- Text Size +
Story Notes:

I actually wrote my first story a while back. I had intended to keep it going, but sadly, due to complications I won't go into, I needed to end it. Feeling the need to write again, welcome to my second story.

Author's Chapter Notes:

And so it begins...

Nathan was sitting at home, drinking a beer, playing video games with his best bud Jordan. However, just as he was about to win, his phone rang, causing him to drive off of the edge. "Damn it!" Nathan exclaimed, going to pick up his phone. Nathan lived in a one bedroom apartment, a short walk from the college campus. The caller happened to be his landlord. "Nathan, Nathan Steele? You're late! Your rent is late once again. You have 2 days to get me the money, or else your ass is evicted! Do you understand?" His landlord had a bit of a temper, and Nathan had always thought she was a hard ass. Keeping his tone cool and collected, he said, "Yes, ma'am." And with that he hung up, not caring if she had more to say. He took another sip of his beer, before sitting down next to Jordan again. "What was that all about?" Jordan asked, to which Nathan casually shrugged and said, "Rent. No big deal." Somehow, Jordan suspected otherwise, but he let it go, and they continued playing video games.

 

After a couple hours, with Nathan now drunk, Jordan got up and left. This left Nathan alone, which often led to stupid things while drunk. Grabbing his laptop, he managed to type in, 'Get Money Fast NYC' into his search browser. However, before the search results loaded, he passed out.

 

When he awoke, he had a bit of a hangover. Making himself a little coffee, he looked at his laptop again. It wasn't the search engine he had used last night. Although he was drunk, he had vague memories of looking for quick money solutions. His screen however, was a black screen with white text. It said, "If you want $500, then be at the 8th street alley at 2 PM. We'll let you know more then." Nathan's very first thought was, Woah, extra money! I'll have enough for rent and then some, sign me up. And with that, he checked his watch, put on some clothes that didn't smell like alcohol, and he began to make his way to the location he was told.

 

Upon arriving at the alleyway, it seemed like nothing special. Although, there were some roadblocks, but Nathan ignored them, assuming that it'd be okay. When he made it to the end of the alleyway, he began to wonder if this was some sort of trick. But just as he was about to leave, the floor opened like a trapdoor beneath him. And he fell, and fell, and fell some more. He was falling in utter darkness, no clue where he was going to end up. And then, he found himself on a mattress, in a very white room. Two scientists, one male, one female, walked up to him. The female scientist said, "Ahh, you must be Nathan Steele. We've been waiting for you. Please come with us." Her partner nodded, and Nathan warily pulled himself to his feet. As they walked down the hallway, he saw windows into white rooms with strange machines. It felt cold down here, and rather creepy.

 

Finally, at the end of the hallway, there was a machine, and a chair. "Please, sit." She asked of him. He reluctantly sit, still expecting he was going to get five hundred big ones. But instead, well... The male strapped Nathan in, so that he couldn't go anywhere. And then she said, "Alright, Wilson, let a rip." A beam of light came out of the machine above, and hit Nathan square on the chest. And in a few moments, he was only 1 centimeter tall. "Excellent!" She exclaimed, laughing slightly maniacally. He proceeded to laugh with her, although it was obvious she was in charge. Nathan just wondered, as he stared up at their gigantic forms, What the hell did I get myself into?

Chapter End Notes:

It seems our hero has fallen into a trap? What will happen next? Stay tuned for the next installment!!