- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

I think I'm getting the hang of this thing... maybe.

The day was fast fading as the sun was reduced to a mere red flame in the horizon, setting the sky ablaze with color. Not exactly the optimal time for a bit of exploring but Momo figured it was better than sitting around. So far she found this island rather... strange. At least from where they had landed onwards a bit.

For starters the shore they had landed upon wasn't a beach. Indeed it was green with grass and soft with very rich soil. A farmer's dream honestly. It was almost unnatural. If not a beach then it should have been at least a little rocky, however that wasn't the case as she could perceive. In actuality there was indeed a beach line only it was extremely tiny and thin. One like Momo could easily write it off as not existing at all though to the normal inhabitants it might be quite sizeable.

Secondly were the trees. Looking outwards as much as she could from the landing there didn't look like there were many. A lot of semi tall rocks but little in the way of foliage. Rising up in the distance she could see a rather large cliff but beyond that so far the place looked unremarkable. Not many places for people to hide near the shores anyway. Still the cliff looked like a good place to get a view of the island from. Isane would be out for probably the whole night so she had time.

On the other hand... rock climbing wasn't her thing. Neither were extreme heights. The idea of being so high up in the sky and staring down at the ground from that height was about as sickening to her as travelling at sea was to Isane. Maybe she'd leave that to the samurai. Instead, perhaps she could find out if there was anything edible growing on the trees in this place. Content with that she bounded off from where they had landed, making her way towards the nearest tree.

Unbeknownst to her soon enough the grass she had been treading upon became trees, though the difference was negligible to her. Every clack as her straw sandals slapped her white tabi was a thunderclap heard for miles around. Her slight humming was a low rumbling across the land. Every footfall splintered hundreds of trees and compressed the landscape with an imprint of her sandals. The gigantic woman strode across the land without a care in her world, though soon enough she was a care in someone else's.

Not too far from the shoreline was situated a town ruled over by the local daimyo. His manor was situated upon a large cliff and watched over all the homes below. As such it was he that first saw the approach of the smiling goddess from the shore. To her the cliff his home was upon was no bigger than a large rock and the town itself was not even worth noticing. Indeed Momo didn't bother looking down though she did stop to look up at the darkening sky, her sandal setting down right at the edge of town.

_____________________________________________________________________

Lord Izakara couldn't believe what he was looking at. Directly across the way from where his home was situated upon the cliff was a shroud of white fabric. His samurai were scrambling about and by now most of the town knew quite well what had arrived at their town. Keeping order wasn't exactly going to be an easy thing. At the moment however order was not on the aging lord's mind. It was more of continuing disbelief as he stared at the goddess looming over his town.

She wasn't exactly dressed in fine silks and didn't exactly scream powerful on the surface if one took away the size. It was hard to look away from that simple fact however, how massive she was. With a single step she could utterly annihilate half of the town under her sandal. That single foot could twitch and destroy hundreds of lives in an instant. Her toes wriggled behind the white fabric, almost as though they were anticipating the destruction they would work. The lord knew then what true fear was.

Above, far, far above was her face and it was looking upwards from what he could see. Her floral patterned kimono rippled lightly in the slight breeze. There was a rumbling noise rather like thunder coming from above and it took a moment to realize she was humming. If her humming was this loud the lord dreaded to hear what the sound of her voice was like.

"My lord! Y-your orders?"

The lord turned to one of his samurai retainers briefly, before looking back up at the goddess. Orders? What could he order? What order would possibly matter when faced with her? He could order every samurai he had under his vassalage to attack her, including those from other villages and they could be dispatched with a step. To even reach her they would have to climb up her sandal and hack through her tabi. Would she even notice attacks from them? Probably not. She'd feel lint between her toes before feeling anything they could do.

He opened and closed his mouth, watching as the sandal rose up. Her toes clenched around the red strap and carried the sandal up into the heavens, passing it over the town below. His eyes widened as it sailed overhead, its shadow cast over the village. It blotted out the darkening sky, it's every minute feature displayed for the horrified people below to see. That was when the true terror began. Everything that had been stuck to the bottom of her sandal fell upon the down, rocks, mud, and stray flecks of lint shed from her tabi. All of it pelted down upon the town below as her foot passed overhead, something one might never even think about now proving the source of destruction.

The debris crashed to the ground below, smashing through homes, destroying stalls, and crushing people. Mud splattered onto groups of unfortunate people, the weight of the earth splattering them. A loose bit of straw detached itself from the sandal and impaled a large shop, bringing the whole thing down. Dirt sprayed down like a brown rainstorm of misery and pain that just wouldn't end. Fires caught upon a few buildings and countless people were nursing injury or were dead in the town below. All from a single step from the goddess.

The lord watched as a massive pebble detached itself from above and slammed down into the roof of his home. He ran inside and saw three of his servants splattered under it. He couldn't believe this, she hadn't even stepped upon them and she still was destroying. The clack of her sandal slapping at her foot sounded out as she walked away from the town, filling Lord Izakara with dread.

He turned to his retainer. "Find your best men and send them out to the other villages and tell them to ride on to speak with other daimyo. Then send men down into the town to assess the damage! Hurry, go!"

The man bowed and jogged away. The lord stood at the balcony at the other end of his home and watched her form retreat into the distance, feeling the landing of each step in his bones. Who was going to believe this? The lord still wasn't sure he believed it. He still wasn't sure after staring long and hard at her foot and watching it blot out the sky. What was she? Some malevolent goddess? Some demoness from the nether world? Of course the most pertinent question on his mind was whether she would be back.

______________________________________________________________________

Momo walked along towards her destination, humming happily as she crushed her way through the countryside. Her sandals smacked down upon a small farming settlement and erased it from existence, the only remains sticking nicely to the bottom of her sandals. Those that by some miracle survived the first step most certainly didn't live through the second one. She smiled and never broke her stride again, unknowing of the countless lives perishing from her simplest of movements.

She eventually managed to reach the tree in question and looked up at it, noting bits of fruit hang from the branches above. What she didn't notice was a few little communities formed upon the lower hanging branches, though they most certainly noticed her. The young woman looked up at the fruit in the tree with a smile upon her face. Isane would certainly appreciate a change of diet after eating fish for so long. While she was here she could always grab a few of them for her sake.

"Alright, Momo, up we go~." The woman said, reaching up to grip one of the branches.

In that moment a community of around one hundred watched five massive pale fingers rise up from below, the whirls of unyielding flesh stretching high into the sky like pillars. Her neatly trimmed nails gleamed briefly in the dying light. More than one villager stared in awe at the fingers, right before the digits started to curl. Screams were cut short as the mountains of Momo's fingers curled tightly around the branch, the majority of the community wiped out the instant her hand found its grip.

Some of the lucky ones fell. They fell long and far, down into the open air. Some fell into the soft fabric of her kimono, a comfortable landing all things considered. Others fell into the opening where the valley of her breasts were displayed. The soft mounds of flesh caught these falling villagers, most not realizing where they were for a moment. Momo didn't pay much mind to debris or dust upon her clothes, she could wipe herself off later after all.

With her new passengers in tow the woman slipped both of her feet out of her sandals and rose them up to a low hanging branch, curling her toes for further grip. Another community only saw an endless white sky of unending fabric before their end. Momo shifted and wriggled her toes to ensure her grip there as good, grinding the remains of the community to dust. Some of the debris and people were caught in the fabric, becoming mere dirt on the underside of her tabi.

The retainer ended up pressing herself against the trunk of the tree as she reached up for her next handhold. Those upon the front of her kimono and upon her breasts found themselves pressed between two surfaces. Some were crushed and other fell to their deaths. The tenacious few that kept their grips on the kimono would find themselves tangled up in the fabric. Many struggled to free themselves from their pink and floral patterned doom but to no avail. They were stuck to the kimono, unable to escape. Likely those that survived would remain trapped in the fabric, fated to starve or eventually be wiped away by an uncaring Momo with a casual flick of her hand.

Momo gripped onto the next branch and hoisted herself up, finally reaching a point where she could reach the fruit above. She smiled victoriously and reached up, knocking a few down to the ground and taking one for herself. The one she took for herself possessed a few harvesters from the branch above, dutifully working to harness the fruit to feed their little community. They never dreamed to encounter Momo.

The young woman smiled as she examined the fruit, pleased at the ripeness of the pink treat. She didn't see the flecks of dust waving their tiny arms frantically, trying to get her attention. As she stood poised in the tree the retainer opted to help herself right now. She licked her lips as she imagined eating something that finally wasn't rice or fish. It certainly looked appealing from where she was standing.

"Down you go~." The retainer sang, opening her maw wide.

To those upon the surface of the fruit it was as though a moist and warm gateway to hell had just opened up before them. Ropes of saliva formed and broke as her lips parted and her breath was enough to knock many upon their back. Those that didn't promptly threw up from her fish scented breath, overwhelmed by the foul odor. Her massive teeth gleamed in the fading light, poised to chomp down. Some jumped and others simply stood frozen, watching as their fate was sealed.

Momo bit down onto the flesh of the fruit, her lips managing to catch a few people fleeing on the surface of the fruit, dragging them to join the others. She chomped through the fruit and took away a massive chunk, closing her mouth and pursing her lips as she chewed away at her treat. Its sweetness immediately exploded upon her taste buds as she tossed the piece around her mouth, swirling around her captives in a mixture of sweet juices and saliva. It was actually better than she had expected.

"Mmm..."

She cheerfully chewed away at the fruit, pulping a number of those trapped within her mouth and mixing them in with her tasty treat. She was very certain Isane was going to appreciate eating these. Her teeth chomped away, pulping the fruit again and again. Those inside her mouth that didn't die from being crushed and mixed in with the fruit or drown in the juices were alive just long enough for the worst bit as Momo tossed the food to the back of her mouth. Screams she would never hear echoed out through her mouth as people stared at their doom, the place where the true hell lay.

Momo hummed as she swallowed daintily, sighing as she felt it arrive in her empty stomach. The organ rumbled as it prepared to work at its meal. Her eyes returned to the rest of the fruit, those still upon it realizing that one bite wouldn't be enough to satisfy this goddess. Some managed to make it to her fingers before the next bite while others fell off. Some ran into the mines that had been dug into the fruit, hoping to escape her merciless teeth. It was for naught as she bit through the fruit and took another chunk into her mouth.

She chewed this one more quickly and swallowed, condemning yet more souls to a gruesome end in her stomach. Momo happily bit away at the fruit, juices running over her fingers as she ate. Some escaped down her chin, a few people managing to escape their fate in this manner as they flowed down her chin and were caught in fat drops and fell down to the ground far below. Eventually she finished her meal and tossed the fruit away onto the ground below, those that had managed to escape her mouth finding their end rising quickly to meet her.

Those that had escaped death by way of her fingers were now trapped in the sweet juices running down her fingers, some falling away while others were trapped. Momo, however, had clearly not forgotten about them. In horror the survivors screamed as the woman flicked her tongue over the rivulets of juice, claiming the prizes that had cheated it earlier. She swallowed the remnant of the fruit and let out a sigh of contentment. She would need to collect more of that fruit later. For now the ones below would have to be enough for the morning.

With that done the young woman climbed back down the tree and landed on the ground. She checked her tabi and sighed in disgust as the once white bottom looked rather dirty. "I hope there is a lake or something on this island, I need to wash our clothes..." She muttered.

She wiped at the bottom of her tabi with the back of her hand, brushing away what dirt and stray bark that she could. Her motions crushed out those few that had managed to find refuge upon her tabi or flung their broken bodies to the wind. Once she was satisfied with the efforts she wriggled her feet back into her sandals, brushing at her kimono next. Unfortunately for some of those trapped here her efforts did not release many. Many remained tangled in their prisons of fabric, fated to remain a part of Momo's attire until either she washed and purged them away with the rest of the filth and dirt or they starved. Their cries for help fell upon deaf ears as Momo plucked up the fruit upon the ground and held it up in her arms.

She walked away from the tree without a second thought, leaving countless broken bodies upon the ground below and a number of destroyed communities in her wake. All she was thinking about however was figuring out the layout of the island. They could be here for a while after all. It was a little odd none of the sea charts had it on their maps, however that just meant Isane and her had been the first to discover it! They could name it whatever they wanted and since Isane was a samurai she could take it for herself! Their own little island away from civilization, Momo blushed as she found it so romantic.