- Text Size +
Story Notes:

All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

Author's Chapter Notes:

In between writing for a few other stories off and on I figured I'd try my hand at both unaware and mega/giga giantess. I find the concept of a potentially innocent and carefree character being blissfully ignorant of the destruction one movement can cause to be quite interesting. Not sure how long it will be, but bear with me as I try it out. Why the pseudo-fudal Japan theme? I grew a little bored writing pseudo-Medieval Europe.

And away we go!

The vast ocean spanned from horizon to horizon, a vista of shimmering and calm blue under the noon sun. Gulls cried overhead and the clouds drifted gently through the air. A slight breeze caressed at the gentle waves, blowing towards the west. It was a crisp and clear day that many a sailor would savor while it lasted.

The scene of natural beauty was disturbed by the presence of a tiny vessel slowly making its way through the waters. It bore a single triangular mast and had enough space for two people to occupy comfortably. The vessel was more designed for fishing out in the bay of a fishing village and certainly not for long voyages at sea. Indeed the boat rocked and swayed at the mercy of the open ocean. This swaying was much to the misery of one of the two occupants of the boat, who was leaning over the side of the vessel and looked very much like she was considering emptying the contents of her stomach upon the clear waters.

Kyoske Isane groaned loudly as the constant motions of the boat upset her stomach, stirring the contents around in a singularly unpleasant manner. She would have been more than happy for a lightning bolt to strike her dead at that very moment. Anything was better than... this. Then there was the smell. Growing up in the Syngaru Empire meant a frequent fare of fish but having to smell it every single minute of every single day was enough to turn her off fish forever.

"Ugh... I hate everything..." She mumbled aloud, just audible enough for the other occupant of the boat to hear.

"Perhaps you might feel better if you stopped staring at the water lapping at the side of the boat? Simply a suggestion, Kyoske-sama." Supplied a calm and rather chipper voice.

A growl left the miserable woman. "Momo-san, shut up. Your voice is too loud."

Momo sighed from her position at the other end of the boat, holding out a little fishing pole over the side of the boat. Even her sigh sounded too loud. Why was every little sound pounding away at her skull? It was probably the seasickness. There was probably something to what the other woman said as watching the lapping waves was certainly NOT helping her stomach settle. However if she moved upright she knew she'd just end up vomiting inside of the boat. The smell of fish was bad enough, but the smell of half-digested fish would be unbearable.

How many days did today mark? Fourteen? Fourteen days at sea. Fourteen miserable days of being unable to keep down much of anything she ate. Fourteen days of being unable to train her body. She could practically feel her toned muscles atrophying from the constant lack of attention. At least she had Momo for company, though really the ease in which the young woman took to this time at sea was not endearing in the slightest. To be honest it left Isane feeling very much like she was the weak one out of the two of them for once.

"Momo-san... can you please fix some rice up?"

A weary sigh was the immediate answer. "You know we finished off the rice five days ago. All we have left is the fish."

Oh... right. Why had she even asked? Isane was certain that she was getting more delirious by the second. Five days on a diet of nothing but fish. Raw fish. The thought of eating more curdled her stomach. She needed to eat something else. Anything else. The cry of a gull echoed in her ears at the woman turned her gaze skywards. They were flying off to whatever destination called to them. They were flying pretty low actually. Just low enough that Isane felt her mouth water at the thought of having Momo pluck bird feathers as opposed to peeling fish scales.

"Get me my bow."

The other woman blinked and turned her gaze towards Isane. "I- what? Why would you... oh. I don't think that's a good idea."

Isane pushed off from the side of the boat and stumbled to her feet. "You are an awful retainer, Momo-san. When your mistress tells you to get something you should- urk!"

It only took a few moments for Isane to realize how much of a bad idea standing was right now and she promptly emptied the contents of her stomach into the blue waters. She wiped at the corner of her mouth as another wave of deliria washed over her mind. Momo sighed from her end of the boat and shook her head slightly at the sight.

"And that is why that was a bad idea. Standing makes it worse. Maybe you should just lie down, Kyoske-sama. I will wake you when dinner is ready." The younger woman supplied helpfully.

Isane didn't lie down so much as she did slump back inside the boat with an audible thunk. The woman looked up at the sky, praying to every spirit she knew of that they would soon reach land. At this point she didn't care what kind of land it was so long as it was some place where she was constantly feeling like she'd throw up. The woman looked across the boat to where their dwindling water reserves were held. With some effort she turned onto her belly and started to crawl over to it.

It was a matter of pride that she didn't just order Momo to get it for her. Her retainer had more important things to worry about than her seasick samurai mistress. Like getting more food so they didn't starve. Isane reached the nearest gourd and removed the stopper before tipping it over her lips. She drank deeply of the water within, swallowing long greedy gulps and appreciating how the cool liquid soothed at her dry throat as it went down. Eating was difficult but at least she could have this good sensation.

She forced herself to stop drinking and placed the stopper back into place. All they had left was in that gourd and a smaller one in the storage space below. After that they would be at the mercy of the rain falls if they didn't find land soon. Isane crawled back to her side of the boat and flopped back onto her back, staring up at the clouds with a prominent frown on her features. Laying down made it easier to deal with and everything wasn't horribly loud anymore at least.

At the best of times Isane was quite the sight to behold though being sick constantly while at sea certainly took away from some of her luster. Her normally tanned skin was much paler and sickly looking, a light sheen of sweat adding a clamminess to it that felt revolting. Her long dark hair was out of its normal topknot and sat wild about her head. Dark circles ringed her almond shaped eyes, indicating lack of sleep lately. Her figure had yet to suffer much so her reasonable curves and her toned muscles were relatively intact. Her hakama and tabi were discarded in the storage below so all she wore was a simple blue kimono, its obi tied haphazardly. For a woman nearing her mid-thirties she still had her fierce beauty.

Her retainer on the other hand looked to have not suffered at all from their time at sea, looking much the same. Her very generous curves and her soft and pale beauty made her look very suited to work in some brothel or another. A tiny and warm smile was a constant presence upon her face, her mood not at all lessened by their misfortune. Her hair was done up into a pair of braids tied with pink ribbons. Her pink floral patterned kimono was done properly and she still wore tabi upon her feet. She was petit and certainly young, just entering her seventeenth year in a few months. The desire of most men really.

Isane groaned again. "Momo-san... next time you suggest we escape from a duel gone bad by boat, remind me to decapitate you. Blech."

"I shall make a mental note of it, Kyoske-sama. You should really get to sleep though."

Isane grumbled slightly at the chipper tone of her retainer's voice before curling up upon the floor of the boat and squeezing her eyes shut. Sleep never came easily and rarely lasted for more than a few hours. Right now that's all she wanted. A few hours of blissful unconsciousness so she didn't have to feel a thing. She trusted Momo absolutely so she knew the young woman would wake her up when it was time to eat. She also knew refusing to eat wasn't an option; Momo would just force it down her throat most likely. Most samurai wouldn't take such things from their servants but Isane had learned just how... forceful little Momo could be.

The next few hours were a blur really as she slipped in and out of consciousness. For the most part her body was numb and she failed to feel the rocking of the boat, so that was certainly a bonus. There were no dreams in her slumber, simply a grey void until the next moment she felt consciousness overtake her. It wasn't good sleep by any stretch but it was the closest she got to actually sleeping.

Finally she was brought fully back into the world as she felt Momo shaking her awake. A tired glare left her dark eyes but her retainer seemed not to notice. Instead she pointed beyond the boat and into the distance. With some effort Isane sat up, her stomach protesting the movement immediately. However as she stared in the direction Momo pointed towards any thoughts of sickness flew from her mind.

In the distance was the blurry shape of land. Not the mainland by the looks of it but possibly and island of some sort. The samurai didn't exactly care about where it was so long as it wasn't this boat. She felt giddy excitement rise up at the mere thought of setting foot on dry land. Unable to contain herself any longer she threw her arms around Momo, who quickly returned the gesture.

"Finally! Thank the spirits. Next time I am at a shrine I intend to donate half of my wealth."

Momo raised an eyebrow at that. "Only half?"

"Well, I do need some for myself still. I never promised to give all of my wealth to the spirits after all... just some."

"Uh huh. Sounds to me like you are trying to get out of a deal."

Isane waved a hand dismissively. "Never mind that, I'll handle that later. We should be getting ready for landfall. Uh... how do we do that exactly?"

Momo rolled her eyes. "If you were born anything but a samurai you would be starving or dead within a fortnight, I swear. I'll show you."

It was then that Isane realized she was standing up. The only warning she received was a slight roiling in her stomach before she was clutching the side of the boat and expelling whatever still remained in her stomach. She slumped against the side and mentally cursed the spirits for their vindictive cruelty. A sigh left the lips of her retainer as she shuffled towards the front of the boat and opened the storage area to pull out a few supplies.

"Actually... just stay right there, Kyoske-sama. You can help when we are near the shore." Momo said.

With that the young woman set herself to the task of preparing the boat to head in towards the island, adjusting course and internally pleased to have the wind with them at the very least.

_____________________________________________________________________

Jong let out a grunt as he lifted a basket of rice in his arms and started back towards the village proper. It was approaching the evening and slowly but surely the coastal village of Risi was starting to calm. Samurai still patrolled here or there, watchful for those who dared defy the rules of the daimyo. Jong kept his gaze carefully averted and his posture respectful as he passed them by. It wouldn't do to have his head removed for granting some imagined insult to the prideful warrior class.

The peasant man trudged along back in the direction of his home, pleased to have finished working before the sun dropped below the horizon. Finally he could spend a bit more time with his wife. Honestly he'd been looking forward to that for days now but he had been too exhausted for anything after the long hours in the fields. Honestly he feared it was irritating her somewhat that he couldn't spend time with her.

As he walked past a few fishermen turning in for today he noted a boat approaching the village in the distance. Odd. Maybe they were traders from Sasizu running late on a shipment. He pitied them as the dock master was certainly one to raise tithes whenever he could get away with it. People who arrived 'late' tended to get slammed extra hard. Jong put it out of his mind as he arrived at his small home, sliding open the door and smiling at his wife.

She rose to meet him and gave him a peck on the cheek. "You're home early!"

"Managed to finish up digging the terraces quicker than we thought we would so we got paid extra and sent home early." Jong said, smirking slightly.

His wife took the basket of rice from him and set it aside for later, kneeling down before the fire pit in the center of their home. The field hand sighed at the smell of her cooking. Truly the woman was a saint sent down by the spirits. He sat down across from her and gave her a little smile. They simply stared at each other for a few long minutes. Internally Jong felt a bit nervous. He had thought he had known what he had wanted to do however now... he wasn't entirely sure. Was she even interested in that tonight?

His wife sighed. "Honestly Jong, you think too much."

With that said the woman slipped off her obi and allowed it and her kimono to fall upon the floor as she rose and walked over to him, naked as the day she was born. Jong chuckled nervously at that observation, finding his lips captured by the woman. Immediately his inhibitions left him as his arms wrapped around her waist, pulling her in close. It had been so long since they had done something like this.

The man caressed at the soft flesh of her back, breaking from the kiss only for air. He wanted this more often really, this closeness. If his job didn't include such exhausting work then he would probably have it. At the moment however all thoughts of the day fled him, especially when his wife slipped her fingers inside his kimono. A pulse of pleasure shot through his body as he groaned against her, need filling him slowly but surely...

"Jong! Jong, get out here! You have to see this!"

Both lovers let out an exasperated groan. "Yoshi, I'm a little occupied at the moment! Comeback later!"

"No, seriously, get out here! Like right now!"

Jong let out a disgusted sigh and gave his wife an apologetic look. She bit her lower lip but nodded and removed herself from him, allowing him to rise. The man stood and stomped towards the door, sliding it open and glaring at his friend. However the rotund form of Yoshi was not looking at him. He was looking outwards towards the ocean. Jong sighed and stepped outside briskly.

"Alright Yoshi you better have a... good... reason..."

As Jong stared outwards he felt words fail him. His mind went utterly blank and his eyes widened so much it was surprising they did fall from their sockets. The boat he had seen coming in the distance had gotten closer... and a LOT bigger. It was monolithic to say the very least and even that didn't begin to describe the enormity of the thing. The prow stretched up and up and up into the sky and seemed to go on forever. The fact that humans could possibly construct something so very massive defied all belief.

The usually gentle tides of the coast were becoming more volatile the closer the boat came to the village. Its shadow was looming over the village, casting everything in darkness. Most of the village was out and about and staring as the massive boat crept closer and closer unable to look away from the enormity of the sight before them. Jong found it difficult to even grasp that the massive structure was the same boat from before. He was certain he had never seen anything so incredible in his life time.

At least until he saw her.

From the prow of the boat she leapt out, knee deep into the distant waters. A human only she was so massive that Jong wondered if perhaps calling her a goddess would not be unwarranted. The splashed created by her jumped out of the boat and into the sea created great waves on the very shore of the village, crashing violently into some of the homes there. Wood cracked and splintered under the force of the waves and dozens were dragged out to sea by the waves created from just a simply movement.

"Jong, what was... what in the name of the spirits is that!?"

Jong was broken out of his stupor by his wife, who had replaced her kimono upon herself and was staring out at the massive wild haired woman looming above them. It was then that he realized that they needed to get out of here. To that... woman no doubt they were all flecks of dust upon the ground. She wouldn't see them and she certainly wouldn't hear them. Judging from the rope in her fingers it was likely that she was coming ashore. Jong didn't want to be around when that happened.

He grabbed his wife by the hand and shook her out of her own stupor. "We have to run! If we can make it to the fields we might have a chance to get away!"

"I... What... She..."

Jong turned his attention to Yoshi. "Yoshi! Find your family and start running! Go!"

The other man needed no more prompting and ran off to do just that. It appeared others had the same idea that Jong had and were running out of the village as fast as they could. Some closer to the shore continued to stare up at the goddess and her boat, unable to move from fear and awe. This proved to be their downfall as the woman started trudging forward through the sea, pulling her rope over her shoulder. The tides picked up violently again as waves assaulted the village, carrying out homes and families out to sea and likely a watery grave.

Jong faced no such paralysis and ran out of the village, his wife picking up the pace behind him. His heart was racing as he ran past fellow villages and even panicking samurai. He didn't blame them. What were the warrior's going to do? Stab at her toe for hours until maybe they drew blood? All the while as he ran he told himself not to look back. The fear would slow his legs; he knew that was the truth.

Even still, as he reached the field he found his eyes glancing back over his shoulder, his heart nearly stopping at the sight. The massive woman had reached the shore of the village and, with a single movement rose her foot up out of the water. Massive fat drops of salt water crashed below as they fell from her drenched kimono and her soaked foot, shattering through roofs and splattering upon groups of fleeing people. The shadow of her kimono fell over all that were still within the village, though that wasn't the worst bit.

Her foot was raised up high into the air, higher than Jong thought the highest bird could fly. Rivulets of water ran between her toes and along the creases of her sole, dripping steadily down below. It stayed poised like that for what seemed like forever before it descended suddenly. In an instant, people, homes, lives were smashed out beneath the foot of this goddess of destruction. A loud boom shook the very ground upon which most fled and Jong knew that he was a mere step away from that fate as well.

Another foot joined the other as she turned, grinding out whatever might have survived beneath her mighty tread. The goddess strained with all her might to pull the boat closer and that was when she finally took a single step backwards. It was in that moment, when her shadow was finally cast over Jong and indeed all those fleeing that he understood what the word insignificant actually meant.

He stared up as her foot loomed above him, able to see easily the wreckage still stuck to the bottom of her foot. Drops of water and pieces of wet mud and wreckage fell all around them, crushing some of those fleeing before the foot ever dropped. Jong couldn't take his eyes off of the foot poised above him. They were nothing to this woman. She wouldn't even notice their passing; she was just taking her first steps upon land. She didn't know that those first few steps were killing hundreds.

Jong heard his wife scream as the foot descended suddenly, the flesh of the goddess descending to meet them all. He didn't have time to scream as her sole pressed down and splattered him upon the unending plains of flesh so many found their end upon.

______________________________________________________________________

Isane grunted as she pulled the boat closer to shore. She thanked the spirits for solid ground beneath her feet, wriggling her toes in pleasure and unknowingly grinding any possibly survivors that might have escaped between her toes to paste. She pulled it in closer and closer before finally she saw it touch the shore. The prow of the boat she pulled utterly annihilated any possible remnants of the tiny village and its inhabitants as it was pulled onto shore. The samurai sighed as she finished her task, lying out upon the ground with a weary sigh.

Momo slipped on her straw sandals and hopped out of the grounded craft, walking over towards her mistress with a smile upon her face. Isane was happier than she had been for fourteen days. She had no intension on departing this island anytime soon; they could look for supplies and possible inhabitants later. For now Isane just wanted to enjoy the landing. Her sickness was starting to fade and she felt like she might actually be able to keep down some manner of food tonight.

Her retainer looked down at her and shook her head. "You know we should probably look around some. It looks like a pretty big island honestly."

Isane yawned, the waves of exhaustion she had felt leading up to the crashing down upon her. "You can look around, Momo-san. I think I am going to pass out now. Wake me if you find something. Don't stray too far..."

With that the samurai was out, gently snoring almost immediately. The retainer shook her head slightly and returned to the boat. She had to admit she was somewhat curious about this island as it was outside of all of her sea charts. She removed her slightly curved knife from the boat and affixed it to her obi and also grabbed something one of the merchants from the western lands had given her. He'd called it a compass. She checked where the needle was pointing and smiled. This way there was no chance of getting lost at least. With that done the retainer opted to do a tiny bit of exploring. Not too far away of course. What kind of people might live on this island?

Chapter End Notes:

Let me know what you think!