- Text Size +

Contact - Aedin

Once Aedin thought Karli had finished moving, he stepped in close and lightly touched the bare skin on the side of her foot, then jumping back quickly just in case she startled and reflex jerked, inadvertently kicking or stomping on him. She did neither, failing to even respond. Frowning, he moved back to her foot and this time slapped it, then darted to the side.

Leaning forward, Karli looked down on him and grinned broadly, “Aedin, what a pleasant surprise,” she commented, looking up from him to the hall where the girls were ransacking the rooms looking for the tiny men.

“What the hell is going on?” he demanded, gazing up at her.

She frowned, “You’ll have to speak up, it’s very hard to hear you,” she advised, reaching down with her left hand.

Allowing himself to be picked up around his legs and torso, arms free, he realized he was probably similar in length to her index finger, her hand strong and vice like as she lifted him up off the floor and toward her chest. He felt an utter sense of powerlessness, like a piece of driftwood at the mercy of the ocean, knowing she could effortlessly tighten her hand and he would be no more. Undaunted by the realization of his impotence, “What the fuck is going on here Karli?” he said, face dark.

“What?” she asked, an innocent expression on her pretty face.

“What do you mean what? This,” he stated, looking down at the hand holding him, “Being small and shit.”

She chuckled, “Oh this? I suppose there is a certain amount of confusion bouncing around inside your head right at the moment?” she surmised, tilting her head slightly to the side and regarding him.

He nodded, sullen expression on his face, and looked down over his body and then back to her, “You think?” he smarted, tone sarcastic.

“Don’t be cheeky, you’re in no position right at the moment,” she admonished, waggling a free finger from her other hand at him.

He frowned, rewarding her with a glower, but refraining from saying anything.

She grinned, “Better,” she said.

He paused, composing his request carefully before speaking, “Karli, could you please help me understand what is happening to me and my bandmates at the moment?”

Ignoring the question, “You know you really should try to find a good hiding spot, I’m pretty sure you’re high up on the list of desirable captures for each of the girls and I don’t think they’re going to stay in your too much longer,” she said.

“Explain it to me,” he said, holding his hands open in a gesture of supplication.

She relented and then smiled, “Okay, but just two minutes then you’re on your own,” she said.

“How did this happen and what do these girls means to do to us?”

“The how is easy, I did it, I made you this way. The particulars regarding the process however is a long and somewhat complicated tale that would consume the precious seconds you have left,” she said.

His mouth hung open, slack jawed. She did it? How could somebody do that, just shrink people? If he was tucked inside her hand he would never have believe such a thing? Ever. Yet, here he was, a fingerling in the hand of the band’s beautiful assistant manager.

Watching his face as he struggled to process the information, she chuckled.

“Why?”

“While I could say my primary incentive was financially motivated, that would be a lie, I’m honestly doing okay money wise, don’t get me wrong I do charge an astronomical amount of money for this service. I think I do it for moments just like these, right here, right now. The look on your face is exquisite, I mean absolutely delicious,” she informed.

“Was it the graveyard rum, is that what made us small, some voodoo magic?” he babbled.

She laughed out loud, “The elixir? Hardly. Though it was specifically put there for one of you to find and share. I’m glad you were all able to imbibe in the draught, it will make you all a little hardier and able to endure the delights the girls undoubtedly have planned for you all,” she answered with an affirmative nod, light brown pony bouncing.

“Can you undo this?” he asked, hope gleaming in his eyes. “Please? I’m not sure what lesson I’m supposed to get from the experience, you know, like Ebenezer Scrooge and the Christmas ghosts, but I don’t want to be small,” he expressed.

A half smile crossed her face, blue eyes sparkling behind her dark framed glasses. “Time’s up,” she said softly, bringing him close to her lips and kissing him, her supple lips nearly engulfing his entire face.

“Please Karli,” he pleaded again as she brought him away and started lowering him to the ground.

“You know if you survive this, you and I will have to have a go round, I want see what all the hubbub is about,” she remarked, setting his feet on the rug over the polished wooden floor, eyes full of caprice and bottom lip held between her teeth.

If he survived? “Fix this, please,” he repeated, hands high, tone beseeching and filled with urgency.

She touched the side of her right index finger to the lips she had so recently kissed him with, “Shh,” she noised, “You best use these fleeting moments to scamper away now but don’t worry, I’ll keep our little secret,” she said now smiling and motioning him away with her hand.

Turning slowly, unsure of what to say, he took a few steps in the direction of the chair where he had left the others, eyes lingering on the gigantic woman seated on the loveseat as she watched him, the amused expression on her face never changing.

From somewhere down the hall there was a high pitched shriek of triumph.

 

Chapter End Notes:

Please feel free to review, comment or provide feedback, it is always appreciated, thanks for reading!