made their way to the room, the door being partially ajar made it easy for them to enter the room without have to slither under it.

The room definitely was a bedroom, though there was no way to tell which of the girls might be staying in it. Everything was situated fairly high, bedspreads hung several inches above the floor, antique dressers sat up on legs, while ornate and beautifully hand crafted, offered little in the way of potential hiding places. Even electrical cords to lamps were bound up and didn’t hang down low enough to use as a possible means to gain access off the floor to some place higher up to hide. The gap in the bottom of the door to the closet was slight and there was no way either man could wiggle under.

“Well this is just dandy,” murmured Charlie, hands on hips and thoroughly unimpressed with the complete and utter lack of a place to secret themselves.

“I think they may have anticipated us looking in here,” suggested Pete glumly.

Charlie nodded slowly, “Looks that way my friend.”

“Where to now then?” queried the bassist.

Charlie turned back toward the door, about to say something, but the sound of footsteps approaching silenced him as the pair ducked under the bed.

 

Chapter End Notes:

Please feel free to review, comment or provide feedback, it is always much appreciated, thanks for reading!