- Text Size +
Ava grabbed her traps, a shotgun, and a bottle of choloform. She made it to the cabin and heard a ruckus coming from the south side of the river. She hiked quickly in hopes of catching up to the giant. She saw the large figure sitting besides a moutain side, and saw the rumbles of rock around her. She slowly loaded the shotgun and pointed towards her face, stepping a little bit closer. The giant turned her face and looked directly at her, Ava took the shot and hoped she hit her face. She wasn't ready for the kickback and went flying onto her back, she looked dazed and saw the giant was fine and went reaching for her body. Vandana plucked the gun from her arms and snapped it in two. She glared at Ava through wet eyes and loosened her grip to let her sick on her palm.
"What do you want you freaky bitch?" Ava yelled.
"Nothing. Do you want Rylie? I'm not going to harm you this time." Vandana said quietly.
"Bullshit, I don't trust you. Take me to Rylie so I know she's alive and you're not lying."
"I am not lying. I will."
She stood tall and Ava was unprepared for the drastic change in her surroundings, she was dizzy and not fond of heights. She stayed in the middle of the giant's palm where she felt 'safe'. After a little while of walking, Vandana could still see Rylie curled in the fetal position. She came close but far enough that wouldn't scare Rylie, she lowered her hand to the ground and let Ava off.
"RYLIE!" Ava screamed while running to her friend.
"Ava?" she turned her head up to see who was there, "Ava... it's yo...you.'
"Yeah! I wasn't going to leave you out here, are you ok? Where are your clothes?"
"Do you have extra? I don't want to talk about it right now. Why is she here?" She looked over at Vandana who was sitting on her butt trying to seem less menacing.
"She brought me to you. And know we are going to get even with that bitch. Look what she did to my arm! Oh here's an extra jacket and some sweats." Ava showed off her nicely casted arm in dismay, she rummaged through her bags for the extra clothes.
"You look fine to me. What do you mean get even?" Rylie was concerned for a moment when she saw the bottle of chloroform underneath the clothes. Her eyes went big and she grabbed Ava's good arm tightly and said,
"Dude no, you can't do anything to her. She will kill you!"
"Bullshit, I've got this and then we can make ourselves millionaires by turning her into the governement. Have to make sure she's alive though." Ava gave a sly wink. She picked up her bag and waved Vandana to come closer. Vandana crawled over slowly, she gazed at Rylie and looked for a sign of forgivenss. So forcused on Rylie, Vandana didn't see Ava reach in her bag and through the bottle at her face. She quickly raised her large hand to deflect the bottle, but it shattered and the fumes covered her hand and nose. She inhaled and consumed the fumes instantaniously. Her head was light and her vision was blurred but she refused to go wild and run on a rampage. She fought to stay focused on Rylie, she heard a commotion happening below her.
"DUDE! What the fuck did you just do!? She's the one that actually looked after me during that first night we were here!" Rylie stood up and tackled Ava to the ground and threw a right hook into her jaw.
"WHY ARE YOU HITTING ME? I came back for you didn't I?" Ava yelled, pushing her friend over and kicking her in the stomach. "Stupid brat, forget you! The only reason I really came back was to get even with that freak! She did this to my arm and I'm going to do something to her in return!" Ava whipped out a large combat knife that she stole from the old family cabin, and darted forwards to stab Vandana in her confused state. Vandana assumed is was Rylie running towards her and greeted her with her large hand and waited for her to leap into it. Instead she felt a horrible sharp pain go through her middle finger and the top of her palm. She recoiled and pulled out the knife, she chose to make her next move. She allowed her eyes to become yellow and hands into claws, the spines along her back poked through and she was letting herself go, she glanced at Rylie whose face was fearful once more. She was between her stages of being, half human, half beast. She gripped Ava in her hand and traced her claw along her body, from throat to feet. She looked at Rylie and asked in a harsh tone,
"What do you wish for me to do?"
Rylie sat in silence, contemplating the two worlds and two people in front of her. The reality of life and the fantasty of being forgotten and living with Vandana. The choice was now.
"Set her down." Rylie said calmly. Vandana was relectant to set her down, but did so. Rylie walked to the two of them, she looked at Vandana's bloody hand and Ava's bloody lip. She stared at the both of them, deeply and for a long time. Finally she said,
"Ava, you need to leave. Don't come back, don't talk about what you've seen, and if you do...." she pointed towards Vandana "You know what's waiting for you here." Vandana gave a low growl and glared the tiny girl down. "I suggest you start walking. Now."
"Whatever. Never needed you anyways."
"Yes you did! All you ever wanted from me was attention and endless love! I gave that to you and you NEVER gave a shred of kindess back to me. I put some much effort into you and you broke my heart over and over! And of course the only reason you come back is for your own selfish needs! Good luck in life, you're going to need it when you aren't pretty. You have nothing to you besides your looks, and they won't last."
Ava She grunted. She stomped her way through the woods, and hopefully she would never come back.
Rylie looked up at Vandana, her eyes a soft yellow and gazing down at her.
"I'm glad you're here." Rylie commented.
"Me too."
"Yes. Somewhere new. Away from this place. I want to leave all of this behind. I want you to leave your anger behind, leave your....wild to the wild. Can you do that for me? Can you protect me? May I protect you?"
"Yes, I can leave most of my beast here, but some will come with me. I am a forest guardian, it's who I am. I protect what lives in the forest, and if that includes you so be it. Do not fear me, you will make me tame." she smiled sheepishly.
"I will try, it will take time. May I ride on your shoulder again? Be kind to me and I'll be kind to you."
"Of course, my little flower."
Vandana held her hand out and allowed Rylie to step onto it. She kissed her softly and whispered 'I love you'. Rylie returned the kiss and gave a sweet tease of play along her lips and seductively said, do you want to go somewhere private?"
Vandana was content with her life, she wouldn't be alone and Rylie had her lfie fulfilled in ways that weren't previously possible. They would build a life together and have moments of bad and good. As long as they had each other, everything would be ok.