- Text Size +
Ava clenched her teeth to the point of cracking them. She rocked back and forth while looking at the mangled mess she once called an arm. Nothing she could do could express the excruciating pain she was feeling and the absolute anger to get even. She breathed sharply trying to step out of the back of the truck. She made her way into the cabin and searched for pain killers, all she found was a bottle of whiskey. She grabbed it angrily and with the keys to the truck in hand, she was leaving without a second thought. Ava was always somewhat jealous that Rylie was so independent and strong. She held such confidence in whatever she did that Ava would gladly admire in secert. Rather than be support and friendly, she would act shallow and cold. Aside from that though Ava had feelings for her, maybe? Or it was perhaps just because someone gave her constant attention and you can't help but give a little something back to that one person. Ava would never say it aloud but she was a horribly selfish person, she enjoyed being cruel and mean. She liked the feeling she had, she felt powerful. How she could control people's emotions and decisions of how she acted. She knew she was sexy and could get away with basically anything with just a bit of flirting. She thought of Rylie fondly but not enough to want to go and get her from the woods.
She started the truck and wrapped a shirt around her arm until she got to the hospital. She would sneak drinks of the whiskey to numb her memories of the giant and the pain in her arm. It was a beautiful drive home and she began feeeling her guilt of leaving Rylie behind. She park 2 blocks away from the hospital, ate a box of breath mints and lots of prefume. She walked in and demanded a doctor to patch her up. A wink there and a booty bounce there, and tada. 5 hours later and a list of medcine and instructions to take care of her arm she was exhausted and wanted to be home. She went back to the truck and opened the door to see a picutre hanging from the visor. She pulled it out to see her and Rylie together last summer at the beach. They looked so happy then. Ava didn't know why she was so cold and distant with Rylie.... she didn't like what she felt around her. It was becoming too hard to be friends with her and have these bizarre feelings. She gazed at the picture and thought what Rylie would do if this had happened to her.... her guilt was overwhelming. Panging her in the stomach and heart every second that went by. What could she possibly do? Go back and find her? Not likely to be that easy, and the biggest problem being that gigantor the forest bitch. No exceptions though, she had to bring Rylie home to her family. If not she could be blamed for her diappearance or possible death. Had to be prepared though, can't walk back not having any defense or offense plan.
Ava went to a high end hunting shop, asked what would be good for taking on bears and possibly bigger predators.
"Well there young lady" the store owner said, "Depends what you can handle. We have the basic bear traps, mace, pump shotgun, or some other stuff...." saying mysteriously.
"I'll take a trap or two. What's your other stuff?"
"Well, its mostly for pouching more than hunting. We have bottles of chloroform to knock out the animal first. No gun holes or anything like that, get more of a added bonus with a skin that is intact."
"Hmm" she hesitated but it would be more useful than the traps or guns. "I'll take 3 bottles." she said sharply.
"Big spender I see! Must be going on quite the adventure." He chuckled.
"Something like that, can't take any chances." She paid her bill and left in a hurry.
"I'll be there soon Rylie. Don't get yourself killed." She said out loud. She bounced into the truck and went onward to take on the challenge ahead of her.



Meanwhile with Rylie....



"Oh my!" Rylie exclaimed! "Look how beautiful this is!"
Rylie was standing on Vandana's palm looking below the moutain and valley that stretched below them. Vandana was holding her arm high above her head so Rylie could have a better view of the wildlife. She held it there for a little while before bringing Rylie back down to her eye level.
"You know what else is beautiful?" Vandana said softly. "You. A being so small as yourself. Your soul emits such a glow that I cannot look away from it."
Rylie blushed and looked down at her boots that were covered in mud. She looked up into Vandana's eyes and wasn't frightened. Her lush brown hair and peircing blue eyes echoed with a softness of gentle demanor. Although this seemed impossible and just a fable she was looking through the eyes of a extraoridnary being. A being who has been hiden from the world for who knows how long!
"How old are you Vandana?" Rylie asked inqusitively.
"Much older than you. I will be 202 this winter.
"Wow... that's a long time. You've been here that whole time?"
"No..." Vandana looked down at the ground and at her large feet. Her thoughts sadden as she thought of her past. "I've been several places since I was concieved."
"Where are your parents?" Rylie felt bad for asking but she had to know what the history was behind Vandana.
"They are passed. Taken too soon." She frowned a little but it felt kind of nice to say her thoughts out loud to someone besides herself.
"There perished in a forest fire 63 years ago. A hunter and his friends made a camp and left before securing a fire they left burning. It was just me and my mother at first, my father rushed to put the flames out. Trees englufed in flames and ash. My father did not return and my mother left me by the river and went searching for him. I went upstream to escape the proceeding flames. I never saw them again and knew Mother Earth had them safely in her hands.". Vandana said with tears in her eyes.
"I'm so sorry.. I didn't mean to pry." Rylie hugged Vandana's thumb tightly and caressed it slowly. She saw the pain in the giantess's eyes, she could feel her sadness. "Hey, why don't we go back to my cabin? I have a surprise that could cheer you up? Rylie smiled.
"Of course little one." Vandana trudged through the forest, making their way back to Rylie's old family cabin.