- Text Size +

Under the noon sun Daiyo walked along open terrain between the mountain she'd been staying upon and the camp of her two enemies. Her blade was at her side and her golden eyes were wary and alert. She was hesitant about going after Isane so soon after having been healed. Only two days had passed and while her body felt recovered the words of the Flesh-Knitter were fresh in her mind. In all likelihood her opponent was weak and bedridden but if she was able to put up even a bit of a fight her injuries might reopen.

She growled as she kicked at a rock at her feet, sending it sailing through the air. The stone slammed down further ahead upon the outskirts of a tiny village, rolling through it and shattering homes in an instant. Daiyo approached the spot and kicked out once more, the toe of her slipper sliding along the ground. Below the toe section dug deeply into the ground, digging up walls of dirt and rock as it moved towards the village. It gouged through the home that had narrowly avoided destruction from the rock, splintering them and burying dozens under tons of earth.

It continued to cut through to the center of the village, making contact with the stone and sending it flying. The sole of her slipper darkened the sky above the village briefly before slamming down, cutting short screams and cries for mercy. As she stepped off of the devastated remains of the village, dirt and debris falling from the bottom of her slipper she lamented her boredom. There was just nothing to do on this stupid island besides kill her opponents. What she wouldn't have given for her life back home.

There, in her personal manor, she had everything she might ever need. Access to various poisons, sparring partners, and slaves to abuse and use on a whim. She had a few colleagues she could pass the time of day with in her gardens. Being a member of the Jade Court brought prestige though the duties often had one abroad. Here she had nothing to pass the time aside from training. She couldn't even do that without tearing open her back. It was infuriating really.

She started to draw dangerously close to the cliff where Isane and Momo had opted to hide behind. Daiyo stared up at it with narrowed eyes. Not yet. She had time to wait. There was no way Isane could possibly be fully recovered for weeks. Indeed it was probable she would not recover at all. Better to wait. Even if she couldn't put up a fight Momo had proven she was at least willing to get her hands bloody. She might not be much of a fighter but she could be a problem.

The sorceress caught her foot on a rather large stone as she stared up at the cliffs, stumbling forward. Her normally perfect balance was rather upset by her heavier left side weighing her down a bit. The ground sped up to meet her and Daiyo hissed in irritation. Thank the Empress none of her comrades had been there to see that one. She was certain it would have made her the object of many a joke among the Court.

As she was about to rise however her eyes settled upon a patch of ground near where her head had landed. Her keen golden eyes focused upon the spot, the greyish bit of earth at first being written off as little more than dust. As the sorceress got a better look she noted some of the dust was moving through no prompting from the light breeze. She blinked before slowly leaning in for a closer look.

Below in the town the thunderous impact caused by Daiyo's little fall had collapsed more than a few buildings and trapped many in their homes. The true terror came however when her massive and beautiful face dominated the sky above. Her left eye was lowered very; very close to the town the golden orb squinting slightly to look upon the town. People waved their arms and cried out, trying to hold the attention of this monolithic woman. One of her lashes fell from her eye, smacking down in the middle of the street though it avoided crushing anyone.

Daiyo's eyes widened as she realized just what she was looking at. Unbelievable, those looked like... people! Homes! Buildings! They were so tiny, like something out an old fairytale her mother might have read her. She added a bit of sorcery to her sight, widening her pupils quite a bit and increasing her perception. Now she could see very clearly, almost like she was hovering just above the village. She could see the details one might very easily miss.

They looked Syngarese with their clothing and how their homes were constructed. Indeed there were even tiny little samurai staring up into her eye, holding their sword hilts in terror. They were so small, like little bits of dust particles. It was not every day that the woman was struck completely speechless however this was certainly one of those days. They looked like they were shouting something, others looked fit to flee. Flee where, Daiyo wondered as her eyes watered slightly from the excess power forced into them.

The woman blinked, sending a couple of drops of her tears towards the town below. The droplets crashed into the ground and swept up people and homes alike in a salty flood. She could see people flailing in the water of her tears, struggling to swim and others struggling to breathe. Some stopped moving after a time, having drowned in the water. She rubbed at her eyes and willed the sorcery behind them to disperse. She... had not meant to do that. She wasn't exactly sure what to feel for some people that had just drowned in a couple of tears.

She lowered her face closer again, breathing in a little sharply through her nose as she did. Once she did a hurricane of winds tore homes and people up from the ground and towards the massive inky black holes of her nose. The almost imperceptible hairs within crushed and smashed people and rubble. A few people managed to survive only for Daiyo to raise her head up and inhale deeply once more, the dust caught in her nose managing to irritate it ever so slightly. Those few that had survived were sucked to the depths of her nose, splattering in an ocean of her mucus.

The sorceress rubbed at the bottom of her nose with her index finger, flaring her nostrils to work out the irritation. So tiny people could get sucked up there if she breathed too hard, that was probably important to note. She turned her attention to the terrified little town below, losing herself in thought. This... was unexpected. A tiny little civilization. Were there more, she wondered. How was this possible?

Her eyes drifted back down to the terrified townsfolk below. She smirked as she noted a few trying to run. She drove the very tip of her long nail through the ground on the outskirts of the town before slowly dragging it around in a wide circle. The monolithic nail dug a deep scar into the earth as Daiyo methodically avoided those fleeing and finished her circle. It was a prison, a way of keeping them inside of their town. She needed answers.

She lifted her stone left hand over the town, letting it hover their before reaching out with her mind. "Attention. This is the woman hovering above you. I demand to see your lord immediately. If he is not presented before me I will bring my hand down on top of you all."

With her message delivered she adjusted her eyesight once more, spying a man shuffling out of a rather lavish looking manor. He was kowtowing before her, good, he was scared. Intimidated creatures were more often easier to deal with. She reached out with her power and lifted him off the ground, upturning her hand and levitating the speck onto the surface of her jade hand. No doubt to him it was a near endless field of glassy green stone with her fingers stretching high up into the sky.

Once he was upon her Yushou it was much easier for her to single him out for telepathic communication. "You are the lord of this town?"

"Ah, no."

Daiyo's eyes narrowed dangerously. "Then why are we speaking?"

"I am, uh, his magistrate great woman. Our lord is... well... you inhaled him and his retinue." The man projected back, his thoughts filled with barely concealed terror.

Oh. Well, that was inconvenient. Daiyo blinked at the explanation before shaking her head slightly. It was probably a good thing this island was so far out of the way. It was really amazing that a seagull hadn't destroyed their whole little civilization. Come to think of it... there hadn't been much signs of any animal activity since she had arrived upon the island. No gulls passing overhead and no fish swimming in the waters around the island. Were they all tiny as well?

The sorceress refocused her attention to the magistrate. "What is this place called?"

"Our town is called Ekito-."

"No, not the town. I mean this land."

"Oserika."

Oserika. A strange name. It sounded distinctly Syngarese. Just like everything below looked Syngarese. A tiny Syngaru Empire perhaps? An offshoot or some mystical realm where everything was tiny? If that was the case then did that mean that across the sea there was a tiny version of her own homeland? The thought was interesting though she doubted the man had answers in that regard.

"Are there other towns like yours?"

The man hesitated but a slight narrowing of golden eyes prompted him to spill what he knew. "Yes! Many. They are spread all across the continent. Just north of us is a rather large city, Izaru."

All over the place eh? Daiyo actually looked back towards the bottom of her slippers, her enhanced eyesight revealing a rather gruesome sight. Stuck in with the dirt and mud were mangled and crushed bodies, as well as rubble from buildings torn asunder. She curled her toes slightly in discomfort. It wasn't that she was uncomfortable with having slain countless under her soles, she didn't particularly care honestly. If anything could end up killed or destroyed by her breathing they were rather pathetic in her eyes. It was more that she had gone this long without knowing what was all around her.

If she hadn't known, then what were the odds that Isane and Momo had? Not very likely. The thought that the proud samurai and the gentle and loving retainer had ended hundreds of lives without knowing it was rather amusing to her. She let out a low chuckle at the looks on their faces if they ever realized it. Especially poor little Momo, oh it would be absolutely priceless to see how deep her sorrow would go.

"Umm... miss..."

"Daiyo." The sorceress projected back, reminded of the existence of the magistrate.

"Daiyo-sama. I must beg you, please leave our town in peace. We do not know what we have done to offend you but we beg your forgiveness." The man said, on his knees and kowtowing before her.

She blinked. That's right, what was she going to do with them? Her eyes flitted over the trapped and frightened people below, her expression dispassionate. There was no real purpose to be served in killing them all. She had no doubt that she could very easily massacre all of them with a sweep of her hand or by blowing particularly hard. Then again, she had been looking for a way to pass the time. Why simply end it in one fell swoop? Daiyo levitated the magistrate down to the ground easily and extended her telepathy towards the entire town.

"I am feeling rather bored today so you wretches will be my entertainment. I will give you exactly one minute to escape your little town since you did provide some information to me. Anything caught inside my circle after that minute will be getting a rather unpleasant surprise."

With that she watched with amusement as all chaos broke loose at her words. People scrambled about in their tiny village, knocking each other over, trampling the elderly and infirm in a bit to make it passed the circle she had drawn. Nothing particularly would be served by this in the larger scheme of things but boredom seemed as good a reason as any to exterminate the creatures. At the best of times Daiyo could be described as unreasonably cruel, at worst she was downright sadistic.

The seconds ticked away and she was actually halfway impressed that a few managed to escape her circle. Quite the survival instinct in those ones. She resolved to keep her word there and ensure she avoid killing them. Such strength should be fostered after all. However a good number of people were still trapped in the town by the time her count was up, weakling the lot of them. It looked like a few had tried to go for their belongings. Foolish, very foolish.

"Time! How pathetic. Entertaining, but pathetic. I think I've seen enough here." Daiyo projected.

She reached out with her telekinesis and stood, the ground within the circle rising up from the earth and into the heavens. She held out a hand as she walked slightly away to avoid her fun killing those below. The earth that held the tiny town landed upon the palm of her flesh and blood hand. Daiyo sighed, feeling a rush at holding the lives of so many in her hands. Killing and pain where quite the aphrodisiacs.

She could see them screaming and searching for shelter as her fingers loomed above, might pillars of flesh and blood that could curl and slaughter them all. As it was, Daiyo knew she didn't need to do a thing. Slowly the loose earth holding the village up started to crumble away, dirt spilling between her fingers. Buildings and people were held by loosening earth as it poured away over the sides and between her fingers to fall to the ground far below.

Some gripped onto her skin for purchase, amusing really though they were mostly carried away by the rest of the town. Daiyo idly turned her hand to the side, creating enough of an incline to send the bits upon her palm tumbling away. It was a long way down, that much she could see for those falling. They flailed and tumbled through the air freely though Daiyo knew well they would not survive hitting the ground.

With very little care she wiped her hands of the rest of the mess, crushing those few that had managed to hold on between flesh and stone. With that bit of entertainment done Daiyo set off northward, interested to find this city that had been spoken of. She left in her wake a crater that had once held the town of Ekito and the discarded remnants upon the ground. Trash tossed to the winds as far as she was concerned.

It didn't take long for her to locate the city, with her comparative size it was a rather leisurely stroll. Her enhanced eyesight could already see people fleeing inside at her approach. As though they thought the tiny wooden walls would save them. She doubted the walls would even match the size of her smallest toe. How utterly sad. Unlike Isane and Momo, know that she knew what she was compared to these creatures she was more than willing to destroy them for pure entertainment value.

As she approached however she noticed something. A lone figure remained outside of the city walls. Daiyo got on her hands and knees, destroying farmland with barely a thought. Her golden eyes narrowed down as she focused upon the tiny figure. It was a woman, dressed in a rather filthy and dirty kimono. She stared up at her though it was not in fear or anything of the sort. If anything it looked like she was expecting her. That was enough to gain Daiyo's attention as she held out her jade hand and levitated the woman upwards.

The weightlessness at least seemed to have unnerved the young woman, a young woman that reminded her a little of Momo at first glance. She swam and flailed her arms through the air until she was placed safely down upon Daiyo's hand. Well, safely was yet to be determined. The mere resemblance to the bitch retainer was having Daiyo strongly considering crushing her in her hand like a bug.

Instead she reached out with her mind once more. "You. You do not run as the others do. Why?"

The tiny woman seemed surprised by the sound of a voice in her head, blinking a few times before recovering. "I-I have seen others like you."

Daiyo blinked and drank a little more deeply into the woman's mind. The intrusion earned a screech of pain from the tiny woman as she fell to her knees upon the endless plain of green. The sorceress paid it no mind and took a peek around at her memories through her Yushou. Images flashed through her mind. Momo's titanic form, Isane's. An endless field of white. A fall. Then there was something else, something that resonated strongly with Daiyo's Yushou.

Hate. There was so much hate. Anger. The burning desire for revenge. It thrummed at Daiyo's stone heart. Delicious. Daiyo knew the feelings well as they constantly swam under the surface of her own mind. When she saw who the hate was directed towards she nearly chuckled. Interesting. This was a much more interesting find than the existence of tiny folk.

"Tell me. What is your name, tiny one?" Daiyo inquired, drawing back from the depths of the woman's memories.

The dirty brown haired woman looked up, panting from the sheer pain of such intense invasion of her mind before finally managing an answer. "Rika. My name is Rika."