- Text Size +

Hand Off

The morning arrived and Lina removed him from her panties, carrying him to the bathroom to give him a thorough washing after his evening locked against her asshole. She again provided him a meal of various fruit and a dollop of yogurt.

They remained in silence, neither engaging in unnecessary platitudes of circumstance as they counted down time until his departure.

“You know I’ll be back,” he said, winking up at her, doing his best Schwarzenegger impersonation amidst a mouthful of succulent strawberry.

“I know,” she replied, smiling down on him. Reaching down, gently stroking his hair and the side of his face with the pad of her thumb.

Finishing his repast, he wiped his mouth on the back of his arm and looked up at her. “Is it time?” he asked.

Checking the time on her phone, she nodded slowly. “Unfortunately yes, it should be before class otherwise she mightn’t have her phone on,” she responded.

“How long do you think he will stay here?” he inquired.

She shook her head from side to side. “He did not say, though I imagine his business will not allow him to remain overly long,” she presumed.

He nodded then provided the number to Tess’s cell phone. Lina dialed.

“Hello,” answered Tess after the second ring.

“Hello,” replied Lina, “This is Lina Lindholm, is this Teresa?”

“This is Tess,” she answered, “How are you Mrs. Lindholm?”

“Please, Lina. I think perhaps you and I should meet someplace,” she suggested.

“Oh?” answered Tess.

“Tom,” Lina said.

There was a pause, “Is everything alright?”

“Of course,” Janine’s mother reassured, “He needs you to collect him and I wish to avoid any unpleasantness with my daughter, so if we could meet somewhere other than my house?”

“Certainly,” Tess said hastily. “Market Square Café, say an hour?”

“We will see you in an hour,” Lina agreed.

“Bye,” replied Tom’s sister.

Disconnecting the call, Lina looked down at Tom, sharing the details of the clandestine rendezvous.

Almost an hour to the minute, Lina walked into the small Café, purse draped over her shoulder. Tess was seated in a booth near the back alongside the window with the eatery’s name painted on the glass. The girl half rose to greet the more mature woman.

Lina smiled and waved a hand to encourage Tess to sit back down as she slid into the booth across from Tom’s sister.

A woman in her middle years dressed in an apron appeared. “Coffee?” she asked, smile on her face as she laid a laminated menu on the table in front of each of them.

“Please,” said Lina, returning the smile.

Looking at Tess, “You dear?” asked the woman.

Tess nodded, “Thank you.”

After the woman departed, Lina favored Tess with a smile, “You are a very beautiful young woman,” she said.

“Thank you, you are exceptionally attractive. I don’t know how you could possibly have a daughter Janine’s age,” she replied.

Lina smiled, “You share your brother’s gift of eloquence,” she said.

Tess grinned, “Tom is more glib than eloquent, but you’re right he is very adept at it,” she agreed, nodding.

Lina chuckled, the waitress arrived with their coffees, setting one white ceramic mug filled with the dark brew in front of each woman.

“Do you wish to order anything?” asked the waitress, pulling a pad and pen from the pocket in her apron.

Looking up at the woman, then to Tess, “I think just coffee, yes?” Lina said.

Tess nodded, “Coffees will be fine,” she said.

The woman smiled and collected the menus then departed.

Both women added a measure of cream and some sugar, Lina one, Tess two, to their coffee, stirring them.

Setting her spoon on the napkin, Lina reached into the dark leather purse on the bench beside her and removed a small black container typically used to hold eyeglasses. Setting it on the table, she slid it slowly halfway across, tapping a painted fingernail on it and nodding before removing her hand.

Taking the eyeglass holder in her hand gently, it taking every ounce of restraint in Tess’s body to not shake the living crap out of it, that’s frustrated she felt. Instead, she slid the black container into her purse, smiling. “Thank you,” she said, gratitude genuine.

Lina returned the smile and took a sip of coffee.

“Is he okay?” Tess asked, leaning forward, voice low.

“A little worse for wear, but improving,” Lina replied. “I shall leave it to him to share an accounting of his travails with you however.”

Tess nodded her head.

“Just a curiosity if I might. That is what you were seeking the night of the party wasn’t it?” Lina inquired. “Not some lost earring?”

Tess nodded slowly. “The little bugger took it upon himself and snuck out,” she replied.

Lina chuckled, “He is very young and somewhat headstrong,” she stated.

“He is my brother and I love him, but he is an impulsive brat,” Tess countered bluntly.

Lina stifled a laugh, setting her cup down and touching her napkin to her face, “Yes, he is a most assuredly a brat. That is a very good word to describe him,” she concurred.

Tess chuckled. “You have no idea,” she said.

Lina arched an eyebrow, sly smile on the side of her face, “Perhaps not.”

Tess rolled her eyes and grinned as she slowly shook her head. Bringing her coffee to her lips she took a drink.

“If you have need of anything, anything at all, please do not hesitate to contact me, you have my cell phone number,” Lina offered raising her eyebrows to convey the emphasis on anything.

Tess nodded, “That is very generous,” she replied, “Thank you.”

Lina smiled. “As I mentioned on the phone, be advised my daughter is unaware of this exchange,” she reminded.

Tess touched a finger vertically across her lips, “Mum’s the word,” she said, no intent to make Janine any wiser and deciding there was no way in hell she was going to let Tom talk her into handing him back over.

Finishing her coffee, Lina cradled the cup between her hands a moment. “I suppose this is it for now,” she said.

Smiling pleasantly, Tess nodded and pushed herself up out of the booth.

Getting up out of her own both, Lina pulled Tess into a hug, embracing the younger woman strongly. “Remember, anything,” she reminded, breaking the hug and stepping back.

Tess nodded. After Lina left the café, she wrestled with the notion of taking him out, but instead decided to keep him in her purse as she walked back to the academy. While she felt an incredible amount of relief, it was tempered by a generous portion of anger. She quickened her stride.

 

Chapter End Notes:

Please feel free to review, comment, or just leave some constructive feedback, it is always helpful and much appreciated, thanks for reading!